Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member #
    Denver has not figured out the right way to tank.... It starts with punting on 1st down and never participate in offense. Then, rotate the offense in on D every other possession, but all 2nd stringers....Punter should be well rested by next season.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Denver has not figured out the right way to tank.... It starts with punting on 1st down and never participate in offense. Then, rotate the offense in on D every other possession, but all 2nd stringers....Punter should be well rested by next season.
    It sounds like i should be glad for nor feeling well and going to bed before the game started.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Come on 49ers, Giants, and Browns. Surely you can step it up and get to 3 wins. I cant believe how many crappy teams there are this year. I dont think we can get first pick if we never win again this season.

And McCoy is gone......anyone want to rearrange the deck chairs again?

It might help a little more then switching QB's. But the real problem is the O-line sucks, it has sucked for a few years now, it still sucked at the start of the season, and has gotten worse with injury's.
    1992 Nissan KC SE V-6 | Front Dana 44 | Atlas 5.0 | ARB's | 37 MTR's

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RWPOTTER View Post
    And McCoy is gone......anyone want to rearrange the deck chairs again?

It might help a little more then switching QB's. But the real problem is the O-line sucks, it has sucked for a few years now, it still sucked at the start of the season, and has gotten worse with injury's.
    QB, O-line, LB's that can cover too, and coaching/play calling. They finally took care of the offensive play calling hopefully, but should still deal with Brock Olivo. The player parts will have to wait till the off season, again. Hopefully Elway will pull his head outta his butt and actually draft decent offensive players. Lord knows he will probably make moves for at least one big name player in free agency, but he needs to focus on building the offense core. And that is if they can keep the defense somewhat together.

Member #
    Images
    Offense (points for)/ defense ranking (points against)/ season record over the past few years:
    2010 19th / 32nd of 32 / 4-12-0
    2011 25th / 24th / 8-8-0
    2012 2nd / 4th / 13-3-0 (froze at that Ravens game )
    2013 1st / 22nd / 13-3-0 (most proficient offense in NFL history, worst SB prep in NFL history?)
    2014 2nd / 16th / 12-4-0
    2015 19th / 4th / 12-4-0 SB50
    2016 22nd / 4th / 9-7-0
    2017 24th / 27th / 3-7-0 so far.

Full circle?

source: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2017.htm

Member #
    Images
    Well the sad sack fan in me still spent a bunch at the Broncos Fan Store at stadium for their black Friday 50% off sale.

I am just going to Keep Calm and Hate Oakland.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    Well the sad sack fan in me still spent a bunch at the Broncos Fan Store at stadium for their black Friday 50% off sale.

I am just going to Keep Calm and Hate Oakland.
    Still a huge fan myself and always will be but you gotta be able to admit when your team sucks.

They will get back sooner or later.

Member #

Broncos 2017 Thread

As a Chargers fan (last 30 years) I feel for you guys. The decent fans will stick around, and the others will turn to another team.

Thoughts on trading off Von for a decent QB?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MASONGARDNER View Post
    Thoughts on trading off Von for a decent QB?
    Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Hell no.
    What he said....
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

It amazes me that it's always the quarterback's fault for not being able to be effective when he is saddled with the most complicated offense on the planet, and is getting knocked on his a$$ every down that a pass play is called.

No, we don't have "great" quarterbacks to choose from, and while they certainly share the blame- there is an entire team around them that isn't doing their jobs either. A single player is only as good as those around them- as we saw during the Manning era. We saw great offense and we saw terrible offense.

Von Miller is one of my favorite players- but the other teams have got our pass rush number. For the life of me, I can't understand how teams can double team him every down, and nobody else is freed up to get pressure.

Football coach used to say that there are the same number of guys on both sides of the ball- if they are double teaming somebody- then somebody else is free to make the play.
    If you cross thread a bolt, there is no need for loctite.

Run whatcha brung... And hope you brought enough.

Member #
    Hell no.
    He’s just not into it right now.

Going to say though that last week Paxton looked like ass, and Siemian (? Spelling) came out and did work almost tying it up at the end.

Member #
    The team is short on line and obviously a better qb would help but with the fighting in practice and all that, id say the coach has lost the team. There are going to have to be big changes but i hope Von isnt one of them.

Member #
    Images
    The team is short on line and obviously a better qb would help but with the fighting in practice and all that, id say the coach has lost the team. There are going to have to be big changes but i hope Von isnt one of them.
    The problem is horse face.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    The problem is horse face.
    I wont deny that ive questioned some of his moves but they did just win a superbowl not too long ago.

Member #
    Images
    I wont deny that ive questioned some of his moves but they did just win a superbowl not too long ago.
    In spite of his direction and influence. He was a QB and can't look past that position, see the O-line and the lack of making any moves to shore that up, just tossing QBs into the hole to get murdered and broken (mentally as well as physically) and seeing if they can somehow turn the team around by themselves.
    If he cared about the defense he would have signed Von for whatever he asked for a week after the Superbowl parade and he would have kicked the cancer that is Talib to curb a long time ago.
    He refuses to look in the mirror or see what his methods, blindness really, have done to destroy a great team (yeah, that hurt for me to type).

^^^ Sorta like putting a new exhaust system on your car because the tires have no tread...

Never confuse movement with progress

the cancer that is Talib
    Actually the real mistake was getting rid of those that provided the leadership to offset/control this.

Talib (even though I don't like his attitude and baggage) is still one of the best at the position.

Member #
    In spite of his direction and influence. He was a QB and can't look past that position, see the O-line and the lack of making any moves to shore that up, just tossing QBs into the hole to get murdered and broken (mentally as well as physically) and seeing if they can somehow turn the team around by themselves.
    If he cared about the defense he would have signed Von for whatever he asked for a week after the Superbowl parade and he would have kicked the cancer that is Talib to curb a long time ago.
    He refuses to look in the mirror or see what his methods, blindness really, have done to destroy a great team (yeah, that hurt for me to type).
    I don't think i would go that far at all.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RWPOTTER View Post
    Actually the real mistake was getting rid of those that provided the leadership to offset/control this.

Talib (even though I don't like his attitude and baggage) is still one of the best at the position.
    No one controls Talib. He’s been a giant sack of feces since his days at KU (likely in HS as well but I don’t know).

I don't think i would go that far at all.
    Of course not, difficult to see through the hero worship that the Broncos organization has built up around him since his days under center.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PovertyByJeep View Post
    ^^^ Sorta like putting a new exhaust system on your car because the tires have no tread...

Never confuse movement with progress
    Apt analogy.

Member #
    Of course not, difficult to see through the hero worship that the Broncos organization has built up around him since his days under center.
    Ha! So you have found me to have hero worship for Elway have you? Please, do tell how you have come to this conclusion. Im pretty sure that if you look back through donkey threads over the last 5 or 6 years or so that you will find that while i and always will be a donkey fan that i have also never held back on critisism that i felt was deserved be it about coach hirings or anything else.

Dont be so bitter that your super shiny chefs fell into the crapper.

Member #
    Images
    Ha! So you have found me to have hero worship for Elway have you? Please, do tell how you have come to this conclusion. Im pretty sure that if you look back through donkey threads over the last 5 or 6 years or so that you will find that while i and always will be a donkey fan that i have also never held back on critisism that i felt was deserved be it about coach hirings or anything else.

Dont be so bitter that your super shiny chefs fell into the crapper.
    If you could see through it you’d agree with me
    And yes, you’re vocal enough about placing blame on the staff, players, etc...do you think horse face isn’t responsible for what happens on his team?

Member #
    If you could see through it you’d agree with me
    And yes, you’re vocal enough about placing blame on the staff, players, etc...do you think horse face isn’t responsible for what happens on his team?
    Yes, i know he is. I just dont think all of them were bad choices. Lots just havent worked out as planned. I was completely blown away by the lack of any talent at needed positions at last years draft but i figure they know more than i do about the team. In the back of my mind, i can only hope they knew that there was no getting around a throw away year and were trying to get stuff positioned where they wiuld have better options on the next draft.

Either way about it, i still put a lot of the blame for the here and now on the head coach because he has completely lost the team when they are fighting amongst themselves. Its just a disaster right now and they werent that bad of a team at the first of the year.

For the record, i was actually excited for your chefs after the donks started sucking and hoping the AFC West was still going to make a showing at least deep into the playoffs. What the hell happened to them?

Member #
    Images
    Yes, i know he is. I just dont think all of them were bad choices. Lots just havent worked out as planned. I was completely blown away by the lack of any talent at needed positions at last years draft but i figure they know more than i do about the team. In the back of my mind, i can only hope they knew that there was no getting around a throw away year and were trying to get stuff positioned where they wiuld have better options on the next draft.

Either way about it, i still put a lot of the blame for the here and now on the head coach because he has completely lost the team when they are fighting amongst themselves. Its just a disaster right now and they werent that bad of a team at the first of the year.

For the record, i was actually excited for your chefs after the donks started sucking and hoping the AFC West was still going to make a showing at least deep into the playoffs. What the hell happened to them?
    Oh Vance owns some of the blame, but it begins and ends with horse face...there’s a GIANT net to hold the blame for sure.

Chiefs shit the bed hard core and I blame Reid and Veach. I am glad that they haven’t thrown Mahones under center yet since he isn’t ready. The Chiefs’ O line is almost as porous as the Broncos’ is and he would get ruined just as fast.

BRING BACK TEBOW!!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    BRING BACK TEBOW!!!!

Not so much.

Member #
    Images
    Losing Ware and Berry has hurt a lot. Their O-line is as porous as the Bronco's. Smith has returned to his usual self. They will in all likelihood make round one (you would hope) then exit stage left. Reid is over-rated. As a diehard fan since 1965 and only one glimmering year, I have had to learn to say there is always next year. It is a sad lot but you cannot really give up on your original hometown team.
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images
    Hunt should also carry a lot of the blame as he sits at home in Austin and counts his money. At least you have an owner that cares and is willing to spend money.

Member #
    The Andy Reid punt-pass-kick video is still always entertaining though.....

Member #
    The donks should bench all starters for the rest of the season and let people behind them play the season out. The current starters can fight for their jobs back next pre-season.

Predictions against Miami today? I say the Donks will finally end the streak and win by 10.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________
    '05 LJ, ARB/4.56 F&R, 33s

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TJaeFick View Post
    Predictions against Miami today? I say the Donks will finally end the streak and win by 10.
    They probably should, i mean....ya have to try pretty hard to lose them all.

Ugh. Painful to watch.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Ugh. Painful to watch.
    You mean you still watch? I just wait to hear at this point.

The First Quarter was on about 10 tv screens all over the restaurant and hard to ignore. Ran errands during the Second. Oil change during the Third. Saw the Fourth between the fingers covering my eyes.

Heard after the game on KOA: "After today, nothing that happens will surprise me. If the entire coaching staff is fired tomorrow - not surprised."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TJaeFick View Post
    I hope we hear back from TJaeFick soon.... Depending on who his bookie is, I'm a little concerned a black limo showed up to his house and we may never hear from him again.

If he is/was a gambler, we're truly gonna miss him.

C'mon TJae, let us know you're OK!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I hope we hear back from TJaeFick soon.... Depending on who his bookie is, I'm a little concerned a black limo showed up to his house and we may never hear from him again.

If he is/was a gambler, we're truly gonna miss him.

C'mon TJae, let us know you're OK!
    How about them Eagles!

Not a gambler, but I did lose $5 on a friendly wager. I stopped watching middle of the third. I made plans next Sunday during the game. First Broncos game I will have missed for non-work/vacation reasons in over 7 years. I feel like I've gained another whole day in my week.

FINALLY!

A game worth watching.

Still room for improvement, and a short week to boot. "Don't get cocky, Kid."