Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boycott of the Oscars

Wouldn't a more practical and politically correct solution be to just give everybody a Participant Oscar? This awarding of trophies to only a few individuals is soooo last century.
    I started with nothing, and I've got most of it left.

Member #
    Yeah or maybe there just weren't any black actors that "deserved" to win. I give not a crap either way since i don't watch movies and have no idea who most actors are anyway and even if i did, i doubt i would agree with who won anything anyway.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

The two best black actors in 2015 weren't even nominated....

Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    The two best black actors in 2015 weren't even nominated....

I have no idea if this is sarcastic or not since i dont recognize either one and still don't care. The people who are whining about not enough of whatever race are racist. Pure and simple.

Member #
    Maybe they should just go ahead and make another award show that only blacks are invited to or maybe start another TV channel that only black people are allowed on or maybe have another black history month or maybe we need more affirmative action on everything in the world.

Either that or maybe they could quit being racist and just live with the rest of the world.

Member #
    Images
    i dont watch award shows and i dont care... bit, i think cc might be onto something

I will be boycotting the oscars, but then again i have always boycotted the oscars
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

We should boycott the NBA for under representation of caucasions.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris J View Post
    We should boycott the NBA for under representation of caucasions.
    Shit man, you know white men can't jump.
    03 Rubicon TJ, needs work.
    https://m.facebook.com/ClownsInc

Actress Stacey Dash calls for elimination of Black History Month and BET

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - American actress Stacey Dash said Wednesday in a segment on 'Fox & Friends' that celebrating the achievements of only black people further promotes "segregation."

While discussing the lack of diversity in this year’s Oscars nominations, Dash said the outcry is "ludicrous."
    “We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration. And if we don't want segregation, then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards where you're only awarded if you're black," she said. "If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It's a double standard.”

The actress continued: “There shouldn't be a Black History Month. You know? We're Americans. Period. That's it.”

FOX News host: Are you saying there shouldn't be a Black History Month because there isn't a white history month?

DASH: Exactly. Exactly.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov

It's funny because there is no group in the US that is more Politically Correct than the "Hollywood Crowd". Now that they are being called racists it's more than they can handle.

Racial Activists vs. Hollywood Insiders?

I haven't had this much trouble picking sides since the Iran/Iraq war.

Thanks for the unintentional entertainment, Hollywood!
    Martin (AKA Zapp Branigan) KillBot (Retired)
    "I am the Man With No Name - Zapp Branigan!"
    2004 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT

Member #
    A gathering of Hollywood elitists parading themselves and picking out the best among them. No thanks!

Lets Boycott the BET awards. Not one white person was nominated

Member #
    Images
    I'm going to start a magazine called "Starch" in response to "Jet."
    "Hello again. I see the assassins have failed."

I haven't seen Creed but I have seen Straight Outta Compton. As a fan of NWA, if you took the swearing and brief nudity out of the movie, it was like watching an "after school special." Meaning, it seemed a little fake to me. I wanted it to be more raw.

Member #
    Images
    Maybe the real life was less raw than it is believed to be?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryokeeXJ View Post
    I'm going to start a magazine called "Starch" in response to "Jet."
    that will piss off the Atkins crowd
    [QUOTE=Snotty;1352791]The government didn't fail those people. Darwin did.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Clod Hopper View Post
    Maybe the real life was less raw than it is believed to be?
    You mean maybe some of these tough guy "gangsta rappers" weren't the badass hardened criminals they rapped about being?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED I SAY!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Why, next thing you'll be telling me is that all those good ol' boys singing country music aren't REAL cowboys. Am I on CRAZY pills?

Quote Originally Posted by Barf Bag View Post
    that will piss off the Atkins crowd
    and the Keto crowd
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by ZappBranigan View Post
    You mean maybe some of these tough guy "gangsta rappers" weren't the badass hardened criminals they rapped about being?

EDITED TO ADD: Why, next thing you'll be telling me is that all those good ol' boys singing country music aren't REAL cowboys. Am I on CRAZY pills?
    We've already done the Duck Dynasty fakeness. But here's one some here might be surprised about. I'm not, in that his accent is waaayyy over the top.

Zapp, I know this stuff you speak. I was just hoping for a bit more. I know that rappers are not all serial killers. I just personally wanted more depth. Depth is the probably the better word. Of course, Dances With Wolves won over GoodFellas...

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifer2112 View Post
    We've already done the Duck Dynasty fakeness. But here's one some here might be surprised about. I'm not, in that his accent is waaayyy over the top.

They are all performers. I didn't realize we expected them to be authentic. Guess I need to be more discerning in my entertainment choices.

ETA: Nope. Tried to care more. Didn't take.
    Last edited by Clod Hopper; January 22nd, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

They are all performers. I didn't realize we expected them to be authentic. Guess I need to be more discerning in my entertainment choices.

ETA: Nope. Tried to care more. Didn't take.
    Geez. I was just keeping up with conversation about fake rappers, fake cowboys, etc. Sorry to have made you not care so much you had to post about how much you don't care.

The Politically Correct eventually have to hunt their own.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifer2112 View Post
    Geez. I was just keeping up with conversation about fake rappers, fake cowboys, etc. Sorry to have made you not care so much you had to post about how much you don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by SamFromCO View Post
    Wouldn't a more practical and politically correct solution be to just give everybody a Participant Oscar? This awarding of trophies to only a few individuals is soooo last century.
    I think this "boycott" will have the same effect, i.e. it will devalue what trophies are given after this point.

If Will Smith or Denzel Washington or Jennifer Hudson win a "best actor" trophy next year, it's going to be in the back of people's minds to ask "did they really earn it or was this just done to appease the race hustlers?" It's kind of like a conflict of interest in that even the mere appearance of impropriety is a problem. People are going to assume that "the fix is in" even if it's not.

Which in turn devalues any trophy given to any "person of color" from this point out.

ma triggers!

Member #
    And......they caved. "New procedures will be put in place immediately to ensure more diversity...."

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags-lives View Post
    I haven't seen Creed but I have seen Straight Outta Compton. As a fan of NWA, if you took the swearing and brief nudity out of the movie, it was like watching an "after school special." Meaning, it seemed a little fake to me. I wanted it to be more raw.
    What on earth does that even remotely have to do with the topic of this thread?

Member #
    Rich beautiful ego's telling, Rich beautiful ego's how rich and beautiful they are for big stacks of cash....
    I got better things to do...
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Member #
    Images
    I always boycott the oscars... and the grammies, and any other award shows.
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    [QUOTE=Gags;2216435]I say some stupid sh!t here.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    What on earth does that even remotely have to do with the topic of this thread?
    Both came out in 2015 and could have been nominated (or their black stars could have been nominated) but weren't. I think that's what Pete is saying.

Member #
    Images
    Both came out in 2015 and could have been nominated (or their black stars could have been nominated) but weren't. I think that's what Pete is saying.
    I just read it again and have no clue how you got that out of what he posted.

Maybe because you haven't been following this story in the news. Most of the stories I read mention Straight Outta Compton, Creed and Concussion as movies that could have/should have been nominated (not saying I agree I'm just saying that's what the stories are) so that's how I interpreted Pete's comment.

I haven't seen any of those movies and have no real desire to. I actually don't think I've darkened the door of a movie theater in over a year.

Member #
    I actually don't think I've darkened the door of a movie theater in over a year.
    The last movie i went to see was Commando.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The last movie i went Commando to see.

Member #
    Well duh...

Sorry mate. Zapp was right. I just assumed that everyone had heard some people were boycotting because there were no "Black movies" nominated.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags-lives View Post
    Sorry mate. Zapp was right. I just assumed that everyone had heard some people were boycotting because there were no "Black movies" nominated.
    I was aware of that. I'm still trying to reconcile your post with that.

It would be fund to drink a beer or two with you cuz your mind works different that most people, as least based on your posts here.