View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.11%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.22%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 27.78%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 19.44%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 16.67%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.00%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1684 of 1716 FirstFirst ... 6841184158416341674168216831684168516861694 ... LastLast
Results 67,321 to 67,360 of 68614
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I have with my 2010 5.4 and the 2013 5.0 and it didnt work great. While both trucks had more than enough power to pull the hills, the reaction time was way too slow on both and it wouldn't do anything till it was 4 or 5 MPH off the set speed then it would downshift one gear which by then was still too high then it would dump all the way down to 2nd or 3rd resulting in full throttle all the way up the hill trying to catch back up. I could drive without the cruise control and almost never have it drop below 4th or 5th gear. I know that the cruise control cant see the hills coming up like i can but it should react a lot quicker to MPH drop IMO.

I have not even hooked the trailer up behind the Egoboost yet although i fully expect it to do better since it builds its power and torque around 2500 rpm as opposed to the 5.0 that built power at 6000.
    I'll be curious to see what you think. I pulled a small camper with my brothers ecoboost, then the same camper with my old 5.3 chebby. I was very very unimpressed with the ecoboost. and my 5.3 did better on fuel.

Member #
    Images
    loons. caught the plague on my travels. was down all last week. Finally feeling a little better, but not 100%. went out and shot 100 rds of sporting clays. 50 of that with my new SXS mossberg Silver reserve. I've been wanting a SxS for a while. Finally picked one up at the auction last week. I had no idea what I was missing all these years. Now I gotta sell this one and find one in 20 or 28ga. I switched to 20ga for my upland gun a couple of years ago. I now don't like shooting a 12ga at all anymore.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    I'll be curious to see what you think. I pulled a small camper with my brothers ecoboost, then the same camper with my old 5.3 chebby. I was very very unimpressed with the ecoboost. and my 5.3 did better on fuel.
    What size and what year was the egoboost you drove. There is a 2.7 as well as the 3.5 and they increased the hp and torque on them in 15 and again in 17.

One of the guys at work was telling me that he drove one and it was a dog. Turned out that the truck he drove was a NA 3.5 which i wasn't even aware that Ford still made but they do.

Either way, there is sure nothing wrong with a 5.3. I just don't like the package that it comes in.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; February 16th, 2020 at 05:18 AM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Mournin lewns

The morrow is mundae
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Church was good. I think im gonna eat lunch then load up the kayak and see if anything wants to bite a hook.

Member #
    Images
    What he said.

What size and what year was the egoboost you drove. There is a 2.7 as well as the 3.5 and they increased the hp and torque on them in 15 and again in 17.

One of the guys at work was telling me that he drove one and it was a dog. Turned out that the truck he drove was a NA 3.5 which i wasn't even aware that Ford still made but they do.

Either way, there is sure nothing wrong with a 5.3. I just don't like the package that it comes in.
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Member #
    Tarred nether day in the books tomorrow be Wednesday
    Wandering in the wilderness.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    tomorrow be Wednesday

I wish.

Member #
    I didnt go to church this eve because i didnt want to deal with the stalker and the little something she got me for valentines day which i have avoided so far but she caught me after church this morning and wanted to come over to give it to me. I told her i had plans all afternoon so she asked if she could come over after evening church and i just told her i would let her know but i never did so now she is texting wanting to know if she can just come over and lay by me and kiss me.

I dont know how to get rid of this chick. She is actually quite hot but totally insane. Either way, i dont want to break her but i guess im gonna have to. We have never been "a couple" but even at that, i have broke up with her 3 times as in, i am never going to be what you want me to be so you need to move along and find somebody else but it just doesnt stick because she keeps thinking that she can fix me. According to her, i have commitment phobia and she knows how to fix it because she has read about it on the interwebby.

Member #
    Images

It's an older 3.5 boosted. It would be before right around 15. Like I said, it just wasn't my bag. Worked much to hard to get that little camper down the road, and sucked the fuel. I'm sure by the time I'm ready to get rid of my duramax, they will have them doing crazy stuff and I can look at one.

Member #
    Images
    I didnt go to church this eve because i didnt want to deal with the stalker and the little something she got me for valentines day which i have avoided so far but she caught me after church this morning and wanted to come over to give it to me. I told her i had plans all afternoon so she asked if she could come over after evening church and i just told her i would let her know but i never did so now she is texting wanting to know if she can just come over and lay by me and kiss me.

I dont know how to get rid of this chick. She is actually quite hot but totally insane. Either way, i dont want to break her but i guess im gonna have to. We have never been "a couple" but even at that, i have broke up with her 3 times as in, i am never going to be what you want me to be so you need to move along and find somebody else but it just doesnt stick because she keeps thinking that she can fix me. According to her, i have commitment phobia and she knows how to fix it because she has read about it on the interwebby.
    It may be time to relocate.

Member #
    It may be time to relocate.
    I was thinking maybe i could just text you coordinates.

Just kidding of course but holy cow. She is too nice to just break and she is going to break when i get mean enough to tell her to flat out f off which is the only thing i havent done yet.

I think at this point we all need a picture of said stalker to evaluate your mental competency
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I think at this point we all need a picture of said stalker to evaluate your mental competency
    X2

Member #
    The mundee has made it here. Its currently 57 with an expected high in the mid 70s just like yesterday so it wont be too bad.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    This is her with her grand dads arm, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    This is her with her grand dads arm, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I didn't know things ever got started with her .... I thought you detected some instability early on and squished it before it started.

I'm flashing on the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry suggests a threesome to scare off one .... You could try that. 1) she's offended and repulsed and leaves you alone. 2) If she's into it, tell her she has to bring in a girl hotter than her and then you just give in.

Member #
    It didnt ever get started. She just thinks it did.

Member #
    Hey look, it's Monday

Member #
    Kids are out of school today and tomorrow. That always puts a dent into the promise of productivity.

Member #
    Let’s see I thinking it Wednesday

Member #
    Since I haven't bragged much lately about the boys.... Court went off in both of his basketball playoff games on Saturday to help his team land in the Championship next week with a 12-0 record in a 10-team division.

He gets to face his ex-assistant coach who Court won the championship for last year when he scored 18 of 31 points in a 31-26 win .... his ex-head-coach was out of town that weekend.

He had to play his ex-head-coach twice this year and beat them both times, one game being 29-4 .... That dude did some shady things...

I'm sure that coach is a bit salty knowing Court is back in the championship game facing the ex-assistant coach, while his team was sent home losing to the ex-assistant coach's team.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Let’s see I thinking it Wednesday
    Could be there .... I know there is a time difference between Florida and Colorado

Member #
    Images
    Shes purdy cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Hey look, it's Monday

This is very appropriate. Like oh its Mundee, but oh look, its a banker holiday so I am still off

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Shes purdy cc.
    Come and get her.

Member #
    Images
    so, the job adventure update. I would respond to both Rex and Aaron, but I am too lazy to go back and find their respective questions at this point lol.

I put my notice in at my review, I essentially blindsided them with that, so that was a fun conversation to muddle through. I had originally prepared a whole 3 page "resignation" about what drove me to that point and what they should consider to address in the upcoming future, but opted instead for the "we are both moving in different directions" resignation. The owner pushed and asked what that meant and I explained that the company seemed to be pulling more away from the work that I was hired to bring in, and while everything was great last year, we were essentially needing a hail storm this year without branching out to more cyclical work like I was recommending. There was a strange look between the owner and the GM, clearly that path was a surprise to the owner. They opted to keep me on for the 2 weeks to "transition" my duties and responsibilities. The following day was the snowstorm on Friday that had them close the office, so nothing really happened. I had a few meetings last week to help them understand what exactly I do, and all of my regular activities since I had put the whole program together for them, but the kicker was Wednesday last week, when one of my subs forwarded me an email chain that I wasn't a part of, that a PM that I had hired now apparently had my title as his email signature. I wish the company the best, but the guy that they picked was one that I had hired because they wouldn't give me the budget to get a PM at the level I wanted, so he didn't have much experience with things. I am sure he will do great to follow whatever path they want him to, but it will be an interesting road for them the next few months with him in charge of the division.

I am going to work for a sign manufacturer, they make just about anything sign related that you can think of, and provide them direct to the client or contractor usually. They have 2 facilities in cali, 1 in montrose, and one that they just bought in lakewood. It is something somewhat unique and different, and with my background it creates a unique fit as I can help them better navigate the larger contractors that they interact with.

I had another offer to stay more in the insurance/restoration industry. But I am just not sure about staying in it at this point.
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Shes purdy cc.
    i was told long ago that there is always someone willing to put up with some other guys level of "too crazy". Ill agree that she isn't bad looking, but she sounds like more than a handful.... lol

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    i was told long ago that there is always someone willing to put up with some other guys level of "too crazy". Ill agree that she isn't bad looking, but she sounds like more than a handful.... lol
    Yep .... There was a time when Vernon was interested in me setting him up with my sister. That wasn't gonna happen ..... I like Vernon too much and he doesn't deserve that craziness....

Member #
    so, the job adventure update. I would respond to both Rex and Aaron, but I am too lazy to go back and find their respective questions at this point lol.

I put my notice in at my review, I essentially blindsided them with that, so that was a fun conversation to muddle through. I had originally prepared a whole 3 page "resignation" about what drove me to that point and what they should consider to address in the upcoming future, but opted instead for the "we are both moving in different directions" resignation. The owner pushed and asked what that meant and I explained that the company seemed to be pulling more away from the work that I was hired to bring in, and while everything was great last year, we were essentially needing a hail storm this year without branching out to more cyclical work like I was recommending. There was a strange look between the owner and the GM, clearly that path was a surprise to the owner. They opted to keep me on for the 2 weeks to "transition" my duties and responsibilities. The following day was the snowstorm on Friday that had them close the office, so nothing really happened. I had a few meetings last week to help them understand what exactly I do, and all of my regular activities since I had put the whole program together for them, but the kicker was Wednesday last week, when one of my subs forwarded me an email chain that I wasn't a part of, that a PM that I had hired now apparently had my title as his email signature. I wish the company the best, but the guy that they picked was one that I had hired because they wouldn't give me the budget to get a PM at the level I wanted, so he didn't have much experience with things. I am sure he will do great to follow whatever path they want him to, but it will be an interesting road for them the next few months with him in charge of the division.

I am going to work for a sign manufacturer, they make just about anything sign related that you can think of, and provide them direct to the client or contractor usually. They have 2 facilities in cali, 1 in montrose, and one that they just bought in lakewood. It is something somewhat unique and different, and with my background it creates a unique fit as I can help them better navigate the larger contractors that they interact with.

I had another offer to stay more in the insurance/restoration industry. But I am just not sure about staying in it at this point.
    Interesting....

Definitely wasn't cool with the old company and the email-chain-signature thing ....

Hope you like the new gig as it sounds like it could be a refreshing change...

The insurance thing can be both really good and a miserable PITA ... IMO, Adjusters are the difference between the 2 scenarios.

Member #

I personally don't like the 5.3 ... However, I only see a power increase in the 3.5 Ecoboost in '17 ... I could be wrong, but have known them to be 365hp through '16 and going to 375 hp in '17 (Raptor excluded @ 450hp)

Did I miss something?

http://www.f150hub.com/specs/ecoboost.html

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    break, fix, repeat

Member #
    Images
    Interesting....

Definitely wasn't cool with the old company and the email-chain-signature thing ....

Hope you like the new gig as it sounds like it could be a refreshing change...

The insurance thing can be both really good and a miserable PITA ... IMO, Adjusters are the difference between the 2 scenarios.
    There is that.... I guess i left out the bonus adventure. As it currently stands, they are figuring out how to reverse it, per the IRS, they have to provide a bunch of proof regarding notification of bonus amounts and such. I am happy to give them whatever back, but I am not going to take an epic tax hit because of their accounting error. Pretty much they don't bring this issue up anymore, as I am sure that someone told them that they should probably send commission statements and bonus statements prior or with said stuff...

I look forward to the new gig, insurance used to be amazing, when new starts were horrible. Now, insurance work is the same as the rest, and wants to nickel and dime, and then expect quality service in return. I like the old school, everyone makes money, when something doesn't go quite right, there is an understanding of who will actually own it... The insurance deal could make me a bunch of money, but I remember a time years ago when I went drinking/biking with the wife. I got called because of location and had to ride my bike home as quick as possible to go to the loss at like 12AM. I don't miss that at all.....

Member #
    I personally don't like the 5.3 ... However, I only see a power increase in the 3.5 Ecoboost in '17 ... I could be wrong, but have known them to be 365hp through '16 and going to 375 hp in '17 (Raptor excluded @ 450hp)

Did I miss something?

http://www.f150hub.com/specs/ecoboost.html
    Apparently i either mis-remembered or read something somewhere that was inaccurate because I am not finding anything showing a power increase in 15 either now.

You can get the 450 hp 510 HO version in the Limited as well as the Raptor now which is cool I guess.

Member #

You can get the 450 hp 510 HO version in the Limited as well as the Raptor now which is cool I guess.
    Yeah, I guess that's cool, except I imaging the prices probably start getting close to the Raptor, in which case, I'd take the Raptor all day long....

Member #
    Yeah, I guess that's cool, except I imaging the prices probably start getting close to the Raptor, in which case, I'd take the Raptor all day long....
    No doubt.

Hey youngun, you headed over the hill anytime soon?

Member #
    Images

Does this mean you are coming my way?!!