View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1870 of 2001 FirstFirst ... 870137017701820186018681869187018711872188019201970 ... LastLast
Results 74,761 to 74,800 of 80025

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

Member #
    And back home
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I have owned furds, chebys, and even a couple of dodgers but i have always been a furd guy at heart.

As far as dodgers go, i had a 96 dually cummins thing that was ok if 5th gear didn't fall out of it every 15,000 miles and i had that minivan suv thing that was actually a pretty good vehicle.

I have had several chebys including the only new vehicle i have ever bought which was a 2001 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 6.0. That was probably the biggest POS i have ever owned although it was a pretty close race with a 1985 Blazer. The best cheby i have ever owned was without a doubt my 80 Blazer with a brace case trans and 205 t-case. That was a great truck and i wish i still owned it today.

Anyway, my current boss is a big time bow tie fan and has never owned anything but chebys. His "work truck" which never works other than driving him to and from work is a 2016 High Country diesel which he has always claimed will spank any furd truck on the road.

I have always called BS on that but the big city of Durant bygolly amurica has too much traffic anywhere to line up and race head to head and i knew i could smoke him in my poor old 6 cylinder f-150 so i bought a Dragy so we could find a stretch of flat (hard to find here because its hilly) road and just get 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times or whatever with without having to race side by side.

We agreed to not tell each other times until we had both raced but then it spread to a parts guy then it spread to our delivery guy then it spread to guys in the shop.

The end result is that i spanked my bosses duramax 0-60 by a second and a half and the only vehicle that any employee has that beat me was a hemi challenger.

My boss blamed his loss on having put bigger tires on his High Country so i went out and measured his "increased" tire hight vs my stock 2wd tire hight and they were 1 whole inch taller (thanks to chebys stupid square wheel wells, you have to lift them a foot to go bigger than a 1 inch taller tire on them).

He did finally concede that my poor old truck with 92,000 miles on it was pretty quick.
    So.... is his truck stock? if so, that is better than i expected. And that is from any current gen diesel. The emissions and everything else have then limped to the point where i don't know how they sell them...

And while we are on tuning, didn't you tune your truck? what results did you see from that?

Honestly, i am a bowtie guy, but anyone that is willing to put time in to beat the next guy, i am happy to lose to them just to compare at the end of the race. Maybe that is the result of my idiot days, but that is where real friends are made.

So, what was your time? I am curious if i can beat it if i turn my duramax up
    hookers and blow!

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Playing hookie tomorrow afternoon with a good friend to go blow off some steam. Been a couple months since I have been able to break some clays. Should be a good time.

Then my 10th wedding anniversary is Saturday, and my youngest nephew is getting confirmed on Sunday. Going to be another crazy busy weekend.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    So.... is his truck stock? if so, that is better than i expected. And that is from any current gen diesel. The emissions and everything else have then limped to the point where i don't know how they sell them...

And while we are on tuning, didn't you tune your truck? what results did you see from that?

Honestly, i am a bowtie guy, but anyone that is willing to put time in to beat the next guy, i am happy to lose to them just to compare at the end of the race. Maybe that is the result of my idiot days, but that is where real friends are made.

To that general conversation .....

Had a stock Ecoboost ... liked it, it was fairly quick in general and really effortless in the mountains keeping the RPM's low; got descent mileage on the highway .... drove great and handled well.

More recently, had a mildly modded Dmax LBZ .... quicker, but obviously not quite as smooth to drive .... As many know I've had many CTDs as well.

Got a 6.2 supercharged and tuned Silverado gasser now .... fast as shit and the smoothest ride .... the 8-speed auto trans will sniff around a bit in the hills to keep RPMs higher, but it still flies ... not built for towing though.

The current racetruck is the favorite I've ever owned, but there are different situations where I'd choose any of the other ones I mentioned. I don't tow these days; the only thing I typically haul is ass.

Member #
    The sun is back thank goodness. Currently 66 looking for 80.

Happy fridee.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images

Iím wondering the same thing.

Happy Friday everyone.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I’m wondering the same thing.

Yes, his durtymax is stock and his best was a 7.4something. I never saw his time slip.

So i got the Dragy and only had it for a couple of days using it myself but my best verified time was 6.14 or 5.83 with the 1 foot rollout which is from what i understand is the time you would get at a drag strip with the 1 foot being the distance...ish between where you stage and where you break the beam to start timing.

We are all just going with the slower time just so we are all comparing apples to apples so the 6.14 is what I'm going for as far as right now but if i ever get my Dragy back from everyone else, I'm pretty sure i can improve on that if i can figure out a good way to launch. Even with the locker turned on, i can't spool it up AT ALL or all i do is sit there and roast tires so my best time came from just flat footing it from idle which still gives way too much wheel spin.

I haven't had a chance to try different traction control settings or anything and i might also try unloading 200# worth of crap in the tool box but that might just hurt the traction problem

Yes, i do have a 5-Star 91 octane tow/performance tune on my truck and that is something that i also want to do is put it back to stock tune and see what the difference is.

Member #
    Also, you have to run on flat ground which is hard to find around here. If there is more than 1% of elevation difference in your run, it will still give you a time slip but it will show invalid in the upper corner.

I want to get a 1/4 mile time as well but i havent found a 1/4 mile of flat road yet.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Member #
    You can see on the graph where it shifted to 2nd and again roasted tires. I may have to get me some cheater slicks.

Member #
    Weekend might be here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Weekend might be here.
    Might?

Member #
    Might?
    Yea well with the two people that quit before they started and one person has already called 6 of her 7 shifts sick I’m got a bad feeling of several Mondays in a row.

Member #
    Yea well with the two people that quit before they started and one person has already called 6 of her 7 shifts sick I’m got a bad feeling of several Mondays in a row.
    Bummer.

Member #
    So the surgery place called today with more instructions like not eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before, blah, blah, blah.

Then she went on telling me to wear loose clothing that are easy to get on and off and no boots and no jeans. WTH? That pretty much wipes out my entire wardrobe. I do have a pair of tennis shoes but my response boots are quicker and easier to put on than them.

Anyway, i guess im gonna have to go to Academy and get a set of warm ups or something. I dunno...

Maybe they could just mail me the dress thats split up the back and ill just wear that to and from.

Member #
    So the surgery place called today with more instructions like not eating or drinking anything after midnight the night before, blah, blah, blah.

Then she went on telling me to wear loose clothing that are easy to get on and off and no boots and no jeans. WTH? That pretty much wipes out my entire wardrobe. I do have a pair of tennis shoes but my response boots are quicker and easier to put on than them.

Anyway, i guess im gonna have to go to Academy and get a set of warm ups or something. I dunno...

Maybe they could just mail me the dress thats split up the back and ill just wear that to and from.
    just wear your thong

Member #

I would have guessed any anxiety you may have had would be relative to the surgery and rehab, not what you're gonna wear to it.

Member #
    just wear your thong
    They said not to wear anything that binds.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I would have guessed any anxiety you may have had would be relative to the surgery and rehab, not what you're gonna wear to it.

Fashion is always number one with me of course.

Member #
    Guess there was a mixup on age divisions for the basketball tourney this weekend and Court's 4th grade division is not in it ... He's at practice instead. He and a couple of his buddies should go show up at a local YMCA tomorrow for a pick-up game and school some 7th graders.

....kinda works out though since it seems I just got the cold that Jodi had and then Trey. He only missed 1 day of school earlier in the week. I might take some precautions against internal infections and flush some alcohol thru my innards ... vodka/soda with a NyQuil chaser.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Awesome afternoon out at Colorado Clays. They changed up all the courses since the last time I was out there. Was fun breaking clays with good people.

Member #
    Guess there was a mixup on age divisions for the basketball tourney this weekend and Court's 4th grade division is not in it ... He's at practice instead. He and a couple of his buddies should go show up at a local YMCA tomorrow for a pick-up game and school some 7th graders.

....kinda works out though since it seems I just got the cold that Jodi had and then Trey. He only missed 1 day of school earlier in the week. I might take some precautions against internal infections and flush some alcohol thru my innards ... vodka/soda with a NyQuil chaser.

COVID!!!!!!!!

We pretty much yell that at work anytime anyone coughs or sneezes even though we have never closed and never worn masks. It brings the funny.

Member #
    Yeah, most folks in my house don’t even mention if they are sick, because you’re not allowed to be regular sick anymore. I delayed mentioning it here for a bit for the same reason. When Trey missed the one day of school, we were pretty ambiguous about it to eliminate the panic button being pushed. There was no quarantine situation and he has been just fine. If it would’ve been a call in sick scenario at his school, I’m sure things would’ve been way different. Too much research has shown that the masks need to be done, and probably should not have been introduced in the first place. I am already better than I was this morning, and expecting to be even better tomorrow. People are allowed to still get regular sick as they have since the beginning of mankind. Fawk all the drama conspiracy crap ��

Member #
    Happy sadurdee. 61 now but only heading to 75ish. I really, really need the yard to dry out so i can mow but doesn't look like that is likely. I did finish spring cleaning the house last night about midnight so that is done at least. I guess i need to go stock up on food that is easy to build with one wing then i will be as prepared as i am going to get i guess.

I did remember that i have some old Byers Fire sweat pants and zipper hoodie so those went into the laundry last night and i guess that will be my apparel for surgery day.

Ugh.... I am not really looking forward to this. I was talking to Unadammit the other day just to help me realize that what i am going to go through isnt crap compared to what others go through for a lot longer period of time. I am really blessed because this is the first real surgery i will have ever had. Ive never even broken a bone or anything before.

Member #
    Ugh.... I am not really looking forward to this. I was talking to Unadammit the other day just to help me realize that what i am going to go through isnt crap compared to what others go through for a lot longer period of time.
    Yeah, Unadammit has had a long, rough road. I have to admit she's probably a lot tougher than me.

Member #
    I am really blessed because this is the first real surgery i will have ever had. Ive never even broken a bone or anything before.
    Never had stitches until I was 44 ... had a few broken bones along the way.

7th grade cracked tailbone showing off riding a wheelie on my bike across a parking lot
    8th grade (pretty gruesome looking) broken arm playing football 8 days before summer vacation
    High school graduation night cracked right hand in a fight
    College warehouse job broken right wrist playing basketball in the parking lot at break-time.
    In my 20's, Cracked rib moving a hot tub

Forgot about the wisdom teeth out at 30
    44 - surgery for 80% torn tendon and 50% torn ligament in elbow slipping on ice
    46 - back 2 back biopsies (2nd one the largest they could do) followed by back to back outpatient surgeries for the carcinoma on my neck (just a lot of stitches)
    47 - torn / detached patellar tendon and damaged retinaculum material on left knee.

Member #
    Good sleep last night ... still under the weather, but better than yesterday.

Member #
    Ugh.... I am not really looking forward to this. I was talking to Unadammit the other day just to help me realize that what i am going to go through isnt crap compared to what others go through for a lot longer period of time. I am really blessed because this is the first real surgery i will have ever had. Ive never even broken a bone or anything before.
    I had Carpel tunnel surgery with a ulnar nerve redirect (<Not sure that was what it's called) last Friday and I can tell you one thing. You will find out real quick how to do a simple task with just one arm takes some thought.. ie. Putting toothpaste on your tooth brush.

Did they say they will be doing a nerve block? Just asking because they did one on me and I can tell you that having a arm that just will not do a thing for all most 24hrs is a real eye opener. At least it was for me any how

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DaleD View Post
    I had Carpel tunnel surgery with a ulnar nerve redirect (<Not sure that was what it's called) last Friday and I can tell you one thing. You will find out real quick how to do a simple task with just one arm takes some thought.. ie. Putting toothpaste on your tooth brush.

Did they say they will be doing a nerve block? Just asking because they did one on me and I can tell you that having a arm that just will not do a thing for all most 24hrs is a real eye opener. At least it was for me any how
    I have no idea what they are gonna do.

Member #
    I have no idea what they are gonna do.
    If they do a nerve block and tell you to take pain meds to stay in front of any pain, take the advice .... I didn't do it on my knee and when the block wore off, whoa daddy that was the most pain I've experienced .... It took the pain meds a while to catch up.

Member #
    A good friend of mine went in for his first carpal tunnel procedure, knowing he would need the other hand done as well in the future.

He asked the doctor why he couldn't have both hands done at once to save time and money?

"Because there isn't anybody that loves you enough to wipe your butt every day for the next two months while you recover."

Made sense to me....
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thatís why life is hard.

Member #
    Putting toothpaste on your tooth brush.
    Its funny that you mentioned this because that is one of the things that i have already thought of that might be a pita. I can see trying to put the toothpaste on the toothbrush with it laying on the counter and knocking the toothbrush over when doing the thats enough toothpaste swipe at the end which will end up with toothpaste stuck to the counter.

I just dont know. I invision being able to still at least use my hand even though it will be stuck on the end of a T-rex arm but maybe i am being optimistic.

Member #
    If they do a nerve block and tell you to take pain meds to stay in front of any pain, take the advice .... I didn't do it on my knee and when the block wore off, whoa daddy that was the most pain I've experienced .... It took the pain meds a while to catch up.
    I will probably struggle with this but i will try to take your advise. When i had the half-dollar sized hole chopped out of my forehead a couple months ago, they were going to give me a prescription for pain and i turned it down. It really wasnt that bad though and i only took a couple of Tylenol the next day and was over it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    A good friend of mine went in for his first carpal tunnel procedure, knowing he would need the other hand done as well in the future.

He asked the doctor why he couldn't have both hands done at once to save time and money?

"Because there isn't anybody that loves you enough to wipe your butt every day for the next two months while you recover."

Made sense to me....
    LOL! I am still planning on going to the sand dunes in kansas to meet up with all my sand dune friends from Colorado but won't be taking my yammerhammer. Ill just go and camp and hang out and eat good food. My best friend asked me if i was gonna bring my mom with me because he wasn't gonna wipe my ass for me.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

Made sense to me....
    Same with my Dad .... He asked the same question and got the same answer

Member #
    I will probably struggle with this but i will try to take your advise. When i had the half-dollar sized hole chopped out of my forehead a couple months ago, they were going to give me a prescription for pain and i turned it down. It really wasnt that bad though and i only took a couple of Tylenol the next day and was over it.
    Yeah, I don't like taking pain meds as they really just knock me out and make me groggy ... The dozen or so stitches in the neck didn't really require pain management, but the knee sure as hell did.

Member #
    Yeah, I don't like taking pain meds as they really just knock me out and make me groggy ... The dozen or so stitches in the neck didn't really require pain management, but the knee sure as hell did.
    Everyone keeps laughing at me including my two bosses when they ask me how long i will be off work and i tell them that i plan on being at work the day after surgery. That really is what i plan but i have no idea.

Member #
    Its funny that you mentioned this because that is one of the things that i have already thought of that might be a pita. I can see trying to put the toothpaste on the toothbrush with it laying on the counter and knocking the toothbrush over when doing the thats enough toothpaste swipe at the end which will end up with toothpaste stuck to the counter.

I just dont know. I invision being able to still at least use my hand even though it will be stuck on the end of a T-rex arm but maybe i am being optimistic.
    Exactly why brought it up. I did the same thing and no matter how careful you are that damn toothbrush falls over every time. After a few attempts I remembered I have legs. Put toothbrush between your knees apply toothpaste and Bingo...

Member #
    Exactly why brought it up. I did the same thing and no matter how careful you are that damn toothbrush falls over every time. After a few attempts I remembered I have legs. Put toothbrush between your knees apply toothpaste and Bingo...
    Legs huh? Good to know.

Member #
    Legs huh? Good to know.
    Unless they totally screwup your surgery you should wake up and still have two of them..

Sure hope your post op nurse is not named sweater or 1BgDog