View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1173 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 173673107311231163117111721173117411751183 ... LastLast
Results 46,881 to 46,920 of 47568
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    faster than I can get the money from the bank, probably. Unless I'm sick tomorrow... even then might be gone
    If you are seriously shopping for a truck on CL, probably a good idea to get a cash stash out of the bank to your idea of a max. When I was shopping CL deals on vehicles, that was the difference in me beating out others to get the deal.... especially with not being able to go to the bank on evenings and weekends.

Being able to grab an envelope the minute you find a truck / speak to the seller and head out the door definitely gives you a big advantage.

I remember one time my buddy Morgan whom Aaron knows asked if I could take money to a seller and get the title and keys because he would not be able to get there for several hours (it was close to my house). I grabbed some cash and had Jodi drive me so I could just drive the truck to my house until he could get there....might've even been the next day, but we just did that stuff for each other.... There was never a deal on a Dodge diesel that one of about 4 of us wouldn't see within 2 hours of it getting posted and we'd either race to it or start calling each other about it.... Those days were fun.

I use Ally for my savings since the interest rate is 1.5%. It takes a day to transfer from Ally to WF so I can withdraw it in a bank.
    You got me there

I can make money appear in your account if I really want, but I dont want :fangerz:
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Make the phone call. Amazing where a little chatting might take you. Worst case is he still has it, is willing to negotiate, and willing to hold it for you till the weekend.
    Also this.....If necessary, you could make the trip up tomorrow evening/night to transact the deal and go back for the truck over the weekend....

Member #
    Images
    I think this calls for an extra stoli tonight
    ^^^ This

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That age passed me by a while back
    Passed me a while back too.

Also this.....If necessary, you could make the trip up tomorrow evening/night to transact the deal and go back for the truck over the weekend....
    True. My buddy was actually coming down to Denver this Saturday from FTC so he could possibly drive it.
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    I hurt
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    I hurt
    Sorry dude, I would be too. Get some rest.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    I remember one time my buddy Morgan whom Aaron knows asked if I could take money to a seller and get the title and keys because he would not be able to get there for several hours (it was close to my house). I grabbed some cash and had Jodi drive me so I could just drive the truck to my house until he could get there....might've even been the next day, but we just did that stuff for each other.... There was never a deal on a Dodge diesel that one of about 4 of us wouldn't see within 2 hours of it getting posted and we'd either race to it or start calling each other about it.... Those days were fun.
    Normally I'd be willing to do this for you again Jake. You should know by now I am always willing to help when I can. But I am really pinched for time the next few days. I might be able to make some time Saturday evening if you need some help with transport, but am booked up the rest of the time.

But if you do go after a 6.0L, make sure to heed Willie's advice from a couple pages back. In fact, I would print that out and laminate it and stick it in the money envelope that you will now be keeping in your home safe from now on for instances just like this.

Member #
    Images
    I hurt
    Sorry to hear. I understand pain myself lately. I gave up riding the bike when I hurt my back. It never got comfortable again for me even after my surgery. Well I have been decent about my stretches and exercise routine lately but am in some serious need of more cardio. So I am giving the bike another try. Damn my ass is sore as I am not used to the seat yet, and every day this week has felt like leg day.

Member #
    Normally I'd be willing to do this for you again Jake. You should know by now I am always willing to help when I can. But I am really pinched for time the next few days. I might be able to make some time Saturday evening if you need some help with transport, but am booked up the rest of the time.

But if you do go after a 6.0L, make sure to heed Willie's advice from a couple pages back. In fact, I would print that out and laminate it and stick it in the money envelope that you will now be keeping in your home safe from now on for instances just like this.

I hope no one thinks I was suggesting someone should do this.... I was just reminiscing and the money was much less.

It'll be good if Jake is going to do the cash stash though..

Member #
    Images
    I hope no one thinks I was suggesting someone should do this.... I was just reminiscing and the money was much less.

It'll be good if Jake is going to do the cash stash though..
    Just letting him know I'd be willing to help out again if needed, when I am able.

Member #
    Images
    My front yard is finally coming along! I am enjoying the fact that I started it from seed last year, in soil that wouldn't even grow weeds reliably. I have finally got the soil right and the grass is entering it's second year so it's finally getting established. I have been good about using weed and feed once a year, organic fertilizer 4 times a year, overseeding twice a year, organic chemical aeration 3-5 times a year, manual aeration once a year, and good watering schedule (just switched to every other day watering cycle). Grass is now growing so thick that even with cutting it every 3-4 days it wants to stall my freshly sharpened mower blade. This makes me so happy. If I take the time to edge everything soon, I might be able to compete with my neighbor down the bock who has always had the nicest lawn around. Honestly I am just happy that people stop and complement me on it nearly every time I am watering it. Make all the hard work semi-worth it.

Here is a crappy photo set from this afternoon after a quick mow and water:

Last edited by Aaron; May 8th, 2018 at 07:15 PM.

Trash people missed my house again. I called them after they missed last time. Might just do a CC charge back and get service from someone else.

That is a more than generous offer and I really appreciate it :beer

We'll see. I should be able to figure out something if I were to go get it...still a little uncertain but I did start the transfer of some money into my WF account

All along the watchtower Princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went Barefoot servants, too
    Outside in the cold distance A wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching And the wind began to howl

Trash people missed my house again. I called them after they missed last time. Might just do a CC charge back and get service from someone else.

I have 2 completely full cans and a couple of extra bags since they missed last time. And that's after I took some to throw away in the dumpster at work.

Wulf- you seem to like 6.0's, have you seen this one?

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/c...583360819.html
    lol his VM is full already

Member #
    #3 on the list would be a good candidate for Trey....little more than I'd want to spend, but might be worth it.... I'm still a year away

Member #
    lol his VM is full already
    Text him?

Text him?
    Done already

Member #
    Images
    I like the last 3 on the tundra list. The 05-06 is where i would look

My front yard is finally coming along! I am enjoying the fact that I started it from seed last year, in soil that wouldn't even grow weeds reliably. I have finally got the soil right and the grass is entering it's second year so it's finally getting established. I have been good about using weed and feed once a year, organic fertilizer 4 times a year, overseeding twice a year, organic chemical aeration 3-5 times a year, manual aeration once a year, and good watering schedule (just switched to every other day watering cycle). Grass is now growing so thick that even with cutting it every 3-4 days it wants to stall my freshly sharpened mower blade. This makes me so happy. If I take the time to edge everything soon, I might be able to compete with my neighbor down the bock who has always had the nicest lawn around. Honestly I am just happy that people stop and complement me on it nearly every time I am watering it. Make all the hard work semi-worth it.

Damn that is the finest residential lawn I've ever seen

Member #
    Images
    Dunkin can you put money in my account?
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Member #
    Images
    I will show you how to make your lawn look like that.

Member #

Its looking good.

I never would have thought i would have cared about having a nice lawn as much as i do but im old now.

GET OF MAH LAWN!!!!!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    My lawn was pretty good last year but is hopefully better this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Ive always had nice lawns. This place can not grow anything but cheat grass and just a few weeds and even those have a hard time

Member #
    I was unhappy with how the questionably documented workers left my lawn around the newly reconstructed mailbox after they built it today. They did an awesome job of building the mailbox but did a craptastic job of clean up.

There was a 15 foot circumference around said newly constructed mailbox that was covered in rock chips and mortar all over the yard that i spent 3 hours this evening cleaning up and I'm sure i didn't get it all.

I did get the number plate installed after i did the clean up but that was in the almost dark. I still need to install the lil flag so i can mail stuff.

Member #
    Images
    Damn that is the finest residential lawn I've ever seen
    Lol, I was just going to say you must have forgotten about CC's! But CC beat me too it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I was unhappy with how the questionably documented workers left my lawn around the newly reconstructed mailbox after they built it today. They did an awesome job of building the mailbox but did a craptastic job of clean up.

There was a 15 foot circumference around said newly constructed mailbox that was covered in rock chips and mortar all over the yard that i spent 3 hours this evening cleaning up and I'm sure i didn't get it all.

I did get the number plate installed after i did the clean up but that was in the almost dark. I still need to install the lil flag so i can mail stuff.

Bummer about the grass but the mailbox looks good!

Ive always had nice lawns. This place can not grow anything but cheat grass and just a few weeds and even those have a hard time
    Sounds about right. At least you don't have to sweat the maintainance as much

Member #
    Lol, I was just going to say you must have forgotten about CC's! But CC beat me too it.
    Yours will be right there from the looks of it. I dont know that i would ever have the patience or luck to get a good yard going from seed like it looks like you have going.

Got Molly's lab back.

1/8 American Staffordshire Terrier
    1/8 American Bulldog
    1/8 Labrador Retriever
    5/8 Indistinct herding/sport/guard/asian dog

Member #
    Images
    Been looking at gas mileage on Fuelly and users are averaging only 2mpg better in a diesel truck than a gas one.

The price difference between a gas and a diesel would buy a lot of fuel too.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...581578993.html
    I did the math. There is no cost savings to having a oil burner unless you tow all the time

Member #
    Images
    Been looking at gas mileage on Fuelly and users are averaging only 2mpg better in a diesel truck than a gas one.

The price difference between a gas and a diesel would buy a lot of fuel too.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...581578993.html
    Great truck. Great motor. Seems a bit high. Just stay away from the Chevy 6.0. My company truck has one. No power and terrible mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Great truck. Great motor. Seems a bit high. Just stay away from the Chevy 6.0. My company truck has one. No power and terrible mileage.
    Yeah, I've been underwhelmed driving my uncle's 2500 CCLB with the 6.0. the Chevies get bonus points for being simpler to work on too.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I did the math. There is no cost savings to having a oil burner unless you tow all the time
    Yeah, buying a gas truck would get me into a newer one for the same price in most cases too. We'll see haha