View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    11 36.67%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    2 6.67%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    7 23.33%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    7 23.33%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 23.33%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 20.00%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 30.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    10 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 851 of 945 FirstFirst ... 351751801841849850851852853861901 ... LastLast
Results 34,001 to 34,040 of 37781
  1. #34001
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    I worked.... Now id like to play
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

  2. #34002
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I needed to run to Sherman today so i went ahead and hauled the trailer down and back just to see how it worked at interstate speeds of 75 mph. The peekup had no issues with maintaining speed or handling but the mileage....oh emmm geeee. It aint gonna be good. Of course i was bucking that north wind on the way back but yeah, 8 1/2ish average. I guess i better plan on a couple extra fuel stops on the way to kansas and back.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  3. #34003
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    8.5?....... You could drive a 460 for that

  4. #34004
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I needed to run to Sherman today so i went ahead and hauled the trailer down and back just to see how it worked at interstate speeds of 75 mph. The peekup had no issues with maintaining speed or handling but the mileage....oh emmm geeee. It aint gonna be good. Of course i was bucking that north wind on the way back but yeah, 8 1/2ish average. I guess i better plan on a couple extra fuel stops on the way to kansas and back.
    That's the problem with those 150s. They are designed to be efficient pulling themselves down the road. As soon as you put a load on the the mileage goes to pot. I won't rub it in, but my motorhome got 7.4 pulling the car on a 20' trailer, and it is a 460 that is over 10k empty and dry.

  5. #34005
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Of course it doesn't do any better than that either.

  6. #34006
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14


    Made some mods to the trailer I was building to go behind the motorcycle. We should be ready incase the mud is really bad tomorrow. Having to pack generator, compressor and tools in would be rough. This way if it's too muddy for the truck we can use the wheeler and not have to use a makeshift sled.

  7. #34007
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Don't judge my shop. I've been moving from one project to another for several months now. It's about time to take a day to clean and organize.

  8. #34008
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Maybe I'll take another Hooky day to do that.

  9. #34009
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    8.5?....... You could drive a 460 for that
    I could. But I couldn't get 20 mpg out of it the 360 other days of the year i drive it like i do now. Ill live with it.

  10. #34010
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Picked up the wood and insulation to finish the roof. I think its gonna suck more than i originally thought is was gonna suck to get done though. I need to find a sheetrock lift that i borrow or rent.
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58fbc5c5...22_155250.jpg?


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  11. #34011
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Spray insulation?

  12. #34012
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Picked up the wood and insulation to finish the roof. I think its gonna suck more than i originally thought is was gonna suck to get done though. I need to find a sheetrock lift that i borrow or rent.
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58fbc5c5...22_155250.jpg?


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    The hard board foam roofing insulation should be enough and would keep the weight down. .. Just a thought

  13. #34013
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I could. But I couldn't get 20 mpg out of it the 360 other days of the year i drive it like i do now. Ill live with it.
    and it wouldn't tow as well

  14. #34014
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    ^^^^^ That last post by me was the gf who is much smarter than me and knows more about construction and materials than I do.

  15. #34015
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    The hard board foam roofing insulation should be enough and would keep the weight down. .. Just a thought
    Im sure it would work well for insulation factor but the reason i am using fiberglass is so it will be squished between the wood and the aluminium roof to keep it from rumbling in the wind and rain etc. on top of the insulation qualities.

  16. #34016
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    How is Will Bud?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

  17. #34017
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Squishing fibreglass reduces its insulating properties

  18. #34018
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Im sure it would work well for insulation factor but the reason i am using fiberglass is so it will be squished between the wood and the aluminium roof to keep it from rumbling in the wind and rain etc. on top of the insulation qualities.
    She says it's lighter, stronger, and would actual do what you want better than the way you're planning on doing it but you can't fix stupid.

  19. #34019
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    She's correct

  20. #34020
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Squishing fibreglass reduces its insulating properties
    Common knowledge but thanks.

  21. #34021
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    She says it's lighter, stronger, and would actual do what you want better than the way you're planning on doing it but you can't fix stupid.
    Well tell her to hike her ass down here and do it for me than.

  22. #34022
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Well tell her to hike her ass down here and do it for me than.
    Too far

  23. #34023
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Well tell her to hike her ass down here and do it for me than.
    That would free you up and give you some time to do a 460 swap on your truck.

  24. #34024
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That would free you up and give you some time to do a 460 swap on your truck.

  25. #34025
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That would free you up and give you some time to do a 460 swap on your truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Yeah, pass on that but thanks.

  26. #34026
    Company dinner was at NASCAR hall of fame, cool place even though I'm not a fan

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

  27. #34027
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Company dinner was at NASCAR hall of fame, cool place even though I'm not a fan

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Nascar is just like any other sporting event. They suck to watch on tv for the most part but its fun to be there and watch in person.

  28. #34028
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Ghost and The Darkness, I never get tired of watching that incredible true story.

  29. #34029
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Nascar is just like any other sporting event. They suck to watch on tv for the most part but its fun to be there and watch in person.
    I have to disagree a bit. I like going to my kids' sporting events, but would always prefer watching football or basketball from the comfort of my couch on my 70" (unless I'm in a suite). It's all a matter of preference as I know plenty of Bronco season ticket holders that love going to all home games, just not me.

  30. #34030
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    But I do agree that Nascar sucks to watch on tv

  31. #34031
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    Take a left, repeat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #34032
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    Many, many times.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #34033
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    Hard to believe The Outlaw Josey Wales was released 41 years ago. I am friggin old.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  34. #34034
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14

    The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    How is Will Bud?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will is great. I took him out the other night to get some exercise. He listened very well. He was a little confused that I picked a place with no quail.

  35. #34035
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons. Time to build the second hunting house.

  36. #34036
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Loons. Time to build the second hunting house.
    Its actually time to start insulating and putting wood on the ceiling which i fully expect to be a pita without a sheetrock jack or something to hold it in place. Well, its time to start on that after church at least.

  37. #34037
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Cc,

    Can you use string between each roof brace to hold the insulation in place? That way youd only have to hold the 1/4 wood with one hand.

  38. #34038
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Cc,

    Can you use string between each roof brace to hold the insulation in place? That way youd only have to hold the 1/4 wood with one hand.
    Thought about doing something like that. We'll see how it works out.

  39. #34039
    gml

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  40. #34040
    went to bed at like 630

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •