View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1302 of 1307 FirstFirst ... 30280212021252129213001301130213031304 ... LastLast
Results 52,041 to 52,080 of 52274
  1. #52041
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Still raining.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  2. #52042
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    got turned down by another company after 3 interviews with them
    That's a bummer. The right one will come along.

  3. #52043
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    got turned down by another company after 3 interviews with them
    Call them back and ask them to reconsider.


    Assuming you want the job
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

  4. #52044
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That storm is at a cat 2 currently, right?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/weather...carolinas.html


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ďThe simple minded know many things that the wise ignoreĒ

  5. #52045
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I just saw that it had increased to cat 3.

  6. #52046
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    It should be a tropical storm by the time it hits the plantation but the Florida Panhandle could get slammed. If it stays on itís current track it is going to go right to the NC/SC border where it still is a total mess. One of my friends has an AG friend who lost all of his crop land, land that has been in the family for generations. He has no idea what he is going to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #52047
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    It should be a tropical storm by the time it hits the plantation but the Florida Panhandle could get slammed. If it stays on itís current track it is going to go right to the NC/SC border where it still is a total mess. One of my friends has an AG friend who lost all of his crop land, land that has been in the family for generations. He has no idea what he is going to do.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not a good thing for sure and i continue to hope and pray that all affected are able to restore what they lost.

  8. #52048
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    My rain gauge shows just a shade under 3" for the day which I am kind of surprised about. I would have thought it would have been more and it may have been at work even though its only 2 miles from here. The heavy rains were in small bunches.

    The storm that has been moving across all day has finally made it to the east of here which is a good thing because neither scooby or scrappy like to go out in the rain to pee but there is another huge blob of rain heading up from texas so we may not be done.

  9. #52049
    vb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    montrose
    Member #
    1190
    Images
    29
    Today was dry but we have some real dark clouds coming over now with some sprinkles

  10. #52050
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Today was dry but we have some real dark clouds coming over now with some sprinkles
    The big lake is over full and climbing although it lacks another 20' or so before major flooding like we had a couple years ago resulting in flooding parts of LA from the river coming out out lake texoma combined with their own rain.

    I don't see it getting to that stage but i will say that this is one wet ass fall. Lots of hay guys are losing crops because they are most likely not going to be able to get it out of the field before the 1st frost which makes the hay lose its nutrients for the most part.

    I just looked today and we have only had something like 58 inches of rain this year compared to 75-80 inches of rain for the last 3 years so we have actually had a lot less rain, and it came too late in the season.

  11. #52051
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Ugghhh. The urge to get out of bed this mernin did not exist.

  12. #52052
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    The lake came up 8" overnight which is a lot of water when you are talking about a lake with 550 miles of shore line.

  13. #52053
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    I wanna go back to bed and wake up in spring.

  14. #52054
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I just saw that it had increased to cat 3.
    Cat 4 now. Sucks....

  15. #52055
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    There's snow on the ground. I'm only half done with the French drain project behind the house. That does not make me happy.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

  16. #52056
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    There's snow on the ground. I'm only half done with the French drain project behind the house. That does not make me happy.
    Ugh, unfinished work needing done. I know that problem well. Hope you get it wrapped up soon!

  17. #52057
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    The lake came up 8" overnight which is a lot of water when you are talking about a lake with 550 miles of shore line.
    Wow! That's a lot of water

  18. #52058
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    got turned down by another company after 3 interviews with them
    Sorry man. They give a reason they passed you over? Hope you find something soon!

  19. #52059
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Starting to feel better. Still a little foggy brained. But managed to finish pulling wires for new lighting, insulated 80-90% of the walls, and insulatied a 1/4 of the ceiling yesterday. Hoping to continue the progress of feeling better and getting stuff accomplished.

  20. #52060
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    48
    Oooo, almost forgot with all that's going on, tonight is the Dead South concert up in Ft Fun! Should be a great time, even if I am sicker than a dog.

  21. #52061
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Oooo, almost forgot with all that's going on, tonight is the Dead South concert up in Ft Fun! Should be a great time, even if I am sicker than a dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Starting to feel better. Still a little foggy brained. But managed to finish pulling wires for new lighting, insulated 80-90% of the walls, and insulatied a 1/4 of the ceiling yesterday. Hoping to continue the progress of feeling better and getting stuff accomplished.

    I'm impressed by your drive to continue working while sick, a night off is well earned
    break, fix, repeat

  22. #52062
    protip: buy pedia-lyte powder packets and eat them like pixie sticks

    delicious and nutritious

  23. #52063
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sorry man. They give a reason they passed you over? Hope you find something soon!
    nah, just the typical "after careful consideration we've decided not to move forward" template email. Thanks man, I am getting tired of the interview stream.



    I guess it's freeing to be able to set my own hours and attendance without anyone noticing

  24. #52064
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I guess it's freeing to be able to set my own hours and attendance without anyone noticing
    Be careful with that, it can lead to apathy which is not good for a career (ask me how I know that). Remind yourself that you've done harder for longer (college) and got through that fine. You'll get through a company change just fine too when it happens.

  25. #52065
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Starting to feel better. Still a little foggy brained. But managed to finish pulling wires for new lighting, insulated 80-90% of the walls, and insulatied a 1/4 of the ceiling yesterday. Hoping to continue the progress of feeling better and getting stuff accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I'm impressed by your drive to continue working while sick, a night off is well earned
    This! When I get sick I tell the world to "F.O!! I ain't moving from my chair!" I'll admit I'm the biggest pussy when it comes to being sick.

  26. #52066
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    As expected, my patience in advancement wore thin...and fast. Took 2 weeks off for a trip to WI (just got back a few days ago) so I'm a little sore with DOMS again but have decided to advance at double weight until I reach a level that seems like I'm pushing. Guess I haven't lost as much strength as thought over the last few months off.

  27. #52067
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Be careful with that, it can lead to apathy which is not good for a career (ask me how I know that). Remind yourself that you've done harder for longer (college) and got through that fine. You'll get through a company change just fine too when it happens.

  28. #52068
    true, i have been a bit of a tool as of late with the apathy and all that

  29. #52069
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    A great movie! Can't help but watch it when it comes on...and Idiocracy.

  30. #52070
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Damn...look at the panic selling in the market today!

  31. #52071
    birddog59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Meeker
    Member #
    4251
    Images
    41
    So Michael jumped from a 2 to a 4. I guarantee there are going to be a lot of people who wished they had bugged out. This is one of the poorest parts of Florida with a lot of trailer homes. I am hoping and praying for the folks in the path. Friggin thing is wider than the state of Georgia.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #52072
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    So Michael jumped from a 2 to a 4. I guarantee there are going to be a lot of people who wished they had bugged out. This is one of the poorest parts of Florida with a lot of trailer homes. I am hoping and praying for the folks in the path. Friggin thing is wider than the state of Georgia.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #52073
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    A great movie! Can't help but watch it when it comes on...and Idiocracy.
    Office space was supposed to be a comedy, not a look into my future :O

  34. #52074
    Dave McDonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Closer to heaven than most
    Member #
    2824
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Office space was supposed to be a comedy, not a look into my future :O
    Dude in Office Space wound up with this:



    Not all bad......

  35. #52075
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    PC Load Letter??? WTF does that mean?

  36. #52076
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Damn it feels good to be a gansta

  37. #52077
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Hey Peter! .... Watch out for your cornhole, bud

  38. #52078
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I told those fudgepackers I like Michael Bolton's music

  39. #52079
    BumperMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Member #
    9209
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    So Michael jumped from a 2 to a 4. I guarantee there are going to be a lot of people who wished they had bugged out. This is one of the poorest parts of Florida with a lot of trailer homes. I am hoping and praying for the folks in the path. Friggin thing is wider than the state of Georgia.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I lived down there for a while. This could be really bad. Fortunately Floridians are tough.

  40. #52080
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    I'm thinking of taking that chick from Logistics.... If things go well, I might be showing her my O-face.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •