View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1580 of 1605 FirstFirst ... 5801080148015301570157815791580158115821590 ... LastLast
Results 63,161 to 63,200 of 64161
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Long day. Up at 5am, left shop for client's at 7am, got home from client's at 10:30pm. Didn't get to eat all day, and am over hungry, to the point of feeling ill. But got the project finished after showing up to an absolute shitshow. Figuring out there is a reason DOD, DOJ, and DOE contracts pay so well. They all turn into shitshows. Good times.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Horrible first day in the field...

Forgot my lunch and water bottle at home, when I dropped off my vehicle to carpool I left my key in the keyhole in the trunk...it was an act of God that my car was still there, almost was late picking up my daughter from daycare. Shish, luckily tomorrow will be better.
    Sounds like a heck of a first day. Hope things go better the next time out. Just remember that the more you can roll with the punches, the easier things will feel, even when they are going poorly. Sounds like you were able to salvage the day. Good on ya for working through the tough bits!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    lets drag race them at not quite highway speeds all the way back lol...
    You'd win

Member #
    Humping day.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Anyone else need a nap on this glorious Wednesday morning?

Member #
    Images
    nope

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    nope
    I'd settle for a break to get a HUGE breakfast at this point. Too bad breakfast food doesn't keep well and is easily deliverable. I would totally order some biscuits and gravy with eggs, bacon, hash browns, and some lightly buttered wheat toast. Or a really well put together breakfast burrito smothered in green chili. Mmmm, I am hungry

stopped at mcderps for bfast, was already on the highway when I realized the sandwich they gave me didn't have cheese or sausage in it, it was just egg in a biscuit lol
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Anyone else need a nap on this glorious Wednesday morning?

i do, I woke up at 430~ and laid in bed feeling like death til about 730

some douchebag was lighting off fireworks til 515ish this AM

Long day. Up at 5am, left shop for client's at 7am, got home from client's at 10:30pm. Didn't get to eat all day, and am over hungry, to the point of feeling ill. But got the project finished after showing up to an absolute shitshow. Figuring out there is a reason DOD, DOJ, and DOE contracts pay so well. They all turn into shitshows. Good times.

holy damn that sounds like a hell of a day

Member #
    That is a bit of good news!

Did you figure out the towing situation?
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.

Member #
    That is indeed a long day and that not eating part is no bueno. I've been guilty of doing similar and it ends up with some negative consequence .... Hope you can avoid that part next time and make time to put some fuel in your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Unfortunately, I did... The guy had a long list of guys wanting to buy both vehicles... One was a project for Trey and I and the other was a 3rd vehicle for us.

I underestimated the difficulties driving with this thing as it's very uncomfortable. The truck is worse, and the Charger is barely tolerable right now. It wasn't fair to the seller for him to wait any longer to get rid of them, so I regretfully bowed out and let him move on to the next guy on the list.

In addition, I got the cost for the surgery yesterday, and it's about $1800 more than the "shoot from the hip" quote I had gotten (and guessed based on my elbow 3 years ago)

A HUGE THANKS to Rich, Aaron, and Andy for their offers to help as I would've definitely needed it.

Since my world has changed quite a bit since Sunday, I just need to focus on this surgery and being able to take care of clients right now.

gotta take care of yourself, there will always be another project truck

Member #
    Images

No worries man, there is always more cars out there, but i completely get the priority shift. Sometimes life happens.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    i do, I woke up at 430~ and laid in bed feeling like death til about 730

some douchebag was lighting off fireworks til 515ish this AM
    Ugh, that is rough. Hope tonight allows you some good sleep!

Member #
    Images

Sorry man. Unexpected medical expenses and changing plans due to them and the injury, is something I am VERY familiar with. Don't wish it on anyone. Hoping you heal up quickly, and that your clients are understanding. Please let me know if you need anything. My schedule is more ridiculous then it has been in years (hard to believe as I have always had a healthy wait list), but willing to help with anything if I can make time. It never hurts to ask, and if the past posts have shown anything, I am not the only one willing to help. You have a support system here when you need it.

Member #
    Images
    That is indeed a long day and that not eating part is no bueno. I've been guilty of doing similar and it ends up with some negative consequence .... Hope you can avoid that part next time and make time to put some fuel in your system.
    I do this WAY too often. But this summer, it seems to be catching up with me more than it has before. I think the biggest thing has been more outdoor work. So combine the sun with no food and long hours, and water just doesn't cut it anymore. I hate Gatorade, but really need to find something like it at least for the electrolytes. This morning has been rough with my leg muscles cramping up even. Makes lifting things sucks. But I was able to finally get some food into me this morning and lots more water before I left for a job site. And now this afternoon I am starting to feel better. Just in time to head back out to another job site and work in the sun till dark. Someday I will learn to take care of myself before the client. Someday.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    no worries man, there is always more cars out there, but i completely get the priority shift. Sometimes life happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulf View Post
    gotta take care of yourself, there will always be another project truck
    amen!

Member #
    Images
    Thanks.... I like the surgeon my attorney/buddy recommended... His day is already booked for tomorrow, but he modified his schedule to get me into the less expensive surgery center for Friday and will be doing it then...
    Good luck with surgery! Who is your surgeon?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Woot! I just got a letter in the mail from Hickory Hollow Rod and Gun Club with a contract for membership. I have been on the waiting list for four or five years. Color me egg cited to get this check in the mail and receive my keys.

I do this WAY too often. But this summer, it seems to be catching up with me more than it has before. I think the biggest thing has been more outdoor work. So combine the sun with no food and long hours, and water just doesn't cut it anymore. I hate Gatorade, but really need to find something like it at least for the electrolytes. This morning has been rough with my leg muscles cramping up even. Makes lifting things sucks. But I was able to finally get some food into me this morning and lots more water before I left for a job site. And now this afternoon I am starting to feel better. Just in time to head back out to another job site and work in the sun till dark. Someday I will learn to take care of myself before the client. Someday.

I buy the generic brand pedialite from Kroger. It has a ton of electolytes. I also don't necessarily mix it with water because it's like those candy powders if you just eat it dry

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Good luck with surgery! Who is your surgeon?

Now have 3 folks who tell me he's a well known sports surgeon... Joel Gonzales with Orthopedic Associates

I've used Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in the past with Dr. Worrel repairing my elbow.... Was referred to Dr. Swann there for the knee, but he couldn't get to me as quickly. Here's those guys.... I like them a lot too....

https://advancedortho.org/about-us/our-physicians/

Member #
    I'm glad you are getting the surgery sooner rather than later rex.

Yes, today was a better day, the carpool picked me up at the house, we fixed a couple of things, and then got to pick up the daughter on time.

Shameless plug: I'm working for DH Pace on the commercial side, Ankmar doors is on the residential side that I'm not in, the warehouse is awesome, lots of techs in training to help out with solid repairs.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

Member #
    Glad you found a new job that you are liking Scott.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Woot! I just got a letter in the mail from Hickory Hollow Rod and Gun Club with a contract for membership. I have been on the waiting list for four or five years. Color me egg cited to get this check in the mail and receive my keys.
    Exciting, congrats!
    Now have 3 folks who tell me he's a well known sports surgeon... Joel Gonzales with Orthopedic Associates

I've used Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in the past with Dr. Worrel repairing my elbow.... Was referred to Dr. Swann there for the knee, but he couldn't get to me as quickly. Here's those guys.... I like them a lot too....

https://advancedortho.org/about-us/our-physicians/
    Cool! Glad you've got a good one.

Advanced Ortho fixed my ankle and took care of my wrist. Colorado Orthopaedic did the femurs and managed the fibula.

Exciting, congrats!Cool! Glad you've got a good one.

Advanced Ortho fixed my ankle and took care of my wrist. Colorado Orthopaedic did the femurs and managed the fibula.

Who did your ankle? Dr. Ng? He rocks.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    ''Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.'' - Plato

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
    Who did your ankle? Dr. Ng? He rocks.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Dr. Scott Resig

Member #
    Fridee eve.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    I'm glad you are getting the surgery sooner rather than later rex.

Yes, today was a better day, the carpool picked me up at the house, we fixed a couple of things, and then got to pick up the daughter on time.

Shameless plug: I'm working for DH Pace on the commercial side, Ankmar doors is on the residential side that I'm not in, the warehouse is awesome, lots of techs in training to help out with solid repairs.
    Lol, got Craig with the Ankmar side quoting me a full-view roll up door for a client's dining room now. I hopefully will hear from him today.

Member #
    The anxiety is staging a rally.

Member #
    Images
    I can only imagine. Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery. And wishing the surgeon and their team the best of luck and skill.

Member #
    Images
    Be sure to mark your knees very legibly with indelible ink so that they operate on the correct one.

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Be sure to mark your knees very legibly with indelible ink so that they operate on the correct one.

Good advice....
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Its more fridee eve now than it was this morning when i said it was fridee eve.

Member #
    Images
    Good luck!
    I did this IN the surgery room with my surgeon for my most recent femur surgery. Highly recommend.

Member #
    Images
    Got a "thing" going on with the back of my neck. It wont scab over and is growing. Its hurting perty good. From google, of course, it doesn't sound good.

This might be interesting .

Member #
    I can only imagine. Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery. And wishing the surgeon and their team the best of luck and skill.
    Good luck!
    Thank you

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Good advice....
    I did this IN the surgery room with my surgeon for my most recent femur surgery. Highly recommend.
    Yeah, pretty sure it's SOP in this surgery center as they did last time with my elbow where they draw a circle around the incision point and make you initial it.

I'm gonna be sure to choose the one where the knee cap is significantly in the wrong place.

Member #
    Got a "thing" going on with the back of my neck. It wont scab over and is growing. Its hurting perty good. From google, of course, it doesn't sound good.

I'm not making any diagnosis, but that's how the basal cell carcinoma on my neck surfaced. It was just a spot with a different look/texture and then it finally became a scab the size of the tip of a pen.... It quickly grew to the size of a dime and wouldn't keep a scab to heal.

Please get it checked ASAP. Many times, the biopsy itself can capture it. When my initial "scoop" biopsy did not get it, I asked for the largest biopsy she could do which was "punch" biopsy of 8mm I believe and it required a couple of stitches. Mine was one of the nastier varieties and the surgeon had to take a larger chunk. Even more unfortunately, the margins were still not clear and he had to take even more out a week later.

It's not something to wait on.

I'm not making any diagnosis, but that's how the basal cell carcinoma on my neck surfaced. It was just a spot with a different look/texture and then it finally became a scab the size of the tip of a pen.... It quickly grew to the size of a dime and wouldn't keep a scab to heal.

Please get it checked ASAP. Many times, the biopsy itself can capture it. When my initial "scoop" biopsy did not get it, I asked for the largest biopsy she could do which was "punch" biopsy of 8mm I believe and it required a couple of stitches. Mine was one of the nastier varieties and the surgeon had to take a larger chunk. Even more unfortunately, the margins were still not clear and he had to take even more out a week later.

It's not something to wait on.
    x2 on getting checked asap