View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1265 of 1601 FirstFirst ... 26576511651215125512631264126512661267127513151365 ... LastLast
Results 50,561 to 50,600 of 64038
    Member #
    Yay me. The AC unit drain is evidently stopped up again and has flooded the carpet under my couch and beyond once again so i guess i get to add that to my list o' to do today.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Yay me. The AC unit drain is evidently stopped up again and has flooded the carpet under my couch and beyond once again so i guess i get to add that to my list o' to do today.
    The joys of home ownership....

OTOH, you are free to experiment and redesign the system to eliminate the problem.

Good Luck!
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Dang Taco, I hope things are getting better. I don't know how well I would handle that situation. That's tough.

morning loons.

Anyone know a place in the Springs to get 18' treated 2x6's? My big trailer needs a new deck and the supports are made for 18' boards.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Images
    Foxworth - Galbraith has been the place I've had to get lumber that was outside the typical Lowe's/HD offerings. There's one on Nevada between Predator and Filmore.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Cool, yeah I would appreciate that. I got the official quote and it's at about $3300 after tax... which would be doable but a little tight.
    Angela says that Animal Care Center of Aurora is right around $2k for an ACL surgery. Might give them a call.

http://www.animalcareaurora.com/

Thanks Andy, I will see if I can find the place.

Pup surgery sounds tough for the pup as well as the owner. I don't think I could keep my pups immobile long enough for them to heal afterwards.

Member #
    Images
    The CSU program is booked solid for a month from what I've been told.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Pup surgery sounds tough for the pup as well as the owner. I don't think I could keep my pups immobile long enough for them to heal afterwards.
    The acl stuff seems to heal pretty quick. Had one done on a Friday, lounged around with the dogs over the weekend and went back to work Monday so they were back to being relatively unsupervised for 6 hours until someone else got home.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Sorry to hear Taco! Hope things are able to calm down a bit for you and your family.

Member #
    Images
    Phew, had to sleep in a little today. Got to sleep till 8am! Am still very tired but it felt good to get some much needed rest. Have 15 different projects going on all at once, so it feels like I have been pretty productive, but really I just have a lot I need to complete.

Whole house has been vacuumed and just have to steam clean the carpets. The hardwoods have been cleaned and polished. Kitchen is clean and new contact paper is getting put into the drawers and cabinets. Got the sewer line repaired, but still need to reassemble the basement bathroom. And the new fence extension is going up. Will be the same style as the fence I did for my old property. Metal and wood brings the smiles to my face. I have a few more posts up from when I took this photo but it was getting dark

And got one of the interior walls taken down in the shop:

Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    Angela says that Animal Care Center of Aurora is right around $2k for an ACL surgery. Might give them a call.

http://www.animalcareaurora.com/
    oof, that is actually my vet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Quote Originally Posted by chester70 View Post
    The CSU program is booked solid for a month from what I've been told.
    Gotcha, thanks for asking around, I appreciate it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    OTOH, you are free to experiment and redesign the system to eliminate the problem.
    This is what i am doing as we speak. Fixin' to head to Lowes to get parts.

Also, while working on this project, i noticed that the water heater has about 1/2" of water in it so its failing. The house is now 10 years old so i guess its lived a good life but i just dont have time to deal with it so close to vacation so im just going to keep an eye on it and turn the water off to it before i leave for vacation.

If i was just going to replace it, i would do that because its quick and easy but i will be going tankless so i have to run heavier wire and all that crap.

Member #
    Images
    This is what i am doing as we speak. Fixin' to head to Lowes to get parts.

The wife uses Clorox in the our A/C drain to kill the Texas algae growing in the tube and plugging it up.
    She doesn't know what you are growing in your tube!...

Good luck.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post

The wife uses Clorox in the our A/C drain to kill the Texas algae growing in the tube and plugging it up.
    She doesn't know what you are growing in your tube!...

Good luck.. Don S..
    I have heard that dumping clorox in there is the thing to do but there isnt a convenient place to dump said bleach in my AC unit.

Hooked up my winch and smashed my finger to make sure it works

Also got the jeep to 7/32" toe in from 2 1/4" toe in lmao

I have heard that dumping clorox in there is the thing to do but there isnt a convenient place to dump said bleach in my AC unit.
    Drill one

Pulled the turbo off the F350 tonight. Would've been SO much easier if I had done it before. Unison ring is in good shape with little wear.

Got new turbo supply and drain lines ready. Will probably do the EGR cooler while I'm staring at it.

Also have the upgraded STC fitting if I can just get the courage to go that far. Tomorrow....

Pulled the turbo off the F350 tonight. Would've been SO much easier if I had done it before. Unison ring is in good shape with little wear.

Got new turbo supply and drain lines ready. Will probably do the EGR cooler while I'm staring at it.

Also have the upgraded STC fitting if I can just get the courage to go that far. Tomorrow....
    Hell yeah, are you gonna weld in some block plates in the factory one? Bullet proof egr? Motorcraft one?

Bullet Proof. Only had it for 6 years.... Probably don't need it, but it was a gift from the CFO, so on it goes.

Bullet Proof. Only had it for 6 years.... Probably don't need it, but it was a gift from the CFO, so on it goes.
    Sounds like an awesome gift to me

The 6.0 will be choochin along again soon!

There's a NIB Detroit locker on CL for $450 that I would love to throw in my truck...ugh lol

Stupid fawking brain decided it was time to wake up at 3 am again. Might have to investigate sleep meds again because doing this 3+ nights a week is not great lmao

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Stupid fawking brain decided it was time to wake up at 3 am again. Might have to investigate sleep meds again because doing this 3+ nights a week is not great lmao
    I have tried a few sleep meds and all have had the opposite effect on me as in i am wide freakin awake all night long after taking them. I talked to my doc about it and he said that is actually the case with some people. Ive just learned to live with it. Even thought the nights when i dont sleep suck, i really dont seem any more rested on the nights that i do sleep. It all evens out.

Member #
    Anyone have experience with tankless water heaters? I was convinced that was the way to go until i started reading some last night. It seems that one big expense issue lots of people have is running big wire to the unit which i dont think will be an issue in my case because my current water heater and breaker box are both in the garage so it wont be more than a 20' run. Any other positives or negatives i should look at?

No personal experience, but a quick search of this GCC forum using "tankless" turned up a bunch of results that might be helpful.

Or, can we just call you Guinea Pig?

Anyone have experience with tankless water heaters? I was convinced that was the way to go until i started reading some last night. It seems that one big expense issue lots of people have is running big wire to the unit which i dont think will be an issue in my case because my current water heater and breaker box are both in the garage so it wont be more than a 20' run. Any other positives or negatives i should look at?
    I was told that I need to replace the flu. The existing one isn't big enough. My water heater is in the basement and it would be major work on the house to replace it all the way to the roof.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    I was told that I need to replace the flu. The existing one isn't big enough. My water heater is in the basement and it would be major work on the house to replace it all the way to the roof.
    My house is all electric so that shouldn't be an issue.

Member #
    No personal experience, but a quick search of this GCC forum using "tankless" turned up a bunch of results that might be helpful.

Or, can we just call you Guinea Pig?

Yeah, last reply on one of those threads was probably at least 2 years old and technology changes fast.

I asked here because i know people here and will get honest answers.

Two weeks ago, i was about to buy a tuner for my truck but for every single one of them including the custom tune people, you get reviews all the way from this is the most fawesome thing in the world to its a waste of money and didnt do crap.

Online reviews are worthless which again, is why i asked here. I also texted Rex so maybe he will have some insight.

Member #
    Images
    My first experience owning one will be with the new property. I looked at going to one when we replaced the water heater at my old property. A good buddy convinced me out of it. In that case, the existing vent was not enough and would have added a decent expense to the project. Also, he suggested a water softener since the tankless make your water "harder" since it removes minerals, and our water was already pretty "hard". And that would have been another costly item.

He also warned that if multiple things are running at once (ie dishwasher, shower, clothes washer, etc) that you could run out of hot water as the tankless has no real reservoir. The purchase price is usually a bit more. Meaning the saving over the conventional takes years to recuperate. And the last thing I remember him telling me was that maintenance was a bunch more. But from what I have learned about my new system, it is basically just descaling the heater at least once a year to rid it of any minerals built up.

Member #
    Images
    Worked another long, hot day at the new property yesterday. Then the storm rolled though. Holy crap! The lightning was awesome. It was like a very bright blue light was constantly flickering. There were only seconds, if that, between the flashes, and that lasted for about 30 minutes. And it dumped close to an inch and a half of water in that time. Mostly rain, but a little hail.

Took a break this morning to tend to my wife who is sick. Sucks she feels bad during this stressful time, and that she can not provide much help because of it. And that is stressing her out more. And honestly, I could care less, and just want to see her happy/healthy. The work and the moving will get done when it gets done. That being said, I need to get going to the paint store to pick up my order or the new fencing will never get stained.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    My first experience owning one will be with the new property. I looked at going to one when we replaced the water heater at my old property. A good buddy convinced me out of it. In that case, the existing vent was not enough and would have added a decent expense to the project. Also, he suggested a water softener since the tankless make your water "harder" since it removes minerals, and our water was already pretty "hard". And that would have been another costly item.

He also warned that if multiple things are running at once (ie dishwasher, shower, clothes washer, etc) that you could run out of hot water as the tankless has no real reservoir. The purchase price is usually a bit more. Meaning the saving over the conventional takes years to recuperate. And the last thing I remember him telling me was that maintenance was a bunch more. But from what I have learned about my new system, it is basically just descaling the heater at least once a year to rid it of any minerals built up.
    All electric at my house so venting isnt an issue. Again, reviews are all the way from its awesome to its a waste of money.

Member #
    Gone kayak fishing....

Member #
    Images
    Unfortunately sick and stressed reinforce each other. Get her drunk so she'll relax and get better

Member #
    Images
    Went to the store for some tortilla chips. That was a cluster fook!

Need some new screen material to fix some basement screens. After that fooked up mess just at the grocery, not gonna go to town until tomorrow.

Member #
    Images
    All electric at my house so venting isnt an issue. Again, reviews are all the way from its awesome to its a waste of money.
    Ok, everything else still applies. I wasn't offering a review as I haven't lived with one for a long period yet. Just offering up what I had learned this far.

Member #
    Images
    What is your incoming water temp? I know based on the table here in CO an electric unit you have to get a pretty big one to be able to still have the temp rise that you need. I just checked the Rheem Table for them and the 24kw unit is the smallest you can get that can flow 6gpm with only a 30 degree rise. Figure your shower draws about 3gpm, so plan for about 60 degree rise, but if your water is only 55 degrees coming into the house then that means you are almost all hot water for your shower.
    hookers and blow!