View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 38.71%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    3 9.68%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    7 22.58%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    8 25.81%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 22.58%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 19.35%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 29.03%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 814 of 993 FirstFirst ... 314714764804812813814815816824864914 ... LastLast
Results 32,521 to 32,560 of 39692
  1. #32521
    Camp Cook Geek cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Aw, man.... The comfy sectional in my family room in front of my 70" with the ability to pause and rewind has proven to be preferable for my family.... not to mention I make a pretty inexpensive vodka/soda vs. $7 for a beer, the wife has a nice glass of wine, and I don't have to go find the place to spend $12 for dippin' dots....those knuckleheads can find a snack out of the pantry....
    I was a guest of my ex GF and everything was on the Adidas/Sprite account, made it worthwhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Past my bedtime, but it's been nice having some late-night phone conversations with my Dad.... He seems to enjoy it and I sure can't get that time back later. I'll take it while I can, for as long as I can.


    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Tree fell on our house in Meeker last night. Not much damage but it scared the sh#t out of Laurel as the impact was directly over the bed.
    Ouch!




    Good first day of setup in Anaheim.
    "Blow and Hookers can change the World. - Gags
    Quote Originally Posted by scottycards View Post
    MJ has no lethal dose. You might crawl under your couch and eat M&M's all day if you get too high, but it ain't gonna kill you.

  2. #32522
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    We made it to 80 but it doesnt really feel like it because it stayed overcast all day and even though what wind we have is out of the south, its cool which is weird. Supposed to be sunny the rest of the week though for the most part so hopefully somebody will get in the mood to buy a boat.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  3. #32523
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    I was a guest of my ex GF and everything was on the Adidas/Sprite account, made it worthwhile.
    That's a big part of going to sporting events.... I have friends that can occasionally offer VIP/courtside or being in a suite. I'll go in those situations, but I just don't simply enjoy it otherwise.... Crowded seats, tough to see, language around, etc.

    I go to way too many of my kids' sporting events (which I do usually enjoy) for <close to> free .... to go to other ones I don't enjoy and cost way too much $$

  4. #32524
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons

  5. #32525
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    Going to look at new puppies tomorrow.
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

  6. #32526
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Going to look at new puppies tomorrow.
    ooooo
    break, fix, repeat

  7. #32527
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Going to look at new puppies tomorrow.
    Do you not usually raise your own? Either way, ya gotta love some puppies.

  8. #32528
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Niece thing was texting a bit a go because there was a police chase that ended about a mile and a half from her house and the dude bailed out of the car and ran into the forest. A while later, she looked out a window and saw eyes and almost unloaded but then realized it was their stupid cat. She hates it almost as much as i hate cats so im kinda surprised that she didnt go ahead and do away with it when she had an excuse. I guess having to replace a big window slowed her judgement.

  9. #32529
    Camp Cook Geek cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Lewns, dessert made more funner with liquid nitrogen is moar funner.

  10. #32530
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Came home today in a most excellent Blizzard.. got almost all the way over monarch befor the sun was totally gone.. gunnisson valley was awesome!... Thick black ice! Total white out to the tune of bein able to crawl at an almost stopped speed! I was trying to stay on the rubble strips!!! Amost two hours to get from monarch to gunnisson and not a soul caught up to me!!! Saw maybe 5 cars and a plow going the other way.. two plows working monarch and i think the were loosing the battle..

    I stopped in the middle of the road once to adjust my fog lights. The wind skitched me across the road!

    Twas an amazing trip!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

  11. #32531
    Camp Cook Geek cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Sounds like it took a couple years off your life, Vern, glad you made it safe.



    Night lewns.

  12. #32532
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Came home today in a most excellent Blizzard.. got almost all the way over monarch befor the sun was totally gone.. gunnisson valley was awesome!... Thick black ice! Total white out to the tune of bein able to crawl at an almost stopped speed! I was trying to stay on the rubble strips!!! Amost two hours to get from monarch to gunnisson and not a soul caught up to me!!! Saw maybe 5 cars and a plow going the other way.. two plows working monarch and i think the were loosing the battle..

    I stopped in the middle of the road once to adjust my fog lights. The wind skitched me across the road!

    Twas an amazing trip!
    Well THAT sucks.

  13. #32533
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy Tuesday mernins.

  14. #32534
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons.

  15. #32535
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    behind the rock
    Member #
    7400
    Mournin lewns
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

  16. #32536
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Well THAT sucks.

    Took a bit longer than normal but was a great trip!

  17. #32537
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Came home today in a most excellent Blizzard.. got almost all the way over monarch befor the sun was totally gone.. gunnisson valley was awesome!... Thick black ice! Total white out to the tune of bein able to crawl at an almost stopped speed! I was trying to stay on the rubble strips!!! Amost two hours to get from monarch to gunnisson and not a soul caught up to me!!! Saw maybe 5 cars and a plow going the other way.. two plows working monarch and i think the were loosing the battle..

    I stopped in the middle of the road once to adjust my fog lights. The wind skitched me across the road!

    Twas an amazing trip!
    Those are fun once in a while. When I was a kid they'd say a blizzard was coming and I'd get excited. Grab the tow ropes and chains and head for the hills to play. I learned really well how to drive in that stuff and it's been incredibly useful in my profession as a professional tourist (truck driver).

  18. #32538
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Those are fun once in a while. When I was a kid they'd say a blizzard was coming and I'd get excited. Grab the tow ropes and chains and head for the hills to play. I learned really well how to drive in that stuff and it's been incredibly useful in my profession as a professional tourist (truck driver).
    Ive never outgrown that!!!!

  19. #32539
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Ive never outgrown that!!!!
    Me either....

  20. #32540
    Camp Cook Geek cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Mornin lewns!

  21. #32541
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    50
    Uuuuuurgh
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

  22. #32542
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Sunny and 40 on the way to 53 ..... Looks to be mid 60's to low 70s next several days

  23. #32543
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    So, I re-did my attorney's (and good friend) house last year, and recently got a call for a huge remodel (probably $300K - $400K over 4-5 phases) for another attorney in his office with whom I'm currently consulting for design. My biz partner emails me last night to meet him today at another attorney's house from the firm for a much smaller remodel. I look at the address and realize it is 2 doors down from a house I flipped a couple of years ago.

    Guess I won't have to plug that one into my Navigation...

  24. #32544
    hi loons

  25. #32545
    Camp Cook Geek cheftyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Member #
    8454
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    So, I re-did my attorney's (and good friend) house last year, and recently got a call for a huge remodel (probably $300K - $400K over 4-5 phases) for another attorney in his office with whom I'm currently consulting for design. My biz partner emails me last night to meet him today at another attorney's house from the firm for a much smaller remodel. I look at the address and realize it is 2 doors down from a house I flipped a couple of years ago.

    Guess I won't have to plug that one into my Navigation...
    Jesus...$300-400k just in remodel?
    Must be nice

  26. #32546
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by cheftyler View Post
    Jesus...$300-400k just in remodel?
    Must be nice
    Huge house.... $100K or so toward adding some indoor/outdoor living with some big paver patios, outdoor fireplace, outdoor kitchen, etc.

    I'm definitely not doing the remodel I looked at today.... Those people were all over the place.

  27. #32547
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Had to cross-post this just because....


  28. #32548
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Got a call from my mold remediation guy who also does cleanup in hoarder homes and in houses following murders / suicides .... He asked if I'd be interested in buying a house in Aurora where he was meeting the family and then doing some cleanup where a guy murdered his wife and then off'd himself. When the police dept. called him, they described it as pretty gruesome. I have no idea how my buddy does it.

    Pretty sad.... Dunno if they had kids. Guess the family wants the house gone in a hurry. Curious to see if anything is on the news. I should've asked him if he got that call today or yesterday....

  29. #32549
    Scott91MJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    behind the rock
    Member #
    7400
    Afternoon lewns

    Tough day, changing out projectors to a newer brighter model. Also needed to flip the mounts right side up because the previous install was upside-down. Too many unknowns cost me a lot of time today.

  30. #32550
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Got a call from my mold remediation guy who also does cleanup in hoarder homes and in houses following murders / suicides .... He asked if I'd be interested in buying a house in Aurora where he was meeting the family and then doing some cleanup where a guy murdered his wife and then off'd himself. When the police dept. called him, they described it as pretty gruesome. I have no idea how my buddy does it.

    Pretty sad.... Dunno if they had kids. Guess the family wants the house gone in a hurry. Curious to see if anything is on the news. I should've asked him if he got that call today or yesterday....
    Im not sure that I'd ever ask too many questions about the need for the clean up...

  31. #32551
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  32. #32552
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Im not sure that I'd ever ask too many questions about the need for the clean up...
    I'm not sure if I'm following you, as I'm pretty sure what the need was. He cleans up some pretty nasty stuff. His stories make me cringe...

  33. #32553
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Loons. If I make it through tomorrow without shooting one of my troops in the face it'll be a miracle. If I can keep it to a throat punch I think it would only result in a verbal counseling.

  34. #32554
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Lulz.

  35. #32555
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Had quite the traffic jam this eve on the way home. I was nearing road rage.


    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

  36. #32556
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41





  37. #32557
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41

    The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

    I do sometimes breed my own pups Allen, but there is not a large market for bird dogs in CO. Did a lot more breeding when I was in MT. I bought these three 8 month old pups today.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #32558
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm following you, as I'm pretty sure what the need was. He cleans up some pretty nasty stuff. His stories make me cringe...
    I think all id like to know is that the place needs to be cleaned.. not the how it became a mess

  39. #32559
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Lulz.
    That kid faced a double-edged sword... Came home crying with no-body's kick-scooter in hand while covered in wet concrete and heard.... "What the hell Jacob?"

    That had to be funny.
    Last edited by Rex Ashton; March 7th, 2017 at 09:25 PM.

  40. #32560
    chester70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manitou Springs
    Member #
    7150
    Images
    1
    Good looking pups John!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •