View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1905 of 1929 FirstFirst ... 9051405180518551895190319041905190619071915 ... LastLast
Results 76,161 to 76,200 of 77157
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    also, has anyone here been dumb enough to buy a boat? the wife unit seems to think that would be a good thing for CO, but something about snow and boats just doesn't pencil for me.
    IF I were to buy another boat I'd do it like buying a wheeling rig - buy used and go from there. Let someone else take the depreciation hit. Used boats are cheap - for a moneypit.

If I lived next door to a river like the Mississippi, or in south Louisianna with bayous, or next to the ocean, I'd have a fleet of boats. Always wanted a tugboat as a liveaboard.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

I think it would be really hard to be a mountain/ski and live in the front range unless you had a weekdays off kind of schedule. I see the traffic to and from on Fri, Sat, Sun Mon and I think that would take all the fun out of it for me.

I have 2 boats, we use them on the river only about 5-10 days each summer, but I think they cost much less than what Rich is talking about.
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Tugboat example: https://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/d/...355311875.html

850 HP

9500 gal fuel

Monday.

Again.

Member #
    Freakin' brrrrr. 63 this fridee eve morning. It hasnt been this cold in a long time.

Come on sweet, sweet summahtime!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

850 HP

9500 gal fuel
    Dang ...

Member #
    looks to get to 93 today

Member #

850 HP

9500 gal fuel
    Coming back to this ... Am I correct that you could probably buy the boat for less than the cost of filling it with fuel?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Coming back to this ... Am I correct that you could probably buy the boat for less than the cost of filling it with fuel?
    Seems like...

Member #
    Seems like...

Member #
    Living 20 minutes from a huge lake with other nice lakes not far away, i am in the best position i have ever been in to be a boat owner again. I have thought about it but doubt ill ever pull the trigger.

There is lots of fun to be had while on the lake with a boat whether it be fishing, skiing, or just riding depending on what you enjoy doing but much like trips to the sand dunes, the preparation before each trip, the cost of each trip, and the clean up and maintenence after each trip kinda deletes the fun that is had.

All kidding aside, if a guy had a family who all enjoyed boating, it would probably be worth it i guess but i dunno about in Colorado since the water temps are only warm enough to play in for such a short window of time for me at least.

You would have to go boating pretty much every weekend for the couple of months that the water temps were ok to make it worthwhile.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; September 9th, 2021 at 07:35 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post

You would have to go boating pretty much every weekend for the couple of months that the water temps were ok to make it worthwhile.
    ...I guess to this point, one of the "coolest" (literally and figuratively) lakes we have never reaches those temps. Grand Lake is too deep and narrow to really warm up.

I like it up there and have done the family weekend thing and rented a boat (before I bought mine), but still wasn't gonna splash around in the water and end up like Costanza after swimming in the pool.

Member #
    Not-So-Good Childhood story coming:

Grew up in Texas around a big lake (Cedar Creek) but didn't spend much time on it in boats until around the time of graduating high school... Guessing it had something to do with one event.

At the age of 5, my family (including aunts, uncles, and cousins) were going out on the lake in my dad's boat (and a rented one). At the boat ramp, my cousin and I needed to pee, so we jumped in the water and hung on to the dock. Meanwhile, an older drunk guy was trying to get his boat started after unloading at the ramp.

His boat slowly drifted around pointing toward me and my cousin. His boat finally started and was in gear @ full throttle. It launched and crushed my cousin's skull against the dock about 8' away from me. As someone pulled me out of the water, I watched our uncle pull Sabrina's lifeless body out of the water. She was 4.

10 more seconds of his boat drifting before it started, and it would've been pointed at me. My dad sold his boat and I was never on one again until I was a senior in high school.

I grew up with her 2 siblings much as my own. They pretty much lived at my house (1 at a time) during summers.

It took a while, but I do love boats and find myself poking around every so often on CL purely out of curiousity ... I'm pretty confident I won't pull the trigger in a moment of weakness while living where I do.

Member #

850 HP

9500 gal fuel
    Bill,

If you go after this tugboat, your initial offer should be really low since it's missing an outlet cover

Worth reading, just for the pictures: http://www.adventuretransformations....ry-small-boat/

I bet it would be fun to run around on....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Lulz, i am not going to quote all of the boat adventure stuff, as that would be like 2 pages worth of quotes and pretty sure that would break the boards...

The wifes brothers have boats, but they also live in UT, which is much more lake friendly IMO. Living in Westminster, we had access to Standley for a ridiculous permit fee, but they shut it down completely due to fear over getting some mussel infestation. It doesn't look like that is going to change anytime soon either. I feel like the water is colder in CO than would be desirable for skiing and such. She seems to think it will be fine, so I am sure I will be looking for boat storage soon.... ugh

I am trying to find something cool to do for projects as this unit turn stuff is already wearing on me, but also its hard to pass up paying the bills too....
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    I sure would have fun remodeling and flipping boats, but just not confident about the $300K price tag they would need to fetch when I was done.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    I feel like the water is colder in CO than would be desirable for skiing and such. She seems to think it will be fine, so I am sure I will be looking for boat storage soon.... ugh

I am trying to find something cool to do for projects as this unit turn stuff is already wearing on me, but also its hard to pass up paying the bills too....
    I know where you can find a 74' tugboat that needs an outlet cover. If the tank is over half-full, it's a smokin' deal.

Member #
    Time to mow the lawn n stuff i reckon.

wow, just wow

Member #
    Happy fridee. For a week that was a day short, it took long enough to get here.

Member #
    looks to get to 95 today

Member #
    Images
    I know where you can find a 74' tugboat that needs an outlet cover. If the tank is over half-full, it's a smokin' deal.
    LULZ, yeah, i don't think there is anything big enough here to even turn around a boat that size lol

97 in OKC today, just finished walking a giant complex for a client, it amazes me how some people can live, my #2 almost lost her breakfast in one of the units.

I have seen a boat just like that running around pueblo

Pueblo was under water???

Hey now... we have one of the largest lakes in the state

Just out of curiosity.... who started the

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Just out of curiosity.... who started the

A dude named Shigetaka Kurita invented the emoji.

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/em...ual/index.html

Member #
    Happy sadurdee.

Gotta get the trailer out of the back yard and pull it around to the driveway and fix the damage from the blowout today. The tire tread wrapped around behind the hub and of course ripped all of the brake wiring apart. It was still mostly dark when i changed the tire so i didnt inspect it real good but i am hoping that it didnt pull the wiring loose inside the drum but we'll see i guess. If it did, it did and will give me a reason to go ahead and back wheel bearings while im at it.

I did get lucky in that it didnt damage the fender but it does have some black smeared on the outside of the fender. Does anyone have any ideas on how to clean smeared rubber off of stainless steel?

Member #
    After i get that done, ill haul the trailer to the car wash and get it shined up then poke it back in the back yard followed finally by going and dusting the truck which didnt really get dirty other than the 24,874 grasshoppers that splattered all over the front on the way home. After the truck is dusted, i will finally be done with vacation cleanup.

Oh wait, i just remembered that i still need to swap sand tarrs for regular tarrs on the yammerhammer.

I guess ill try to get that done as well.

Member #
    Google says to use WD40 to remove melted tire rubber from paint so i guess ill try that.

Member #
    a bit out of my budget

Member #
    a bit out of my budget
    All ya gotta do is put your name on a few pieces of paper and they give it to you.

Member #
    Soooo..... trailer brake wiring is repaired and bearings greased. I went from there to trying to clean the rubber off of the stainless fender as well as some of the actual stainless trailer side where the tire had slapped. It did ripple the side just a little bit but not bad and still consider myself lucky that it didnt just rip the whole fender off.

Anyway, i started cleaning the rubber off as google instructed and at first, i was like hell yeah but it was taking some scrubbing and the longer i cleaned areas, the more halfassed i was getting because i was tired of scrubbing. My boss came over to borrow some target arrows so we came in the house to get them and on the way back through the garage, mah eyeballs fixated on a can of Goof Off on the shelf.

I decided wth and grabbed it and went back to the trailer, sprayed it on all of the infected areas and let it set, ya know....for a good 10 seconds and the majority of the rubber came off in one swipe. All the rest of it was gone in under a minute.

Goof Off is awesome stuff is what im saying here. A guy could have saved 45 minutes or so if he had grabbed it to begin with instead of wd40.

Off to the car wash to dust up the trailer now then shove it back in the back yard. All i will lack after that is swapping tarrs on the yammerhammer and dusting 38,000 squished grasshoppers off of the truck.

Speaking of squished grasshoppers, how can you drive that far one way and get there with a dust free truck with very few lil bugs squished but come back from said destination and just get clobbered with grasshoppers? I dunno...

Member #
    ^^ yeah goof off or lighter fluid better than wd40 for that kinda stuff