View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

    12 37.50%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

    3 9.38%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

    7 21.88%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

    9 28.13%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

    7 21.88%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

    6 18.75%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

    9 28.13%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

    10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1193 of 1193 FirstFirst ... 193693109311431183119111921193
Results 47,681 to 47,706 of 47706
  1. #47681
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    That is bummer news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Fawk, that really blows
    Both of these apply. Hopefully you get rebuilt fast.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

  2. #47682
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Just got off phone with Ortho office for follow up appt tomorrow. They alluded to the fracture being displaced too much and would need surgery and a plate(s) to fix it. Totally contrary to what ER doc stood there and told Tammy and me Oh, I'm certainly not a happy camper now!!
    Big bummer! Sorry to hear. Hope you heal up quickly!

  3. #47683
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Longmont
    Member #
    807
    Images
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    mmm that's the only thing I haven't tried. Guess I have to put the hubs back together enough to take off the wheel spacer that's on there
    Did you get the cone washers off?

  4. #47684
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    As long as I'm good as new and not have issues with heavy backpacks (camping and hunting), powerlifting, strenuous sport participation, range of motion, etc... I'll have to be satisfied. Just wish it was the ole " leave it alone" solution now that my expectations got set for it.


    At the emergency room Tammy kinda freaked (she was a Respiratory therapist) cause all my fingers were dark blue from the tips all the way up to the second knuckle. I was a little low on oxygen Breathing wasn't good after the accident.

  5. #47685
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Did you get the cone washers off?
    I just got home from work and haven't given it another shot. I soaked them in deep creep before I headed to work so maybe they'll be more cooperative
    break, fix, repeat

  6. #47686
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    As long as I'm good as new and not have issues with heavy backpacks (camping and hunting), powerlifting, strenuous sport participation, range of motion, etc... I'll have to be satisfied. Just wish it was the ole " leave it alone" solution now that my expectations got set for it.


    At the emergency room Tammy kinda freaked (she was a Respiratory therapist) cause all my fingers were dark blue from the tips all the way up to the second knuckle. I was a little low on oxygen Breathing wasn't good after the accident.
    If it's any consolation a buddy's dad did the same thing mountain biking in Moab and was able to make a full recovery so fingers crossed that you'll have the same.

    When did you start powerlifting? You putting up those big numbers yet?

  7. #47687
    I think I may have to get an sprinkler or pool for Molly now that it's getting warm. After playing fetch for 10~ minutes in the heat she is tapped out and needs quite a while to cool down

  8. #47688
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Fawkin turdyodas....


    Hit it on the side next to each cone and they should pop out. Same theory as popping a tapered tie rod out.
    They are ****ing fused in there. I'm beating the side with a deadblow like you say and it's not happening

  9. #47689
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Oh, and I think the bike's ok.
    What about the ground? Is the ground OK?
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

  10. #47690
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    They are ****ing fused in there. I'm beating the side with a deadblow like you say and it's not happening
    Deadblow? get a real hammer that will create a shockwave in the metal

  11. #47691
    Remember, there is no mechanical problem that cannot be solved through brute force and ignorance

    Hit it harder, lots harder

  12. #47692
    @Wulf

    That OBS PSD I cross posted is down to $16k

  13. #47693
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Bike ride went to shit yesterday...bad. Comminuted fracture right clavicle (comminuted = crushed or splintered in multiple places) and 2 broken ribs. Of course, it's my right side and I'm right handed

    Took an eternity to take that first breath after landing. Always a torturous feeling getting the air knocked out like that.

    Was telling my wife that I doubted it was broken because of the crunching sensation every time I moved my shoulder. I thought it had to be a dislocation with the joint crunching when it moved. God - what a sensation!!! Still happening and it's a sickening feeling.

    I had just started powerlifting a couple months ago and making great advancement with continued gains every workout. Tthat's set back a few months.
    Sorry to hear this.

    Two falls on one ride suggests that you may be getting older. If so, you may also find that you don't heal as well as you used to.

    If you need any more optimistic thoughts, you can count on me.



    All along the watchtower Princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went Barefoot servants, too
    Outside in the cold distance A wildcat did growl
    Two riders were approaching And the wind began to howl

  14. #47694
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Deadblow? get a real hammer that will create a shockwave in the metal
    This ed zachery. You have to hit it on the side with a REAL hammer which will temporarily flex that part of the flange in which will in turn force the dumbass little cones out of their lil caves.

    You just keep on working on that turdyoda and take it down to where you can get the axle out of it and seal up leaks around the ball and count the number of nuts and washers and cones and seals and gaskets and felt pieces and all of that crap and you will start to understand why i hate them so much.

    I will give them credit where its due. For how small they are, they are stronger than one would think but my God are they a messy pita to work on.

  15. #47695
    I hit it with a big enough hammer hard enough to **** up the hub body. No luck.

    I tried to back out the studs and actually ripped the threads right off. That shit is in there.

    I was going to tack the nuts on to the stud and try backing it out but I just discovered I forgot to grab both welding masks when I got the welder out of storage last weekend

  16. #47696
    Have you tried a hot wrench yet?

  17. #47697
    I did hit it with the torch with no success

  18. #47698
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    What about the ground? Is the ground OK?
    This.... ..... It sounds like the impact was significant to displace the clavicle like that, so did it damage any plants?

  19. #47699
    Real Estate Flippa Rex Ashton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    DeeTeeCee
    Member #
    871
    Was at home today with lil' kid not feeling good and mild fever since Jodi was in a training class.... Got calls from both kids' schools in the afternoon about a lockdown due to police activity in the area.... Elementary school released about 30 mins late, but my knucklehead was at home watching The Office.....

    Found out it was houses in The Preserve were getting robbed in broad daylight. Trey had 2 friends get robbed, but the caught the guys and the stuff got returned.

    Idiot criminals.

  20. #47700
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I hit it with a big enough hammer hard enough to **** up the hub body. No luck.

    I tried to back out the studs and actually ripped the threads right off. That shit is in there.

    I was going to tack the nuts on to the stud and try backing it out but I just discovered I forgot to grab both welding masks when I got the welder out of storage last weekend
    What ed zachery are you taking it apart to repair?

  21. #47701
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    What ed zachery are you taking it apart to repair?
    My CV ripped the boot and is in the middle of committing suicide

  22. #47702
    I think you need to apply brute force and ignorance more liberally, along with a lot of heat, get that puppy glowing orange

    I mean if you cant get it apart you need a new part anyway right, so whats the harm if you break it?

  23. #47703
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I think you need to apply brute force and ignorance more liberally, along with a lot of heat, get that puppy glowing orange

    I mean if you cant get it apart you need a new part anyway right, so whats the harm if you break it?
    It may come to that i suppose but i have never had to heat one to get any of the cones out. I have always been able to get them to at least come loose by smacking the edge of the flange with a hammer. They don't always pop completely out so sometimes i had to stick a screwdriver in the slot and unscrew them off the threads but that's usually as bad as it gets.

  24. #47704
    creepycrawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The land of free bacon.
    Member #
    5806
    Happy day before vacation!

  25. #47705
    ASCTLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Black Forest
    Member #
    1416
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    If it's any consolation a buddy's dad did the same thing mountain biking in Moab and was able to make a full recovery so fingers crossed that you'll have the same.

    When did you start powerlifting? You putting up those big numbers yet?
    Started a few months ago. Got myself a full cage/bumper plate set, and Ohio Power bar set up in the basement. At 54yo coming off 17 years of desk job, my numbers probably not what some would bat an eye at. There's always super strong/healthy people at all advanced ages but, I suspect not many mid 50 guys can keep up. I am/was sticking to a very strict program (stronglifts 5x5) of starting easy and working my way up 5 & 10lbs each session (3x week) followed with lengthening Planks and further followed with 30-45 minutes cardio (with 44lb backpack on). I've just recently started pushing very hard but still completing my sets and adding additional weight to my dips and chin ups. Likely needing 2 days recovery after each workout than 1 day off I've been taking but I am/was just reaching this point in my advancement. Oh well, if I can correct 17 years of on ass desk job, I can certainly correct a couple/few months of on ass ice cream and beer shoulder recovery.

  26. #47706
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I think you need to apply brute force and ignorance more liberally, along with a lot of heat, get that puppy glowing orange

    I mean if you cant get it apart you need a new part anyway right, so whats the harm if you break it?
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    It may come to that i suppose but i have never had to heat one to get any of the cones out. I have always been able to get them to at least come loose by smacking the edge of the flange with a hammer. They don't always pop completely out so sometimes i had to stick a screwdriver in the slot and unscrew them off the threads but that's usually as bad as it gets.
    I tried using the screwdriver/chisel approach to get it to spin and broke 2 flatheads and a small punch. That approach was what worked on my 4runner but these sumbiches are in there good.

    I think the next thing to do is rent a stud puller and try that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •