View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1985 of 2002 FirstFirst ... 9851485188519351975198319841985198619871995 ... LastLast
Results 79,361 to 79,400 of 80046

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I don't even head out to the the dunes without my 5 point harness sinched up tight.
    Yup, they are dangerous machines, always in the 5 point and a brain bucket.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    12:30 today, be here or be square, boxes will be moved.

Member #
    Sadurdee again. Skeet shooting this mernin. ATV rodeo thing this afternoon and another poker run tonight.

63 going to 95.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Some drunk kid hit my truck last night after i was asleep so I'm gonna have to go down there and find him. I'm not mad yet but it will get paid for. Hope he has insurance. We are all good friends with the under sheriff here so I'll let him handle it if the kid doesn't.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Yup, they are dangerous machines, always in the 5 point and a brain bucket.
    I don't wear a brain bucket but probably should if I actually cared if I lived or died but if have my harnesses cinched down tight, my head can't hit anything unless it comes through the cage. I feel like if I was going to go to the extreme of wearing a helmet that I would also go with a Hans device because there more of a chance of neck injury than head injury.

Member #
    There were 2 rollovers during the rodeo. I was not one of them but I sucked at it. Nobody was hurt.

Member #
    There were 2 rollovers during the rodeo. I was not one of them but I sucked at it. Nobody was hurt.
    Time to move up to the old guy division?
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Time to move up to the old guy division?
    They need to offer that.

Member #
    I found a lil hog snake that was super friendly. Jordan stole him from me and wants to keep him but here mom isn't super excited about it.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Sadurdee again. Not real sure what all is on the agenda for today. Probably some dune riding and a lot of cornhole and horse shoe throwing.

Member #
    Thanks to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy this weekend.

Thanks to all who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy this weekend.
    Definitely a thank you to all of them! I greatly appreciate the ultimate sacrifice so i can enjoy my freedom

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Found this thread on Twitter from Voodoo 6 von Inyanga and appreciated the thoughts:

Memorial Day ��
    1. Every year that we live our lives, we move inexorably further from the memory of the friends we lost on the battlefield. Over the years the smell of the nitrate will be less bitter, the heat radiating from the flames will be less apparent on your skin,
    2. and the sounds and concussion of the explosions and the screams will fade into the recesses of your memory. This is natural, it is a part of how living works. It does not betray their memory to move on to a better place in your life. Those fortunate
    3. (or unfortunate, some of them could be real assholes) to have known them in life and more fortunate to have fought beside them will forever carry a part of them with us. The most fortunate of us knelt by some them as they died, and will never only need one day to remember them
    4. This is a privilege. It is not a burden although at times it might feel unbearably heavy. You carry that memory of them as part of you. You are living for two (or three or thirteen). So live damn it. Hold nothing back. Party as hard as they would if they could wrap their hands
    5. around another beer (or vodka for Shukvani). Love as deeply as they would if they could hold their loved ones again. Don’t waste your time scolding others on the internet about how they should remember the dead.
    6. They don’t know what you know, and your brothers died to ensure they never learned what you know. Party hard, pay your tribute to them and bask in the freedom that they paid for with their lives, and make the world the type of place they would want to live in.
    7. Try to live the life you would have expected the dead to live if your number had come up and not theirs.
    If you are struggling, send me a message and we'll talk. I can not promise it will make you feel any better, but give me a call, I'll fly with ya.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    Found another short piece from Mike von Stueben:

It’s Memorial Day. This morning I went to the local war monument and read every name that was engraved there. There were a couple hundred names, so it took me a while. And while I could have paid my respects with a few somber minutes of silence, reading the names of the fallen has a special meaning to me.

When we die, we leave this world for the next one and the light that is our life goes out. But when you die, you aren’t truly dead yet. The word “immortal” comes from the Latin word “immortalis.” Immortalis has two meanings, the first being “deathless, undying.” The second meaning, however, is “destined to endure forever, never to be forgotten”

When our body dies, we live on in the memory of those who knew us. Every time someone tells a story about us, the light of our life flares up again, though but for a minute. Eventually, however, those who knew us will die as well, taking their memories to the grave with them. In the end, when all memories of us have faded, all that remains of us is our names.

A name is a sacred thing. Your name is yours and yours alone. Your name is tied to the memories of you in the minds of others, and is a key part of your very being. So when all memory of you has faded and the stories of your life cease to be retold, the only way you can live again is when someone reads your name.

This is why we honor our war dead with monuments. Those who fall in battle have given us everything they were and could have been. They have sacrificed their lives for us, and as a small token of our gratitude, we seek to repay a small piece of the life that they gave. Thus we carve their names in stone so that every time someone passes that stone and reads their names, the light of their lives twinkles for a moment. It is all the immortalis that we as mortal men can bestow.

So the next time you visit a military cemetery or pass by a war monument, take a moment to stop and read a few of the names in stone. In so doing you will ignite a spark of life in the names you read, and for a moment, they will live once again.

Link: https://www.americanpartisan.org/202...stone-by-mike/

Member #
    Two RZRs in our group broke belts in last night's poker run. I'm glad I am not propelled by a rubber band.

Member #
    Everyone from Colorado brought your permatoenader with them today. This is ridiculous.

Member #
    One more:

If you are able, save them a place inside you

And save one backward glance when you are leaving

For the places they can no longer go.

Be not ashamed to say you loved them,

Though you may, or may not have always.

Take what they have left, or what they have taught you

With their dying, and keep it as your own.

And in that time when men decide, or feel safe,

To call the war insane, take one moment

To embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

- Maj. Michael Davis O'Donnell

KIA, Cambodia, March 1970

Member #
    I will run on people who are missing heads or whatever, no problem. If somebody is in this porta crapper, sorry dude. I can't help you.

Member #
    Monday #2

45 ===> 60 with rain likely this afternoon.

Seems fitting for a Monday.

Good morning
    Daughter is having surgery on her leg again for the scar tissue.

Member #
    Sadurdee. 52 heading to 80.

More stuff today and hopefully yalls permatoenader went back home.

Member #
    I think this is going to be a work day. We are trying to get reflectors put on all of the fence poles around our 42 acre campground so nobody runs through the fence if playing on our small dunes at night. We are directly across the highway from the actual sand park put we like to go romp around on this area sometimes.

Member #
    Tuesday masquerading as Monday sure got it right. Was definitely a Monday.

Definitely was more like a Monday. Car wash too the plastic cover off my mirror. Found out my cpa messed up my taxes and I owe another 2+k. Received a letter stating I was denied for a card I never applied for because I have no credit history, so I have started fraud and identity theft investigation on that ... and some other things. On the plus side my daughter's surgery went well today so I can't really complain

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Definitely was more like a Monday. Car wash too the plastic cover off my mirror. Found out my cpa messed up my taxes and I owe another 2+k. Received a letter stating I was denied for a card I never applied for because I have no credit history, so I have started fraud and identity theft investigation on that ... and some other things. On the plus side my daughter's surgery went well today so I can't really complain

That's the way to look on the bright side.

Member #
    Sadurdee.

Time to head home. It sounds like the permanado is back. I hope I don't have to buck it all the way home.

Member #
    Rainy day.

35 ===> 50ish

At least the Avs won last night.

So I took my foster pup in to get spayed this morning. A few hours later I received this text from the vet...

Hello - Iris is waking from anesthesia currently. We will need to have her back in several weeks for surgery as she has both a misshapen uterus and testicle deep in her abdomen (she is hermaphrodite). These surgeries can be long and complicated and unfortunately we have three other surgeries to get through this morning. We will give another update after she has had some time to recover but she was unable to be sterilized appropriately today.

WTF!?!?! She was supposed to be an quick easy foster that should have been off to a forever home this weekend

Member #
    So I took my foster pup in to get spayed this morning. A few hours later I received this text from the vet...

Hello - Iris is waking from anesthesia currently. We will need to have her back in several weeks for surgery as she has both a misshapen uterus and testicle deep in her abdomen (she is hermaphrodite). These surgeries can be long and complicated and unfortunately we have three other surgeries to get through this morning. We will give another update after she has had some time to recover but she was unable to be sterilized appropriately today.

WTF!?!?! She was supposed to be an quick easy foster that should have been off to a forever home this weekend

Things are never as quick and easy as they are made out to be....although I'm not sure what those items have to do with her being spayed. Interesting.

Member #
    Home. It's nice to be permatoenader free but now I have a bunch of unloading and cleaning to do.

Member #
    Day 1 of hurricane season. I didn’t see one but I will keep an eye out.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Day 1 of hurricane season. I didn’t see one but I will keep an eye out.
    It's here. Sun was shining till about an hour ago. I'm at the car was cleaning up the enclosed trailer and it's suddenly turd floating on my truck sticking out of the car wash. I guess I won't be mowing tomorrow.

Member #
    Only got 3/4 of an inch but it only took about 20 minutes so streets were pretty flooded on the way home from the carwash. I was able to go ahead and get the trailer back inside the fence where it lives so there's that.

Supposed to be more of them through the night and maybe tomorrow so I may need to borrow a hay cutter by the time my lawn dries out enough to cut.

Member #
    Friday eve.

45 ===> 70

with sunshine....and wind.

Member #
    Sundee I reckon. 66 going for 80. There were a few big thunderboomers that rolled through overnight and one going on right now but they are supposed to clear out about noon. I need to get the "street" tires put back on the yammerhammer and wash it then wash and vacuum and dust the truck and put the performance tune back on it and everything will be back to normal from vacation.

Member #
    Scooby and Scrappy are not gonna want to go outside to pee in this.

Member #
    Looks like a total of 3 inches since I got home yesterday evening. I can hear the grass growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Things are never as quick and easy as they are made out to be....although I'm not sure what those items have to do with her being spayed. Interesting.
    It was more that I was expecting a healthy foster that would only require the minimum fostering time of 2 weeks. I tend to take pups with some issue and have them for a couple of months. It appears this little is no different in that regard.

Member #
    It was more that I was expecting a healthy foster that would only require the minimum fostering time of 2 weeks. I tend to take pups with some issue and have them for a couple of months. It appears this little is no different in that regard.

Puddydog was not happy with his human aka me fostering him home alone for a week with my mom coming over to take care of him. He will barely let me out of his sight today.

Member #
    It's sun shiney and 74. I did wash the truck even though it's gonna rain again soon most likely. I also went to the bodyshop and got an insurance quote on the damage on the truck from the kid hitting it. All it did was scuff the taillight and put a couple of small scratches on the bumper. I know a detail shop that buffs headlights could buff the scuff out and I could just touch up the scratches on the bumper and nobody would ever notice them because of where they are. I told the kids mom that I would just fix it all and she could pay me for it but she wanted to do insurance. The quote is just under $1500.00