View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1525 of 2052 FirstFirst ... 5251025142514751515152315241525152615271535157516252025 ... LastLast
Results 60,961 to 61,000 of 82076

Thread: The Lunatic Fringe (Part 2)

  1. #60961
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    Had the hydraulic power unit for my punch press die on me this morning. Not that upset considering it is over 15 years old. And because it is 3 phase and I have to run the phase converter in order to use it. That isn't a huge deal, just another extension cord across the shop. I will probably end up buying another power unit but in single phase this time as they are more common and cheaper in that configuration. But since I need the press now, I took some extra hydraulic lines and fitting I had on the shelf, and made extension lines from the pump off my bender to the cylinder on the punch press. Runs it just as quickly as the other pump, but not I have to use a hand to control the action instead of having both hands free by use of the foot control I had on the other setup. But it works.

    Now I need to figure out how to add the foot pedal onto the bender setup...

  2. #60962
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  3. #60963
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Guessing this neighborhood does not have an Architectural Control Committee.


  4. #60964
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Guessing this neighborhood does not have an Architectural Control Committee.


    no HOA, baby
    break, fix, repeat

  5. #60965
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    no HOA, baby
    Yep, and that guy took full advantage of it... gotta give him credit for going all the way with his plan.

  6. #60966
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  7. #60967
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  8. #60968
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  9. #60969
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  10. #60970
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Nopedy nope nope.
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

  11. #60971
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  12. #60972
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    This dude's in trouble....


  13. #60973
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    me likey


  14. #60974
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  15. #60975
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Just your basic run of the mill crawdad as car as i know. There are 2 small ponds within 100 yards of my house that are full of them but they also did holes and build castles and supposedly eat bugs and rotting vegetation.

    I dunno why some prefer to hang out in the water more than others.
    Actually, the ground is so saturated that if you dig a hole you will have water running into it before you get a foot deep so i guess the ones who dig holes and make castles are like me and don't like crowds so they just choose to have their own lil private pond. I dunno...

    All i know is i wish i could find a good way to get rid of them other than fishing each one out individually with a piece of string, a weight, and a piece of raw bacon.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  16. #60976
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    fawking u haul

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  17. #60977
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    it's just a truck it's just a truck it's just a truck


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  18. #60978
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    fawking u haul

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    That sucks beyond belief... I know since a similar thing happened to me with my boat about 5 years ago when the hitch latch popped loose and I messed up my tailgate (similar to yours) and held up traffic on Quebec @ 470 for a bit .... Nice dude in a jeep stopped and helped me lift it back on the ball.

    It was my 2nd time pulling and there wasn't a safety on the latch .... I did make one, but unfortunately, I didn't do it before the 2nd tow.

    Same damn trailer blew a tire going across Kansas and it blew the fender across the median and it hit an 18 wheeler .... I had no idea, but he turned around and found me changing the tire. I thought he was just being nice and offering help and the return of the missing fender .... He was indeed nice, but looking for my insurance info for the damage to his truck. That was a major bummer and I also felt pretty bad about it.

    Part of the tire did hit my (freshly painted) tailgate.... Fortunately, that did buff out.... That trailer definitely cost me some $$

    Sorry about your tailgate.... That really sucks.

  19. #60979
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    it's just a truck it's just a truck it's just a truck
    Tis true, and the right attitude ... but sucks nonetheless...

    When the leading edge of the tongue took a nice chunk of asphalt out of Quebec while I was still going forward, the safety chains did a nice job of launching the aforementioned tongue into the tailgate of a truck I had put way too much money in.

    I did not handle it as gracefully.

  20. #60980
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    The only time that has ever happened to me, it was my fault and luckily it didn't hurt anything but my pride.

    You sure that's not a 2 5/16 hitch on a 2 inch ball?


  21. #60981
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Broomfield
    Member #
    807
    Images
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    fawking u haul

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    it's just a truck it's just a truck it's just a truck


    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Dude!!! So sorry that this happened. That does not look like it'll buff out...

    The "fawking U Haul" comment leads me to believe this was their fault somehow. Why was U Haul driving your truck?

  22. #60982
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    This dude's in trouble....

    Off with his balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That's so much work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    fawking u haul

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    That blows. I triple check the trailers everytime u-haul hooks them up. And nearly every time, the fastener has been loose enough that this was definitely going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The only time that has ever happened to me, it was my fault and luckily it didn't hurt anything but my pride.

    You sure that's not a 2 5/16 hitch on a 2 inch ball?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  23. #60983
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post

    You sure that's not a 2 5/16 hitch on a 2 inch ball?
    That's the first question that crossed my mind.

  24. #60984
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    me likey

    Where do those second stairs go.

  25. #60985
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Dude!!! So sorry that this happened. That does not look like it'll buff out...

    The "fawking U Haul" comment leads me to believe this was their fault somehow. Why was U Haul driving your truck?
    Pretty much this.

  26. #60986
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy toozdee. 8 days till dunes. I started checking stuff of the list last night. Sounds like we are gonna have 30+ people and who knows how many pupperdawgs in our group this year. Can't wait.

  27. #60987
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Happy toozdee. 8 days till dunes. I started checking stuff of the list last night. Sounds like we are gonna have 30+ people and who knows how many pupperdawgs in our group this year. Can't wait.
    That sounds awesome!!!

  28. #60988
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Today is a very MEH day. Work email isn't working.. Not the best of moods.. Frustrations with home builder (if anyone has any experience on this front would love to chat)...

  29. #60989
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    I hate when people schedule meetings for me.... I don't really answer to many people aside from the owners and the GM. And normally they all know I am busy so they usually give me a call to see when I can help them out. The GM apparently missed the memo and decided to schedule 6 site walks with me on different prospective projects, all across different days. I pointed out to him that I needed some office time and that we could easily knock all 6 out in about 3 hours, so why don't we do that.

    He jokes about the owners being on the spectrum for being special, but I think I located the glitch....
    hookers and blow!

  30. #60990
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The only time that has ever happened to me, it was my fault and luckily it didn't hurt anything but my pride.

    You sure that's not a 2 5/16 hitch on a 2 inch ball?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Dude!!! So sorry that this happened. That does not look like it'll buff out...

    The "fawking U Haul" comment leads me to believe this was their fault somehow. Why was U Haul driving your truck?
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Off with his balls. That's so much work.That blows. I triple check the trailers everytime u-haul hooks them up. And nearly every time, the fastener has been loose enough that this was definitely going to happen.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure what happened but it seems like the latch failed. Trailer was for a 2" ball and that is a 2" ball. The U-Haul guy mentioned having a hard time getting it to latch but I double checked it and it seemed ok




    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  31. #60991
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    The truck wasn't a beauty queen to begin with but the tailgate was about the only dent free panel lol

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  32. #60992
    Wulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Member #
    15883
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That sucks beyond belief... I know since a similar thing happened to me with my boat about 5 years ago when the hitch latch popped loose and I messed up my tailgate (similar to yours) and held up traffic on Quebec @ 470 for a bit .... Nice dude in a jeep stopped and helped me lift it back on the ball.

    It was my 2nd time pulling and there wasn't a safety on the latch .... I did make one, but unfortunately, I didn't do it before the 2nd tow.

    Same damn trailer blew a tire going across Kansas and it blew the fender across the median and it hit an 18 wheeler .... I had no idea, but he turned around and found me changing the tire. I thought he was just being nice and offering help and the return of the missing fender .... He was indeed nice, but looking for my insurance info for the damage to his truck. That was a major bummer and I also felt pretty bad about it.

    Part of the tire did hit my (freshly painted) tailgate.... Fortunately, that did buff out.... That trailer definitely cost me some $$

    Sorry about your tailgate.... That really sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Tis true, and the right attitude ... but sucks nonetheless...

    When the leading edge of the tongue took a nice chunk of asphalt out of Quebec while I was still going forward, the safety chains did a nice job of launching the aforementioned tongue into the tailgate of a truck I had put way too much money in.

    I did not handle it as gracefully.
    Yeah it sucks that you had the same thing happen, especially in traffic. That would have made it super shitty and I know I would have made me even more pissed than I already was lol



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  33. #60993
    OFRD_GRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On my high horse...
    Member #
    11819
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'm not sure what happened but it seems like the latch failed. Trailer was for a 2" ball and that is a 2" ball. The U-Haul guy mentioned having a hard time getting it to latch but I double checked it and it seemed ok




    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Their trailers with the twist down locking mechanism are frigging worthless. They come loose as you drive, they never actually lock down very well. Overall a horrid design.

  34. #60994
    tacotoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Westminster
    Member #
    6222
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'm not sure what happened but it seems like the latch failed. Trailer was for a 2" ball and that is a 2" ball. The U-Haul guy mentioned having a hard time getting it to latch but I double checked it and it seemed ok




    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    ugh......

    i had something similar happen years ago with the taco, but i was able to cheat and cover it with some diamond plate. that one looks replacement worthy sadly. just go find a 5W/Goose Tailgate and no one will ever know.

  35. #60995
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  36. #60996
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  37. #60997
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  38. #60998
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  39. #60999
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

  40. #61000
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •