Member #

My screwup of the week. Pinion angle

How bad is my pinion angle off? Am I going to have to redo my perches? Im running a jeep 4.0 auto, 5.38s and 40s. Thanks guys.

Overkill is a very underrated achievement.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid View Post
    How bad is my pinion angle off? Am I going to have to redo my perches? Im running a jeep 4.0 auto, 5.38s and 40s. Thanks guys.

https://www.rme4x4.com/attachment.ph...2&d=1512963876
    https://www.rme4x4.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1512963876

I can't see the pics.
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Member #
    hmmmm I can on my laptop but not my phone.

Member #
    Ill try again. This is my angles with my jeeps weight on the springs and the tires off. All my angles are within a degree of each other.

Last edited by Ezalycasaid; December 11th, 2017 at 11:08 AM.

Member #
    Images
    is this a front or rear... I can only see the 1st 4 photos... have you check if things bind up when the suspension dropped out, bumped and flexed?

I think youll want to redo it but that's just me
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    From the last picture, it does look to me as though your pinion is high. Does it vibrate?
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

I'd run it and try it first before cutting off perches, if it has a vibration either use a wedge or then cut off and reweld it.

As tjared mentioned try articulating it too. It's a pain in the arse with leafs but jacks and ratchet straps and some muscle it can be done.
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have none at all.

I forgot, try to figure out how to get a anti wrap bar in there, they really help a ton.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tjjared413 View Post
    is this a front or rear... I can only see the 1st 4 photos... have you check if things bind up when the suspension dropped out, bumped and flexed?

I think youll want to redo it but that's just me
    Its the rear 14 bolt. The pinion is sitting at 11.5 degrees and the drive shaft is at 12.5. The reason why it was pointed up the first time was I rolled back into that position with a full spool rear in 4 low. So it had torque on it. After I picked up the tires off the ground and let the torque off it settled back out.

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    From the last picture, it does look to me as though your pinion is high. Does it vibrate?
    No clue, Still haven't driven it yet, waiting for my diff cover pieces to come in so I can fill it with oil. Ill let you know when I drive it on the road what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey*B View Post
    I'd run it and try it first before cutting off perches, if it has a vibration either use a wedge or then cut off and reweld it.

As tjared mentioned try articulating it too. It's a pain in the arse with leafs but jacks and ratchet straps and some muscle it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey*B View Post
    I forgot, try to figure out how to get a anti wrap bar in there, they really help a ton.
    I just ran it up the side of my trailer which sits 44"s tall until I hit the bump stops/end of my shocks. Didn't break the u-joint and seemed to still be at a good angle. Ill get someone else to drive up the trailer as I watch the driveshaft. I've got to extend it 1-2.5"s first.

Ive also since added rear shocks both on the front and rear of the axle since this picture was takin. Thanks for all the help/advice guys.