View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1386 of 1473 FirstFirst ... 3868861286133613761384138513861387138813961436 ... LastLast
Results 55,401 to 55,440 of 58891
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Damn...chipped a tooth. Strained and gritted too hard on a deadlift.
    damn dude, that sounds painful. Sounds like you're really pushing yourself

Member #
    Images
    Yikes!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    That sux.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    inb4 Andy and "any day is Thursday when you're retired"
    Actually, was gonna say it felt more like Tuesday...

Member #
    Images
    damn dude, that sounds painful. Sounds like you're really pushing yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Yikes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That sux.
    Actually didn't hurt and can't really see it. Was just enough that it was gritty like chewing glass when it happened. Took me a couple minutes to gather myself before going at it again.

Member #
    Images
    Sounds like you're really pushing yourself
    Am on a diet to drop body fat percentage (not a lose weight diet) so lifting is getting much tougher. I continue to progress (245DL today, 255lb next DL day - Monday) after taking a much needed 1 week 10% deload a couple weeks back.

I learned gaining weight (lean muscle mass) goes a whole lot easier when the body starts at a lower fat percentage than it is to bulk for strength with fat gain then transition to lose it. So I am starting my approach different (lower body fat before adding muscle and strength). Right now the phase is to maintain the lean muscle mass I have as fat percentage drops. The expectation is that lifting progress will likely slow and stall until I transition to chowing down on lots more carbs again. Worst case I may lose a little strength nearing the end of the fat loss phase but am assured it'll be so worth the sacrifice to stay focused to get it done and over with.

Is taking discipline for me to stay with it because I'm itching to gain strength but I'm (humbly) over 20%BF (about 21% or just under now) and need to at least get down to about 15% before hammering away at gains. The fortunate news is before end of Jan I should be under 20% enough that my macros can shift enough to add a lot more carbs for more energy and strength even though I'll still be in aggressive fat loss phase.

I don't know if 15%BF can be achieved by my birthday (March 7) but am so striving!! Haven't been that lean since the early 90s.

Member #
    Images
    Am on a diet to drop body fat percentage (not a lose weight diet) so lifting is getting much tougher. I continue to progress (245DL today, 255lb next DL day - Monday) after taking a much needed 1 week 10% deload a couple weeks back.

I learned gaining weight (lean muscle mass) goes a whole lot easier when the body starts at a lower fat percentage than it is to bulk for strength with fat gain then transition to lose it. So I am starting my approach different (lower body fat before adding muscle and strength). Right now the phase is to maintain the lean muscle mass I have as fat percentage drops. The expectation is that lifting progress will likely slow and stall until I transition to chowing down on lots more carbs again. Worst case I may lose a little strength nearing the end of the fat loss phase but am assured it'll be so worth the sacrifice to stay focused to get it done and over with.

Is taking discipline for me to stay with it because I'm itching to gain strength but I'm (humbly) over 20%BF (about 21% or just under now) and need to at least get down to about 15% before hammering away at gains. The fortunate news is before end of Jan I should be under 20% enough that my macros can shift enough to add a lot more carbs for more energy and strength even though I'll still be in aggressive fat loss phase.

I don't know if 15%BF can be achieved by my birthday (March 7) but am so striving!! Haven't been that lean since the early 90s.
    I would like to know what you are talking about and i really need to start paying attention to my body now that im getting old but,...... I just cant get to the want to bad enough to learn stage
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    I would like to know what you are talking about and i really need to start paying attention to my body now that im getting old but,...... I just cant get to the want to bad enough to learn stage
    gist: I'm fat and weak (self perception - but that's what really matters). I wanna be unfat and strong.

At 55, I know a large percentage of my bodyfat is visceral (on the inside around my organs, unseen on the outside - it's a fact of life as our bodies age). I am on a quest to see if I can be in better condition in my 50s & 60s than I was in my mid 20s. Not just leaner, not just stronger, but more athletic power which means powerful in all aspects. It's possible since I was no aerobic and strength super star back in my 20s (my bench press maxed at 235# X 3), I'm determined since I know a hell of a lot more than I did then, and what the fook else do I have to do all day if not learn physical conditioning and real nutrition? (that last statement was for Jake )

And hoping the next mtb crash I'll bounce instead of break.

Member #
    Images

One can only hope!

Just got my bone stimulator to try and get the stupid broken femur to heal without more surgery.

Member #
    Images
    That is a kick ass scar.

Member #
    Images
    Hope that works!! Surgeries always suck, no matter how minor.

Una where are all the cool bars in this area?

One can only hope!

Just got my bone stimulator to try and get the stupid broken femur to heal without more surgery.

Fingers crossed!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    That is a kick ass scar.
    Thanks! I hate it... The muscle behind it is destroyed.
    Hope that works!! Surgeries always suck, no matter how minor.
    Thanks!
    Una where are all the cool bars in this area?
    I haven't gone to the bar in ages.... Lol. I'm the wrong person to ask!
    Fingers crossed!
    Thanks!

Member #
    gist: I'm fat and weak (self perception - but that's what really matters). I wanna be unfat and strong.

At 55, I know a large percentage of my bodyfat is visceral (on the inside around my organs, unseen on the outside - it's a fact of life as our bodies age). I am on a quest to see if I can be in better condition in my 50s & 60s than I was in my mid 20s. Not just leaner, not just stronger, but more athletic power which means powerful in all aspects. It's possible since I was no aerobic and strength super star back in my 20s (my bench press maxed at 235# X 3), I'm determined since I know a hell of a lot more than I did then, and what the fook else do I have to do all day if not learn physical conditioning and real nutrition? (that last statement was for Jake )

That's actually pretty cool and awesome. I'm in better shape in my mid 40's than I was in my early 30's.... However, I've slacked off the past year and a half and have declined a bit in terms of fitness. I'm ready to get back into my routine and feel / look better again. If I were more social at the gym, I'd encourage the newbies, many of whom will fade off in the upcoming weeks. Unfortunately, I just concentrate on myself and tune everyone else out.

I figure I'll let the resolution crowds diminish a bit, but I do support them being there as I encourage anyone who wants to improve their health and physical condition.

Admittedly, I do avoid the New Year's resolution stuff as I'm a believer that you can choose to initiate change the other 364 days as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    That is a kick ass scar.
    yes it is!

Thanks! I hate it... The muscle behind it is destroyed.
    Stick with your positive attitude on your road to recovery. I hope the stimulator does it's job and you can avoid another surgery....Either way, You've proven how strong of a person you are and I'm confident you will continue to kick ass!

Member #
    Images
    yes it is!

Stick with your positive attitude on your road to recovery. I hope the stimulator does it's job and you can avoid another surgery....Either way, You've proven how strong of a person you are and I'm confident you will continue to kick ass!
    Thanks

Member #
    Images

Admittedly, I do avoid the New Year's resolution stuff as I'm a believer that you can choose to initiate change the other 364 days as well.
    I'm not a new years rez person at all but this year just happened to be coincidence. I started early last year (not a NY rez there either) but got delayed with the crash but my approach was a little backwards (strength and bulk) and Jan 1st this year seemed as good of demark for the change in approach so all tracking lines up perty.

I have some great equip in the basement with tall ceilings so no gym crowds to interfere or distract or wasted time driving to and from.

Not sure what I want to do for the ferd. The quotes I've gotten to rebuild the turbo are in the 450+ range, a reman is $500, and a new new one is $760....a new new stage one is $1250 but would support 500+hp with a tune....

But that includes having to buy a tuner and the additional wear from having a hot tune

I have some great equip in the basement with tall ceilings so no gym crowds to interfere or distract or wasted time driving to and from.
    I've been thinking about doing the same.Do you have a full power rack set up?

Member #
    Not a cool happening bar but I like The Royal Hilltop by The Movie Tavern..
    2 OF THE VOICES IN MY HEAD SAY THE WORLD IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. THE THIRD KEEPS YELLING PULL THE TRIGGER.

EVERY TIME YOU KEEP YOURE MOUTH SHUT SO YOU DONT OFFEND SOMEONE YOU LOSE A LITTLE PEACE OF YOURE 1ST AMENDMENT RIGHTS !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE STRANGER View Post
    Not a cool happening bar but I like The Royal Hilltop by The Movie Tavern..
    I'll have to check it out!

Una said something about buying us beers or something

Member #
    It was actually thurzdee this time. After 2 short weeks in a row, this week is taking a lot longer than a week to go by.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    I've been thinking about doing the same.Do you have a full power rack set up?
    Yep.

One can only hope!

That scar is something to brag about.

One can only hope!

How does it work? Is it bone growth stimulation thru vibration?
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Member #
    Images
    I'm thinking a zipper tattoo on that scar and tell future grandkids it was your weapons storage in your younger, spunkier days.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Yes it is!

I'm thinking a zipper tattoo on that scar and tell future grandkids it was your weapons storage in your younger, spunkier days.

It reminded me of something like these

break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Stupid winter is here again. Its not supposed to get above 50 for the rest of the week.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Stupid winter is here again. Its not supposed to get above 50 for the rest of the week.
    55 and sunny now, but high of 34 with white stuff tomorrow

No need to wash the truck today...

Member #
    Images
    I'll have to check it out!

Una said something about buying us beers or something
    Lol, I'll buy the first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    It was actually thurzdee this time. After 2 short weeks in a row, this week is taking a lot longer than a week to go by.
    Thank goodness!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo.TJ View Post
    Thanks! The muscle under it is so fawked, the photo doesn't show it well but it's super indented there.
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    How does it work? Is it bone growth stimulation thru vibration?
    Ultrasound I think. I was expecting lots of noise and vibrations. No noise and can't feel it working.
    I actually love this idea. And then wear a leg holster when I wear skirts/shorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yes it is!
    Thanks!

It reminded me of something like these

Lol, love them.

Member #
    Images
    Baby Tempi got her feet done today. Was better behaved than my 15 year old horse.

Member #
    55 and sunny now, but high of 34 with white stuff tomorrow

No need to wash the truck today...
    Supposed to rain tomorrow.

Member #
    Since the board isn't exactly a hot-bed of activity these days (and I'm usually just checking in here), I'll cross-post again....

....Found this Electric truck pretty interesting.

http://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/

Member #
    Just saw on the Nextdoor app that there's an injured baby doe in DTC near my house ... guess it's @ I-25 and Orchard and has been there for a couple of hours...

If it's still there at 4, they're gonna call the police to come out and it will be euthanized.

Anyone good at deer jerky, or are the young ones too tender?

I'm a meat-eater, but not much of a hunter. I think this might fall into my realm of hunting. I wished more cows were in the wild and available for hunting and not "owned by someone" since they 1) are delicious, and 2) don't run from you so you can hunt them by smackin' them on the head with a hammer.

Gotta imagine that Greenwood Village Po Po might not be cool with someone showing up to the euthanization with a make-shift plastic bed liner in their truck and a bunch of bags of ice.

Member #
    Images
    My experience with scared/hard running game is it's gamey as all hell. The problem with a car struck injured deer is the heavy doses of adrenaline coursing through its body.

Some people like that irony flavor but hard run/scared/car hit is likely to be so much more so as to make it untasty for anyone but the heartiest palate.

I was never able to get it out of meat regardless the aggressiveness of the marinade. Kinda like trying to cover up a fart sprayed with pine air freshener. It doesn't kill the fart and only serves to make it smell like someone shit a pine tree.

Member #
    I was kidding around, but have indeed heard similar reviews about the adrenaline thing affecting the taste....

......like someone shit a pine tree.
    Not to mention I'd imagine that would give you hemorrhoids that would slap the back of your knees...

Member #
    Images
    Not to argue but I'd think it'd scrape the walls smooth of any roids and polyps And depending on what one ate, it could mimic a 2x4 in a hurricane.

Member #
    lulz