Thread: this weekend?

this weekend?

anybody running any trails this weekend? anything fun open within a couple hrs of denver besides penrose and chinamans/carnage?

Quote Originally Posted by rollingblubber View Post
    anybody running any trails this weekend? anything fun open within a couple hrs of denver besides penrose and chinamans/carnage?
    I'm in for something, not sure about camping but definitely a day a wheeling. Might be talked in to camping depending on weather. I have a family that would probably tag along. I had chinamans on my mind but just because I'm a little familiar with it.

YJ locked on 35s just to give you an idea of capability.

Alex, think im going up in the camper with the ATV this weekend. Can't think of anything that's melted higher up that would be more than what you stated above. If you think of something by tomorrow I can change plans as I have Friday off. By the way, just ordered the ORI"s
    We live in a age of entitlement.

Money bags with your fancy shocks lol. At this point I'm kinds thinking carnage/chinamans on saturday and penrose on sunday. If I can get somebody else to go.

Had to do something to keep up with you and Mike on the trail . Not sure I want to do china/carnage this soon after we just did it. That's kind of the only options rite now with the high country still being socked in with snow.

yeah. doesn't take much to keep up with me. mike on the other hand is another story. what kind of atv are you riding? whenever my jeep sells i'll probably get one or maybe a dirt bike.

I have a 2010 Polaris XP550. Got the Interco SwampLite tires and the thing just will go through anything. I do a little gem and gold prospecting once and a while, really nice for hauling equipment where the truck can't go. Of course it's a blast to ride on single track stuff to.

Anyone thinking of going to BV tomorrow???

Me but focusing on carnage. Will probably run Chinaman's afterwords but no telling what time that will be.

Member #
    Images
    photos?
    rig- 04 TJ for going to the malls and tow pig- 15 F350

I have very few pics. But will try to get some posted later. Ended up only doing carnage as it was an all day affair. 1 busted hub. I ripped off truss/upper link mount and busted driveshaft and 1 sheer ed off high steer studs. And one broken foot.

None of those breakages were me just others in our group. Only damage I had was denting the hood on both sides. Did end up wincing the waterfall though as it was a mud fest.

Member #
    Images
    Broken foot?
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Dang! I had one of them days last time I was up there!

When the cherokee ripped off the rear truss. Christian hiked back to the truck to get some ratchet straps. When he got back to the v-notch he slipped and fell going up the waterfall and broke a bone in his foot.

Member #
    Images
    Yikes

heres a few pics.

Looks like a fun time wish I could have made it.

Member #
    Looks so much more fun dry. I should have waited a week.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like carnage lived up to it's name that day. Glad you came out with only minor damage. Hey! at least no broken rear beer can holder (edited)!
    Last edited by Nimbus; May 13th, 2017 at 07:48 AM.

shhhhhhhhhh. why do you have to jinx me like that lol

Good point, Edited.