View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1977 of 2014 FirstFirst ... 9771477187719271967197519761977197819791987 ... LastLast
Results 79,041 to 79,080 of 80550

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    Ok screw it. P trap is clean and that's as far as I'm gonna waste my time. I called my plumber and left a message which I shouldn't have done because now I'm either stuck here waiting for a call that may or may not come today or I can go ahead and load up and go fishing and have him call as soon as I launch the kayak.

If that happens, I can turn off the alarm and let him In from my phone but lots of people won't do that because they don't want to be accused of stealing schtuff or something while being in your house without you there.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    It's too beautiful of a day to sit at the house waiting for a plumber so screw it. I'm loading up and going fishing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    It's too beautiful of a day to sit at the house waiting for a plumber so screw it. I'm loading up and going fishing.
    atta boy!

Member #
    Images
    The plan is to go kayak fishing but first, I have ro deal with a clogged drain. My kitchen sink hasn't even had a slow drain issue but suddenly yesterday eve, it's stopped completely up. I'm gonna pull the p trap off qnd see if the clog is there but if not, I'm just calling the plumber. I learned my lesson on trying to unclog drains myself last time this happened. After spending over $300 on every device Lowes sells, I called the plumber that time and he came and fixed it for less than 100 bucks.
    If your sink is far from all of the other fixtures, then the line is probably just loaded down with grease. Have him come snake it, and just make sure to run more water down the drain when using the sink, or periodically fill up one side with hot water and then let it go down the drain
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    It's the day before mundee.

51 heading to 83 and partly cloudy.

6 days ...

It is so nice seeing my grandma. She is doing so much better now that there isn't the server isolation from covid. She still wants to come to Colorado and either live with me or my mom.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Big boat day.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Big boat day.
    Fishin'?

Member #
    I do not see the partly cloudy part. So far, it's all blue sky which I prefer. I do need to mower after church but I will probably be using the kayak again after that.

My grandma is all excited to be able to go to church this morning

Member #
    I usually dust and vacuum and was bedding every sundee mernin because I get up at the same time every day and church doesn't start till 10:30. Anywho...this mernin, I decided it was time to do the annual spring cleaning which adds washing winders and scrubbing baseboards and all that happy crap to the activity.

I got a start on it before church but it's once again too nice of a day to spend indoors. I've got the spare bedroom and the master bath done but I think I'll put it on pause because I wanna go be outside in the sunshine.

I do have to mow and weedereat and blow schtuff today because we have chances of thunderboomers starting after midnight and continuing for the next 4 days although once again, I'll have to see it before I believe it.

Long story short, I'm gonna do the lawn stuff and then go fishing and pick up on spring cleaning tomorrow evening when it's thunderboomering if that even happens which I doubt.

Member #
    83 and sun shiney. Gonna fish.

Member #

Number 2 and 3 number 1 went fast for picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Fishin'?
    For alcohol fishies

Member #
    Big boat starting to move. See yea Sunday probably

Member #
    We took Jodi for mother's day brunch a week early since we've learned the 3 main Sunday's to not go to brunch, which would be Mother's day, Father's day, and Easter.

... Tried Indulge in Southglenn... They have good food in general, but we were not thrilled with their brunch.

Member #
    Maybe halfway done with spring cleaning. It's amazing how much there is to clean when you get down to it. Kitchen curtains are in the dryer now and I'm gonna call it a day when they get hung back up. This crap is about the one and only time I can think of where a wife would be handy.

Member #
    Maybe halfway done with spring cleaning. It's amazing how much there is to clean when you get down to it. Kitchen curtains are in the dryer now and I'm gonna call it a day when they get hung back up. This crap is about the one and only time I can think of where a wife would be handy.
    You know they rent out cleaning ladies at like $20 an hour right? In OK it's probably only $10
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    In OK it's probably only $10

I doubt that. We can't even hire the cheapest spot at work for less than $17.00.

Member #
    Monday.

The grass is white.

Up to 1 inch of rain is possible.

35 ===> 45

This is NOT what I expected on May 2.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    62 heading to 84 with afternoon thunderboomers. Everything is green but that doesn't change the fact that it's mundee.

Member #
    Green...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Long day ...

Last Thursday night, my dad was taken to the hospital by my sister after 2 days of vomiting and dizziness and feeling like a shit sammich .... Friday, I learned from my mom he had decided to quit taking his pain pills "cold turkey" instead of decreasing from 8/day over time. So, he caused himself a trip there due to withdrawal.

Released on Saturday. He wanted to attend my mom's cancer DR appointments today, but she texted me yesterday he was still having dizziness, so wanted me to come pick them up in Aurora and take them to Englewood .... I agreed, but told her to convince Dad to stay home if he's still dizzy as I didn't need him falling while we were maneuvering her 2 appointments.

Sure enough, he fell in the bathroom last night and could not get himself up again and was in bad pain. My sister (staying with them for a few weeks) could not get him up either, so I had missed 3 calls from him and a text from my sister before I finally woke up this morning and looked at my phone. The group brain-trust over there wanted me to come and lift him up into his bed as he spent the night on his bedroom floor.

I was unpopular with my response of them needing to call 911 to have him properly transported down the stairs, into an ambulance, and transported to the hospital as I bet he broke his hip and also needs his vitals checked/monitored. Sister finally listened and stopped trying to negotiate with Dad and made the call. Yep, broken hip and has already had surgery for it .... Not sure if they pinned it, or replaced it.

Got Mom back home, sister is likely at hospital for a bit before she returns to stay with mom....

JAM .... Just Another Monday.

Member #
    BTDT and you have our prayers for you and your folks. This part of life isn't easy even when things go well.

Member #
    Sorry to hear about all that Rex. Prayers for quick healing.

Member #
    Thanks Bill and Allen ....

Surgery was delayed a bit but he's in there now .... Titanium Rod was the decision.

Member #
    Also, in case you didn't know, Farr departments will respond simply for a lift assist if someone has fallen. At least we did it often so I assume they all will.

Member #
    Pretty strong line of thunderboomers are getting closer and they are coming from the NW so the lake won't eat them before they get here. Its a really strange direction for storms to be moving.

Member #
    Pretty strong line of thunderboomers are getting closer and they are coming from the NW so the lake won't eat them before they get here. Its a really strange direction for storms to be moving.
    I just saw that line of storms making their way across OK, turds floating?
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

Member #
    Hope Allen and the rest of OK are alright.

In the meantime, the rest of us have to face Tuesday.

31 ===> 61 with moar rain this afternoon.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    I just saw that line of storms making their way across OK, turds floating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Hope Allen and the rest of OK are alright.

In the meantime, the rest of us have to face Tuesday.

31 ===> 61 with moar rain this afternoon.
    It rumbled and grumbled and rained another inch.

Kinda a craptastic looking toozdee on tap. 52 and only climbing to 72 and cloudy.

Member #
    I also have a 14 mph wind this mernin so thanks for letting part of your perma-nader escape and head southish. I appreciate it.

Member #
    I also have a 14 mph wind this mernin so thanks for letting part of your perma-nader escape and head southish. I appreciate it.
    I found out yesterday that on Friday one of our hangars lost its roof from our perma-nader winds. Luckily we were able to get all the aircraft out before any damage happened to them. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Mournin lewns

4 days....
    Get to head back to Colorado today. Been so bless to have these few days with my grandma. Even went and dove Monterey bay yesterday. Must say that was a pretty amazing experience. Definitely not looking forward to brown windy Colorado. I do miss my family and dogs though.

Rex praying for you and your family.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    I found out yesterday that on Friday one of our hangars lost its roof from our perma-nader winds. Luckily we were able to get all the aircraft out before any damage happened to them. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Mournin lewns
    If you need help with that, let me know, insurance and hangars is always complicated as they don't actually understand what goes into a building with those kind of spans

Member #
    I let the truck get too low on gas while foolishly hoping the price might start going back down. This is gonna be painful.

Member #
    $117.81 to fill up. Actually not as bad as last time. You go Joe.

Member #
    Took the Ducati on an errand for something that would fit in my jacket pocket ....Then I took it out to SE Aurora to meet client for final check on his stunning remodel where both his huge kitchen and master bath could/should be in a magazine....

They are extremely happy & thrilled and he agreed yesterday that I didn't charge quite enough as the job kept growing ... I hoped that would lead to a bonus of some sort, but nope. It's been pretty common in recent years and this one warranted it more than any other to date. Still, a cool family nonetheless ....

... It's all on me though... It's been made clear by many that I'm not charging nearly enough, and I'm realizing that more daily. Although I've already been selective on clients I take on since I'd rather work on my own flips/development projects, I need to figure out how to seek out the right client projects if I'm to continue them.

It was still a very nice ride out there and back before crappy weather returns tomorrow.

Back in Colorado

Member #
    Step one of the relocation, check. House is under contract