Member #
    Images

2 Door JK / JL questions

I am pretty sure I am going to get a new Wrangler this fall or early winter. It will be a 2Door and either a left over JK or new JL or whatever they call them. I was going to hold out for a new Bronco but I think the Bronco will be only 4door and bigger than what I really want.

Help me understand why there is 2018 JK and New Wranglers or JLs I think??

Couple reasons to go with the JK is I want an automatic and the 8 speed in the New Wrangler has had a sorted history in other vehicles where the JK 5 speed auto is pretty decent.

I am not going to build this one too much as I have a built WJ that I plan to keep. I want a Jeep to explore Colorado etc with a removable top. So I am thinking a Sport model with some BFG ATKOs and a basic winch bumper and sliders. 33s will they fit without a BB or should I do a simple BB lift?

Any thoughts on do's and dont's here would be appreciated.

Also I think I will be doing a Broncos theme with it, but nothing too tacky, well at least for a Bronco fan. So thoughts on what to do? Broncos on hood like Rubicon decal, sliders and bumpers in orange and blue, tire cover, embroider the seats. So what base color since I like black cars. Go with Blue, White maybe gray. Don't know. Maybe black and be more low key about it.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

I'd go purple and gold, but that's just me.....

Pam's 35s work well with the Nemesis fenders on her otherwise stock JKU. Not sure if the Rubicon gave her taller springs or not though. You're welcome to check it out if you want.

And another one goes to the dark side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    www.staythetrail.org

Member #
    Images
    Similar case to yours, my wife and I will drive the new one. I will keep the WJ for the heavier trails etc.

Hadnt considered purple and gold for some reason. I did look at the new Pumpkin Orange and it looks way better in person than on the web. But that would mean I will need to get a JL. I suppose I may not have a choice in a few months when I am ready to buy as the JKs may be all gone by then. There are some on the local lot that are pretty much what I want. Just need to pay for kids college next month so have to recover a few months.

We used to have a CJ7 and that is why I want a 2door, something small and simple but with a removable top. I am hoping to fit 33 inch ATKOs. I think the Rubicons have a one or two inch lift height over the others so may I will need to put a BB on it. I will look at yours more closely next time I am around.

What are your sources for Bronco intel? I don't recall any hard evidence of any designs. It's all pretty tight lipped!

But it will be based on the new Ranger platform, which is IFS. But can you imagine a Raptor Bronco??

I would just hate for you to have buyers remorse when the old steed is reborn!! ;-)

EDIT: or just give ICON a call...
    Last edited by 74BuckinBronc; July 20th, 2018 at 06:37 AM.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    Help me understand why there is 2018 JK and New Wranglers or JLs I think??
    JL is a mid-year introduction.
    Why is it that common sense isn't so common anymore?

Member #
    Images
    I get it, but it seems most manufacturers will just call the new mid year model a 2019 for example.

I do know the Bronco will be 4door and I am interested in a smaller rig with a removable top. I understand the new Bronco will like have some sort of removable top and is intended to compete with the Wrangler and 4Runner. But I really just want a small removable top rig.