Tire vulcanizeing

Looking for a place to do 4 -5tires
    Small holes
    Non dot stickies

Trei 7209360791
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]1975 bronco fully loaded:)

Member #
    Images
    the tire shop by Crawler tech does it
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

Member #
    Images
    A and E tire
    http://aetire.com/tires-auto-repair-1-denver-co

you'll have to go to the back of the building and when you pick up bring cash

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tjjared413 View Post
    A and E tire
    http://aetire.com/tires-auto-repair-1-denver-co

you'll have to go to the back of the building and when you pick up bring cash
    Huh. They don't happen to make paddle tires (full size) do they?

Member #
    Images
    sorry I have no clue...

Just went through this last month. I had a 35" MTR with a one inch wide cut in the sidewall. Plugs would only hold air when the tire was at full pressure but off road at 5 psi, it would leak a little air every time it rolled over the area near the cut. Half way through the trail it wold always be flat.

I went to a GCR tire shop in my area. They do fleet and AG retreading and repairs. There are several of them in the Denver area. It cost me $45 and about 2 weeks before I got the tire back. They vulcanized the cut and put a big patch on the inside. Holds air great but the balance is a little off now. Even with air soft beads I get a little shimmy at about 45mph.
    87 Sami-toy thingy, geared, locked, coiled, air shocked @ 100" WB & 2700 lbs.

I had A and E do one for me also. Been holding air for a few years no problem. GCR told me at the time they don't vulcanize, but that was in ft collins.
    81 cj7

Quote Originally Posted by sewell87 View Post
    I had A and E do one for me also. Been holding air for a few years no problem. GCR told me at the time they don't vulcanize, but that was in ft collins.
    I went to the same GCR shop on highway 14 in Fort Collins. They told me that they weren't sure they would fix the sidewall but went ahead and sent it to their repair service. They did vulcanized the sidewall cut and patch the inside as well, you can barely see where the cut was now.

Quote Originally Posted by zukatude View Post
    I went to the same GCR shop on highway 14 in Fort Collins. They told me that they weren't sure they would fix the sidewall but went ahead and sent it to their repair service. They did vulcanized the sidewall cut and patch the inside as well, you can barely see where the cut was now.
    Very good to know, since I now own these tires

I had gone by there before with an Irok, but they said they couldn't do it due to it's location?

I first need to but a steel wheel to mount them up, and find any and all punctures/leaks first so I don't need to send them out twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Denard View Post
    Very good to know, since I now own these tires

I had gone by there before with an Irok, but they said they couldn't do it due to it's location?

I first need to but a steel wheel to mount them up, and find any and all punctures/leaks first so I don't need to send them out twice.
    I think they are reluctant to fix sidewall cuts, at least on radial tires, since car tire manufacturers don't support sidewall repairs (just scrap it).
    This particular tire still had lots of tread left and I specifically told them it was for off road use only.

They also vulcanized a blue triangle near the bead. I don't know if that's just to indicate where a repair was made or to mark the tire not for road use anymore.

Considering these are stickies, and have "not for highway use" right on them, they should have no worry.

I'll swing by there when I get back from wheeling this weekend, and see what they're willing to do.

At least two of them will be spares, so I can finally have matching ones.