View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1153 of 1265 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311511152115311541155116312031253 ... LastLast
Results 46,081 to 46,120 of 50588
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    :shockedface:

I never thought i would live to see the day that Ian would say stoopid snews.
    right?
    break, fix, repeat

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Wulf, 1994 Dodge 3500, 4x4, Cummins 12v, 224K miles, auto w/ ATS lock up torque converter, single cab with utility bed. Needs wheel bearing, runs strong. $6500. On Stand Tall Colorado 4x4 FB group page. Would make a great ugly, cheap tow rig

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Wulf, 1994 Dodge 3500, 4x4, Cummins 12v, 224K miles, auto w/ ATS lock up torque converter, single cab with utility bed. Needs wheel bearing, runs strong. $6500. On Stand Tall Colorado 4x4 FB group page. Would make a great ugly, cheap tow rig
    oooooh man it's like you read my mind. i've been browsing CL all afternoon

I've been thinking pretty hard about dropping the car and the taco for an ext cab 3/4 ton

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I've been thinking pretty hard about dropping the car and the taco for an ext cab 3/4 ton
    Something to consider before buying a diesel. You must register it every year. Meaning emissions costs every year as well. Maintenance is usually more costly as well.

That being said, having my tow rig down for the past few days (and will be for the next week or so as I wait on parts) has brought the suck. I am screwed if I need to more anything heavy until it is back on the road. And for me, that took a lot of planning in order to pull off. Amazing how much I rely on my tow pig.

Member #
    Something to consider before buying a diesel. You must register it every year. Meaning emissions costs every year as well. Maintenance is usually more costly as well.

That being said, having my tow rig down for the past few days (and will be for the next week or so as I wait on parts) has brought the suck. I am screwed if I need to more anything heavy until it is back on the road. And for me, that took a lot of planning in order to pull off. Amazing how much I rely on my tow pig.
    Well, it sounds like most of your towing needs lately are to get Jake some flip projects. It's none of my business and I don't know nor care about the back-story, but it seems like you guys have something good going on....

It is entertaining to watch as I don't flip cars anymore....

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Well, it sounds like most of your towing needs lately are to get Jake some flip projects. It's none of my business and I don't know nor care about the back-story, but it seems like you guys have something good going on....

It is entertaining to watch as I don't flip cars anymore....
    Lol, Glad we could offer some entertainment for you. But two trips to Centennial would be a light day for me. Just for normal business I haul a loaded trailer at least 4-5 times a week. Normal business does not include any flips or parts rigs, just metalwork and fabricated items like platforms, railings, window well grates, client vehicles, equipment, and of course raw materials.

Jake has been great to deal with, and I think it's awesome that someone his age is wiling to hustle. So I am inclined to pass along a few decent deals his way in order to help him make his game stronger while I am slammed with normal work (rising tide lifts all the boats or something like that).

Honestly, all I did was connect him with a couple projects from other good folks. That made it possible to help multiple individuals at once. These two past projects just popped up back to back. You know the old saying, when it rains...

Member #
    That's very cool, Aaron... Sounds like a great arrangement

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That's very cool, Aaron... Sounds like a great arrangement
    Huge THANK YOU goes out to Jake! He has been so awesome to deal with. I even had some work stuff come up last week and he was able to accommodate me and my needed delivery date change. All my transactions with him have been great. I would highly recommend buying a vehicle from him

Member #
    I would highly recommend buying a vehicle from him
    Much like i never thought i would hear Ian curse a snew, i never thought i would hear a recommendation that anyone buy a vehicle from wolf since most of his stuff bursts into flames soon after he touches them.

And yeah, that's a joke but it was his rep for a few years.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    One of my nephews who has been a popo for several years just got a new popo puppy a couple months ago and said new puppy made his first substantial bust. He seems happy with himself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

Dave is lost and landed in KS.

Member #
    Images
    That looks like a lot of something!
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post

Did you run him over

Member #
    Images
    I is hittin the sack. Wheelin tomorrow!

Member #

There is no way that the %@$#,£Ä#@%& metro could have made it that far on its own. Maybe a toe nader picked him up and dropped him there to look for Toto?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    One of my nephews who has been a popo for several years just got a new popo puppy a couple months ago and said new puppy made his first substantial bust. He seems happy with himself.

That's pretty damn cool.... Good dog!

Huge THANK YOU goes out to Jake! He has been so awesome to deal with. I even had some work stuff come up last week and he was able to accommodate me and my needed delivery date change. All my transactions with him have been great. I would highly recommend buying a vehicle from him

many thanks my dude! You've definitely hooked me up

passenger caliper on the taco was stuck and needed to be replaced. RockAuto had a deal on braided stainless brake lines for $35/pair so I went ahead and did those too. I should have done both a LONG time ago.

Now the Tacoma only needs a new throw out bearing, headers fixed, muffler rewelded, rough idle diagnosed, dash lights fixed, seats replaced....

Member #
    My friend who's property i took my CO friends pig hunting on a couple weeks ago got a nice turkey yesterday with his bow.

Member #
    Its almost time for the big stripers to start slamming top water lures on rocky points of the big lake. I might go try it this eve but no telling if they have moved in yet with the funky weather we have had so far.

Member #
    Mournin lewns
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KOs
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    I'm A Man...I'm slow to Change...I will eventually...I Guess.

ml

mildly intrigued by this but the frame looks fawked

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...554000644.html

Decided to just keep working through the truck. If I end up needing to tow often enough to justify something bigger it'll be ready to sell, if not I can probably use it with a tow dolly for shorter trips

Member #
    I have never built enchiladas before but my niece thing cooked some the other day that were extra yummy and she gave me her recipe for the sauce and what she puts in the meat n stuff so i think I'm gonna try building a batch of em. They should make good lunches to take to work if they reheat ok.

I need a spoon of flour. I can honestly say that i have never in my 53 years of life bought flour but i guess i won't be able to say that after today.

Toys on toys on toys on toys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Toys on toys on toys on toys.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    How many more times will the farr dept allow you to be on injured reserve before they decide you are never going to be unbroken?

Last night I replaced the pass caliper on the truck because it was definitely stuck. Now the truck pulls to the pass side while braking so I'm wondering if the driver's one is stuck too

Might rebleed the driver side since I changed the line on it to SS when I did the pass caliper/line

Some really good news on the YJeep is that it has the provisions for a VSS and appears to have a VSS installed. I just need to splice some wires to actually plug it in since it has a TJ style connection

Member #
    Images

My new project. Got it going today. Got the lights fixed. Got the enclosure installed.

Next up. New battery meter
    Stereo install
    Clean up wiring
    Tires and wheels
    Drive it for a bit
    Decide if I want to make go fast
    Buy and install go fast components

My new project. Got it going today. Got the lights fixed. Got the enclosure installed.

Next up. New battery meter
    Stereo install
    Clean up wiring
    Tires and wheels
    Drive it for a bit
    Decide if I want to make go fast
    Buy and install go fast components
    need video of you doing donuts in it

Member #
    Images
    Iíll see what I can do.

Iíll see what I can do.
    now that's the spirit

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images

Mine's white and is in the garage... wait for it, this is a shocker... It's broke again. Got the head off replacing a burned valve.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    Report from outside of the Fringe... I figured something out recently. I spent some time on Reddit. Was originally drawn there because I could have some fun telling stupid people that they were stupid, and how to be smart.

I was reminded that stupid people like to be stupid and don't want to be smart. I am no longer going to tell the person smashing their head against the wall to stop smashing their head against the wall because it hurts. I'm going to tell them to smash harder because that'll make the pain go away quicker.

I'm also going to admit that working on the Geo is stupid, and continually fixing it is showing repeated stupidity. But it's also fun, and I get a bang out of driving a street legal gokart at 75MPH on I-70.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Report from outside of the Fringe... I figured something out recently. I spent some time on Reddit. Was originally drawn there because I could have some fun telling stupid people that they were stupid, and how to be smart.

I was reminded that stupid people like to be stupid and don't want to be smart. I am no longer going to tell the person smashing their head against the wall to stop smashing their head against the wall because it hurts. I'm going to tell them to smash harder because that'll make the pain go away quicker.

I'm also going to admit that working on the Geo is stupid, and continually fixing it is showing repeated stupidity. But it's also fun, and I get a bang out of driving a street legal gokart at 75MPH on I-70.
    You would not be you without the @$%#&Ä£₩£@%' lil car.

Member #
    It looks beautiful outside. Everything is green and there isn't a cloud in the sky and the sun is shining. Its false though because its barely fiddy degrees. Its supposed to work its way into the 60s but even that is completely unacceptable for this time of year. Hopefully this is the last of these cold fronts.