Member #
    Images

Personal License Plate Fees

I went to the CO DMV site and the costs are a little bit ambiguous for Personal Plates. Seems the cost is per county and I am not sure if there is an add on cost per year for renewals too.

I have Broncos plates on my wife's car and all I had to do was donate a minimum of 50 dollars to a Broncos charity and pay an initial extra fee when I ordered them, but no extra renewal fee.

But it seems with a personalized plate you pay an extra upfront fee and a renewal fee.

Anyone with personal plates that can explain this? I live in Douglas County but any feed back would be appreciated.

Any way to do an upfront search to see if someone has what I want already?

I ultimately want THEDRIV or similar as a tribute to the Broncos - The Drive as a true Broncos fan would be familiar. I know chances are high that it already selected, but maybe some type of variation will work. TH DRV, THADRIV etc.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

Member #
    Images
    which actual plate are you going to pick? I have gone thorough several nuances with the county and personal plates and fees.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    I think states everywhere are bumping up prices on any and everything they can to increase revenue. I bought a new trailer last year and my plates cost me 8 bucks. I bought another new trailer this year and the plates cost me 12 bucks.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I think states everywhere are bumping up prices on any and everything they can to increase revenue. I bought a new trailer last year and my plates cost me 8 bucks. I bought another new trailer this year and the plates cost me 12 bucks.

That's just the Multiple Trailer Tax.

"Your 2007 X3 is at home on all paved and unpaved roads. You can operate your vehicle on uphill and downhill gradients with a maximum slope of 50%. The permitted side tilt is 32%. While driving watch carefully for obstacles such as rocks or holes. Try to avoid these obstacles whenever possible."

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    That's just the Multiple Trailer Tax.

It's actually just the i live in a state that isnt a ripoff tag fee.

Member #
    It's actually just the i live in a state that isnt a ripoff tag fee.
    <-- Kinda like the like button but without the glory.

Member #
    After the fiasco with my 10th mountain plates and their record keeping, I went back to the normal plate because I didn't want to give any more $ that was needed to the gov. I consider the added costs with the special plates above the donation to the charity is a racket. The production cost for a specialized plate is possibly at most an extra ten cents including labor, and they have the added charge somewhere around $25. Any chance to make money they will use it.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

Member #
    Images
    Well the main reason I am asking is I was ok with the donation fee and a one time fee for my wife's Bronco plates - no extra fee per year afterword. I would be ok with a one time upfront fee for personal plates, but not ok with an extra fee each year after. I pay enough each year with my mini fleet of cars, considering I just bought two new cars on Saturday.

I got a new Mustang and being a smart man I took care of my wife with a new Fusion and traded in her Explorer. I am putting the Bronco plates on the Fusion but I want something like THEDRIV on the Mustang. But when I register the car if it is an annual fee, forget it.
    Last edited by mtn WJ; May 22nd, 2017 at 08:22 AM.

Member #
    Images
    I believe my custom NI0H plates cost me $2 extra.
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I say some stupid sh!t here.

Member #
    Images
    Bronco plates is yearly renewal IIRC.

I switched to Ski Country USA Plates when I could see the writing on the wall with the 10th mountain division mess. One time fee, then standard renewal fees after that, no recurring plate fee. If you read through the listing, quite a few of the "Custom" plates have the recurring fee now.

Member #
    Images
    I bought the Bronco plates for my wife in 2004 and only had to donate to a Bronco Charity and pay an initial fee. Then the registration fees are normal ea year after, no additional fee after first year.

I guess I will just see how much I get hit when I register the cars. I can prorate some of the Explorer against my wife's new car. We will see.

Member #
    It is true with everything that comes from government, utilities, tolls, phone bills etc. We are being fee'd to death. They are all on the increase. Check your bills. I don't even know what half of them mean. .
    Pilot

"Have a little faith baby. Have a little faith."
    Oddball - "Kelly's Heroes"

Member #
    Images
    speaking of increasing fees - just got my insurance quote. F--K!!!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    speaking of increasing fees - just got my insurance quote. F--K!!!
    Lulz.... let me know if you need a guy, i have a broker that seems to always get a decent price with awesome coverage

Member #
    Images
    thanks, I may do that.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Lulz.... let me know if you need a guy, i have a broker that seems to always get a decent price with awesome coverage
    PM por favor
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    Years ago I had personalized plates on my Jeep before it was old enough to get collectors plates. There was a upfront fee & every year a renewal fee. I asked about it & their explanation was by paying the yearly fee they were ensuring no one else got my picked combination of letters & numbers. Which is ridiculous. At any rate I was young & had $$ so I paid the extra for a couple years. Probably wouldn't do it again.
    Restored 1974 CJ5 with some stuff. Need help to add some more stuff. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    This

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Why in the hell would you want to just give more money away to the state? License fees are already out of control in the is state.
    CJ/buggy,FI406,465,205,D60,14boltFF on beadlocked 39.50 swampers.See build.
    http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134201
    '70Jeepster, 225,T-14,D20,10bolt,12bolt on 34/9.50/15 Swampers
    www.tubebuggies.com

Member #
    Personalized plates are $25 extra a year after the inital fee (varies), regardless of what plate 'background' you have.

You need to apply using the personalized plate form with your requested letter combinations, and they'll respond with availability. For the really common stuff, you may have to apply a few times.
    Stay The Trail!

Member #
    I just got a set of personalized plates for my truck on the purple mountain base. Paid $83 to have them made and $65.09 for a years registration. I paid $129.77 to renew my green and whites last year so can't complain.
    197? DJ-5 LHD & 4wd