View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 929 of 1226 FirstFirst ... 4298298799199279289299309319399791029 ... LastLast
Results 37,121 to 37,160 of 49017
    Member #
    Images
    I like the red cheby!

You can go camp at my place wulf

Hows dat puppers?

Its raining here!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Went to the Ford place after work and walked out on them for the second day in a row. As I was walking out, they raised the trade in value of my truck by $1000 which still isn't gonna buy it but they are getting closer. I just sent a counter offer.
    God I hate the car buying process.

Lewns.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Images
    Loons. Red truck is home and in the garage. Going to give it a krow out tomorrow. Headed to the farm to plant food plots and fill feeders.

Asked if I could bring my dog on the patio at a restaurant and the manager snapped at me and said I better show some papers first. Never implied she was a service dog so I told him she wasn't and left

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Happy sadurdee peoples. 34 days till dunes. I've heard rumors that my best friends wife has spent a LOT of money on her RZR since the Memorial Day trip in hopes of beating me this time. I almost went clicky on the button that said order this turbo kit for your YZX last night but didn't........yet.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    It appears that there is such a thing fer my grizzly as well!

Happy sadurdee peoples. 34 days till dunes. I've heard rumors that my best friends wife has spent a LOT of money on her RZR since the Memorial Day trip in hopes of beating me this time. I almost went clicky on the button that said order this turbo kit for your YZX last night but didn't........yet.
    LS swap?

gml

Member #
    Images
    Do eeeeeeeet

Morning Lewns, panclocks and baconz for breakfast.

Wth am I doing in Illinois?

Just went for a drive in the country and somehow I'm in Illinois.

Quick, turn around.....
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

Member #
    Images
    Or! Keep driving west!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Do eeeeeeeet
    I may, depending on how this whole truck trade works out. I have now walked out on them for 3 straight days in a row. We are about $1300 apart.

Member #
    I may, depending on how this whole truck trade works out. I have now walked out on them for 3 straight days in a row. We are about $1300 apart.
    It didn't work. NEXT!!!

Member #
    Images

Highlights of the last 2 weeks of game camera pics. You have to zoom in on the big group.

Member #
    Images
    They are there now, but

Member #
    That's alot of deer

Member #
    Images
    It didn't work. NEXT!!!
    Sounds like turbo time to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That's alot of dinner
    Fixed

Lewns, puppy time with my friends' new pupper, followed by Thai food, followed by Harry Potter at the Symphony was grand.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Sounds like turbo time to me.
    It may be turbo time but in the form of a truck instead of for the XYZ. The truck I was looking at yesterday was a 5.0 but I'm going to go look at a couple of 3.5 twin turbo trucks this afternoon. I have been debating on which I would rather have. The 3.5 has more hp and torque than the 5.0 and supposedly better fuel mileage as well. Im just a little concerned over the possibility of more crap to go wrong with them.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    [IMG]

Highlights of the last 2 weeks of game camera pics. You have to zoom in on the big group.
    Look at all that steak, sausage, and jerky!

Member #
    Images
    It may be turbo time but in the form of a truck instead of for the XYZ. The truck I was looking at yesterday was a 5.0 but I'm going to go look at a couple of 3.5 twin turbo trucks this afternoon. I have been debating on which I would rather have. The 3.5 has more hp and torque than the 5.0 and supposedly better fuel mileage as well. Im just a little concerned over the possibility of more crap to go wrong with them.
    I would try to find someone with the 3.5 that uses it. And is beyond the break in period. My BIL has one fuel mileage isn't what I would expect and it was very disappointing towing a small camper.

Member #
    Images
    There really is no substitute for cubic inches... Little motors have to work harder and in real life never get better fuel economy.

Member #
    I've been pretty problem-free with my 3.5 through 36K miles. The park-indicator switch in my gearshift went out and that's pretty much it. Around town, I don't believe the fuel economy is much different than the 5.0.... The highway is the bigger difference. My around town AVG (around 15.5) shown on the readout is skewed on the low side as I do let my truck idle quite a bit with the AC or heat running. However, I can reset it and it will claim I get around 27 going back and forth to C Springs.

The thing that surprises most people is how quick the truck is. It does flat out move. All that said, I don't really tow with my truck. I have a couple of friends that do tow with theirs and are pretty happy. One is probably around 80K and the other is probably approaching 150K. No problems have been mentioned with the exception of one having to have the head unit replaced a couple of times under warranty.

The wife is extremely happy with her Explorer Sport with the 3.5. Being lighter, it's even quicker. She was coming from a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and is impressed with quickness... Only 17K miles, but no problems with the exception that it needs to go in to get the Navigation reset.

Stock, I'd choose the 3.5. I'd gladly take a supercharged 5.0 though

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Or! Keep driving west!
    Probably next year, but who knows.

Member #
    Images

Lewnses que pasta?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I've been pretty problem-free with my 3.5 through 36K miles. The park-indicator switch in my gearshift went out and that's pretty much it. Around town, I don't believe the fuel economy is much different than the 5.0.... The highway is the bigger difference. My around town AVG (around 15.5) shown on the readout is skewed on the low side as I do let my truck idle quite a bit with the AC or heat running. However, I can reset it and it will claim I get around 27 going back and forth to C Springs.

The thing that surprises most people is how quick the truck is. It does flat out move. All that said, I don't really tow with my truck. I have a couple of friends that do tow with theirs and are pretty happy. One is probably around 80K and the other is probably approaching 150K. No problems have been mentioned with the exception of one having to have the head unit replaced a couple of times under warranty.

The wife is extremely happy with her Explorer Sport with the 3.5. Being lighter, it's even quicker. She was coming from a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and is impressed with quickness... Only 17K miles, but no problems with the exception that it needs to go in to get the Navigation reset.

Stock, I'd choose the 3.5. I'd gladly take a supercharged 5.0 though
    Thanks for the input as it does put me at ease at the possibility of buying one. I didn't realize that's what yours was or I would have just asked you.

Member #
    I would try to find someone with the 3.5 that uses it. And is beyond the break in period. My BIL has one fuel mileage isn't what I would expect and it was very disappointing towing a small camper.
    Huh.....

I just stopped and talked to my neighbor that lives behind me for that very reason....to talk to.someone who had one but it turns out that his truck was a 5.0 so it was no help.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    There really is no substitute for cubic inches... Little motors have to work harder and in real life never get better fuel economy.
    Sorry man but that is an outdated theory. I know that you still love you a 401 but that still doesn't make them crank out more than the horsepower of a hacking Pinto.

Member #
    Thanks for the input as it does put me at ease at the possibility of buying one. I didn't realize that's what yours was or I would have just asked you.
    No problem..... Just to clarify, by "head unit" it was his radio / Nav / bluetooth system....

Member #
    Images
    Sorry man but that is an outdated theory. I know that you still love you a 401 but that still doesn't make them crank out more than the horsepower of a hacking Pinto.
    This is true to some extent. Mu problem is that the smaller engines make more horsepower, but at pretty much unreasonable RPMs. There is a 4 cylinder toyota engine that makes more power than a stock 350. Problem is it makes that HP at 6k RPM. While the 350 is making it's HP at 3k. How long can you run that 4 banger at 6k rpm and expect it to hold up. Also what is going to me your MPG running at the top of the RPM scale all the time with a load behind you? Every time I have tried to step down in displacement, I have been disappointed in both power and efficiency.

Stupid traffic. There was another accident on i70 so it took about 4 hours to get back from Leadville and that was because I wasn't too far behind it and got off the highway pretty early

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Stupid traffic. There was another accident on i70 so it took about 4 hours to get back from Leadville and that was because I wasn't too far behind it and got off the highway pretty early

Ha!!! CO is awesome.

Member #
    This is true to some extent. Mu problem is that the smaller engines make more horsepower, but at pretty much unreasonable RPMs. There is a 4 cylinder toyota engine that makes more power than a stock 350. Problem is it makes that HP at 6k RPM. While the 350 is making it's HP at 3k. How long can you run that 4 banger at 6k rpm and expect it to hold up. Also what is going to me your MPG running at the top of the RPM scale all the time with a load behind you? Every time I have tried to step down in displacement, I have been disappointed in both power and efficiency.
    This is true to some extent, as in little rice burner engines. The 3.5 twin turbo has more hp and torque than the 5.0 throughout the rpm range near as I can tell.

Ha!!! CO is awesome.
    not as awesome as it used to be

Dog is all dirty from rain and mud. Time to see how she does in the bath.

She is shy around other dogs and usually hides behind me when they're around because she's afraid. She was tied up under a picnic table with some food and water and I was off doing something and some lady brought her dog over to drink out of her bowl and Molly nipped at the other dog.

Her daughters apologized

Member #
    She is shy around other dogs and usually hides behind me when they're around because she's afraid. She was tied up under a picnic table with some food and water and I was off doing something and some lady brought her dog over to drink out of her bowl and Molly nipped at the other dog.

Her daughters apologized

You need to get her around other dogs and people as much as you can.

Member #
    not as awesome as it used to be

There has never been a statement more true. That's why I left.

Member #
    Images
    This.

Also, fawk the lady that brought her dog over to a strange dog's water/food bowl.

she is great with pretty much all people, even my cousin's toddler (yes we introduced them carefully) and ok with my uncle's dog and my cousin's dog.

She doesn't like the dog park at all...Not sure how to promote more positive interactions with other dogs.

Member #
    This is true to some extent, as in little rice burner engines. The 3.5 twin turbo has more hp and torque than the 5.0 throughout the rpm range near as I can tell.
    Yep, it's definitely something very different and there's a reason it's in the new Raptor @ 450hp and the Ford GT @ 600hp.

It pulls hard through RPM ranges and the lack of turbo lag was surprising. Although I don't tow, I do drive it hard.

It's no secret to anyone who's paid attention over the years here that I 'm a long time Cummins fanatic and had some heavily modified Cummins trucks as well as some stock ones. In many ways, shapes, and forms, I've owned 24 Cummins pickups. I've never regretted switching to this Ecoboost truck. Granted, I don't really tow anymore, but I wouldn't think twice about it for occasionally towing an XYZ.

It's such an easy truck to drive.... Power when and where you need it; in town and on the highway; effortless at 85 going up the hills of I-70....

.... never thought I'd give a positive review of a V6... however.... I wouldn't make mods like exhaust, etc, so I'm glad I don't feel the need to.... V6 modified exhaust does not sound good... and I like how quiet my cab is.

With my DD driving style with no towing, I do still covet a highly tuned & supercharged Coyote V8 which does give a good sound through an aggressive exhaust.... I'm just not willing to pay for it and will keep my Ecoboost