Denver Post: More Coloradans moving out

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/03...lation-growth/

I have to say I have been considering it as well. I would love to go back to life on the Western Slope but I would probably have to accept being under-employed. Camping sites are overrun, hiking trails are overrun, my hunting spot has been overrun, and I pay more for the privilege of living here.
    break, fix, repeat

Our house was WAY out in the country, or so it seemed, when we bought. Very few houses nearby and enjoyably dark at night.

Now, Aurora is less than a mile away and there are streetlights, stop lights, house lights nearby that necessitate drawing the blinds at night to be able to sleep.

Even worse, the newcomers seem to be 100% city folks and Yuppies.

It's long past time to move.....
    "Your 2007 X3 is at home on all paved and unpaved roads. You can operate your vehicle on uphill and downhill gradients with a maximum slope of 50%. The permitted side tilt is 32%. While driving watch carefully for obstacles such as rocks or holes. Try to avoid these obstacles whenever possible."

Member #
    You are fawked by liberals and other dumbasses who dont know land management and or critter management. I loved CO before i moved there. I hated it after i moved tbere.

Its a shame.....
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    As far as the land grab goes, its the same here. All kinds of easterners and CO people etc are buying up land around here for rediculous prices to either make horse ranches or deer hunting properies out of.

Member #
    Good timing on the post.... traffic is starting to get to me as it took 1 hour to get from DTC to get to Alameda / Sheridan on a Saturday afternoon.

I was sitting still on I25 thinking about where to move, how to make a living, kids' schools, etc.

Member #
    Images
    Meh. All this whining about traffic. I just spent Thanksgiving in NYC. Denver traffic is bad, but not as bad as it could be. That being said, I25 should be avoided at all costs. Traffic never seems to flow well there. I'll opt for the longer c470 route when I'm slumming on the south side.

But, if I could convince the wife, I'd probably be in Glenwood.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Plan View Post
    Meh. All this whining about traffic. I just spent Thanksgiving in NYC. Denver traffic is bad, but not as bad as it could be. That being said, I25 should be avoided at all costs. Traffic never seems to flow well there. I'll opt for the longer c470 route when I'm slumming on the south side.

While I get your point, I am so sick of CDOT's BS excuse that "traffic is worse elsewhere, so why should we try and change anything???"

Traffic in Longmont has gotten ridiculous as well.
    Cages: '08 Dodge 6.7CTD, '08 Nissan Xterra Offroad
    Bikes: '05 GSXR 1000, '98 WR400

Denver has nothing on other major metropolitan area traffic, but it does still suck.
    I do miss the Colorado I grew up in. It seems like every time I drive to town there is a new subdivision going in.

Looking forward to more leaving...
    67' Jeepster
    The build:
    http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727456

Member #
    Images

I am down for that.... I love going out there, usually we go a few times a year at this point.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images

It doesnít suck.

I get it though. A friend of mine from hs is a real estate agent in Michigan, decent houses going for less than a third of what they are here. You can easily afford a nice house and making less money is no big deal.

Iím not leaving though.
    Last edited by J Kimmel; December 4th, 2017 at 04:05 PM.
    The Car Guy

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
    It doesnít suck.

Iím not leaving though.
    This!
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    I was born here i will most likely die here
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Love being on the west slope now. Every time I head back over the hill for work I remember why we moved. That being said, with how work and travel works into the mix, we are considering somewhere smaller.

We are both from the city, Las vegas, phoenix, etc, and we despised denver. It may not have traffic or some issues other big towns have, but it sure drains on you worse than others.
    Just boogie

I've been a colorado native since I moved here in 2011 and all these commiefornians moving here for weed are ruining my state

Quote Originally Posted by J Kimmel View Post
    It doesnít suck.

I get it though. A friend of mine from hs is a real estate agent in Michigan, decent houses going for less than a third of what they are here. You can easily afford a nice house and making less money is no big deal.

Iím not leaving though.
    I don't miss MI. The U.P. is nice to visit but meh living there.

I live in Parachute. Pretty quiet and close to wheeling. My employer just moved the shop I run to Rifle. Loving the 20min. commute with little traffic. Old shop was in Carbondale. Hr drive atleast for me.

Not going anywhere unless shit hits the fan. Then maybe go work for my buddy in Moab.
    Last edited by cheepin; December 6th, 2017 at 08:14 PM.
    CJ/buggy,FI406,465,205,D60,14boltFF on beadlocked 39.50 swampers.See build.
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134201
    '70Jeepster, 225,T-14,D20,10bolt,12bolt on 34/9.50/15 Swampers
    www.tubebuggies.com

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cheepin View Post
    I don't miss MI. The U.P. is nice to visit but meh living there.

I live in Parachute. Pretty quiet and close to wheeling. My employer just moved the shop I run to Rifle. Loving the 20min. commute with little traffic. Old shop was in Carbondale. Hr drive atleast for me.

Not going anywhere unless shit hits the fan. Then maybe go work for my buddy in Moab.
    I grew up in the U.P. it's nice for about a month in the summer, and when the leaves change. No way I'd move back.

I cant afford to return. Housing is too expensive, and the amount of people/traffic doesn't excite me either.
    Living in Seattle area is just as bad, traffic sucks balls, home prices are similar to San Fran prices and there is a HUGE homeless issue here.
    Not sure why people would want to live in the rain under a bridge, where in Nor Cal, where i just came from there wasn't a big homeless issue. it is a lot warmer and sunnier there.

if i move back it will be to the GJ area, away from Denver and all the yups and city folk.
    Metalhed
    Rock on Dude

Being a true native, I hate to see what CO has become, especially in just the past few years. Someday...or so we hear, we'll be done with the .mil and we get asked all the time if we are planning to retire in CO. My answer is "not likely". I LOVE the CO of 20 years ago, but that is a thing of the past. Worst part is with my wife's chosen field, we are going to have to be near a large city or be able to afford a chartered heli and a small apt. in the city for her 'cause I ain't moving back to a city! We have lived 45 minutes outside of St. Louis for 2 years and aside from picking family up at the airport, we have been into StL 3 times. I have a medium commute everyday of 80 miles, but I'd rather have that than 5 miles and forfeit a descent garage, some breathing space, safety and quiet.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

"East California" sounds about right.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/08...st-california/

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    "East California" sounds about right.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/08...st-california/
    I agree.

Being a forth generation native on both sides of my family and actually being able to talk to the settlers in my family has given me this same perspective since i was much younger. The loss is not new. From my point of view this has been true since the 80s