View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1164 of 1227 FirstFirst ... 1646641064111411541162116311641165116611741214 ... LastLast
Results 46,521 to 46,560 of 49045
    Member #
    Happy no longer mundee day.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Happy no longer mundee day.
    I made it to about dinner yesterday somehow thinking that it was in fact a Tuesday
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I made it to about dinner yesterday somehow thinking that it was in fact a Tuesday
    Now ya gotta redo toozdee.

That probably still.beats having mundee though i guess.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; May 1st, 2018 at 06:13 AM.

Member #
    Its gonna be another day that im gonna wanna be at the lake instead of krow. 66 currently with high of 80.

Its hard for me to be stuck inside when its beautiful outside.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Today marks the 7th year anniversary of my wife and I's wedding. Amazing how time flies. Good times!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Today marks the 7th year anniversary of my wife and I's wedding. Amazing how time flies. Good times!
    I hope they will all be happy in the future...

They even get better after 50 or 60.. Trust me.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Its gonna be another day that im gonna wanna be at the lake instead of krow. 66 currently with high of 80.

Its hard for me to be stuck inside when its beautiful outside.
    Sunny and 65

Member #
    Congrats dude! We'll have our 21st later this month....

Member #
    So, I figured I was gonna have to confess to being a big phony with the "love and honor your parents" remarks I recently made.

My dad likes getting calls from me at night, so I try to accommodate that when I can. I've not mentioned this, but he's also displaying some significant symptoms of things going on with his mind. It's been a struggle for my Mom. In addition, he has some other health related issues that require him to be on several medications that affect his mood, behavior, attitude, and just general physical health. He's had a couple of heart attacks, a stroke, has diabetes, and other things on the list.

We were having a great conversation last night. It often always comes down to our common thread which is cars/trucks. He was reminiscing over a long list of vehicles as we've owned a very long list. The conversation then strayed a bit and he suddenly got agitated and was "attacking" for lack of a better term. He has a history of carrying a grudge in disagreements and has gone for a few months at a time not talking to me and my family and the same with my sister.

He got mad at me and said some mean things and we basically hung up on each other. I immediately sent him an apologetic text and took the blame for "screwing everything up" ... I still don't know what I said or did to cause the trigger, but he did not reply. A couple of hours ago, he did finally reply with his version of an apology, and asked about my skin cancer derm appointment today, etc.

I realize I'm the one who referenced to love and honor your parents.... I sure didn't say it's always easy. It's a moving target and I apparently failed for a moment. Glad me and the family don't have to go through another round of radio silence darkness for a few months with my parents....

This whole maintaining family relationships gig sure ain't what it was cracked up to be in the brochure.

Member #
    Sorry for those struggles Rex. My mom, while normally is clear thinking but occasionally says something that will set me off as well.

I dont think anyone is expected to make it through life and never have a harsh word with their parents. That would be like asking a husband and wife to never have an argument.

I think it has more to do with how you handle the situation after the incident that matters, or at least i hope that's the case.

Member #
    Does everyone follow the "Refrigerate after opening" command?

My wife called me out (after a comment I made to her about how we saved last night's carne asada) because I like Pace Hot Picante Sauce on certain foods, but I prefer it at room temp, so I choose not to put it in the fridge. I'm the only person who uses it.

However, I immediately pointed out the same instructions exist on A1 steak sauce, and I've had that since I was a little kid but never out of the fridge. We all use that on occasion and none of us have died from it.

This is just a very important topic that we've all been ignoring here in the Fringe.

Member #
    Sorry for those struggles Rex. My mom, while normally is clear thinking but occasionally says something that will set me off as well.

I dont think anyone is expected to make it through life and never have a harsh word with their parents. That would be like asking a husband and wife to never have an argument.

I think it has more to do with how you handle the situation after the incident that matters, or at least i hope that's the case.
    Yeah, I've come to realize who my dad has become, so he really doesn't set me off, it usually is him that blows up. Understanding his struggles has made me much more patient with his words/attitude/behavior.... I try to manage the environment to prevent an incident from even happening, but I don't shoot at 100% accuracy with that.

As far as handling post-incident situations, it's really just apologizing, comforting, and not disagreeing. It doesn't mean you have to agree, but if you don't, just let it go. If I felt the way he does, I have to imagine that people would not want to be around me. No one deserves that.... well, at least our parents don't.

If I live to an age that finds me in a similar situation, I sure would not want my kids to not make an effort for me.

Member #
    Images
    I dunno Rex. Sounds like you did exactly what you have been preaching to do. Sure there was a little hick up. But what you did about that hick up, is really what matters. And this just goes to drive the point home more. Good on you.

Member #
    It's a bit weird that my knuckleheads have become obsessed with the 200+ re-runs of The Office that are on the DVR.... It's a funny show, but I'm surprised that a 12 & 7 y.o. like it so much and watch it all the time.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Don S View Post
    I hope they will all be happy in the future...

They even get better after 50 or 60.. Trust me.. Don S..
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Congrats dude! We'll have our 21st later this month....
    Thanks! We are really big on celebrating the day, but it has been on my mind since I woke up this morning. 7 years is a decent amount of time and it doesn't feel that long ago that we were just only discussing marriage. And yet, I am not sure what I would do without her. Probably lots of hookers and blow, and that wouldn't be good for me long term

Member #
    Images
    It's a bit weird that my knuckleheads have become obsessed with the 200+ re-runs of The Office that are on the DVR.... It's a funny show, but I'm surprised that a 12 & 7 y.o. like it so much and watch it all the time.
    Michael, Dwight, and Jim seem to be at that maturity level most of the time...

Member #
    Images
    My new turbos shipped this morning! Should be here by the end of the week. Mmm turbos

Member #
    Images
    Does everyone follow the "Refrigerate after opening" command?

My wife called me out (after a comment I made to her about how we saved last night's carne asada) because I like Pace Hot Picante Sauce on certain foods, but I prefer it at room temp, so I choose not to put it in the fridge. I'm the only person who uses it.

However, I immediately pointed out the same instructions exist on A1 steak sauce, and I've had that since I was a little kid but never out of the fridge. We all use that on occasion and none of us have died from it.

This is just a very important topic that we've all been ignoring here in the Fringe.
    I usually err on the side of caution. My wife laughs at some of the stuff she finds in our refrigerator

Member #
    And yet, I am not sure what I would do without her.
    This should be the focus of your anniversary, but also the other 364 days of the year. A perfect stranger recently pointed out where I wasn't showing my wife the love, appreciation, and adoration she deserves every day. I'd be doing a disgrace if I did not pass her words along. Court your wife like you did before you were married. Surprise her.

This lady said some other stuff too, but those 2 short sentences were the ones I needed the most.

Member #
    Michael, Dwight, and Jim seem to be at that maturity level most of the time...
    Creed is my favorite

Member #
    My new turbos shipped this morning! Should be here by the end of the week. Mmm turbos
    We want pics when they arrive

Member #
    I usually err on the side of caution. My wife laughs at some of the stuff she finds in our refrigerator
    There might not be steak sauce in the fridge, but when we can't find the TV remote, we definitely look there, and it's been found there at least once.

Member #
    At the place of haircuts. I never end up timing my cuts right before vacation. I am not quite due for one now yet there is no way i can go 23 more days and i like to get it cut right before i leave so it will be short and easy maintenance while on vacation so ill end up getting yet another haircut in 21 or 22 days which will once again be early.

Maybe i just need to buy me a flowbee.

Member #
    There might not be steak sauce in the fridge, but when we can't find the TV remote, we definitely look there, and it's been found there at least once.
    I have never found my keys in the fridge before but i have looked in there for them before.

Member #
    At the place of haircuts. I never end up timing my cuts right before vacation. I am not quite due for one now yet there is no way i can go 23 more days and i like to get it cut right before i leave so it will be short and easy maintenance while on vacation so ill end up getting yet another haircut in 21 or 22 days which will once again be early.

Maybe i just need to buy me a flowbee.
    If I could afford it, Trey and I would get haircuts once a week.... She fades ours down to skin and it lasts about 30 minutes before you feel it growing out.

Don't do the flowbee thing.. My FIL had one of those and you could tell by looking at him...
    Last edited by Rex Ashton; May 1st, 2018 at 05:13 PM.

Member #
    Got the house to myself for an hour or so... Both boys are doing Speed & Agility training 2 nights a week and Saturdays at our gym. Got a pretty good 2-fer discount through Jodi's trainer at the gym who oversees the other training programs. She tortures Jodi 3 days a week, so it kinda works out.

Member #
    Don't do the flowbee thing.. My FIL had one of those and you could tell by looking at him...
    But its as seen on tv!

And yeah, if haircut moneys wouldn't add up fast, i would probably go for one every couple of weeks other than the fact that i hate getting there and waiting. One thing Durant needs is mo hair cutting places.

Member #
    So, I have a good friend that is pretty darn rich and recently bought his daughter a new Range Rover for her 16th birthday.

If I were a rich dude and rolled like that, this is what I'd probably buy my kid for his 16th birthday.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...575431367.html

Member #
    But its as seen on tv!

And yeah, if haircut moneys wouldn't add up fast, i would probably go for one every couple of weeks other than the fact that i hate getting there and waiting. One thing Durant needs is mo hair cutting places.
    Yeah, I got to where I don't wait.... I can usually call and get in same or next day to the girl we like... sometimes it takes a couple of days, but it's worth it. Don't have to explain what you want or risk getting what you don't want....

Member #
    Images
    We want pics when they arrive
    First one arrived already. UPS just dropped it off. Dang that was fast!

Member #
    Ummm, yeeeaaahhhhh, not pix of the box, mmmmkkaaayyyy?......

Lulz

Member #
    So I just looked out of curiosity and Ay-Ay-Ron has 3 more posts to pass Willie G and 5 more to pass clemsonkrawler

I hope some of them are pics of actual turbos and not pics of cardboard boxes....

Member #
    Done with scooby round 2 of a haircut. One more evening of it and she will look like a real dog again. I just have to even out some spots and trim around her face. Being 13 years old, she just cant or chooses not to stand in one place long enough for me to cut her all in one sitting but honestly, me being 53 years old doesnt allow me to bend over long enough to do it all in one setting either.

So, I have a good friend that is pretty darn rich and recently bought his daughter a new Range Rover for her 16th birthday.

If I were a rich dude and rolled like that, this is what I'd probably buy my kid for his 16th birthday.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...575431367.html
    Not arguing, but you do realize that a brand new one is only a little more?

(Now it's 5 more, Aaron... )
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Member #
    Images
    So I just looked out of curiosity and Ay-Ay-Ron has 3 more posts to pass Willie G and 5 more to pass clemsonkrawler

I hope some of them are pics of actual turbos and not pics of cardboard boxes....

Member #

No tech allowed in the fringe! Oh wait, that's politics.

Why is it in a Borg Warner box?

Inquiring minds want to know....

yup, looks like a turbo
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Not arguing, but you do realize that a brand new one is only a little more?

(Now it's 5 more, Aaron... )
    Not sure about the same composition though -- it's a cool truck and I would not offer full price

Kinda like my buddy's Range Rover situation....You can buy a new one for way less than one of his.....

I don't have details about the one he bought for his daughter, but he has one and his wife has one.... His is fully custom and his seats have been moved back (he's 6'11") and his wife's is a special edition as well... They are both six-figure cars.... Don't get me wrong, they are sweet, but not what I would buy....

I remodeled his garage, and he spent more than many do remodeling a kitchen. He also has a six-figure F150, 3 custom motorcycles, custom 4-wheelers with wheelbases for a 6'11" guy, etc.

I'm trying to get him to give me his patio furniture around his pool, pool house, outdoor kitchen, fire-pit, and hot tub, so I can sell it and remodel my entire house.

..... Oh yeah, stop padding your post count