View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 814 of 993 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 32,521 to 32,560 of 39692
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Aw, man.... The comfy sectional in my family room in front of my 70" with the ability to pause and rewind has proven to be preferable for my family.... not to mention I make a pretty inexpensive vodka/soda vs. $7 for a beer, the wife has a nice glass of wine, and I don't have to go find the place to spend $12 for dippin' dots....those knuckleheads can find a snack out of the pantry....
    I was a guest of my ex GF and everything was on the Adidas/Sprite account, made it worthwhile.

Past my bedtime, but it's been nice having some late-night phone conversations with my Dad.... He seems to enjoy it and I sure can't get that time back later. I'll take it while I can, for as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Tree fell on our house in Meeker last night. Not much damage but it scared the sh#t out of Laurel as the impact was directly over the bed.
    Ouch!

Good first day of setup in Anaheim.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

Member #
    We made it to 80 but it doesnt really feel like it because it stayed overcast all day and even though what wind we have is out of the south, its cool which is weird. Supposed to be sunny the rest of the week though for the most part so hopefully somebody will get in the mood to buy a boat.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    I was a guest of my ex GF and everything was on the Adidas/Sprite account, made it worthwhile.
    That's a big part of going to sporting events.... I have friends that can occasionally offer VIP/courtside or being in a suite. I'll go in those situations, but I just don't simply enjoy it otherwise.... Crowded seats, tough to see, language around, etc.

I go to way too many of my kids' sporting events (which I do usually enjoy) for <close to> free .... to go to other ones I don't enjoy and cost way too much $$

Member #
    Images
    Loons

Member #
    Images
    Going to look at new puppies tomorrow.
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

ooooo
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Do you not usually raise your own? Either way, ya gotta love some puppies.

Member #
    Niece thing was texting a bit a go because there was a police chase that ended about a mile and a half from her house and the dude bailed out of the car and ran into the forest. A while later, she looked out a window and saw eyes and almost unloaded but then realized it was their stupid cat. She hates it almost as much as i hate cats so im kinda surprised that she didnt go ahead and do away with it when she had an excuse. I guess having to replace a big window slowed her judgement.

Member #
    Images
    Lewns, dessert made more funner with liquid nitrogen is moar funner.

Member #
    Images
    Came home today in a most excellent Blizzard.. got almost all the way over monarch befor the sun was totally gone.. gunnisson valley was awesome!... Thick black ice! Total white out to the tune of bein able to crawl at an almost stopped speed! I was trying to stay on the rubble strips!!! Amost two hours to get from monarch to gunnisson and not a soul caught up to me!!! Saw maybe 5 cars and a plow going the other way.. two plows working monarch and i think the were loosing the battle..

I stopped in the middle of the road once to adjust my fog lights. The wind skitched me across the road!

Twas an amazing trip!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Sounds like it took a couple years off your life, Vern, glad you made it safe.

Night lewns.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Came home today in a most excellent Blizzard.. got almost all the way over monarch befor the sun was totally gone.. gunnisson valley was awesome!... Thick black ice! Total white out to the tune of bein able to crawl at an almost stopped speed! I was trying to stay on the rubble strips!!! Amost two hours to get from monarch to gunnisson and not a soul caught up to me!!! Saw maybe 5 cars and a plow going the other way.. two plows working monarch and i think the were loosing the battle..

I stopped in the middle of the road once to adjust my fog lights. The wind skitched me across the road!

Twas an amazing trip!
    Well THAT sucks.

Member #
    Happy Tuesday mernins.

Member #
    Images
    Loons.

Member #
    Mournin lewns
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Well THAT sucks.

Took a bit longer than normal but was a great trip!

Member #
    Images

Twas an amazing trip!
    Those are fun once in a while. When I was a kid they'd say a blizzard was coming and I'd get excited. Grab the tow ropes and chains and head for the hills to play. I learned really well how to drive in that stuff and it's been incredibly useful in my profession as a professional tourist (truck driver).

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Those are fun once in a while. When I was a kid they'd say a blizzard was coming and I'd get excited. Grab the tow ropes and chains and head for the hills to play. I learned really well how to drive in that stuff and it's been incredibly useful in my profession as a professional tourist (truck driver).
    Ive never outgrown that!!!!

Member #
    Images
    Ive never outgrown that!!!!
    Me either....

Member #
    Images
    Mornin lewns!

Member #
    Images
    Uuuuuurgh
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Sunny and 40 on the way to 53 ..... Looks to be mid 60's to low 70s next several days

Member #
    So, I re-did my attorney's (and good friend) house last year, and recently got a call for a huge remodel (probably $300K - $400K over 4-5 phases) for another attorney in his office with whom I'm currently consulting for design. My biz partner emails me last night to meet him today at another attorney's house from the firm for a much smaller remodel. I look at the address and realize it is 2 doors down from a house I flipped a couple of years ago.

Guess I won't have to plug that one into my Navigation...

hi loons

Member #
    Images
    So, I re-did my attorney's (and good friend) house last year, and recently got a call for a huge remodel (probably $300K - $400K over 4-5 phases) for another attorney in his office with whom I'm currently consulting for design. My biz partner emails me last night to meet him today at another attorney's house from the firm for a much smaller remodel. I look at the address and realize it is 2 doors down from a house I flipped a couple of years ago.

Guess I won't have to plug that one into my Navigation...
    Jesus...$300-400k just in remodel?
    Must be nice

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Jesus...$300-400k just in remodel?
    Must be nice
    Huge house.... $100K or so toward adding some indoor/outdoor living with some big paver patios, outdoor fireplace, outdoor kitchen, etc.

I'm definitely not doing the remodel I looked at today.... Those people were all over the place.

Member #
    Had to cross-post this just because....

Member #
    Got a call from my mold remediation guy who also does cleanup in hoarder homes and in houses following murders / suicides .... He asked if I'd be interested in buying a house in Aurora where he was meeting the family and then doing some cleanup where a guy murdered his wife and then off'd himself. When the police dept. called him, they described it as pretty gruesome. I have no idea how my buddy does it.

Pretty sad.... Dunno if they had kids. Guess the family wants the house gone in a hurry. Curious to see if anything is on the news. I should've asked him if he got that call today or yesterday....

Member #
    Afternoon lewns

Tough day, changing out projectors to a newer brighter model. Also needed to flip the mounts right side up because the previous install was upside-down. Too many unknowns cost me a lot of time today.

Member #
    Images
    Got a call from my mold remediation guy who also does cleanup in hoarder homes and in houses following murders / suicides .... He asked if I'd be interested in buying a house in Aurora where he was meeting the family and then doing some cleanup where a guy murdered his wife and then off'd himself. When the police dept. called him, they described it as pretty gruesome. I have no idea how my buddy does it.

Pretty sad.... Dunno if they had kids. Guess the family wants the house gone in a hurry. Curious to see if anything is on the news. I should've asked him if he got that call today or yesterday....
    Im not sure that I'd ever ask too many questions about the need for the clean up...

Member #

Member #
    Im not sure that I'd ever ask too many questions about the need for the clean up...
    I'm not sure if I'm following you, as I'm pretty sure what the need was. He cleans up some pretty nasty stuff. His stories make me cringe...

Member #
    Images
    Loons. If I make it through tomorrow without shooting one of my troops in the face it'll be a miracle. If I can keep it to a throat punch I think it would only result in a verbal counseling.

Member #
    Lulz.

Member #
    Had quite the traffic jam this eve on the way home. I was nearing road rage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

Member #
    Images

The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

I do sometimes breed my own pups Allen, but there is not a large market for bird dogs in CO. Did a lot more breeding when I was in MT. I bought these three 8 month old pups today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    I'm not sure if I'm following you, as I'm pretty sure what the need was. He cleans up some pretty nasty stuff. His stories make me cringe...
    I think all id like to know is that the place needs to be cleaned.. not the how it became a mess

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Lulz.
    That kid faced a double-edged sword... Came home crying with no-body's kick-scooter in hand while covered in wet concrete and heard.... "What the hell Jacob?"

That had to be funny.
    Last edited by Rex Ashton; March 7th, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Good looking pups John!