View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.11%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.22%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 27.78%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 19.44%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 16.67%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1614 of 1638 FirstFirst ... 6141114151415641604161216131614161516161624 ... LastLast
Results 64,521 to 64,560 of 65496
    Sweet cuddling pups make it hard to wanna get up in the morning

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    The hump. It is here for us to climb.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Woke up unsure if it was Monday or Wednesday. I was wrong either way
    Hell, I do that all the time! And Tammy's always poking at me for it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    stubborn knee
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This doesn't sound like the Rex we all have come to know and love over the years. I know this time sucks, and the hopeless feelings start coming around, and then the pity party can start. Well buck up buttercup! Nothing gets accomplished with a piss poor attitude. Grab this injury by the throat and strangle it into submission. This is what all the exercise and keeping your body healthy was for. Don't let those negative thoughts and or feelings creep in. Even if just joking around. No need to let any negativity into your life, especially now.

You got this! We have faith and confidence that you will get over this. Go Rex!

My best attempt at a motivation speech, but I do mean every word.
    Well stated Aaron My motivational speaking lacks as well because I have only mastered my own "head speech" to drive myself through when times get tougher. And what drives or motivates me may not likely be effective for others.

I'll humbly admit I can fall to the complainy side of some stuff surrounding health/fitness too. It's probably my impatient nature built growing up on the farm where "there's no playing or time off till you get yer work done" is mandatory. That instilled an expectation that things just get done in the minimum amount of time where as now there's some goofing off that can extend cycle times of important stuff. Not that there's goofing off in between rehab sessions but required time between is still an increasing cycle time that driver personalities prefer not to take off and just git-r-done.

Aging becomes a little bit less stressful when one can learn to be patient through events thrown at us. For me it has taken a bit of quiet reflection with applying some combination of "a woman can't have a baby in one month just because you throw nine women at it" and "I've endured far greater difficulties by staying committed and focused for a much longer length of time than this!".

Just like getting through college or any other long term committed goal you've driven yourself through, it's knowing you have it in you Rex to kick this one's ass just like you have the previous one's. It's not like you don't know there's another side to this a year or two later, only the outcome a year from now, two years from now, three years from now... that will come with a hindsight that will tag along with it. Disappointment looking back seeing you left patience* and effort on the table will be a bitter pill to swallow.

* beware throwing caution to the wind losing patience and driving physical recovery faster than your PT knows your body and injury at your age can safely be accomplished because you think you're going to prove everyone wrong in how fast you can recover. Beating the estimates is something that just happens with perfect diet, sleep, and expertly designed and followed recovery steps, not made throwing blind effort at it because you're tired of dealing with it.

Git after it Rex!

Member #
    Images
    inb4 Andy comes in here to remind us it's always the weekend for him

Member #
    Images
    New to me saw finally ships Friday. So I should hopefully have it by the end of next week. Just hoping this one arrives undamaged.
    Damn, think that's taken long enough!? Hopefully you find waiting so long ended for the better.

Member #
    Images
    Rode the MTB yesterday for the first time in a very long time. Absolutely kicked my ass in a very short distance. Seems every trail starts out with extended uphill ride right out from parking, no warm up or anything.

I had higher expectations for my cardio conditioning because I've been hiking 3.75 miles (Tues/Thur/Sat), but running up all inclines, with my hunting pack frame (loaded 45lbs) in preparation for hunting season coming up. I kept trying to find a lower gear but was already as low as the bike is set up. It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't rode a trail since changing out all the gearing...my lowest gear is more than 2 gear ratios higher than those I replaced. Not the full reason, I'm sure, because I'm not lost on the realization that my cardio conditioning lacks. I can improve my gearing or I can grow into what I have. Either is probably acceptable but I can be a stubborn SOB when I put my mind after it. lol...Tammy says it's an equal fault/asset that extends a loooong way either side of the midline

Member #
    Images
    Sighted in the hunting rifle yesterday. Quite pleased with my performance. I was concerned the first shot was going to crumple me in pain slamming my collar bone plate rendering every shot after that the worst flinch/trigger jerk a pussy could take...pffft...twern't nothin to be worried about. Sighted both the 3.5x10 and the 1.5x5 scopes for my elk load then back to the 3.5x10 to verify the Leupold detachable base/ring system puts me right back to perfect zero.

I bought the 3.5x10 Gold Ring the same time as the 1.5x5 Gold Ring but always relied on the 1.5x5 during elk season. Come to find out I bought a better reticled 3.5x10 than I realized. It's got range estimation, wind compensation estimation, and 300/400/500yd range estimation drops on it when sighted 200yd zero. Had every bit a 10mph cross wind during sight in and the compensation estimate marks worked freaking great! Didn't test the 300/400/500yd marks but look forward to when the day/time comes. I've got a self imposed 200-250yd field limit anyway so low priority to test those out.

Two days till Gambler 500, can't sleep
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

New to me saw finally ships Friday. So I should hopefully have it by the end of next week. Just hoping this one arrives undamaged.
    how long has the saw debacle been going on now?
    break, fix, repeat

If you know what you want, why not start a national search?

Or have you already done that?

I've been looking at out of state listings but they've all been equally bleh

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    just don't sleep during the drive

Member #
    This doesn't sound like the Rex we all have come to know and love over the years. I know this time sucks, and the hopeless feelings start coming around, and then the pity party can start. Well buck up buttercup! Nothing gets accomplished with a piss poor attitude. Grab this injury by the throat and strangle it into submission. This is what all the exercise and keeping your body healthy was for. Don't let those negative thoughts and or feelings creep in. Even if just joking around. No need to let any negativity into your life, especially now.

You got this! We have faith and confidence that you will get over this. Go Rex!

My best attempt at a motivation speech, but I do mean every word.
    I appreciate the motivational speech. When you said that, I flashed on Matt Foley. The buck up buttercup part made me chuckle

To be clear, no pity party here... I'm pretty motivated to get this thing working again. I've put a portion of my business on the back burner and investing heavily in PT both at the facility and at home. The surgeon kept me locked out longer than we all would've liked based on all of the repair he had to make. Now, we're trying to catch the curve in PT and the time-window is getting smaller. Most of my day involves working to stretch out the shortened patellar tendon, and all of the retinaculum material that was repaired, which is proving to be the taller task.

The work involved is increasing and the progress is decreasing, but is still being made. The pain levels are increasing after max-stretch sessions, but I'll keep pushing through that.

I don't mind that the knee is a big swollen hunk of crap right now 8 weeks post-op. My family like to warm their hands on it since it puts out so much heat. I don't mind how many hours in the day involves working on it. I don't mind dealing with constant pain and discomfort....that's child's play and I'm pretty numb to it by now.

I do mind the response curve trending down as that is something I cannot control and I really need to avoid any other measures that would have to be taken by the surgeon.... that being manipulation or arthroscopy.

At times it unavoidable for negative thoughts or feelings to creep in so I appreciate the words of encouragement

The work and pain will keep increasing as I'm pretty damn determined to catch that curve I'm chasing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Well stated Aaron My motivational speaking lacks as well because I have only mastered my own "head speech" to drive myself through when times get tougher. And what drives or motivates me may not likely be effective for others.

I'll humbly admit I can fall to the complainy side of some stuff surrounding health/fitness too. It's probably my impatient nature built growing up on the farm where "there's no playing or time off till you get yer work done" is mandatory. That instilled an expectation that things just get done in the minimum amount of time where as now there's some goofing off that can extend cycle times of important stuff. Not that there's goofing off in between rehab sessions but required time between is still an increasing cycle time that driver personalities prefer not to take off and just git-r-done.

Aging becomes a little bit less stressful when one can learn to be patient through events thrown at us. For me it has taken a bit of quiet reflection with applying some combination of "a woman can't have a baby in one month just because you throw nine women at it" and "I've endured far greater difficulties by staying committed and focused for a much longer length of time than this!".

Just like getting through college or any other long term committed goal you've driven yourself through, it's knowing you have it in you Rex to kick this one's ass just like you have the previous one's. It's not like you don't know there's another side to this a year or two later, only the outcome a year from now, two years from now, three years from now... that will come with a hindsight that will tag along with it. Disappointment looking back seeing you left patience* and effort on the table will be a bitter pill to swallow.

* beware throwing caution to the wind losing patience and driving physical recovery faster than your PT knows your body and injury at your age can safely be accomplished because you think you're going to prove everyone wrong in how fast you can recover. Beating the estimates is something that just happens with perfect diet, sleep, and expertly designed and followed recovery steps, not made throwing blind effort at it because you're tired of dealing with it.

Git after it Rex!
    All good stuff Andy.

I put myself in the hands of my PT guy who is very well-revered in town and also by my surgeon. I'm not throwing any caution to the wind, but he definitely has his foot on the accelerator. As one would expect, he pushes me harder than I'm able to push myself (pain levels) and I need that right now.

I see the surgeon tomorrow and have a pretty aggressive PT session afterwards.

Time to put some heat into it and go sit on my kitchen table for another max-stretch session.

Member #
    Rode the MTB yesterday for the first time in a very long time. Absolutely kicked my ass in a very short distance. Seems every trail starts out with extended uphill ride right out from parking, no warm up or anything.

I had higher expectations for my cardio conditioning because I've been hiking 3.75 miles (Tues/Thur/Sat), but running up all inclines, with my hunting pack frame (loaded 45lbs) in preparation for hunting season coming up. I kept trying to find a lower gear but was already as low as the bike is set up. It just dawned on me this morning that I haven't rode a trail since changing out all the gearing...my lowest gear is more than 2 gear ratios higher than those I replaced. Not the full reason, I'm sure, because I'm not lost on the realization that my cardio conditioning lacks. I can improve my gearing or I can grow into what I have. Either is probably acceptable but I can be a stubborn SOB when I put my mind after it. lol...Tammy says it's an equal fault/asset that extends a loooong way either side of the midline
    That's good stuff .... The cardio being down is to be expected as the hiking invokes a different style/level of cardio.

You'll get it back.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Till I close in my new home in Ouray...34hrs

Awesomeness! Congrats again

Member #
    Images
    Damn, think that's taken long enough!? Hopefully you find waiting so long ended for the better.
    how long has the saw debacle been going on now?
    I have been patiently waiting all summer. Good things come to those who wait, right?

Once the saw arrives it just creates more work that I don't have time for. Will have to assemble it, move a bunch of machinery and find them new homes, design and build a new chop line and raw materials storage, then move all the materials into their new home. And once I feel that things flow well with the new layout, then comes more electrical work. All while trying to keep clients happy, which I am failing miserably at currently. And my current saw and chop line setup works, even if it is a pain in the butt.

So waiting on the saw hasn't been horrible.

Member #
    Images
    Sighted in the hunting rifle yesterday. Quite pleased with my performance. I was concerned the first shot was going to crumple me in pain slamming my collar bone plate rendering every shot after that the worst flinch/trigger jerk a pussy could take...pffft...twern't nothin to be worried about. Sighted both the 3.5x10 and the 1.5x5 scopes for my elk load then back to the 3.5x10 to verify the Leupold detachable base/ring system puts me right back to perfect zero.

I bought the 3.5x10 Gold Ring the same time as the 1.5x5 Gold Ring but always relied on the 1.5x5 during elk season. Come to find out I bought a better reticled 3.5x10 than I realized. It's got range estimation, wind compensation estimation, and 300/400/500yd range estimation drops on it when sighted 200yd zero. Had every bit a 10mph cross wind during sight in and the compensation estimate marks worked freaking great! Didn't test the 300/400/500yd marks but look forward to when the day/time comes. I've got a self imposed 200-250yd field limit anyway so low priority to test those out.
    Best of luck and skill this season! My best bud just got a cow yesterday during black powder. First time he has tried. He normally goes for rifle. Said he enjoyed the hell out of it and is trying like heck to get me to join him.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Awesome! Have fun, drive fast, and raise that money!

Member #
    Images
    I've been looking at out of state listings but they've all been equally bleh
    Texas.

Member #
    Images
    Pup has been fed and has gone bunny chasing. Now I need to get back at it. Hope y'all have a wonderful day!

Member #
    2nd upward stretch session done .... quad-fire leg lifts...

max-stretch session coming soon

Member #

Sounds painful and i mean for me, not for you.

Texas.

I forget his username but (man with the plan?) Jon is a broker. Maybe I should figure out what I want and how much I want to pay and let him do the groundwork.

I looked at a really nice 2011 King Ranch with 135k miles on it yesterday and I do want the truck... But I'm still on the fence

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Sounds painful and i mean for me, not for you.
    Nah, the 1st part is not too bad, the max-stretch is a bit tougher.... just because it tickles and I giggle a lot.

Member #
    Images
    ^^^ you ain't talking yer sphincter now are ya

I forget his username but (man with the plan?) Jon is a broker. Maybe I should figure out what I want and how much I want to pay and let him do the groundwork.

I looked at a really nice 2011 King Ranch with 135k miles on it yesterday and I do want the truck... But I'm still on the fence

Want a dually?
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    ^^^ you ain't talking yer sphincter now are ya
    No, that's "tingle" ... not tickle....

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Want a dually?

I think I'm good :s

Member #
    Thurzdee is here. Weather monkeys call for rain starting this eve through tomorrow.

Member #
    Images
    I have been patiently waiting all summer. Good things come to those who wait, right?

Once the saw arrives it just creates more work that I don't have time for. Will have to assemble it, move a bunch of machinery and find them new homes, design and build a new chop line and raw materials storage, then move all the materials into their new home. And once I feel that things flow well with the new layout, then comes more electrical work. All while trying to keep clients happy, which I am failing miserably at currently. And my current saw and chop line setup works, even if it is a pain in the butt.

So waiting on the saw hasn't been horrible.
    So The saw actually arrives tomorrow! I have reread all the correspondence, and it clearly states it will ship Sept 20th, not arrive on September 20. Little miscommunication is no big deal. Just need to move my Friday appointments now. Woohoo, saw here soon!

Closing day

Member #
    Images
    Closing day

Congrats! You having to travel up there? Or are you doing the signing at a local title company?

Member #
    Closing day

That's fun stuff!

I didn't realize how much my arthritis meds helped until I forgot to take them yesterday morning :homer:

Tgiaf

Member #
    Images
    conversations were had today about a whole list of projects. top of my list is 2 projects that another CM thought my approach and numbers were ridiculous. the peoples republic of boulder got involved ( not by me, he actually called them on his own to get their input) and suddenly, he needs an engineer and my proposal is way more in the realm of what they will be doing. I told the sales guy that at this point i don't care if we lose the projects, i am satisfied with knowing that the other guy realizes now that i was right lol.
    hookers and blow!

I didn't realize how much my arthritis meds helped until I forgot to take them yesterday morning :homer:
    Your in your 20ies, how the h - e - ll do you have arthritis already?

Member #
    Saw the surgeon today .... he's good, but wants the aggressive PT to continue. Gotta ramp up the quad and reverse the atrophy there.

Then aggressive PT session with Dennis.... Small victory today as the knee rolled up and over on the bike with the seat at the highest setting. That failed last week. Once it happened, I did that for a bit and then lowered the seat 1 notch and did it some more. My PT homie was pretty happy about it.

I've been working some different upward stretch techniques and he took that to a different level today before the bike thing. 1.5 hours cranking on it with him + homework. Got a bit more to do yet tonight.

.... Pretty happy with that mental victory on the bike today and have some new goals there.

WHooot whoot, gone gambling in the morning!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hx4gdlfamo