Thread: CAD for iPad?

CAD for iPad?

Looking for suggestions for a CAD app for my iPad Pro. There are a lot of options and I was hoping to save some trial and error by asking for suggestions and hoping someone had weeded out a decent app that is easier to use. Just using for a few designs and projects, not building the shuttle
    ďNo bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his country.Ē -
    General George S. Patton, Jr.

Member #
    Images
    "Easy to use" and "CAD" don't typically go together... There is a steep learning curve to any cad software but once you get there they are all very similar.

Fusion 360 has a free hobbiest license, easily the most powerful CAD & CAM! software with an iPad app. Also Onshape is another one. However all of your designs have to be public to be free. I just name mine weird things.
    Last edited by PhantomD AKA Zach; May 22nd, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

94 Toyota Pickup, 4" Marlin, duals, e-lockers...
    I used to own a jeep...
    Click! for cheap York clutch!

Thanks, I will look at that one. I donít mind paying. I just donít want to buy something and find it is a complete mess or isnít truly compatible with the platform I want to use it on

Member #
    Images
    Fusion 360 is made by AutoDesk, the makers of AutoCAD. It's a full featured Parametric CAD software. The really cool thing about Fusion is that it includes CAM. I have a buddy who has a small CNC mill in his garage and he loves it.

Check out youtube for "NYCCNC" he has some amazing machining videos and CAD videos all about Fusion.