Member #
    Images

We need this in CO

https://drivetribe.com/p/nevada-lawmakers-pass-law-making-ceR6mDzxQjqBqb7vXVn1tA?iid=D_OMKg0aQWSodVtAF1Amzg&utm_campaign=ShiftingLanes&utm_medium=fb&utm_sourc e=network

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

It already is isn't it? Just not enforced?

They take this very serious in Germany, especially when there is no speed limit!
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    It is a law already here in CO.

Edit: http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

I would bet idiots driving slow in the fast line cause way more accidents than you'd suspect, particularly when i'd argue someone "speeding" is likely paying more attention than someone driving significantly below the speed limit. I'll take someone consciously driving too fast over someone mindlessly driving too slow any day.
    "I went up that in 2WD"

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    I would bet idiots driving slow in the fast line cause way more accidents than you'd suspect, particularly when i'd argue someone "speeding" is likely paying more attention than someone driving significantly below the speed limit. I'll take someone consciously driving too fast over someone mindlessly driving too slow any day.
    this
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Exactly. Had some jack ass this evening decide to just jump into the left lane in front of me. I was cruising at about 82 or so. In the left lane because I was going to pass him and the semi he was following. He jumped over with no blinker doing about 70mph. Then gives me a dirty look for about rear ending him. Idiots I tell ya.
    CJ/buggy,FI406,465,205,D60,14boltFF on beadlocked 39.50 swampers.See build.
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134201
    '70Jeepster, 225,T-14,D20,10bolt,12bolt on 34/9.50/15 Swampers
    www.tubebuggies.com

Quote Originally Posted by cheepin View Post
    Exactly. Had some jack ass this evening decide to just jump into the left lane in front of me. I was cruising at about 82 or so. In the left lane because I was going to pass him and the semi he was following. He jumped over with no blinker doing about 70mph. Then gives me a dirty look for about rear ending him. Idiots I tell ya.
    Well.... assuming the speed limit was 75, you both are equally at fault there. Yes, it's frustrating to have to slow down, but you were also speeding. I do it to, but I've been trying to be better about not getting mad because I realize I was going over the speed limit. Now when this person continues at 70 in that lane, then there is more justification for being angry!

Member #
    Images

Dang I used to speed and drive like a maniac all the time.
    Now I drive in the slow lane and only speed to get the heck out of some ones way.

I did manage to pass a Swift 18 wheeler the other day.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post

I did manage to pass a Swift 18 wheeler the other day.. Don S..
    And you're still alive to tell about it?
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

I've had a set of these on my truck for a year and would recommend. I'm gonna order a set for my car as well.

They really help when less than alert drivers are headed into your lane.

https://www.amazon.com/Hella-922-000...dp/B00R3O0Y0M/

Quote Originally Posted by 74BuckinBronc View Post
    Well.... assuming the speed limit was 75, you both are equally at fault there. Yes, it's frustrating to have to slow down, but you were also speeding. I do it to, but I've been trying to be better about not getting mad because I realize I was going over the speed limit. Now when this person continues at 70 in that lane, then there is more justification for being angry!
    The fact that I was speeding really has nothing to do with the fact that the guy didn't even bother to check his mirror or indicate his intentions. It was a nice straight away and he was following the rig for quite a ways before changing lanes. No other cars around me. I was in the right lane until I got close enough to pass. I do like to keep plenty of space between myself.

And yep the guy just continued at 70. If your going to drive slower then the posted speed limit at rush hr. Then don't cut off others that are driving the speed limit or even faster.

And I don't drive like a maniac. I just like to cruise on the interstate. I hover right about 80-82. Which I still get passed often.
    Last edited by cheepin; August 8th, 2017 at 06:26 PM.

Member #
    Lulz.. We used to have these threads 1-2 times a year.... The frequency has definitely slowed.... So, I hope it gets in the right lane where it belongs.

This one is missing our friend in the GDMF Metro that always keeps me entertained in the left-lane-threads.

Miss you in this one, Dave.

Member #
    Images
    Al24 was always good for a thread like this!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I've had a set of these on my truck for a year and would recommend. I'm gonna order a set for my car as well.

They really help when less than alert drivers are headed into your lane.

https://www.amazon.com/Hella-922-000...dp/B00R3O0Y0M/
    I didn't think it was legal to install those on any brand other than Subaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Lulz.. We used to have these threads 1-2 times a year.... The frequency has definitely slowed.... So, I hope it gets in the right lane where it belongs.

This one is missing our friend in the GDMF Metro that always keeps me entertained in the left-lane-threads.

Miss you in this one, Dave.
    Also Starbreaker666
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Also Starbreaker666
    This was going to be my addition as well.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by cheepin View Post
    he was stuck behind that truck and finally got a chance to jump over so he took it, you were speeding and not paying attention nearly rear ending him as he tried to accelerate back to the 75 mph limit. Maybe you're the idiot here?
    -2005 Rubicon, 3 inch lift, 33s

Quote Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
    he was stuck behind that truck and finally got a chance to jump over so he took it, you were speeding and not paying attention nearly rear ending him as he tried to accelerate back to the 75 mph limit. Maybe you're the idiot here?
    eh that argument sounds like a real reach

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Member #

Member #

That looks like SLC, but I love it!

I need this

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

That's awesome.

Regarding people driving slow causing accidents, bull shit. People driving slow cause people who want to drive fast to do stupid things which causes lots of accidents but it's the people getting around them that cause the accidents. Slow drivers in the left lane are however a road hazard and they cause unnecessary backups which can lead to other inattentive drivers getting into accidents.