Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bout damn time!

Member #
    Images

Bout damn time!

Hope it's true, sucks it's in the Springs....

http://kdvr.com/2017/11/30/in-n-out-...g-to-colorado/

Member #
    Images
    My uncle is upper management for them, he told me this morning.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Member #
    Images
    meh...just another crappy fastfood burger.

Wife was adamant we stop at one for lunch one day on our round trip through CA. We did and she said: "What the hell? I thought there was supposed to be something special about these burgers.". Of course, I just laughed and responded that it's "...virtually the same burger patty sold at many other fast food shitholes, ain't it?".

Fries were decent but nothing special that can't be had at a Freddy's or some other places...without all the fanboy following.

ETA: However, the good news is I won't slow the line to the counter down.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Yep. Just like White Castle and all the other fanbois fastfood providers that are local "wonders" somewhere else.
    Proudly un-offended.

Member #
    Agreed. Overrated!

Fries were decent but nothing special that can't be had at a Freddy's or some other places...without all the fanboy following.
    I hated the fries! HATE! Tried it twice, once in Vegas and then in Phoenix, the fries were gross both times!
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Wife was adamant we stop at one for lunch one day on our round trip through CA. We did and she said: "What the hell? I thought there was supposed to be something special about these burgers.". Of course, I just laughed and responded that it's "...virtually the same burger patty sold at many other fast food shitholes, ain't it?".

I have to agree with this. I was travelling in Phoenix a few years back with a co worker who wouldnt shut up about how great it was. When we finally stopped for lunch it was a solid meh from me. A step up from McDonalds, but that was it.
    67' Jeepster
    The build:
    http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727456

The was one in Folsom Ca where I lived and it was always packed. I don't like In and Out. Like many above, the food is bland as Sh.T fries are gross.-- don't ask for double dipped or whatever it is called because they are inedible then. The double dip thing is where they fry them twice.
    And the Whole secret Animal menu-- barf

not a fanboy
    Metalhed
    Rock on Dude

Member #
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Agreed. Overrated!

I hated the fries! HATE! Tried it twice, once in Vegas and then in Phoenix, the fries were gross both times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhed View Post
    The was one in Folsom Ca where I lived and it was always packed. I don't like In and Out. Like many above, the food is bland as Sh.T fries are gross.-- don't ask for double dipped or whatever it is called because they are inedible then. The double dip thing is where they fry them twice.
    And the Whole secret Animal menu-- barf

not a fanboy
    As stated above, mediocre burgers at best. The fries are raw in the middle, that’s why they’re gross.
    Cooking the fries twice is the proper method IF the fries are cooked at a low temp first to actually cook the damn potatoes, then removed from the oil and cooled, then cooked at a higher temp to crisp the outside.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Went to one in Phoenix last year to see what all the hype was about. Won't be returning; was nothing special.
    One ton CJ-7

Must have been one of those dope smoking hippies from CA who sold enough weed to buy into the franchise??

The few times I've been to one, I wasn't overly impressed. Cheap and fast is the purpose it serves, just like the three others down the street.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Ive drove past the one between me and Dallas several times and always thought about stopping and trying it but never have.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Sorry can't get excited about more crappy California transplants...

man if I'm hungover and want to spend $7 on a grease transfusion I'd take In N Out over Wendys/BK/whatever else. Am I going there for a fine dining experience? fawk no

I think y'all are taking this too seriously
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    I'll admit it, I love In-N-Out and eat it every chance I get. Once one opens up here I won't go anywhere else for a burger.

FYI they are not a franchise, one family owns them all. My uncle is upper management for them, he used to run a store.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    man if I'm hungover and want to spend $7 on a grease transfusion I'd take In N Out over Wendys/BK/whatever else. Am I going there for a fine dining experience? fawk no

I think y'all are taking this too seriously
    False

Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    False
    I knew this thread would draw you out... let's not forget, the real enemy here is Whataburger

Member #
    Images
    No....they are just one joint of the group of the same shitty burger patty pushed across the counter of simply differently named fast joints.

Not that I haven't/don't eat a fast burger joint burger, on uncommon occasion, but I don't celebrate doing it like I just ate something special...I prepare for the bout of severe heartburn that soon follows those common burger patties.

What's unexplainable is how that place has anything of an 'exuberant' fan crowd. I theorize it's simply because someone decades ago figured out they could cut up the bumper sticker to say:
    IN-N-OUT
    URGE
    and some are still impressed by that.

Now a real burger made at home can be one to celebrate if made right. I know, I know...some people can even fook one of those up. My dad makes 1/10 lb burgers starting with 1/2 lb patties...and I can bring myself to eat one of those either.

Member #
    I knew this thread would draw you out... let's not forget, the real enemy here is Whataburger
    Mmmmm.....Whataburger.

Member #
    Images
    I’m nothing if not predictable.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Mmmmm.....Whataburger.
    Actually, Whataburger is only better than the other main fast food places but its better by a ways. I probably get lunch there once or twice a month. The best part about Whataburger is from back in the drinking days due to the fact that they are open 24/7 and they were the go to place to hit on the way home for everybody. Their sausage and egg taquitos also make for a pretty good breakfast.

Member #
    Used to love Whataburger when I lived in Irving, TX... right on Irving Blvd close to my college and close to my job .... Double burger with jalapenos was the ticket.

I was also poor though, so had to eat quite a bit of McDonald's .... 2 for $2 was a constant theme ..... 2 Big Mac's or Quarter Pounders, depending on the cycle. Yep, it was cheaper for me to eat that than something from the grocery store. Sometimes, it had to be twice a day, so I often lived on them as $4 / day worth of food.

However, from the grocery store, there was also a Texas State Fair (or something like that) corndog package that was cheap... Just add tons of mustard.... Can't even speculate how many years it's been since I've eaten a corndog. Did also manage to make a lot of chili dogs with Hormel canned chili (no beans) and chopping up raw onions to put on top. The A/C bill trying to keep the trailer cool enough to sleep is where most of the money went on a monthly basis.

17 - 21 Credit hours all year long even through summer while working 40+ hours/week. 4-yr degree in 3 years.... I was pretty sleepy a lot and it was easy to envy those college party-kids. Beyond my own student loans, I sure thank my parents for taking a very small one (7K) they could not afford to get me going. I made them money by selling the trailer I lived in during college to help them mitigate that $7K loan.

To this day, they have no idea of how much my own student loans were.

Yeah, I digressed quite a bit from Whataburger....

It did take me on a bit of a journey though

Member #
    Yeah, I also get that my post has nothing to do with In-N-Out Burger, but when Whataburger was introduced, all rules were off

Member #
    Dang it! Now im heading to Whataburger for a couple sausage and egg tequitos with extra salsa.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Yeah, I also get that my post has nothing to do with In-N-Out Burger, but when Whataburger was introduced, all rules were off
    This is probably the first time a thread had ever got off track on Colo4x4.

As i currently sit in the drive through lane waiting on my taquitos, i would also add that another good thing about Whataburger is that when you order a burger, they ask if you want cheese on it which is how it should be. Everywhere else, you have to order a burger and tell them not to put cheese on it.

If i wanted an fn cheeseburger, id order an fn cheeseburger.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

If i wanted an fn cheeseburger, id order an fn cheeseburger.
    All these years without cheese sure has made you cranky.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    All these years without cheese sure has made you cranky.
    You have no idea....

I loved the breakfast Tacos (a new concept at the time) from any one of the TX fast food joints on the way to a trail ride!!

Member #
    Images
    I go to CA often on business. For me In and Out Burger is good as long as you eat it within 15 mins of it being cooked. After that it they fall pretty fast. Kinda like Crispy Cream, good when warm but just a donut after that. Yea who cares, just as exciting as getting Trader Joes - I dont get it.

I remember the broke college days of getting McDonalds All American Meals which was a basic Burger, sm Fries and and a sm drink for less than 2 bucks out the door and for a treat I got the ice cream cone for 25cents. My wife and I in the late 80s also used to go to a Taco House in Aurora and got the enchilada plate for 3.10 and with drinks and tips for two would be less than 10 for dinner. That was cheap even for those days.

I was in Toronto last week and was suprised and how many McDonalds there are now. Many of them are called McCafe's which are small coffee shop types and have pastries etc.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    I was in Toronto last week and was suprised and how many McDonalds there are now. Many of them are called McCafe's which are small coffee shop types and have pastries etc.
    That's what they are all over Europe as well. It is better coffee than what you can get at the food counter.

Member #
    I'd rather have Drifter's honestly...and everyone of those I've ever seen looks like they ran out of money right after they bought the grill and fryers.

Mmmmm.....Whataburger.
    tbh I think it's just as mediocre, if not worse than in n out

Member #
    tbh I think it's just as mediocre, if not worse than in n out
    I already said that it was really only better than the other fast food crap.

Member #
    Images

Call me when they have a Sourdough Jack on the menu

The last what a burger I had many decades ago came back out an hour or two later the same way as had I put it in.
    I was told they used reconstituted onions and that may have been the problem.

I think processed food we modern folks eat are causing the many problems many of us are having

I've eaten a butt load of fortune cookies and still broke!.. Don S..

BTW… do they make good fortune cookies?
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

It will be worth a stop after wheeling Penrose for the day. Everyone that says, "meh no big deal," in my experience usually just gets a regular hamburger or a cheeseburger without the thousand island sauce stuff. It has to be a double double or a triple. If your hung over or freaking starving from being in the desert for 10 days, it tends to taste 1000000000x better.

I sure do miss Griff's though.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep-in-dna View Post
    It will be worth a stop after wheeling Penrose for the day. Everyone that says, "meh no big deal," in my experience usually just gets a regular hamburger or a cheeseburger without the thousand island sauce stuff. It has to be a double double or a triple. If your hung over or freaking starving from being in the desert for 10 days, it tends to taste 1000000000x better.

I sure do miss Griff's though.
    Naw, I’ve tried it multiple times in multiple configurations, still gets a solid “meh.” Now, Griff’s was great.

Member #
    Images
    I can't wait. They have decent, quality food for a decent price vs Mc Donald's or Burger King etc. I'm not a culinary elitist, so this fills a gap that's cheap and good. Griffs and Grandpas were amazing.

Member #
    Images
    Heard it wont open until 2021. Guess you better be patient.

Member #
    Drove past the local ish one once again yesterday and still didnt stop at it. I do want to give it a try one of these days.

Member #
    I don't eat fast food often, but I did tend to stop at the S. Broadway Griff's on occasion.... Have to agree that place was gooder than the others.

Drove past the local ish one once again yesterday and still didnt stop at it. I do want to give it a try one of these days.
    Stick to Whataburger.
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.