Thread: Wheeler Lake

Wheeler Lake

I was wondering if any of you know when Wheeler Lake Trail closes. I have never been up in that area and wanted to try and run it yet this year, thanks for any replies.

I may be mistaken but, I do not recall seeing a gate up there. Someone please correct me if Im wrong. It might be one of those trails that closes itself with snow depth. Few weeks ago when we where up there, at 9am when I arrived it was lightly snowing and in the 30's.
    Red 1st gen 4Runner

Member #
    Images
    is there a gate down at the lake? I cant recall....

I would still like to make it up there this year but its not looking like its going to happen
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Thanks if I make it up there I will report back!

I think the parking area is at 10k elevation so do it soon

Member #
    Images
    There are at least two gates but they don't close them until snow closes the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Thanks everyone I appreciate the info.

Newracer is correct there are two gates. Made it up yesterday and it was beautiful. Snow was on the peaks and had a great time. Even got dusted with a snow shower on our way back down.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainHigh View Post
    Newracer is correct there are two gates. Made it up yesterday and it was beautiful. Snow was on the peaks and had a great time. Even got dusted with a snow shower on our way back down.
    I was wondering if I saw you Saturday, looking at your pic, I did. I was walking up the entrance as you were leaving. I like your Jeep! We has the wife's Pathfinder and she was not keen on me wheeling it even up to the old mine for a pic.
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

That is funny, well now you know my rig so if we run into each other again be sure to stop me and say hello! Hope you guys had a great day up there, it sure was beautiful.