View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1155 of 1306 FirstFirst ... 15565510551105114511531154115511561157116512051255 ... LastLast
Results 46,161 to 46,200 of 52232
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    probably going to replace my nasty carpet with laminated vinyl or ceramic that imitates wood
    do the ceramic before you do laminate.... please. lol
    hookers and blow!

Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    why would I want to put laminate on top of ceramic?
    break, fix, repeat

Haven't you ever heard of a sub-floor???

New homeowners....Sheesh.

(Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Or just replace your current wall to wall carpet with this:

Jeff Mason
    99 Isuzu Amigo.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images

Today is turning out to be fairly decent. Didn't have to report for jury duty and then this afternoon my two new firearms finally arrived. And since I was picking them up from my gun club, I had to try them out. Pretty happy dude right now.

Member #
    Just got through talking to my best friend for most of his trip home to Byers from his work in Denver. He said they had at least one storage container blown over at his work today and his fire radio was blowing up all the way for a structure fire in Bennetts district as well as a grass fire in Strasburgs district that Byers were responding to. He stopped to get gas and it sounded like he was in a toe nader while he was outside doing that.

I hope all the fires there get contained quickly as well as the ones going in NW Oklahoma. One of my friends who goes to the dunes with us lives in Vici OK which is in the fire area. I found out today that his stuff survived but his sisters place burned to the ground.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Currently 82 and what i would call windy because of probably 20 mph gusts but i guess thats nothing compared to what most of yall have had to deal with today. Currently greasing the YXZ which is really the last thing i have to do before vaca until a couple days before i leave.

I really hope the close to CO part of OK isn't getting the winds yall have had today so they can get a handle on the fires.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I turned down promotions to manager many times in my career since 2000. Never regretted it one f'n bit!! As if one's job couldn't be thankless enough, try being the blame, both up chain and down chain, at the same time sometimes. I couldn't do it because I'd keep firing people...and the dept goals can't get done without people or always having FNGs to do it with.

I may have made less money than what could have been possible but I found it easier to live financially mature and forego the stress of managing people. While I still wanted to influence the direction of the dept, I found I did not have to be a mgr, I did it from the technical side by becoming the SME in various aspects (usually the toughest, technical, least liked stuff that others wouldn't take the time to master), volunteered to clean up messes (got my way in how we operated), taught others (got to show I actually knew what I was talking about), and created new six sigma processes to reduce defects (because I demonstrated I knew the material, taught the material, and knew how to clean up a mess efficiently). So over the years I got set safely to the side, directing others how to do the job correctly, and watched people come and go through layoffs.

Now, take someone like Bud and it's a perfect match for a person who has that kind of personal skill, knowledge, and patience. These people are pretty f'n rare in my opinion and experience. No one deserves a boss like me, but everyone deserves a boss like Bud

It could work for you if you be that person. And nothing says you can't give it a go and bail on it later if it doesn't fit. I worked with many great fellow engineers who tried mgt and came right back to technical. I recall all that came back expressed exactly what I thought would be the negative side of that position.
    Careful with all those kind words. You'll ruin my rep as an raging prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

Today is turning out to be fairly decent. Didn't have to report for jury duty and then this afternoon my two new firearms finally arrived. And since I was picking them up from my gun club, I had to try them out. Pretty happy dude right now.

Oooo is that a threaded barrel I see

Member #
    Images
    Oooo is that a threaded barrel I see
    Yes sir. The 22 has the threaded barrel. It is a decent shooter and is fairly light. The trigger is amazing. A little long with the first pull, but the reset and every pull after is tight, crisp, and full of goodness. Need to find some time to take it out with a can a see what I think. But I assume I will like it. I ended up letting one of the guys who works behind the counter of my club send a few dozen rounds down range too. He kept asking me questions about it and I told him to take it for a spin and find out for himself. He seemed to enjoy it as well.

The 9mm has the rotating barrel assembly. It's recoil reminds me more of a 45acp instead of a 9mm. The force is directly back instead of wanting the barrel to rise. The trigger feels like the above, amazing for straight outta the box. My first shot with it hit dead center where I was aiming. The rest of the shots didn't stray from the bullseye even as I switched rapidly between targets. It is VERY predictable and likes to stay on target naturally. So much so that I had to pay attention to me wanting to push the nose down when I didn't need to. Instead of having to manipulate the gun into position, you need to hold it steady in position. Takes a second to get used to. But it can be fired very quickly while retaining repeatability straight out of the box. I totally understand all of the glowing reviews. I have a feeling it may become one of my favorites to shoot a lot.

Member #
    Hump, hump, hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Yes sir. The 22 has the threaded barrel. It is a decent shooter and is fairly light. The trigger is amazing. A little long with the first pull, but the reset and every pull after is tight, crisp, and full of goodness. Need to find some time to take it out with a can a see what I think. But I assume I will like it. I ended up letting one of the guys who works behind the counter of my club send a few dozen rounds down range too. He kept asking me questions about it and I told him to take it for a spin and find out for himself. He seemed to enjoy it as well.

The 9mm has the rotating barrel assembly. It's recoil reminds me more of a 45acp instead of a 9mm. The force is directly back instead of wanting the barrel to rise. The trigger feels like the above, amazing for straight outta the box. My first shot with it hit dead center where I was aiming. The rest of the shots didn't stray from the bullseye even as I switched rapidly between targets. It is VERY predictable and likes to stay on target naturally. So much so that I had to pay attention to me wanting to push the nose down when I didn't need to. Instead of having to manipulate the gun into position, you need to hold it steady in position. Takes a second to get used to. But it can be fired very quickly while retaining repeatability straight out of the box. I totally understand all of the glowing reviews. I have a feeling it may become one of my favorites to shoot a lot.
    Sounds like an awesome day at the range for sure

I never even knew that rotating barrels were a thing lol

after learning more about home electrical I think that I can install my 240 outlet without setting anything on fire. 3 wires.

Member #
    Images
    after learning more about home electrical I think that I can install my 240 outlet without setting anything on fire. 3 wires.
    Just remember to lick all the wires before you turn off the breaker.

JK, for the love of God, don't do that, not that I thought you would.

I have a customer that decided years ago that he could install his own dryer. The new dryer arrived with no cord so he swapped the cord from his current one. after he had removed it from the current dryer his dad asked him if the cord was good and he had tested it. Without batting an eye he responded "No" and plugged just the cord into the live outlet. The unattached leads at the end of the cord arced and welded themselves together in an awesome firework show before it tripped the breaker. He promptly went to Home Depot and bought a new cord and shared this story with us a few weeks later. I meet up with him occasionally at BW3's for some afternoon beers and still bring up that he is my favorite "Do it yourself" project lol

Just remember to lick all the wires before you turn off the breaker.

JK, for the love of God, don't do that, not that I thought you would.

I have a customer that decided years ago that he could install his own dryer. The new dryer arrived with no cord so he swapped the cord from his current one. after he had removed it from the current dryer his dad asked him if the cord was good and he had tested it. Without batting an eye he responded "No" and plugged just the cord into the live outlet. The unattached leads at the end of the cord arced and welded themselves together in an awesome firework show before it tripped the breaker. He promptly went to Home Depot and bought a new cord and shared this story with us a few weeks later. I meet up with him occasionally at BW3's for some afternoon beers and still bring up that he is my favorite "Do it yourself" project lol
    LOL

that's a little reassuring, honestly hahahaha

man I wish I had a dealer's license. I would buy something like this and build it with my truck

https://www.copart.com/lot/24558518

Member #
    man I wish I had a dealer's license. I would buy something like this and build it with my truck

I dont know that you have to have a dealers license to buy from there. It says you do for some vehicles and dont for others the way i read it.

Member #
    What a beautiful evening. Nothing but 77 and sunshine. Id go fishing if church wasn't tonight.

Its supposed to cool down to mid 60s to low 70s for the next few days after today.

Member #
    Images
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

just finished installing the driver rocker guard on the Yeep. I guess I did it 2x because I mocked it up before painting, then installed the painted rocker.

I might just paint the other one so I can install it all in one go

FB won't let me read any comments but that thing is mean

Member #
    Images
    FB won't let me read any comments but that thing is mean
    Did you see the part where its fer sale

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Did you see the part where its fer sale
    Nope, literally can only see the 3 pics

Member #
    Images
    Text me. I cant find your number. I will send a screenshot

Member #
    Images

I can buy stuff from there. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I can buy stuff from there. Just saying.
    oh no lol don't tell me that

Member #
    Images
    That's TJ's. He goes by Nimbus on here. Just PM him and ask to buy it. He is asking $9000 but is negotiable. Nice rig on 1 tons.

Member #
    Images
    He has pictures here of the new buggy thingy that he bought too

Learning a lot about LS engines
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Happy thurzdee.

Member #
    Northwestern Ok is still on fire. 240,000 acres is what was reported on the radio this morning with only 3% containment. Crews from all the way over on this side of the state headed out yesterday to try to help out.

Although i am not fond of the cooler weather we are supposed to have over the weekend, hopefully it and the rain chances will help them get a handle on it.

Member #
    At least its supposed to rain here both Sat and Sun, not sure about over there. Hopefully they get rain.

gml

might have to go look at this this weekend

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...562670787.html

If you don't have a Scan Gauge, you'll need one.

To be clear, I bought my truck from that dealership without using a Scan Gauge on the test drive and have had no surprises. I suspect that they give their 6.0 Fords a thorough check before they buy them. But, in the words of the Gipper: "Trust but verify."

I'd gladly loan you mine but I hardwired it into my truck last year. I do, however, have Forscan on my laptop with the appropriate OBD II interface which will do the same stuff.

LMK.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

To be clear, I bought my truck from that dealership without using a Scan Gauge on the test drive and have had no surprises. I suspect that they give their 6.0 Fords a thorough check before they buy them. But, in the words of the Gipper: "Trust but verify."

I'd gladly loan you mine but I hardwired it into my truck last year. I do, however, have Forscan on my laptop with the appropriate OBD II interface which will do the same stuff.

LMK.
    I have a Bosch color scanner that you could borrow too Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post

LMK.
    I have a Bosch color scanner that you could borrow too Jacob.
    what would I be using it to check for?

You'll want to see the temperature difference between the engine coolant and engine oil - max difference of 15 degrees at 55mph on level ground.

Ideally, it would be under 10 degrees.

More than 15 degrees is a pretty solid indicator of a clogged oil cooler.

Member #
    might have to go look at this this weekend

https://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/d/...562670787.html
    Good lookin' truck; good color, not too many miles, lots of folks like manuals -- I'm just not one of those folks since I've always daily driven my "tow rig." I don't really tow anymore so nothing but automatics now.

I do really like the 8spd auto in my current truck.

That is a really long truck... I'm still getting used to my truck since it's quite a bit longer than Ferd was... You wouldn't think a 6.5' bed would make much of a difference over a 5.5' bed, but it does as I usually back into parking spaces....

I remember driving a buddy's crew cab with an 8' bed and backing my trailer into it's usual spot.... Holy smokes it was way different than my crew cab with a 6' bed and took a few stabs .... I'm pretty good at backing trailers, but changing the length of the truck can throw your game off.