View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1880 of 2003 FirstFirst ... 880138017801830187018781879188018811882189019301980 ... LastLast
Results 75,161 to 75,200 of 80111

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    Xtra VOTD:

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
    2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Did I miss an opportunity to obtain freedom seed planters somewhere?
    Evidently.

My niece things dad who was retired air force and a professional competition shooter died a few months ago and had ~400 guns and lots of ammo etc that they are liquidating.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Well, i was actually sleeping well until the famous "chirp" started sounding off at its typical 2-3 o'clock in the morning. After spending 20 minutes trying to figure out which one of the voice throwing little bass turds (smoke detector) was the guilty party and replacing the battery, im now hopefully going back to sleep.

Member #
    Well i got back to sleep...ish.

Happy fridee eve mernin thing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Well i got back to sleep...ish.
    Can't help ya with a chirper smokie, but me likey these for the sleep evasion ... I also liked the ones Ian recommended, but I've landed on these ... I can find them at WallyWorld, Target and King Soopers here... Jodi found the larger quantity (70?) at the Target by her office....

https://www.target.com/p/olly-extra-...t/-/A-78296943

Member #
    Images
    Evidently.

My niece things dad who was retired air force and a professional competition shooter died a few months ago and had ~400 guns and lots of ammo etc that they are liquidating.
    I remember reading about that, but must have missed all of the for sale posts here to help liquidate lol

Anything interesting left?
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    And round trips to the Atlantic coast are back.
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    And round trips to the Atlantic coast are back.
    I thought you were already in Florida? From here that looks like the Atlantic coast....

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    I wanted to go kayak fishing this eve but had a couple things to do after work that would have limited my time on the water so i decided to go burn some powder instead since i hadnt done that in a while. I also decided to burn only .22s. I bet its been almost 20 years since i have shot a .22 so i gathered up my recently acquired Ruger Mark II Target with Houge grips, aftermarket trigger, compensator, and C-More red dot that i got from the niece thing as we as the first firearm that i ever shot back when i was probably 8 or 9 years old which is a Remington 550-1 rifle that i got after my dad died but i hadnt shot yet and they were both a blast to shoot.

Even though i also picked up a couple thousand rounds of .22 also from the niece thing, i took my old brick of 500 rounds of .22 that i have had for "a few years" that still has the price tag of less than 6 bucks on it and they performed flawlessly.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Can't help ya with a chirper smokie, but me likey these for the sleep evasion ... I also liked the ones Ian recommended, but I've landed on these ... I can find them at WallyWorld, Target and King Soopers here... Jodi found the larger quantity (70?) at the Target by her office....

https://www.target.com/p/olly-extra-...t/-/A-78296943
    You sent me that idea a while back and i need to try them. Sadly, purchasing stuff to possibly help you sleep is much like replacing windshield wipers on your truck. The only time that you remember you need to do that is when its raining.

Member #
    That is a cool truck much like the last one you linked and is cheap enough, a person could afford to do something with it. Unfortunately, the deal breaker much like the last one is the cost of transporting it here.

Keep posting them though. There might end up being one that i cant live without.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    I remember reading about that, but must have missed all of the for sale posts here to help liquidate lol

Anything interesting left?
    There is a LOT left. She found a partial list of stuff but while rummaging though safes and nooks and crannies found that its no where near complete but the list is what everyone has been going off of for now. Her dad lived a couple hours away from her so my nephew and her have been just going down there every 2 or 3 weekends and finding things that people have told them they want or at least want to look at that is on the current list but havent had that much time to mess with it because they are also having to deal with all of the other stuff because her mom isnt really capable of handling it herself.

I havent published the list o' stuff here or even offered to because i sent the list to my best friend in Colorado and there were 5 or 6 pew pews that he wanted to buy and she said no. Because its her moms estate, she is making sure it is all done right and she isnt willing to go through the Colorado BS of having to have a background check done on each sell. Thanks governor chickenfawker....

If you have a legal addy outside of Colorado, you can let me know and i will send you the list but otherwise, you are off limits. Sorry.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; June 11th, 2021 at 05:52 AM.

Member #
    Happy fridee.

Member #
    VOTD a day late:

For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish.
    Jeremiah 31:25

Member #
    66 now looking for 81

97 yesterday was pretty darn warm

looks like 90 tomorrow

Member #
    Different not having Trey around ... 2-night basketball camp staying in the dorms up at UNC in Greeley ... 2 games yesterday, 3 today, 1 tomorrow morning and then we can go get him...

Court has 2 games tomorrow afternoon in Parker and at least 2 in Superior on Sunday. That defines my weekend.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Guess it's tick season. Came in from work last night and got ready to take a shower. And just just before I got in, I felt a pinch on my stomach. My immediate reaction was to look at what bit me and pull it off of myself. It was one of the largest ticks I have ever seen. It left a nice small bump/welt even. Thought it was odd as I hadn't been through any grass or trees. Literally worked all day from 7am to 2am except for a short trip to pick up more meds from the vet. But that was at around noon and the tick incident was about 2 or 230am. So not sure where I picked it up from. I did check the dog throughly and no signs of any.

Member #
    That is a cool truck much like the last one you linked and is cheap enough, a person could afford to do something with it. Unfortunately, the deal breaker much like the last one is the cost of transporting it here.

Keep posting them though. There might end up being one that i cant live without.
    That one is cool and cheap enough so just negotiate on the transport cost

Montrose is far, but CO Springs is close enough ... I'd go check it out for you if you think you would actually pull the trigger. I'd take pics and video. The guy needs to put a driveshaft in it though so we get the truck down the road and back.

Member #
    That one is cool and cheap enough so just negotiate on the transport cost

Montrose is far, but CO Springs is close enough ... I'd go check it out for you if you think you would actually pull the trigger. I'd take pics and video. The guy needs to put a driveshaft in it though so we get the truck down the road and back.
    It really is and if there really is "minimal rust" I'm surprised if it hasn't sold already. I wonder if he trade it for a Honda Ruckus, lol.

Member #
    Images
    There is a LOT left. She found a partial list of stuff but while rummaging though safes and nooks and crannies found that its no where near complete but the list is what everyone has been going off of for now. Her dad lived a couple hours away from her so my nephew and her have been just going down there every 2 or 3 weekends and finding things that people have told them they want or at least want to look at that is on the current list but havent had that much time to mess with it because they are also having to deal with all of the other stuff because her mom isnt really capable of handling it herself.

I havent published the list o' stuff here or even offered to because i sent the list to my best friend in Colorado and there were 5 or 6 pew pews that he wanted to buy and she said no. Because its her moms estate, she is making sure it is all done right and she isnt willing to go through the Colorado BS of having to have a background check done on each sell. Thanks governor chickenfawker....

If you have a legal addy outside of Colorado, you can let me know and i will send you the list but otherwise, you are off limits. Sorry.
    I guess I haven't had to purchase anything out of state while living here. I have an uncle in AZ that i have done other stuff with previously for sales though. So if you want to share i understand, and if you don't, i also understand.

Member #
    It really is and if there really is "minimal rust" I'm surprised if it hasn't sold already. I wonder if he trade it for a Honda Ruckus, lol.
    I thought you were just giving me the Ruckus for a finder's fee....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    I guess I haven't had to purchase anything out of state while living here. I have an uncle in AZ that i have done other stuff with previously for sales though. So if you want to share i understand, and if you don't, i also understand.
    Wasnt one of gov chickenfawkers awesome life saving gun laws that all person to person gun sales in colorado had to have a background check completed? Maybe im remembering wrong.

Member #
    Images

That makes no sense...Selling out of state still requires an FFL to receive the guns so they're having to deal with an FFL anyway...and that's different than having to deal with an FFL in CO how?

Stupid assed laws here yes but the law still steps in when dealing across state lines except now you're dealing with Feds instead of just state.

If Scott cruises through shit-shat , as an FFL, may clarify.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    That makes no sense...Selling out of state still requires an FFL to receive the guns so they're having to deal with an FFL anyway...and that's different than having to deal with an FFL in CO how?

Stupid assed laws here yes but the law still steps in when dealing across state lines except now you're dealing with Feds instead of just state.

If Scott cruises through shit-shat , as an FFL, may clarify.
    I was not aware that person to person sales across any state line required a background check. Maybe that is the case and she just doesnt want to sell to any other state and not just colorado.

Member #
    4 days of 90 + degree weather and sunshine and the yard is still too mushy to mow but its getting a lot better. Hoping for tomorrow.

Member #
    Its alive but lost some days?

Member #
    Its alive but lost some days?
    Yep, quite a few days, but that part is fine ...

Thank you Eric for resuscitating!

Member #
    VOTD:

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
    Psalm 34:18

Member #
    Happy Father's Day to the dads out there....

Happy 16th birthday Trey

Member #
    Happy Father's Day to the dads out there....

Happy 16th birthday Trey
    I will echo both of those.

Member #
    Church then fishing.

Member #
    The thanks on Father's Day become much more heartfelt when they have kids of their own.

Member #
    I did not end up going fishing because it got windy so instead, i played with guns some an put some mileage on the hog. Im still waiting for the low fuel light to come on because i wanna get an idea of how much gas is left when that happens. I drove it it work every day last week and putzed around town quite a bit yesterday and today. Surely that gallon and a quarter is getting low.

Member #
    I did not end up going fishing because it got windy so instead, i played with guns some an put some mileage on the hog. Im still waiting for the low fuel light to come on because i wanna get an idea of how much gas is left when that happens. I drove it it work every day last week and putzed around town quite a bit yesterday and today. Surely that gallon and a quarter is getting low.

How do you like walking? The light may not work....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    How do you like walking? The light may not work....

Thats kinda why im not straying too far from home or gas stations till i find out if it does.

Member #
    I originally figured id just flip the hog for an easy $1000-$1500 profit but now im thinking about doing the right thing and sinking money into it by modding it that i will never get back.

Member #
    The mundee is here. Im not feeling it.

Member #
    Nothing but sunshine for the last several days and the same this morning but we are supposed to have thunderboomers roll through later today.

I see colorado keeps getting the toe naderz. Whats up with that?

Member #
    Images
    High of 74 today. a few days like this sprinkled with the weather that we have been having isn't bad at all.