View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 839 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 339739789829837838839840841849889939 ... LastLast
Results 33,521 to 33,560 of 41244
    Member #
    Lil' kid basketball was fun this morning.... The kindee went up against their best 2nd grader who was nearly as tall as Court's big bro in 5th grade. Mom made him sit a 2nd time to try to get every kid a bucket and then the other team got the lead.

I realize it sounds like a Dad-bragging-thing, but it's so cool to watch a kindergardener lead his team and slow down the tempo to try to get the ball to the kids who have not yet scored. Although he helped to ensure all of them get some shots, they didn't all go... Then it got better...

So there is no clock and they don't keep score (but I do), so he knew their deficit when he got back in the game during the final stretch....Court's team was catching back up as he heard the ref doing a countdown when the ball was inbounded to him to bring up... He stopped and drained a long 3-pointer (no, they don't actually have a line, but I credit both teams unofficially for long shots) to win the game as time expired.

Jodi's team won 43-41. Court kept feeding his teammates in effort for every kid to score..... Some of those kids had no interest in shooting and kept passing to Court. He had a game-high 27 points. That was a fun lil' kid bball game .... Jodi rocks as a lil' kid bball coach and those parents sure love her .... It kinda made my Saturday

Member #
    Images
    That's awesome, Rex
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Where did Jeff run off to?
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Hes outgrown us
    He's not the only one. As much as I don't like it, the forum is running it's course.... Beyond the rest of the board, think of how many regular loons who have faded away, but maybe with occasional check-ins ..... Al, Curt, Kim, Erik, Ian, Justin, and many others....

It's a matter of time now. I don't look forward to having to get one of those books with all of those faces.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    That's awesome, Rex
    Thanks Homie, it was pretty awesome.

Member #
    Today is 4-8

There are only 3 thread in GCC that have been touched since 3-29

The last reply on the last thread on Page 1 of GCC occurred on 2-23

Since Gen 4x4 is way busier..... only 8 threads have had a reply since 3-21; The thread on the bottom of page 1 last had a reply on 1-25

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    He's not the only one. As much as I don't like it, the forum is running it's course.... Beyond the rest of the board, think of how many regular loons who have faded away, but maybe with occasional check-ins ..... Al, Curt, Kim, Erik, Ian, Justin, and many others....

It's a matter of time now. I don't look forward to having to get one of those books with all of those faces.
    You could always start a political thread.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Happy mernins. I think i have scored me an almost new weight distributing hitch setup for $75 so im gonna go buy that after church. New trailer "should" be delivered next week.

Member #
    Images
    the forum has been on the decline since the political bashing scottycards days. between the bans and the feelers hurt it caused quite a few to leave, and in turn the rest have slowly followed.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    I like paper airplanes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images

The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Preemptive strike for when donuts reads this "book of feces."
    Is a good place no matter what those that deride it say. I have reconnected with a ton old friends there that I had lost after 30 years. Now Dunkin will say "if you wanted to stay in contact you would have." Not true, with all the moves I have made and they have made you lose track of friends you wish you could find. I found my buddy from Rochester, we both learned to fly fish together in middle school. I knew he was in LA and called about 100 Timothy Charles Meyer's over the years just hoping to find him. Joined FB 7 years ago and found him in 5 minutes, he has been out to fish twice. I am not a FB evangelist but it has been good for me. You can use an anonymous user name and only friend those you wish to. As many times that you have expressed worry about losing this place you may want to try it now. You can delete you account the next or any other day. You would be surprised how many fringers are there already.

And to the rest of you that say "I will never join FB." I will say goodbye now for the one dark night when they pull the plug on this place.

Commence railing on John.

Last edited by birddog59; April 9th, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

Member #
    Images
    And thats why im glad we are friends!

I dont want to loose any of you peoples!!!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Preemptive strike for when donuts reads this "book of feces."
    Is a good place no matter what those that deride it say. I have reconnected with a ton old friends there that I had lost after 30 years. Now Dunkin will say "if you wanted to stay in contact you would have." Not true, with all the moves I have made and they have made you lose track of friends you wish you could find. I found my buddy from Rochester, we both learned to fly fish together. I knew he was in was in LA and called about 100 Timothy Charles Meyer's over the years just hoping to find him. Joined FB 7 years ago and found him in 5 minutes, he has been out to fish twice. I am not a FB evangelist but it has been good for me. You can use an anonymous user name and only friend those you wish to. As many times that you have expressed worry about losing this place you may want to try it now. You can delete you account the next or any other day. You would be surprised how many fringers are there already.

I realize that was directed in Dunkin's direction...

I've actually never had anything against the book of faces, I've just avoided joining. It will happen, and I'm guessing somewhat soon. I just know me and I'll let it occupy too much of my time at first. I know some folks who haven't never gotten out of that phase. Jodi has shared some of the benefits; I'm just glad she's not over the top about it... she'll go several days without checking in...

I remember allowing an excessive amount of time to be monopolized by the early days of JeepsUnlimited, Pirate4x4, Craigslist, and here.

We always embrace change, right?

Member #
    Images
    I have Dunkin's phone number so he is stuck with me.

Member #
    Images
    Lewns!

Member #
    Images
    Nope, it was not directed at any one individual.

Member #
    Images
    I avoided it too, until ...2006, I think it was, when I found a fraternity brother on linkedin and he wanted to connecton FB. He's a high exec at IBM, so that set it.
    I give it, cumulative, probably 5 minutes a day, on average. It really does provide a good central clearinghouse for keeping up with people you care about, and has controls to see less of those you don't - or the ones you do care about but who can't STFU. It has absolutely reached the point where staying off is "I'm not going to use that new-fangled 'postal service'. If I need to say something to somebody or hear them say something, I'll get on a canal boat and go talk to them.".
    tummy-tucked 2005 LJ rubi softtop on 1"BL/MML(for TT),3.5" SA, 35x12.5-15.
    Loon 42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I say some stupid sh!t here.

Member #
    I will never join the book of faces. Well, i say that but i already did and it took me about a month to delete the account. I do consider yall friends but if i am really friends with you and vice versa then we should probably have each others phone numbers or some other way to keep in touch other than social media. I am perfectly willing to give out my phone number to any of you regular loons. 720-839-1929. If you dont wanna post your phone number here, there is always PMs. I keep in touch with lots of people via text or phone that i havent seen in a long time. I know....its a weird concept.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Nope, it was not directed at any one individual.

I guess I kinda got that and it was a general.... That was probably just my way of saying I knew it wasn't about me or what I posted about the book of faces.

Member #
    Images
    970 878-4894

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ni0h View Post
    I avoided it too, until ...2006, I think it was, when I found a fraternity brother on linkedin and he wanted to connecton FB. He's a high exec at IBM, so that set it.
    I give it, cumulative, probably 5 minutes a day, on average. It really does provide a good central clearinghouse for keeping up with people you care about, and has controls to see less of those you don't - or the ones you do care about but who can't STFU. It has absolutely reached the point where staying off is "I'm not going to use that new-fangled 'postal service'. If I need to say something to somebody or hear them say something, I'll get on a canal boat and go talk to them.".
    I don't think refusing to use a postal-service vs a canal boat.... It's just a choice. There has never been a requirement for me to be on fb. I personally chose to avoid if for my own reasons 'till this point. I couldn't question anyone's choice to join or to not join.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I will never join the book of faces. Well, i say that but i already did and it took me about a month to delete the account. I do consider yall friends but if i am really friends with you and vice versa then we should probably have each others phone numbers or some other way to keep in touch other than social media. I am perfectly willing to give out my phone number to any of you regular loons. 720-839-1929. If you dont wanna post your phone number here, there is always PMs. I keep in touch with lots of people via text or phone that i havent seen in a long time. I know....its a weird concept.

720-318-8887

hi loons

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Any Lewns have a working, but unused, Android phone they'd be willing to part with for little to no monies?

Member #
    Images
    unused???

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    unused???
    Yes, as in currently sitting in a drawer somewhere, not BNIB

Member #
    Images
    Yes, as in currently sitting in a drawer somewhere, not BNIB
    lulz.... i was reading that as bnib.... and thinking wtf lol

Any Lewns have a working, but unused, Android phone they'd be willing to part with for little to no monies?
    oh maybe, carrier?

Member #
    Images
    9702220065vb

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    lulz.... i was reading that as bnib.... and thinking wtf lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    oh maybe, carrier?
    Doesn't matter, it's going to end up as a platform to use Torque in mah Ferd.

Member #
    Images
    Anyone wants/needs mah numba, PM me, I'm not posting it publicly because I don't trust the spammers.

Doesn't matter, it's going to end up as a platform to use Torque in mah Ferd.
    oh NVM, that's what I'm using it for 😋

Thought it was a broken phone replacement lol

Member #
    Images
    oh NVM, that's what I'm using it for 😋

Thought it was a broken phone replacement lol

Great minds and such

Great minds and such
    I do have a Nexus 5 with a shattered screen that's yours if you want lol

Member #
    Images
    Sergio for the win!

Member #
    Images
    Loons. Productive day. I'm whooped.

Member #
    Had to meet with clients today for their closets.... should've been 30 mins and was 2.5 hours.... Super-nice people, but it's tough to keep them focused and on-task. Unexpectedly, found out later that Jodi knew the wife from when they worked together at USWest.

$2M house....Completed a ton of work in the 3000 sf crawl space (dirt removal from under the steel beams and then a sealed vapor barrier), Epoxied the garage floor, painted the garage and a ton of touch up paint in the house, fixed the deck, now fix a crap-ton of other stuff and remodel the daughter's bathroom that also serves as the one guests will visit during entertainment events. At least they are 2 minutes from my house.

Due to the time of year of purchase, they didn't get a time to inspect the pool or hot tub.... I'll convert the oudoor fireplace to remote control, but don't know much about pools... I'm sure there are plenty of options for pool-guys used to working in their area.

loons
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Evenin lewns

Had a long day, the week long event that the staff nicknamed "prayer walk" got setup today after church. A lot of work had gone into it, and it looks phenomenal.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

Member #
    Images
    I do have a Nexus 5 with a shattered screen that's yours if you want lol

Definitely need a non-spidered screen

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    loons
    Hey Curt