Heads by Drew? Or where should I go for cylinder head work?

Has anyone used them? I like that they are close, and all 10 reviews I found were positive.

Any other suggestions?

Not on your side of town. Gunn Auto in Western Denver did mine. Very happy.
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Member #
    Images
    I have heard many good things about Gunn auto

94 Toyota Pickup, 4" Marlin, duals, e-lockers...
    I used to own a jeep...
    Click! for cheap York clutch!

Nothing to suggest....but WTF?
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Images
    I have used Heads by Paul since the 80s for a Ford 2.3, Ford 289, Ford 351, Ford Flathead and a Jeep 4.2. They are in Englewood. Always good work and decent price for the quality I got each time.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Just got off the phone with Sean with SOS Performance. He bought Heads By Paul. We discussed the issues I'm having concerning overheating as well as cleaning up the extra head I have in my shop. I was pleased with the phone conversation so I may go over to chat with him face to face. Anyone have any dealings with SOS?

Quote Originally Posted by YJLopes View Post
    Just got off the phone with Sean with SOS Performance. He bought Heads By Paul. We discussed the issues I'm having concerning overheating as well as cleaning up the extra head I have in my shop. I was pleased with the phone conversation so I may go over to chat with him face to face. Anyone have any dealings with SOS?
    Is it Sean McCleary? I also used Heads by Paul in the past, Sean bought Heads by Paul, and I had some work done on my stroked 4.0 there both before and after the ownership change. After I built it I had a huge problem with oil consumption. Turned out to be some old school Teflon valve seals that they (Heads by Paul) had used on it. Sean replaced the Teflon seals with standard seals, power washed some stuff for me and all was good thereafter.

I thought he seemed to know what he was doing and would have gone back for machine work on my last build (Rover diesel) but the shop (S. Mariposa) appeared as though it was closed permanently and, if I remember right, the phone was disconnected.
    Last edited by meatblanket; August 15th, 2017 at 12:51 PM.
    1991 YJ 1955 Land Rover 86
    1986 Land Rover ExMOD 110