Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NFL Thread

2016 NFL Thread

1) Will the Broncos finally be able to play at Mile High Stadium again? I know, I know...it will always be Mile High, regardless of whatever corporate crap is on the scoreboard, but to now have two "sponsors" that failed in the 14 years the new stadium has been open?

2) Who the crap is going to be under center for the Broncos? Will Manning come out of retirement to keep things under control?

3) Johnny Manziel. Discuss.
    ☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌ 
    / \ Copy and paste him
    Jim - www.yuccaman.com - '04 LJ Unlimited

Member #
    Images
    1) Meh, the fact that we have politicians writing bills making it mandatory to keep "Mile High" in the name is dumb beyond belief.
    2) Doesn't matter much with Kubiak as HC
    3) Fawking train wreck. No agent, has been indicted for beating his girl, refuses to make his career a priority and his "skill" at QB is all he had going for him in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    1. Yes
    2. Kapernick
    3. Is done
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

1. Doubtful
    2. Hope that it doesn't really mater.
    3. Who cares....he doesn't
    1992 Nissan KC SE V-6 | Front Dana 44 | Atlas 5.0 | ARB's | 37 MTR's

1. Who cares has nothing about the Chiefs.
    2. Who cares has nothing about the Chiefs.
    3. Who cares has nothing about the Chiefs.

got to support the wife here.
    2008 JK Unlimited, Detonator Yellow, 6 Speed, Hard Top.

Member #
    Don't care about #1 or #3.....

#2 --- Unfortunatley, Mark Sanchez this year.... and on a potential positive note....Paxton Lynch the following season.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Yucca-Man View Post
    2) Who the crap is going to be under center for the Broncos?
    Mark Sanchez and/or Sam Bradford. Eagles West. Good luck.
    Pilot

"Have a little faith baby. Have a little faith."
    Oddball - "Kelly's Heroes"

Member #
    It took me too long to search the right criteria to find this premature thread that kept me from starting a new one

To original questions as the season is beginning....

No new name to the Stadium yet.

Trevor gets the nod at starting QB.

Kaepernick likely joining Johnny football as baristas at their local Starbucks...http://uproxx.com/sports/colin-kaepe...fl-gm-traitor/

Member #
    ...and Dave, sorry about Bridgewater. It's just tough to imagine potentially losing a leg and a career to a non-contact injury.... Sounds like the trainers helped to avoid that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bri...153352820.html

1. Mile Higher Stadium.

2. I already told you in another thread before Sanchez was even signed that Siemian would be starting.

3. Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    ...and Dave, sorry about Bridgewater. It's just tough to imagine potentially losing a leg and a career to a non-contact injury.... Sounds like the trainers helped to avoid that.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bri...153352820.html
    This really sucks donkey balls. I REALLY like Teddy and think he's got a real future unless this is a career ending injury.

Definitely bummed about Teddy. Extremely solid dude all around. Check out "hey Teddy" on YouTube. Kid makes a YouTube video inviting Teddy to his birthday, Teddy showed up and made another video with him.

I think Teddy's injury is a bigger deal to the franchise than AP's knee a few years ago. Super impressed with the way Zimmer has handled this though, we haven't had a coach in 30 years that's anywhere near what Zim is.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    www.staythetrail.org

Member #
    Sorry Dave.
    95 ZJ, Lift, dents, and noise.

Thanks Ken.

I think we'll still have a decent season. Top 5 running game and top 5 defense. We're quite similar to Denver right now, but the Broncos have a better D and the Vikings a better run game. I hope that they put AP on a bit of a pitch count though so we can have him back next year in decent shape with a healthy Teddy and make a run. In fact I'm already calling it for next year. Teddy comes back and leads the team to Super Bowl 52, which we're hosting. We'll be down late in the 4th, but Teddy will lead a miraculous drive to bring us back for a game winning field goal try, only for a flock of migratory birds to break through one of the translucent panels creating a sudden gust of wind in the indoor stadium which sends another Blair Walsh chip shot wide left as the clock expires and we lose number 5.

Member #
    Images
    Nice prediction Dave.

As for me, pretty happy to see the QB questions sorted out and I think Siemian will have a little rough go for the first few games but will come into his own by mid season. We have in my opinion an easier season than last year but that first game is a duzzy with playing Caronlina. The ESPN polls show 61% for the Broncos to win the first game after Siemian was selected to lead the offense.

In the practices I went to and in the preseason games it was sure nice to see how well our Defense looks. Especially VM who is all over the place, even in the practice scrimmages.

I am ready for some football.
    My Jeep is not an SUV and your SUV is not a Jeep
    Support the Grand Slam West Sponsors
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=11024

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post

I am ready for some football.
    X1000 Go Broncos!

Member #
    Hell of a superbowl rematch so far.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    The most frustrating part of watching the Donkeys is the defensive penalties that keep opponents' drives alive. What would've been 4th and 21 is now 1st and 10 for an un-needed defensive hold....

...Combine that with personal fouls, etc... It's been our Achilles heel...

Member #
    glad they squeaked out that win though....The field goal timeout saved some bacon

Monkey man has a chance in this league, turned it over a lot, better quit that shat

Need a better push up front in the middle of the D
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    And the team might want to learn how to count to 11.

Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Just the D-fence

Always some luck when you turn over the ball 3 times and win, but Carolina is still a really good team

Cam is more hurt than they let on, he missed a lot of throws after that hit

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    The most frustrating part of watching the Donkeys is the defensive penalties that keep opponents' drives alive. What would've been 4th and 21 is now 1st and 10 for an un-needed defensive hold....

...Combine that with personal fouls, etc... It's been our Achilles heel...
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Monkey man has a chance in this league, turned it over a lot, better quit that shat

Need a better push up front in the middle of the D
    It's the first game of the season with a newb QB. They played better than I expected. I do hope they get penalties under control though. Ain't nobody got time fo that.

Member #
    I am just glad the NFL is so full of class acts.

You voted for this idiot twice? R.I.P. America

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Just the D-fence

Always some luck when you turn over the ball 3 times and win, but Carolina is still a really good team

Cam is more hurt than they let on, he missed a lot of throws after that hit
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    It's the first game of the season with a newb QB. They played better than I expected. I do hope they get penalties under control though. Ain't nobody got time fo that.
    Also true.

Member #
    Images
    Some might say the Broncos won with a bit of luck, but Carolina had a bit of luck help them as well with Bronco Penalties and turn overs. Goes both ways.

Siemian looked like a pro out there. Cant wait to see how he develops through the year. Had a much stronger start than I expected.

Brandon Marshall taking a knee was ok with me, he has also put his money where his mouth is. I was very frustrated with the extensive interviews he got right after the game. To me the press should have stuck to more game related questions and save the protest discussions for the next day.

Member #
    Images
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cam has a concussion.

Siemian looked great to me.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Cam has a concussion.

Siemian looked great to me.

I read he went through concussion protocol after the game and passed, some say he should have gone through it in game.

Member #
    Images
    I read he went through concussion protocol after the game and passed, some say he should have gone through it in game.
    My wife and I commented that it looked like Cam was avoiding the side lines to avoid being evaluated for a concussion.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn WJ View Post
    My wife and I commented that it looked like Cam was avoiding the side lines to avoid being evaluated for a concussion.
    I'm not intimately familiar with protocols, but I would think that he doesn't have to come to the sidelines for them to say: get over here we saw you got your bell rung.

Member #
    Images
    Perhaps, but if he was able to walk around on the field giving the impression everything is ok, then they may not call him over. You notice they did check him after the game, potentially after seeing more evidence of a concussion. I am glad he was cleared of one. It was just an interesting chain of events.

Member #
    Images
    Yea but could not remember the questions he was asked, so probably had one.

I also think he was hurt more on the sack by Ward then he or the Panthers let on.

Siemian looked good for a first start, really had his head in the game with a couple exceptions. I was glad to see the adjustments at half time for the D and was also impressed with how Siemian handled the pass rush in the second half.
    Jeff

That kid sure throws a pretty ball..... It was funny watching the tight spirals get picked off and batted around just like PFM's dying ducks. He did a great job of not letting it get to him. Funny no one was calling for his benching like they were with PFM.

I was a little worried they would panic when they were behind....not having a big name like PFM (no matter how bad he was playing) behind center can't help the confidence much. But the D pulled it together and gave them the chance.

I guess they learned last year that games are rarely completely out of reach....just like last year....they are going to be playing a lot of close games.

Member #
    Images

Pretty sure his feelings were hurt more by the winning QB throwing his first pass in the NFL against him and his team and them not being able to pull off the win.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Just saw where Broncos LB Brandon Marshall lost an endorsement deal with Air Academy Federal Credit Union after kneeling for the national anthem.

I love it when millionaires want to preach at me about "social injustice"

I felt oddly calm when Siemian was under center. Even made a mental note of it and how it felt much the same as when Elway was playing. You always felt you had a chance. I'm in NO way comparing the two except for the "felling" I had.

He obviously made an impression on every "expert" watching. Really should be what we're talking about. Not the 'distractions'.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Game was thrilling to be at.

I was VERY unimpressed with Cam again. He acts like either a complete cock, or is completely pouting. That being said, I thought he handled the post game MUCH better than the SB loss. So maybe there is a little hope for him yet.

Miller didn't impress either, until the end. Then he seemed to be playing the way we know he can. Of course, he was getting held just about every play. Ware was on fire though.

Siemian was not that impressive. He need work still on getting rid of the ball faster and needs a little better decision making. But this was his first NFL start. And it was nice to see tight spirals again. And it was AWESOME to see him not buckle under pressure or his/everyone else's poor play. I know I am being hard on him, but he wasn't/ as good as everyone keeps saying. He has a LONG way to go.

The officiating was poor. Not as bad as Hochuli's crew, but bad. Took forever to actually make a call after a VERY lengthy conference on EVERY call. I loved when the head ref got snarky with the crowd for booing him. Made me LOL.

The crowd was in it. Love being in the stadium with some of the best fans the NFL has to offer.

Member #
    Images

I nearly had to take a nitro pill...

I think the Cowturds have missed not having Ware

Go Broncos.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Images
    Go Pack Go!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jon, AKA The Man With The Plan, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Illegitimi non Carborundum = "Don't let the bastards get you down" Micris Fidelis="Faithful to small things" And it's an anagram...I'll let you figure it out