View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1204 of 1308 FirstFirst ... 20470411041154119412021203120412051206121412541304 ... LastLast
Results 48,121 to 48,160 of 52310
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I need pretty much everything from the knuckles out and some custom shafts.

I was hoping to build the axle this summer and do the swap this winter but we all know how that goes
    We have several good folks on here that are very familiar with the Toy IFS and who can rebuild it faster than you can.

Perhaps, just this once, you should let them have it in the interest of time and money?

(Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    That may be true in an older straight axle. But Jake runs IFS.
    Dang, i knew that but forgot it. Oldtimerz disease.....
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Bummer. Did you replace said seal? Or reuse the old one?
    I reused the old one since it wasn't leaking.

Im hoping it was just residual fluid from when I pulled the because it doesn't seem to have dripped any more today but I haven't driven it either
    break, fix, repeat

What a glorious weekend this has been. Fantastic.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    What a glorious weekend this has been. Fantastic.
    Yup. Summahtime is most awesome.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

Im hoping it was just residual fluid
    That'd be sweet

Member #
    Images
    Calling REX!!!!

Thoughts on: 8110 W 50th Ave, Arvada, CO 80002

Am I crazy to think that this property is listed at a minimum $100K to much? Honestly, I can see even $150K too much.

I kinda like it and it almost fits our needs/wants. But I really don't like the price tag. My new realtor thinks that it might be $25K too high, but that properties in Arvada like this are rare so they are costly. I just don't see where it has risen in value over $$310K in under a year, even with a complete remodel in the house and the obvious remodel to turn the building into a studio

That'd be sweet
    I think I was wrong lol

Calling REX!!!!

Am I crazy to think that this property is listed at a minimum $100K to much? Honestly, I can see even $150K too much.

I kinda like it and it almost fits our needs/wants. But I really don't like the price tag. My new realtor thinks that it might be $25K too high, but that properties in Arvada like this are rare so they are costly. I just don't see where it has risen in value over $$310K in under a year, even with a complete remodel in the house and the obvious remodel to turn the building into a studio
    My dude that place looks sweet! I do agree it seems like a lot of money but there aren't too many properties like that which are so close to Denver

The commute would make Mrs B happy

I lifted then have been in the garage welding and grinding since. I smell like a taint carnival

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Dang, i knew that but forgot it. Oldtimerz disease.....
    haha you just admitted to being old

Member #
    haha you just admitted to being old
    There is no sense in denying it.

Calling REX!!!!

Wow. That's a nice looking place. I like that "photo studio". All that glass/metal/exposed ductwork is 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻.

Member #
    Calling REX!!!!

It does seem high and the appraisal would be tricky. There really isn't anything comparable (that's easy to find) from a value perspective. It sold for $335K in '13 and now it's $850K?

The previous listing touted that the house was updated then with the granite counters, etc., but the plans for the big building had just been approved by the city. I'm not sure how the addition of some of those buildings will be viewed in terms of amount of increase in value.

It's a very cool property and I really like the patina'd look of the metal building with it's fresh, modern look inside. The lot size is awesome. I'd think the vicinity to commercial and I70 as well as the square footage of the main house would put some limits on the price tag.

If you feel like you could get it a reasonable price, it would be a cool place to have. I'd be curious of what the impact of I70 is in person. Whatever is on the 2 lots to the south might be enough of a buffer, I'm just not sure what is on those lots.

Keep us posted!

Member #
    Just updated the rabbit count ... Dad:5; Trey:3

Member #
    You have lots of bunnies.

Member #
    You have lots of bunnies.
    The trash truck will have 4 tomorrow.

Member #

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Bad example:

Member #
    Cool example:

Found some time to dedicate to the YJ even though I ran out of gas

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Bad example:

this reminds me of the really obese people who somehow manage to have the genetics which cause it to all collect below the waist

The trash truck will have 4 tomorrow.
    hmmm got any stray dogs in the neighborhood? :p

Wow. That's a nice looking place. I like that "photo studio". All that glass/metal/exposed ductwork is 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻.
    I think Aaron may have missed the shot at a modeling career so it will probably all get ripped out for a fab shop

mmmmm

Member #
    Just updated the rabbit count ... Dad:5; Trey:3
    Nice
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

Member #
    Images
    66 fer da high temp today and some water drops fell from the sky more than once
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    If i go to sleep, mundee is gonna be here. I dunno that i want that.

I think Aaron may have missed the shot at a modeling career so it will probably all get ripped out for a fab shop

If i go to sleep, mundee is gonna be here. I dunno that i want that.
    It's coming either way. Might as well meet it after a good nights rest.

Member #
    Images
    The streets got wet but the dust didnt even settle

Member #
    Looks like a high of 90 tomorrow

Member #

Member #
    Images
    87 tomorrow. 90 and 91 for the next 10 days

Member #
    Images
    It does seem high and the appraisal would be tricky. There really isn't anything comparable (that's easy to find) from a value perspective. It sold for $335K in '13 and now it's $850K?

The previous listing touted that the house was updated then with the granite counters, etc., but the plans for the big building had just been approved by the city. I'm not sure how the addition of some of those buildings will be viewed in terms of amount of increase in value.

It's a very cool property and I really like the patina'd look of the metal building with it's fresh, modern look inside. The lot size is awesome. I'd think the vicinity to commercial and I70 as well as the square footage of the main house would put some limits on the price tag.

If you feel like you could get it a reasonable price, it would be a cool place to have. I'd be curious of what the impact of I70 is in person. Whatever is on the 2 lots to the south might be enough of a buffer, I'm just not sure what is on those lots.

Keep us posted!
    Thanks. Not sure about the traffic noise yet. And honestly I am not a player at that price. I don't care if it goes away for more than asking, in my opinion, that property isn't worth more than something with a 6 or 7 in front.

I am still a bit upset that the 10+ acre horse property in Thornton we looked at ended up going for what it did. Nice house, 7-10 outbuildings including an indoor 7000+ sqft arena that went for just under $900K. Our old realtor told us there was no way it would go for that cheap and wouldn't even put an offer in for us. Then it goes and sells for less than what our offer would have been. Hence the new realtor, and why I have a hard time paying close to the same amount for MUCH less.

My new realtor is pushing my pretty hard for a property near another that I had wanted. The property sounds great, and has been on the market for a little bit. 3+ acres with a 3 bd, 2 ba tri level and a small barn and shed. The house would need a complete remodel, and I'd have to put up a shop. Pricing is right if all the new construction stayed within "budget". But we all know that NEVER happens. Plus I LOATHE tri-levels.

Is it wrong that I kinda just want a property I can move on to a be happy without a lot of remodeling and/or construction? I feel like for the price range we are searching in, that should be do-able. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Aaron; June 3rd, 2018 at 10:54 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Lol, the only model I would be good for is a "before" in a diet campaign

Member #
    Images
    Lol, yeah, they ruined a perfectly good shop trying to be "artsy". That layout is complete crap unless you are shooting BIG pieces like equipment of vehicles. Or group orgies. All would be ripped out and depending on where plumbing was run, new bathrooms may even need to be built.

Member #
    Thanks. Not sure about the traffic noise yet. And honestly I am not a player at that price. I don't care if it goes away for more than asking, in my opinion, that property isn't worth more than something with a 6 or 7 in front.

I am still a bit upset that the 10+ acre horse property in Thornton we looked at ended up going for what it did. Nice house, 7-10 outbuildings including an indoor 7000+ sqft arena that went for just under $900K. Our old realtor told us there was no way it would go for that cheap and wouldn't even put an offer in for us. Then it goes and sells for less than what our offer would have been. Hence the new realtor, and why I have a hard time paying close to the same amount for MUCH less.

My new realtor is pushing my pretty hard for a property near another that I had wanted. The property sounds great, and has been on the market for a little bit. 3+ acres with a 3 bd, 2 ba tri level and a small barn and shed. The house would need a complete remodel, and I'd have to put up a shop. Pricing is right if all the new construction stayed within "budget". But we all know that NEVER happens. Plus I LOATHE tri-levels.

Is it wrong that I kinda just want a property I can move on to a be happy without a lot of remodeling and/or construction? I feel like for the price range we are searching in, that should be do-able. Am I wrong?
    I can't answer your last question as we all define those parameters differently. I'd think you'd be able to find a reasonable compromise between the extremes, but I haven't been involved with your search and it doesn't match what I look for on a daily basis.

It sounds like your old Realtor screwed up and wasn't really representing you properly. Yeah, you can't expect someone to write a never-ending stream of "low-ball" offers, but you also have to expect to write a few offers that don't stick for your clients so they adjust their strategy on future offers when they find a property they really want. It kinda sounds like you didn't get that opportunity and had it been given, you'd likely have the property you wanted and that Realtor would've collected a nice commission as opposed to being replaced.

I found out that I can like any model of house. I never minded tri-levels, but I used to hate bi-levels. All of that started going away when I found ways to make them all cool. In my mind's eye, I've always wanted a ranch, but I live in a 4-level that lives more like a 2-story....(lower level (not basement) is truly at grade and is 2 shallow steps below main level which is slightly above grade..... I don't mind a couple of steps going outside from the main level) ...

...Either way, I've made some terrible tri-levels into pretty cool homes... and I think that can happen with most styles of homes. If you can't physically deal with stairs, it becomes moot.

....Not saying your new Realtor should be pushing you toward a property, but I'm always about seeing real estate. Looking at the wrong answers make you recognize and act quickly when you find the right ones.