View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1565 of 1580 FirstFirst ... 5651065146515151555156315641565156615671575 ... LastLast
Results 62,561 to 62,600 of 63179
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    looks good.
    Thanks. It truly was. Good to finally get my whole (well most) of my family over to the new property. Everyone, even the picky eater kids, really seemed to enjoy all the food. Which is nice cus my wife and I have almost no leftovers!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Mancub and The Duce are now armed and dangerous

Rifle is still too large for the 4 yr old but he is taking the safety aspect very seriously, perfect fit for the 6 yr old

A compound bow turned down to only 8# of draw is still surprisingly lethal
    That's cool stuff!

Member #
    Images
    Interesting. Maybe we should have a loon BBQ contest sometime. That could be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Lol, if you are looking to compete. Check out the KC BBQ Society @ https://www.kcbs.us/

They have people good enough to compete against.
    This might be taken the wrong way. Wasn't implying anyone here isn't worth competing against. Was just stating I wasn't. There are many, many others who are far more talented than I when it comes to the art of cooking. And that if you'd really like to test your skills, then check out the kcbbqsociety. Their circuit is the real deal.

Here is the pork just before I pulled it off and wrapped it for the final stretch of smoking. This was at the 8 hour mark. Butt was in for a total of 10 hours:

Fell apart when done which made the shredding easy:

And the complete meal, pulled pork sandwich, bacon mac and cheese, bbq beans, corn on the cob, and chips. The only thing not cooked in the pellet grill/smoker was the Lays chips.

The new to me rub was brilliant. Great flavor that blended well with the spritz I use. Meat was so tender and juicy, yet developed such a rich flavor. If the rub wasn't store bought, I would actually think about using it in a comp.

I'll be damned, that looks like a stock photo!
    break, fix, repeat

Lissa has a HUGE smile on her face
    she was driving through everything first try so I'd say it's justified

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'll be damned, that looks like a stock photo!
    Lol, thanks! Everyone had just sat down from getting their second helping, and I finally got a chance to get a plate of food. Between playing host and cooking, I didn't get to start eating with everyone right away. I figured I should take a photo since I had one from every other step of the process. And when I pulled out my phone to snap a pic, my mother asked loudly why I was taking photos of my dinner instead of eating it. Everyone starting laughing and before I could respond, my S-I-L yelled from the other table that if she could cook this well, she'd be taking photos of it too. That made my night.

Lol, thanks! Everyone had just sat down from getting their second helping, and I finally got a chance to get a plate of food. Between playing host and cooking, I didn't get to start eating with everyone right away. I figured I should take a photo since I had one from every other step of the process. And when I pulled out my phone to snap a pic, my mother asked loudly why I was taking photos of my dinner instead of eating it. Everyone starting laughing and before I could respond, my S-I-L yelled from the other table that if she could cook this well, she'd be taking photos of it too. That made my night.
    LOL that really is a compliment! Was it the first time you had that many people over?!

Tonight we played jenga. I had completely forgot that at our wedding the guest wrote messages on them. Definitely a bittersweet surprise

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

she was driving through everything first try so I'd say it's justified
    It was also a fun time and I was super impressed by my stock TRD pro

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Tonight we played jenga. I had completely forgot that at our wedding the guest wrote messages on them. Definitely a bittersweet surprise

Shaun must be in the air this weekend .... The wife and boys randomly got Jenga out yesterday and played a few rounds ... They haven't done that in a very long time.

Member #
    Images
    Lol, if you are looking to compete. Check out the KC BBQ Society @ https://www.kcbs.us/

They have people good enough to compete against. A good buddy of mine and I used to try to hit at least 4 a year spread all over this country, then he had to move to Germany. Before then we actually got good enough to be competitive. Placed in a few different categories in a few different events each year. It really opened up my eyes to what GOOD bbq is, how to cook in order to be judged, and just how seriously people can take it. I am planning on doing a comp or two each year still, until my buddy comes back (they are stationed over there for another 2 years still). But this past year I didnt get the time to compete in a bbq comp, only a chili comp.

As far as the fat goes, to each their own. I cut off most of what won't render while cooking. Excess fat never went over well while being judged for us. Most of the fat that isn't able to be rendered down gets chewy and slightly bitter. And while restaurants may leave more on since it produces more "weight" for selling, I think it lessens the final product if you can't have a perfect bite, every bite.
    I scrape the fat off when I pull it. I have a friend who did the competition circuit until last year. Iíve been to the World Series a couple of times. I have found that I donít like competition style BBQ. it just isnít my taste. Especially the ribs and pulled pork. Both are too chewy for me. But I also appreciate what it takes to make good comp bbq.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Shaun must be in the air this weekend .... The wife and boys randomly got Jenga out yesterday and played a few rounds ... They haven't done that in a very long time.
    He definitely has been.

Member #
    Images
    This might be taken the wrong way. Wasn't implying anyone here isn't worth competing against. Was just stating I wasn't. There are many, many others who are far more talented than I when it comes to the art of cooking. And that if you'd really like to test your skills, then check out the kcbbqsociety. Their circuit is the real deal.
    I didnít take it the wrong way at all. But Iíve had my feelers surgically removed.

Member #
    Images
    I always forget that pic as well

Member #
    Images
    I scrape the fat off when I pull it. I have a friend who did the competition circuit until last year. Iíve been to the World Series a couple of times. I have found that I donít like competition style BBQ. it just isnít my taste. Especially the ribs and pulled pork. Both are too chewy for me. But I also appreciate what it takes to make good comp bbq.

I HATE comp ribs!!! Who wants to take a bite and have it leave perfect teeth Mark's in their ribs. I want that meat falling off the bone when I try to eat my ribs.

Member #
    Images
    I didnít take it the wrong way at all. But Iíve had my feelers surgically removed.

Lol, sure, but some haven't yet.

Member #
    Images

It was also a fun time and I was super impressed by my stock TRD pro

Awesome on both accounts!

Member #
    Images
    LOL that really is a compliment! Was it the first time you had that many people over?!
    Yup. First time we have had more than a friend or another couple over. We have made some huge strides in way of getting the house ready for people. Still have a long ways to go, but it was time. Was good to host the whole family at my place. First time I have owned a property and house big enough to do so. The kids were playing disc golf out un the back field. Some adults were playing pool and others were chatting and others were just checking out the property. Seemed like everyone had a decent time.

Was great, but I am extremely exhausted. And am double booked this week now as a client I should have never agreed to take on screwed the pooch and I am left fixing the problems. I gotta learn to trust my gut more sometimes. The money just isn't always worth it, and getting burned out doesn't help anyone.

Member #
    Images
    Jake- how are the pups feeling?

Jake- how are the pups feeling?
    They are doing better, thanks.

Both have since perked up and stopped getting sick in the house so they must have just eaten something unsavory

It's Monday...

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    i hate comp ribs!!! Who wants to take a bite and have it leave perfect teeth mark's in their ribs. I want that meat falling off the bone when i try to eat my ribs.
    exactly.

Member #
    Images
    It's a beautiful Monday morning! Sun is out and bright as hell. A nice change from the weekend weather. So let hell week begin! Hope you all have a better week than I am going to have!

Member #
    Good family get-together in Castle Rock yesterday for dad's belated birthday / father's day

Member #
    took a couple of days away from the gym to give the body a rest .... got back to it yesterday and tweaked my shoulder

It's a beautiful Monday morning! Sun is out and bright as hell. A nice change from the weekend weather. So let hell week begin! Hope you all have a better week than I am going to have!
    hell yes! kick this week's ass

Member #
    Images
    hell yes! kick this week's ass
    Lol, kicked it's ass so fast that I am back on track for a halfway normal week already. The client who dropped the ball, dropped it farther than thought, so I now need to wait ti start till Thursday. So only screwed up half my week. And if I push hard the next couple of days, I might get a chance to finish another project early so I can make actual time for the emergency.

Member #
    Finally back home. Sorry i wasn't able to catch up with any of yall. The whole no transportation thing on top of barely having enough cell service at my friends place made it pretty much impossible for me to get away but there was stuff going on most of the time anyway.

I have gotten to the point where i don't even like going on vacations very much. I am pretty much ready to be back home after only a couple of days. I am even thinking about shortening up the next sand dune trip.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    There is just nothing you own bed, your own shower and your own crapper. No necessarily even in that order.

Member #
    Mundee looms near.

Member #
    Images
    I've missed you all the last week and a half. Things have been crazy here.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I had to look after making that joking reply and ill be damned. You can actually order a fake man bun from Amazon, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is ridiculous.
    Dogs are weird. Scrappy i guess figured out that i was leaving and started shivering violently then when i went to bed, she hid under the overs which she never does and shivered and panted because it was hot under the covers and i guess she told Scooby i was leaving because neither ate much this morning and neither would leave my side.

This will be the first time in 13 1/2 years that i have left Scooby and the same for Scrappy in 5 1/2 years.

Maybe they know that my plane is gonna crash or something.
    Aww poor bubbers.
    Another piece to our outdoor kitchen arrived today. New propane 3 burner stove from CampChef. That plus the 2 burner grill box, assorted cast iron cookware(skillet, pans, pots, etc), and the pizza oven, will make great accompaniments to the GMG pellet grill/smoker. Have used almost the same setup for a couple years now in the OCU and really liked it. Ttrying to make our new property with large decks and patios an awesome place for entertaining. Get to try everything out together this weekend while we host a family get together to celebrate a belated Father's Day!

Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    And the search goes on for a place of our own after 4 years of my wife, kids and I living in my parents basement. We were really close this last time, even put an offer in and it got accepted. We had to get out of it for the safety of my family though. It's tough out there.
    Sorry to hear that. But glad you could get out!
    Hope to get free to see a bunch of yall while im there. Eating a Whataburger at the airport as i type.

It has no mold but it does have jalapeno peppers.
    I didn't hear from you mister.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    So, I did a thing.

Niiiice
    Shop is finally built! Just need the overhead door. And work passed out new thermoses

Congrats, that's really exciting!
    Well stop bidding

$5

Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    It needs nothing. Fully capable rig with OBA, chromo shafts, 4.88's, currie tank with skid and a lot more. 21k on the odo. Tons of spare parts, tops, doors and more. $15k takes it home. I don't think all the spare stuff will fit in it.
    I will give you $.15k
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    3 bed, 1.5+ bath, garage, under $350k, south of Hampden, east of c470, west of i25...apparently very hard to find.

Bad neighborhood, recently released child predator 2 doors down.

I'll keep my eyes open. A house around the corner from me just sold for $316k but needed A LOT of work.
    And mom failed with the alarm at my house when she went to feed scooby and scrappy and puddydog.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Oooopsies
    Not sure. Im just glad that it didnt end up in a high speed chase that involved my mail box being knocked down.
    This made me lol.
    I spent most of the evening cleaning and cleaned up enough vomit and diarrhea to be done for a while. RIP carpets. Molly even threw up under my bed
    Ugh, sorry for that.
    Very impressed with bluebell. Even managed the harder lines. Thanks for the good spotting Jake.

Nicely done!
    Here is the pork just before I pulled it off and wrapped it for the final stretch of smoking. This was at the 8 hour mark. Butt was in for a total of 10 hours:

Fell apart when done which made the shredding easy:

And the complete meal, pulled pork sandwich, bacon mac and cheese, bbq beans, corn on the cob, and chips. The only thing not cooked in the pellet grill/smoker was the Lays chips.

The new to me rub was brilliant. Great flavor that blended well with the spritz I use. Meat was so tender and juicy, yet developed such a rich flavor. If the rub wasn't store bought, I would actually think about using it in a comp.
    Delightful!!

How sweet. I hope it gave you some smiles.
    Finally back home. Sorry i wasn't able to catch up with any of yall. The whole no transportation thing on top of barely having enough cell service at my friends place made it pretty much impossible for me to get away but there was stuff going on most of the time anyway.

I have gotten to the point where i don't even like going on vacations very much. I am pretty much ready to be back home after only a couple of days. I am even thinking about shortening up the next sand dune trip.
    I'm a little sad at you.

Last edited by OFRD_GRL; June 24th, 2019 at 07:37 PM.
    ~Una
    "°dn ǝpżs ʎużɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Images
    Well, I think 24 is my new lucky number. Saw the surgeon today to check if the bone great has taken. It had and BONE IS GROWING!!! So hopefully the legs keep up their end of the bargain. Also court date is 24th of next month.

Also, he gave me the green light to start riding my horses. I'm not sure anything in my life has ever made me happier. This will be a long process before I can get on MY horse because he's pretty hot, a trainer will work with him for a couple months getting his head back in the *let's behave* mindset before I will attempt riding him. That's what makes him so damn talented though. But luckily I have a few friends with really safe horses that will let me ride them to get my sea legs back.

Property update: house has main support beams and main level floor in. They are framing this week supposedly.

Have been doing some updates to current house to get it more saleable. Drywalled really ugly 70s wood panel room in basement, replaced floors and added closet doors to closet area.

Member #
    Congrats on the great news about the healing process!

Also, all of your stuff is going to fall out of your house if they keep building it upside down.

Member #
    Images
    Congrats on the great news about the healing process!

Also, all of your stuff is going to fall out of your house if they keep building it upside down.
    Hahaha I didn't even realize the photos uploaded upside down.

yup, definitely building half of your house upside down
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Monday is coming to a close

Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Well, I think 24 is my new lucky number. Saw the surgeon today to check if the bone great has taken. It had and BONE IS GROWING!!! So hopefully the legs keep up their end of the bargain. Also court date is 24th of next month.

Also, he gave me the green light to start riding my horses. I'm not sure anything in my life has ever made me happier. This will be a long process before I can get on MY horse because he's pretty hot, a trainer will work with him for a couple months getting his head back in the *let's behave* mindset before I will attempt riding him. That's what makes him so damn talented though. But luckily I have a few friends with really safe horses that will let me ride them to get my sea legs back.

Property update: house has main support beams and main level floor in. They are framing this week supposedly.

Have been doing some updates to current house to get it more saleable. Drywalled really ugly 70s wood panel room in basement, replaced floors and added closet doors to closet area.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Una! All big steps it a good direction!

Member #
    I made the mistake of reading work emails before going to bed last night then my brain wouldn't shut. I kept thinking of all the crap i have to catch up on now so got basically zero sleep.

Definitely mundee ughs.

No sleep makes for a long 1st day back