View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1253 of 1308 FirstFirst ... 2537531153120312431251125212531254125512631303 ... LastLast
Results 50,081 to 50,120 of 52296
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I spent almost every evening last week calling for insurance quotes on my house, truck, trailer, and yamaha because Farmers thinks they have to jack the premium on everything every single time the policies renew.

I used to price check and change insurance every couple of years and have been with most of the "popular" ones at least once if not multiple times. I dont even know how many times i have been with farmers and this time i have been with them for almost 10 years.

You would think that they would give a loyalty discount or something but it seems more like after you are with them for a long time, they think that you won't drop them and they can just rape you.

I haven't been with allstate before i don't think although i am sure i have got quotes from them in the past but it looks like that's where i am headed as they are about 30% cheaper than Farmers across the board with matching or better coverage and deductables.
    insurance is such a farce. Last time I got quotes nationwide was 30% higher and would not keep following up asking if I was ready to switch lol
    break, fix, repeat

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Like the fact it's a diesel. Dislike the mileage and the flatbed with roll bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Like the fact it's a diesel. Dislike the mileage and the flatbed with roll bar.
    dawg it's the finest triple hoop schedule 40 bar you will find for miles

Member #
    Images
    I spent almost every evening last week calling for insurance quotes on my house, truck, trailer, and yamaha because Farmers thinks they have to jack the premium on everything every single time the policies renew.

I used to price check and change insurance every couple of years and have been with most of the "popular" ones at least once if not multiple times. I dont even know how many times i have been with farmers and this time i have been with them for almost 10 years.

You would think that they would give a loyalty discount or something but it seems more like after you are with them for a long time, they think that you won't drop them and they can just rape you.

I haven't been with allstate before i don't think although i am sure i have got quotes from them in the past but it looks like that's where i am headed as they are about 30% cheaper than Farmers across the board with matching or better coverage and deductables.
    Have you tried State Farm?

Heard back from another recruiter that phone screened me before I left. I guess pending feedback from one more manager they would like to invite me to interview with them.
    got the inv for an actual interview

Member #
    Images
    dawg it's the finest triple hoop schedule 40 bar you will find for miles
    heard. I am holding out for a quad bar

Member #
    Images
    got the inv for an actual interview
    Congrats!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    I had fun doing it though.
    Good to hear!

Member #
    Images
    Mmmm tacos
    Of almost all varieties....
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    vertical taco?

Member #
    Have you tried State Farm?
    Yeah, they came in barely cheaper on the truck and house and a whole lot higher on the yamaha if i remember right. I have been with them a couple of different time in the past.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    That's a tasty looking taco.

feeling overwhelmed at krow, both of my projects are kind of in meltdown status and I have a bunch of critical work to complete.

Member #
    Images
    2 years ago while wheeling up at Holy Cross, we ran into a land owner from up near the city. He was in the process of trying to get supplies up to his land without a vehicle that could easily conquer the trail. So he was carrying supplies up on his back. Once we learned this, we immediately offered to carry up what we could in our trucks. Ended up saving him more than a dozen trips on foot and we were able to carry some heavy windows and long pieces of lumber that on foot would have been nearly impossible. Long story short, he just emailed looking for help playing pack mule again. Was an interesting time trying to wheel while not damaging any materials. Added a new element to it. Hope to be able to find time to help him again.

Not sure how far I'd get on 31's but I'd love to go and help.
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Not sure how far I'd get on 31's but I'd love to go and help.
    The open on 31's and no body protection would make for a LONG day even if we weren't carrying supplies (extra weight0. What you should do is convince Wulf he needs to take the YJ and then you could haul him up and back and we get extra hands and an extra rig!

Member #
    Images
    Couple photos from the last time out:

It is national tequila day and taco Tuesday.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...a-day-july-24/

I approve of previously posted taco and taco holder
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Images
    Loons

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    It is national tequila day and taco Tuesday.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/nati...a-day-july-24/

I approve of previously posted taco and taco holder
    Ummm. Wasn't that last week??? Or is it not July 31?

Ummm. Wasn't that last week??? Or is it not July 31?
    He's still on the bender that started last Tuesday

Member #
    Hump, hump, hump.

Hump, hump, hump.
    one day closer to the weekend!

bleh heh heh

The open on 31's and no body protection would make for a LONG day even if we weren't carrying supplies (extra weight0. What you should do is convince Wulf he needs to take the YJ and then you could haul him up and back and we get extra hands and an extra rig!
    I could be persuaded

would probably have to trailer it there because driving up i70 at 40mph doesn't sound super fun

Member #
    Images
    A friend gets lobster mushrooms sprouting on the property and I get to benefit from it. A bag of em hanging on the mailbox yesterday and I'm digging in. Mmmm...just finished a bacon, cheese, and fresh lobster mushroom omelet.

anyone think it's worth trying a Lunatic4x4 reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    A friend gets lobster mushrooms sprouting on the property and I get to benefit from it. A bag of em hanging on the mailbox yesterday and I'm digging in. Mmmm...just finished a bacon, cheese, and fresh lobster mushroom omelet.

Member #
    Images
    And on a second note...we're Jeepless for the first time in 20 years. The axle noise from that aluminum D44 on the Grand Cherokee (2003 Overland) has been increasing the last few months so we decided to move it out before we had to spend money on it. No way I could offer it here on CO4x4 in good conscience knowing I was passing that to any of you so we traded it in so it'd go to auction and/or salvaged for parts.

We don't change vehicles often (that 2003 WJ was our newest) so we try to make big jumps when replacing a vehicle to get to within 3 years of new and less than 50k miles knowing we expect to keep it for nearly 10 years. Decided to move on to luxury and comfort for traveling.

Get this... the new ride has a ball drier!!!! Fer reals!! It doesn't wash em but it'll dry em (...as in air conditioned seats)

Got a screaming a deal on a 2016, 20,000 mile, loaded MKX for 47% off new. $2000 Eco Boost engine upgrade and 22 position seats were the only options it wasn't loaded with. I preferred the Eco Boost engine but not dissatisfied with the nat asp engine it has at all. This is one step shy of a self driving car (I tested Lane Assist by letting go of wheel and it pulls itself back into it's lane during a light drift towards the lane edge). 360* view camera is frickin amazing what it shows around the vehicle when backing up. Damned thing comes with a War and Peace sized manual to figure everything out.

Nope, it would just be the same group that barely posts here anymore
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Nope, it would just be the same group that barely posts here anymore
    ^^^ This! If people were interested in forums, there are plenty around still. Only thing that is keeping this place and others like it around is the core community and the information that these sites retain. New sites will have neither.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    And on a second note...we're Jeepless for the first time in 20 years. The axle noise from that aluminum D44 on the Grand Cherokee (2003 Overland) has been increasing the last few months so we decided to move it out before we had to spend money on it. No way I could offer it here on CO4x4 in good conscience knowing I was passing that to any of you so we traded it in so it'd go to auction and/or salvaged for parts.

We don't change vehicles often (that 2003 WJ was our newest) so we try to make big jumps when replacing a vehicle to get to within 3 years of new and less than 50k miles knowing we expect to keep it for nearly 10 years. Decided to move on to luxury and comfort for traveling.

Get this... the new ride has a ball drier!!!! Fer reals!! It doesn't wash em but it'll dry em (...as in air conditioned seats)

Got a screaming a deal on a 2016, 20,000 mile, loaded MKX for 47% off new. $2000 Eco Boost engine upgrade and 22 position seats were the only options it wasn't loaded with. I preferred the Eco Boost engine but not dissatisfied with the nat asp engine it has at all. This is one step shy of a self driving car (I tested Lane Assist by letting go of wheel and it pulls itself back into it's lane during a light drift towards the lane edge). 360* view camera is frickin amazing what it shows around the vehicle when backing up. Damned thing comes with a War and Peace sized manual to figure everything out.
    Congrats on the new ball drier!

Member #
    Images
    I could be persuaded
    would probably have to trailer it there because driving up i70 at 40mph doesn't sound super fun
    Funny, it's like someone had that thought already

What you should do is convince Wulf he needs to take the YJ and then you could haul him up and back and we get extra hands and an extra rig!

Member #
    Images
    2 years ago while wheeling up at Holy Cross, we ran into a land owner from up near the city. He was in the process of trying to get supplies up to his land without a vehicle that could easily conquer the trail. So he was carrying supplies up on his back. Once we learned this, we immediately offered to carry up what we could in our trucks. Ended up saving him more than a dozen trips on foot and we were able to carry some heavy windows and long pieces of lumber that on foot would have been nearly impossible. Long story short, he just emailed looking for help playing pack mule again. Was an interesting time trying to wheel while not damaging any materials. Added a new element to it. Hope to be able to find time to help him again.
    I am out for this weekend. WAY too much going on. Going to try to get a solid date from the land owner for September and will let you all know.

Member #
    Images
    I am out for this weekend. WAY too much going on. Going to try to get a solid date from the land owner for September and will let you all know.
    I'll watch and see if I can help as well. Wheeling and helping out ain't a bad thing.

Funny, it's like someone had that thought already
    sorry brain is still booting up for the day

besides, towing a jeep up i70 at 40mph in a truck that doesn't build boost doesn't sound super fun

Member #
    Images
    So.... past the creek? lol. It has been years since I have been up there, but I might be interested in making the trip depending on when we are thinking?
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    sorry brain is still booting up for the day

besides, towing a jeep up i70 at 40mph in a truck that doesn't build boost doesn't sound super fun
    Take the taco, worst case you haul stuff up to the creek and let other people take it the remaining 1/2ish

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Take the taco, worst case you haul stuff up to the creek and let other people take it the remaining 1/2ish
    prob not, needs 2 front axle seals right now