View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1052 of 1340 FirstFirst ... 525529521002104210501051105210531054106211021152 ... LastLast
Results 42,041 to 42,080 of 53593
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Denver metro is just as flat. You just cant tell because there is crap everywhere.
    flat and plains-feel are 2 different things... it's all good as different people like different things.

I enjoyed living on 5 acres, but it was in Larkspur. Yeah, the price-point is different, but in terms of "out-skirts" I like the scenery and feel of places like Larkspur, Sedalia, Parker, etc.

I like the convenience of my location, but I also don't exactly hate Castle Rock either as a "suburb".

My view is very skewed toward the south part of town though. Not only do I not like the stuff way east, I also am not crazy about being north.

Member #
    The day of humping has arrived.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    I wonder how many people will be at work today. We are almost to the point of running out of employees do to the flu.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    flat and plains-feel are 2 different things... it's all good as different people like different things.

I enjoyed living on 5 acres, but it was in Larkspur. Yeah, the price-point is different, but in terms of "out-skirts" I like the scenery and feel of places like Larkspur, Sedalia, Parker, etc.

I like the convenience of my location, but I also don't exactly hate Castle Rock either as a "suburb".

My view is very skewed toward the south part of town though. Not only do I not like the stuff way east, I also am not crazy about being north.
    I get it and you are right. Different strokes for different folks. Actually the reason i would take Bennett over anywhere in the metro area isn't because i like plains. Its more that i dont like crowds of people among the other personal issues i had against Denver.

ml
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images

I am not a fan of the south part of town, but I also grew up on the north end, so that is where my bias lies. It has always interested me that there is always this imaginary line where suburbia people can handle living in denver
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    It has always interested me that there is always this imaginary line where suburbia people can handle living in denver
    It never ceased to amaze me how people in the Denver metro area actually thought that all that crap wasnt the same town. When i was at Hillside 4x4 which was actually in unincorporated Adams County which is a little strip between Denver and Thorton, people would call all the time asking where we were located and when i would tell them, they would say something like oh, im in Thorton and dont wanna drive that far.

Seriously dude? Thorton is like a block away.

lol

can't seem to find my focus today

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    can't seem to find my focus today
    you should try to focus harder to see if you can find it.

Member #
    you should try to focus harder to see if you can find it.
    That rat thar is some solid advise.

a ranch came up in Centennial with 1 very shitty photo and no description. Went and looked at it and I'm going to put in an offer

Member #
    Images
    a ranch came up in Centennial with 1 very shitty photo and no description. Went and looked at it and I'm going to put in an offer
    wheres it at? maybe rex and i can buy it and flip it lol

Member #
    wheres it at? Maybe rex and i can buy it and flip it lol
    lol

wheres it at? maybe rex and i can buy it and flip it lol
    here's a screenshot of the listing

https://i.imgur.com/0WZl3y2.jpg

Member #
    Images
    here's a screenshot of the listing

https://i.imgur.com/0WZl3y2.jpg

lulz....

and here i was going to offer to park some vehicles everywhere and maybe even some crime scene tape to help detract other bidders for ya lol

I could just park my truck in front of it, right?

Member #
    Images
    I could just park my truck in front of it, right?
    Bring jackstands and pull a tire.... should help drop the price by 20k lol

Member #
    Bring cinderblocks and pull a tire.... should help drop the price by 20k lol
    Fixed.

50 and raining... in January

Member #
    The local weather monkeys were on todays forecast pretty good and it wasnt bad but still cloudy and we dont usually have many consecutive cloudy days. We are back to nothing but sunshine starting Fridee but temps still kinda suck with mid 40s to mid 50s for the next several days.

This has already been the suckiest winter since i moved here.

Come on global warming, DST, and sweet, sweet, summahtime!!

Loons. This is weird. It's warm and rainy in January in Denver.
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Bring jackstands and pull a tire.... should help drop the price by 20k lol
    apparently the homeowners came home and cancelled all of the showings after mine so I was one of the few people to actually have seen the house, so it's looking good if I put in an offer in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Loons. This is weird. It's warm and rainy in January in Denver.
    this morning I looked at my rainjacket in the closet and thought that maybe I should put it in storage... not today

Member #
    Images
    Wulf;

Here is my home advice. Don't settle on things like garage space or lot size. Figure out what you can tolerate for commute. For me I find it isn't the miles but the minutes and the traffic. Also, don't be afraid to buy an older hoe that is outdated. Lipstick is cheap and easy to do.

With all that said, the market in Denver seems to be skyrocketing right now. I personally would be a lot leery to buy a house in a sellers market. It may be better for you to find a nice rental house for a year and see what the market does in the next year. Buying in a market that is on the climb like this is risky.

There are folks on here that are much smarter than me though, maybe they will weigh in.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Wulf;

Here is my home advice. Don't settle on things like garage space or lot size. Figure out what you can tolerate for commute. For me I find it isn't the miles but the minutes and the traffic. Also, don't be afraid to buy an older hoe that is outdated. Lipstick is cheap and easy to do.

With all that said, the market in Denver seems to be skyrocketing right now. I personally would be a lot leery to buy a house in a sellers market. It may be better for you to find a nice rental house for a year and see what the market does in the next year. Buying in a market that is on the climb like this is risky.

There are folks on here that are much smarter than me though, maybe they will weigh in.
    That's some pretty solid advice. This home is on a corner lot, 2 car, 3 bed, 2 bath. Definitely a fixer upper, it needs fixtures, paint, and floors but that's all stuff I can handle pretty easily.

I would be a little more wary but the market here is really strong and unemployment is actually really low as it is. It's hard to predict the future but even in a recession I think Colorado will still be a destination and hold up alright

Member #
    For me I find it isn't the miles but the minutes and the traffic.
    Ed Zachery. Of course i lucked out here and have a house that i like as well 1.6 mile commute. If i could build a bridge across the creek and chop down some trees in the forrested part between my house and work, i could probably get there in less than a minute in the YXZ.

Member #
    Images
    Getting closer to buying a truck. As much as i like this tundra i really do think a 1 ton wll suit me better. Sat down with the ford dude to spec out an order this afternoon. 6.2 with 430 gears and a few other things. Will talk again tomorrow. I wanted to sleep on it a bit

Anyone have thoughts before i do this?
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Getting closer to buying a truck. As much as i like this tundra i really do think a 1 ton wll suit me better. Sat down with the ford dude to spec out an order this afternoon. 6.2 with 430 gears and a few other things. Will talk again tomorrow. I wanted to sleep on it a bit

With the new transmixers I dont think Id go that low on the gears.

Member #

That's not the case at all. It never is. You are very smart, but that's not the issue.....It's great to give advice to someone shopping for a home, but our Real Estate goals will never match someone else's perfecty.

Any advice given may or may not match the objective of the person asking when it comes to buying a home. That includes his Realtor to some extent.

1 word.... Nope. We're big boys and girls and have to make our decisions. Jacob will make his decision at some point.

You have to figure out what you want... your commute, 1 or 2 car garage, SE Aurora, Bennett, 225 and Colfax, Englewood, etc.... you'll make your own decisions and I doubt it's based on what those of us on this forum chime in about..... It's fun to get roundhouse ideas relative to Real Estate, but no person here can relate to any individual's specifics.

Fortunately, there's no lack of opinions and there is no "expertise" into someone's preferences into anything. You get options and then you simply choose. Game over.

Let the advice & opinions keep coming in, but I figure Jacob will make his own decision on his own time.... That could be to buy quickly or to hold out and find what he wants...

Some people just shop and never buy because that's what they want.... Not saying that's the case here, but it does happen. It doesn't matter because shopping is free. (for most people)

I'd venture a guess that I've bought and sold more residential Real Estate in the Denver Metro area than anyone on this forum. That means absolutely nothing in terms of giving any advice toward priorities to someone buying a house. The buyer must always figure that out for themselves. I can chime in about other crap though..... I know tacotoy can too....

Good luck Jacob

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post

Good luck on whatever direction you go.... I do like Tundra's for gassers, but not familiar with your Ford spec... Fuel economy similar?

The promise of a new rig is pretty cool!

Member #
    Since I'm still awake....

Trey had club bball practice tonight and has 2 games tomorrow in the debut of a new 12 game season over 6 weeks.... a lot of Thursday night games coming.

However, that knucklehead wants to play for a 3rd team (his middle-school -- 6th grade) and practice starts tomorrow.

The plan is to let him go to the 1st practice right after school and then to pick him up 1-hr later to haul ass to Gold Crown for 2 games, getting home around 10....

How did I ever sign up for this crap?

Member #
    Its mernin. I slept good again. Im still tarred though.

Happy thurzdee.

Member #
    55 this morning but thats as good as its gonna get since a cold front is supposed to come blasting through here in a few hours.

Booo on cold fronts.

Member #
    Images
    Electric Golf Carts cut great doughnuts on the ice. That is all.

Member #
    Electric Golf Carts cut great doughnuts on the ice. That is all.

ml

Member #
    Temp actually climbed to 60 but dropped to 50 in about 15 minutes.

Member #
    Sunny but chilly today... 35 now

Sunny but chilly today... 35 now
    it was fawkin cold this morning when I walked the dog