what's it worth?

Thinking about selling my truck within the next year to help fund a new truck. It's a Crew Cab 7.3, and I've seen prices ALL over the place. KBB/Nada are way low IMO, but then some of the stuff I've seen on CL is downright insane.

Here's the rundown . . .

2001 F250 Crew Cab Short Box 193k miles
    7.3L
    Auto tranny (BTS unit and 6.0 cooler installed around 140k)
    DP Tuner
    AFE Stage II Intake
    Gibson Exhaust (factory no-cat truck)
    Original Turbo
    Original Injectors
    Water Pump replaced 15k ago
    Truck runs great, NO leaks, passes emissions
    New remand Ford steering box less than 5k ago
    Hubs and ball joints less than 10k ago
    All HPOP seals redone 15k ago
    Glow plugs and UVCH done probably 30k ago

Interior in good shape, cloth seats, aftermarket stereo w/ backup cam, Tekonsha brake controller, CB.

Exterior is a bit rough. Clear coat on the hood is 80% gone. Light hail damage on the hood and front fenders. Top of cab has the most hail damage, but also hard to notice. Bedsides are a little rough. It looks decent from 20', but as you get closer you can tell it's been used a truck.

KBB and Nada say it's an $7-8k truck, which I don't buy for a second given the prices on CL right now. Most of the ones I'm coming across too are not crew cabs, and the ones that are have super high mileage. I'm thinking it's probably in the $12-14k range? Or am I on crack?
    www.staythetrail.org

Member #
    I'll give you $4500.
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Member #
    Images
    4501 Bob....

but really you should get the 12-14k for it
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    I'll go tree fiddy!!!

But seriously, a CL want price and a sale price are 2 different things. I see used shit for the cost of new and even more than the cost of new all the time. It's stupid people who make things look more valuable than they are with their ridiculously inflated price.

Sooooo....try near your desired range but don't be surprised if it sits for a long time or someone actually takes the time to call and asks you if you'll be reasonable.

Either way, good luck with it.

Oh I fully get the CL asking price thing, that's how I came to the $12-14k range. I've seen similar trucks with asking prices upwards of $20k which is insane. If I'm looking to get $12-14k for it, I'll list it at $15-16k.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Member #
    My dads was totaled for $11.5 a year and a half ago. You know the specs on his.

Ok $4500 plus I'll give you your tools back.

Member #
    Images
    Then 12-14 might be right.

193k miles? Put in the ad that it's "...just now broke in.". That'll get people burning up your phone to buy it Never ceases to amaze me with that ignorant shit.

Yeah, I know, I'm not much help....
    Last edited by ASCTLC; May 30th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

I'm no help, but I'd probably try to bribe The Man with the Plan (Jon?) for an estimate of value and selling tips....
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

I'll likely bribe Jon with ordering my new truck through him! lol

Member #
    Images
    That arse-hole? I wouldn't trust him. Shady used car guy.

Actually, I may be selling my buggy, and trailer soon. If so, my Superduty will be up for sale...
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out

TMWTP . . . good to know . . .

Your truck was pretty much exactly what I wanted in that body style, but these new ones, wooh, they are sweet. Doesn't look like any dealers are ordering the config I want though. I've got plenty of time though as the Infiniti isn't up until March, and I have a kitchen remodel to finish paying for first.

Member #
    Images
    Just order one, or if you know a guy...cough-cough...have him do a locate for you. Could probably show your 7.3 as trade to save on taxes too.

Yeah I'll definitely reach out to you before I do something.

I think those clients of mine on the JK are back in town now too, I'll email them tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Probably retail it for 12 is my guess
    The Car Guy

So I've had the truck up on CL for over a week now. Started at at 13,400, dropped to 12,900 a few days ago. Also on RMDC and a couple other FB groups. Not ONE call or text that wasn't a scammer. Looking through CL it's the lowest priced 7.3 super duty crew cab out there with less than 250k miles.

Did the market fall out on these or something?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

It's listed to cheap. Bump the price up.
    Tire Sheister Extraordinaire!

For comparison, one of my guys just bought, 4 weeks ago, a 2002 F350 with 250k miles on it, crew cab, Long bed, lariat with leather, original transmission, oil leak, 37" tires, and lift kit for $8k. Body and paint is a little rough.

Member #
    Images
    Off topic.... what the specs on the new truck?

Quote Originally Posted by tjjared413 View Post
    Off topic.... what the specs on the new truck?
    2018 F350 6.7 CC SB Lariat Ultimate w/o the sunroof.

I would think that's a 12-13k truck no problem, but if the body is kind of rough that can have a major impact. All things considered, its far easier to sell something really clean and shinny. I think this doesn't effect your final price as much, but may really impact how long or easy the sale may be.

Have you posted photos with your sale listings? Does it look good in photos? Even if the body is well less than perfect, if you spent a weekend running the buffer and detailing the crap out of it would it look a lot better?
    1950 CJ3a - Wilma
    1999 F350 PSD - Betty

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    2018 F350 6.7 CC SB Lariat Ultimate w/o the sunroof.

Nice man!!! Glad you got it without the sunroof!

I gave it as good spit shine for the pics. Looks pretty good actually. Showed it for the first time tonight. As I was leaving the 7 year old starter shat it's pants. First thing my new truck got to tow was my old one lol. Throwing a new starter in it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FYI, unless its the solenoid, you can just take the starter apart and polish the armature and it will be good as new!

So it showed, but did you sell it?
    God Forgives, Rock's Don't www.ucora.org
    1973 Bronco, 351 SEFI, Locked, discs, 35's ZF-5spd and Atlas 4spd. 235:1 Crawl Ratio

Advanced Auto on 54th-ish and Wads hooked it up. I bought the starter there 7 years ago, no clue where the receipt is, the details of the transaction weren't in the system anymore, but it showed I made a purchase there in June of 2011 when I bought the current starter and they said that was good enough. New starter is in and it definitely starts better.

Haven't heard back from the gal who drove it the other night, got a few others that want to see it this weekend.

Member #
    GLWS Dave. My took delivery yesterday of his new F150 EcoBoost. He ordered it December 15th! With only my Jeep to tow I convinced him to step down a bit in truck. After seeing your side by side pics on IG I am glad, the new ones look much bigger next to your old one.

The new ones are definitely bigger, but they drive a lot smaller. The cab is the same too from the 150 to the 250/350, so the major size differences are overall height, and the hood/bed. I had looked into the 150 for a bit as well, but with the new 350's ability to easily haul both the ZJ and the JKU on a bigger trailer we went for it. I'm sure the 150 will tow pretty comparable to your dad's old truck too.

Had a couple offers for $10k on the 01 so far. Going to hold out for a little more.

Can you post your comparison photo here? I've seen one somewhere, but it's amazing the difference from what I thought was a big truck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sold it today for $11k. Probably could have held out and got more but happy to be over with the whole thing.

Whew! I am sure you are glad to unload it. How many miles did it have? I didn't see it above.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    Sold it today for $11k. Probably could have held out and got more but happy to be over with the whole thing.

Damn, I came here to see if you still had it for sale

Trying to buy a used powerstroke right now and it kind of blows
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Damn, I came here to see if you still had it for sale

Trying to buy a used powerstroke right now and it kind of blows
    Remember back on March 7th.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    i don't need it i don't need it i don't need it

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...-2001-f250-7-3

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Remember back on March 7th.....
    Mistakes were made

I'm still surprised I didn't get more action on it. Only one person even came to look at it and she's the one who ended up buying it.