Slaughterhouse near Bailey?

Is it open? Thinking about heading up there Saturday.
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Images
    Pretty sure it stays open all year.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

I was looking on Trailsoffroad website for conditions and they had posted that Slaughterhouse is closed from Jan 1 to May 15. I called the ranger district this morning and they confirmed that. So I guess that is out.

Member #
    Images
    I have wheeled the back route through the trees to a closed gate before. It was sorta fun with a little bit of snow here and there.

I think Chinamen's is open yr round.

Id tag along, but my Jeep is missing and engine and transmission at the moment. Hope to be done when I get my transmission back next week.
    Last edited by mtn WJ; January 12th, 2018 at 09:48 AM.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    I was looking on Trailsoffroad website for conditions and they had posted that Slaughterhouse is closed from Jan 1 to May 15. I called the ranger district this morning and they confirmed that. So I guess that is out.
    I forgot about the new closure based on the lawsuit. Same one has China wall closed.

Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    I have wheeled the back route through the trees to a closed gate before. It was sorta fun with a little bit of snow here and there.
    I think Chinamen's is open yr round.
    Id tag along, but my Jeep is missing and engine and transmission at the moment. Hope to be done when I get my transmission back next week.
    Hey Keith, it's been a while. Maybe we can get out again later on.
    My nephew and his wife just bought a Rubicon. They were going to be in South Park this weekend and wanted to try out a trail. Sounds like they may have to wait for a while.
    We took them up Chinamans last November. They loved it but said that they are not quite ready for that difficult of a trail.

Member #
    Images
    Definately,

I am putting in a new engine and transmission at the moment. Was stalled on the trans rebuild, but should be done in a couple weeks.

I will ping you when I am up and running and lets see whats up.