View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1528 of 2052 FirstFirst ... 5281028142814781518152615271528152915301538157816282028 ... LastLast
Results 61,081 to 61,120 of 82077

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

  1. #61081
    noahfecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Glenwoody
    Member #
    13651
    that was fast

    I don't see your steel reinforced concrete bunker?
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

  2. #61082
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    that was fast

    I don't see your steel reinforced concrete bunker?
    It was SUPER fast. They self admitted that once they break ground and a house starts going up, they usually see more sales. So in their own interest, they wanted to get things moving to try and sell the other 2 lots.

    I can't post the bunker on the interwebs, I don't want everyone knowing where it is!

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

  3. #61083
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Rex - you seem to have quite the talent for finding things that amuse....me, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Me 3.
    Glad stuff that amuses me can amuse others. I post it with the assumption I'm only entertaining myself, and am OK with that as it serves as one location for it and my older son scrolls through and sometimes he shares it with Jodi. It also doesn't take long since it's mostly from the same place, and I just post my favorites here.

    If it amuses a couple more folks, all the better.

  4. #61084
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    and I just fought off my second bear of this spring

    note to self, don't forget to close the garage door
    wow, definitely not a daily occurrence for me....

  5. #61085
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Foundation is done!! And the sunset was gorgeous.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Very cool!

  6. #61086
    Colo.TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thornton
    Member #
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    You've had a lot of turnover?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Work ethics are night and day from just a year ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I cant seem to get people to call
    Me back or show up for interviews. Im hiring a CDL driver right now and of the 26 resumes I got about 8 were worth calling, 4 showed up. Only 1 of those was someone I wanted on my team. He turned me down because my boss is too cheap. Now Im struggling with my second choice which isnt someone Im very excited about hiring.
    Same. Your boss is going to have to pay everyone more and just raise his prices just like the rest of us.

  7. #61087
    Colo.TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thornton
    Member #
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Supercharger would be used every time said vehicle gets used. Besides the floor mats, the rest wouldn't be used all that often. I say go with the supercharger and watch the smile meter go up more often. Then worry about all that other stuff.
    This.

  8. #61088
    Colo.TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thornton
    Member #
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Foundation is done!! And the sunset was gorgeous.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

    Looks great. What's the extended wall in the first pic?

  9. #61089
    Colo.TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Thornton
    Member #
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    stupid as it sounds buying husky liners for my Tacoma was easily one of the best purchases I've made for it
    This.

    My son just bought a 16' Corolla and I found a set (3 piece) on CL for $100 the next day. Nice score and a superb CL experience.

  10. #61090
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  11. #61091
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  12. #61092
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  13. #61093
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    Had one hell of a night last night. After finishing up in the shop around 1:30am I went into the house to get ready for bed. About 2am my dog wakes from a dead sleep and darts for the basement while growling and barking. This is unusual as if he needs to go out or heard something outside, he will run to the back door, upstairs. Feeling something is off, I get out of bed and head downstairs to find him and check things out. I easily find him as he is growling like I haven't heard him do in years since cornering a worker who wandered into the backyard. And he is just standing in the middle of our basement livingroom growling at the couch, and his hair on the back and neck was straight up. I kept trying to get him to calm down and even moved the couch and table thinking it was a mouse or something. But there was nothing. All doors and windows were locked and nothing was out of sorts. So it takes some time but he calms down and we go outside. His pisses then heads back in and goes to bed. So I follow.

    Fast forward to just after 3. One of our smoke/co2 detectors goes off from downstairs. But our system is hardwired in, and if one is going off, all start to beep. So it takes a minute to find the one that is acting up. It reads that there is high co2 present and that there is a low battery. So I swap batteries with a fresh 9v, and it continues to go off, this time stating low battery again, and nothing about co2. Tried 2 new batteries (last new ones I had) and both did the same thing. So I said screw it, l.j left the battery out and it unplugged and went back to bed.

    Not 30 minutes later, another started to go off. This one was in the basement as well, but across the house in a completely different room. Same issuse but no co2 reading. So I tried the batteries and that solved the issue. So I go back to bed.

    Again, not 30 minutes later, another detector goes off, this time upstairs. At this point, It is almost 430. My wife is supposed to get up for work in 30 minutes and we all haven't slept much. So I pull the detector and every other one I can reach without a ladder, and we try to go back to sleep. And just as I am about to sleep, my dog bolts out of bed barking and growling again and flies downstairs. At this point I am thinking the worst and am not sure if I should grab the shotgun by my bed or find a fire extinguisher. I grab the gun and run after the dog down the stairs. He was growling at the door the leads to my gun room, which is still securely locked and only I have a key. But he is sure something is behind it. So I get my key and let him into the room, where he finds nothing but what should be there.

    At this point, my wife says screw it and starts to get ready for her day. We joke that we have ghosts. And my pup goes back to bed. I try to clean up some and then get ready for my day. Still don't know what the heck was going on.

    Hoping we might sleep better tonight.

  14. #61094
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  15. #61095
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    oops... ^^^^ that guy's T-shirt was not meant as a reply to Aaron.

    Those non-sleep nights definitely bring the suck.

  16. #61096
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  17. #61097
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  18. #61098
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  19. #61099
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  20. #61100
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  21. #61101
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  22. #61102

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Golden
    Member #
    38934
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Had one hell of a night last night. After finishing up in the shop around 1:30am I went into the house to get ready for bed. About 2am my dog wakes from a dead sleep and darts for the basement while growling and barking. This is unusual as if he needs to go out or heard something outside, he will run to the back door, upstairs. Feeling something is off, I get out of bed and head downstairs to find him and check things out. I easily find him as he is growling like I haven't heard him do in years since cornering a worker who wandered into the backyard. And he is just standing in the middle of our basement livingroom growling at the couch, and his hair on the back and neck was straight up. I kept trying to get him to calm down and even moved the couch and table thinking it was a mouse or something. But there was nothing. All doors and windows were locked and nothing was out of sorts. So it takes some time but he calms down and we go outside. His pisses then heads back in and goes to bed. So I follow.

    Fast forward to just after 3. One of our smoke/co2 detectors goes off from downstairs. But our system is hardwired in, and if one is going off, all start to beep. So it takes a minute to find the one that is acting up. It reads that there is high co2 present and that there is a low battery. So I swap batteries with a fresh 9v, and it continues to go off, this time stating low battery again, and nothing about co2. Tried 2 new batteries (last new ones I had) and both did the same thing. So I said screw it, l.j left the battery out and it unplugged and went back to bed.

    Not 30 minutes later, another started to go off. This one was in the basement as well, but across the house in a completely different room. Same issuse but no co2 reading. So I tried the batteries and that solved the issue. So I go back to bed.

    Again, not 30 minutes later, another detector goes off, this time upstairs. At this point, It is almost 430. My wife is supposed to get up for work in 30 minutes and we all haven't slept much. So I pull the detector and every other one I can reach without a ladder, and we try to go back to sleep. And just as I am about to sleep, my dog bolts out of bed barking and growling again and flies downstairs. At this point I am thinking the worst and am not sure if I should grab the shotgun by my bed or find a fire extinguisher. I grab the gun and run after the dog down the stairs. He was growling at the door the leads to my gun room, which is still securely locked and only I have a key. But he is sure something is behind it. So I get my key and let him into the room, where he finds nothing but what should be there.

    At this point, my wife says screw it and starts to get ready for her day. We joke that we have ghosts. And my pup goes back to bed. I try to clean up some and then get ready for my day. Still don't know what the heck was going on.

    Hoping we might sleep better tonight.
    Any appliances in the basement?

    Years ago a friend was watching my Blue Heeler. One evening the dog went into the kitchen and started growling at the fridge. Two weeks later, the refrigerator pump stopped working. When the fridge was replaced, there was a burn mark on the linoleum tile. Oscar is on to something!

  23. #61103
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  24. #61104
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  25. #61105
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  26. #61106
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  27. #61107
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Amen, brother.


  28. #61108
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  29. #61109
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  30. #61110
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by hypoid View Post
    Any appliances in the basement?

    Years ago a friend was watching my Blue Heeler. One evening the dog went into the kitchen and started growling at the fridge. Two weeks later, the refrigerator pump stopped working. When the fridge was replaced, there was a burn mark on the linoleum tile. Oscar is on to something!
    Wow dude, you are on it! We have a kitchenette and bar area down there in the living room. Went to check on the 2 small fridges that are there after reading your post and one had water pour out of it when I opened it. It had stopped working sometime between yesterday and now, and had melted the ice build up that was in the freezer section. No burn marks or electrical smell and was still "running" but not cold. Guessing one of the lines broke and leaked the refrigerant which set of the gas detectors. Surprised my dog even noticed.

    Edit: for my horrible typing and non-proofreading
    Last edited by Aaron; May 16th, 2019 at 04:36 PM.

  31. #61111
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Wow dude, you are on it! We have a kitchenette and bar area down there in the living room. Went to check on the 2 small fridges that are there after reading your post and one had water pour out of it when I opened it. It had stopped working sometime between yesterday and now, and had melted the ice build up that was in the freezer section. Not burn marks are electrical smell and was still "running" but not cold. Guessing one of the lines broke and leaked the refrigerant which set of the gas detectors. Surprised my dog even noticed.

    Glad that everything is ok aside from the fridge and lost sleep. Dogs are amazing
    break, fix, repeat

  32. #61112
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Glad that everything is ok aside from the fridge and lost sleep. Dogs are amazing
    Me too. And we do not really need two fridges down there so we shouldn't have to buy a replacement, which is nice.

  33. #61113
    noahfecks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Glenwoody
    Member #
    13651
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Looks great. What's the extended wall in the first pic?
    Sssshhhhh, it's part of the bunker

  34. #61114
    Willie G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Parker, CO
    Member #
    1610
    Seen on a T-shirt:

    Good Morning....I see you missed your beauty sleep.
    Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway.
    Stupidity is the same.
    And thats why life is hard.

  35. #61115
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  36. #61116
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Seen on a T-shirt:

    Good Morning....I see you missed your beauty sleep.
    I kinda like, "You smell like sleep paralysis."

  37. #61117
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  38. #61118
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  39. #61119
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Since I've proven for months/years I don't require an audience for anything I post, I'm pretty confident this one will follow suit ...

    100 days until College Football Season begins...

  40. #61120
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    ... and GSW just won to go up 2-0 in the Western Conference Finals...

    ... no, not Gun Shot Wounds, GSW = Golden State Warriors


    ..... oh, yeah, it's basketball and it's not on strike....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •