Hoffmans-gold rush coming to colorado

Shyt. Wonder how this will go. Mom has already seen them in town. more traffic on 285.
    Need Tundra parts....Engine...Got any?

That show is still going? I can't believe anyone even watches it. Manufactured drama.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dcastell View Post
    Shyt. Wonder how this will go. Mom has already seen them in town. more traffic on 285.
    Since they can't mine for shit I'm guessing not long.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    That show is still going? I can't believe anyone even watches it. Manufactured drama.
    Because it's fun to watch the Hoffmans continue to suck. Also Beets is crazy as hell and entertaining to watch.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    Where are they gonna open up the next future failure?
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    Not really a surprise. Freddy Dodge is from here, the mining equipment company he owns is up off of hwy 85, MSI is Madden Steel Inc, I used to haul stuff out of there all the time. Most of the plants on that show were built by his outfit. I dont expect them to be very successful here, as all the placer mines here have been played out for a long time, and they dont know anything about hard rock mining.
    Tired of being tired.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    --Robert Heinlein

PROUD PARENT OF A UNITED STATES MARINE!!! Sleep Well America, My Marine Has Got Your Back... Proud Parent of a Sailor, in the United States Navy.......

Lunatic? just call me the duece

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Where are they gonna open up the next future failure?
    Gold King Mine perhaps?
    The good old days-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flyier19

Member #
    Images
    Nemmind. They apparently renamed and took over the Katuska Pit in Fairplay.

Looks like they're already facing fines for bulldozing trees outside the original mined area.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CLYDE View Post
    Not really a surprise. Freddy Dodge is from here, the mining equipment company he owns is up off of hwy 85, MSI is Madden Steel Inc, I used to haul stuff out of there all the time. Most of the plants on that show were built by his outfit. I dont expect them to be very successful here, as all the placer mines here have been played out for a long time, and they dont know anything about hard rock mining.
    Wonder if Dodge came down here with 'em. I'm thinking that the current anti-mining politics of the state will shut them down pretty quickly.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Gold King Mine perhaps?
    That would be real entertainment!

I can hear it now.... "FRICK! where'd all that frickin water come from?!?!?!"

Member #
    Images
    Well that didnt take long... its only 8 acres, not sure what the hell they think they will get out of there.

Member #
    Images
    Not really a surprise. Freddy Dodge is from here, the mining equipment company he owns is up off of hwy 85, MSI is Madden Steel Inc, I used to haul stuff out of there all the time. Most of the plants on that show were built by his outfit. I dont expect them to be very successful here, as all the placer mines here have been played out for a long time, and they dont know anything about mining.
    Fixed (except Freddy, but it's not the Freddy Dodge show so they don't really listen to him.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Wonder if Dodge came down here with 'em. I'm thinking that the current anti-mining politics of the state will shut them down pretty quickly.
    The way they foreshadowed it on the show was Freddy leaving. Then, a couple episodes later, Todd holding a 1/3 full mason jar of gold saying "he's been prospecting in Colorado" so I would guess that's Freddy.

We met him in Fairplay in late August. My brother's a big gold panning guy, and worked at the Alma Placer claim in the 90s. He was excited to get his picture taken with Freddy Dodge.

Jeff Mason
    99 Isuzu Amigo.

Well that didnt take long... its only 8 acres, not sure what the hell they think they will get out of there.
    Well, if you expand the mine footprint, that might help. but apparently that gets you in trouble with the law:

http://starcasm.net/archives/363143

As we reported waaaay back in October, Gold Rush star Todd Hoffman and his crew of gold miners didn’t have much luck finding gold in their home state of Oregon, so they packed up their mining equipment (yet again) and headed a few states over to Colorado. Although we don’t know if their luck changed as far as finding gold, the Hoffman Crew does appear to be having some more bad luck as far as the Colorado Division of Reclamation Mining and Safety is concerned!

The commission received a citizen complaint on December 1 which indicated that the “Katuska Pit” mine (since renamed — or recreated as — the Fairplay Placer Mine) had performed mining activities and removed trees well beyond the boundaries allotted by the permit for the claim.

I will include the full report from the inspection below, but to summarize: it appears that the claim the Hoffman Crew was mining (under Todd’s company 316 Mining, LLC.) only allowed for mining in places that were mined before — prior to any reclamation laws. No virgin ground was to be disturbed or timbers removed.

The land was inspected on December 5 and the inspector found that there were trees removed and that there was mining activity (in the form of equipment storage, etc.) that took place beyond the boundaries set forth in the permit. As a result, the owners of the mine (Listed as High Speed Mining, LLC, which I assumed leased the claim to the Hoffmans) will go before the Commission at a hearing scheduled for late January. If found guilty of the violations, they could be fined between $1,000 and $5,000 for “each day of violation.”