Threadlock Beadlock?

So first time dealing with non split rim beadlocks. Should I have used some blue thread lock on the hex bolts? Nothing mentioned in the instructions but seems like the bolts would just come out pretty easy. Feedback?
    Red 1st gen 4Runner

Member #
    Images
    what bead locks?

I run DIY for now and they have a lock nut on the back and I have to check them once a season to make sure they are all tight...there is all ways a few lose.
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Got some spyderlocks 24bolt 17"

Member #
    Images
    I wouldn't use threadlock. I use anti-seize on my aluminum wheels with steel bolts. The bolts do have lock washers though.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    No threadlocker. Just use the correct hardware and properly torque each bolt, and recheck often.

Mine are aluminum Champions and I recall there being a ft/lb setting. I followed that and haven't touched them in years! But I don't know what that spec was.

I too say NO on threadlock.

Edit to add from their FAQ page:
    QUESTION: What should I torque my Spyder lock bead lock rings to?

ANSWER: 25 lbs. is the recommended torque specification for the clamping ring. More torque may be required for tires with thicker beads. 25 lbs. should always be your baseline, and then tire and wheel should be checked for a good even seal. If more torque is required, you should NOT exceed 35 lbs.

** Blue lock-tite is always recommended on bead lock ring mounting hardware
    ** 25 lbs torque is in reference to the clamping ring, NOT the lug nuts for mounting the wheel
    ** Over torquing the bead lock clamping ring will fatigue mounting hardware and may cause a failure
    ** Final torque should always be checked by hand, and not with an air or electric impact tool
    Oh and you're welcome!
    Last edited by 74BuckinBronc; November 14th, 2017 at 11:55 AM.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Good info, thanks everyone!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    I wouldn't use threadlock. I use anti-seize on my aluminum wheels with steel bolts. The bolts do have lock washers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No threadlocker. Just use the correct hardware and properly torque each bolt, and recheck often.
    this!