View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1537 of 1537 FirstFirst ... 5371037143714871527153515361537
Results 61,441 to 61,474 of 61474
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Im at the dunes but hope to not duplicate that. Ya never know though.
    Have a wonderful time!!! Did your friends make it out?

Member #
    Images
    Trying to finish up a project due Monday but am trying to get it done before Saturday morning so I can skip work this weekend. My oldest nephew is graduating high school on Saturday and is the valedictorian. I would like to go hear him speak and then go celebrate him. Kid's amazingly smart. Was on Dean's list, National merit winner, and a scholarship to Mines where he starts in the fall. So proud of that dude.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    now married for 22 years
    Congrats!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Have a wonderful time!!! Did your friends make it out?
    Yeah, they made it with more showing up today and even more showing up tomorrow. Its cold and has been raining all morning so its a sloppy mess but the weather monkeys claim it should be in the 80s starting tomorrow and lasting through the weekend.

Member #
    Images
    now married for 22 years
    Congrats Rex

6 day weekend already started.
    It's early now for me.... broke down and couldn't stop crying at work. And was told that I probably shouldn't be there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

now married for 22 years
    Congratulations!!!!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    welp, drug home another project last night. :homer:

Guesses
    nother Jeep?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    I believe that ties the poured steps in place, connected to the foundation without being part of the foundation. Tied in like that should keep them from sinking or pulling away from the house's foundation creating a dangerous condition.
    Steps or entrance or patio most likely
    yep, most likely a place to pin steps and/or flatwork

Member #
    Congrats!!!
    Congrats!
    Congrats Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post
    Congratulations!!!!
    Thank you Aaron, Allen, Andy, and Lissa

Member #
    It's early now for me.... broke down and couldn't stop crying at work. And was told that I probably shouldn't be there.
    I'm sorry.

Member #
    Trying to finish up a project due Monday but am trying to get it done before Saturday morning so I can skip work this weekend. My oldest nephew is graduating high school on Saturday and is the valedictorian. I would like to go hear him speak and then go celebrate him. Kid's amazingly smart. Was on Dean's list, National merit winner, and a scholarship to Mines where he starts in the fall. So proud of that dude.
    That's very cool and quite a list of accomplishments.

I went to a very small school and graduated Valedictorian in my class of 24. So, I only had to be smarter than 23 people.

The graduating class the following year had 9. My senior year was the last year they played 11-man football and they went to 6-man.

Member #
    Images
    Not bad at all

I have been repeatedly asked if I'm moving closer to Boulder for krow and the short answer is no because I can't afford to have a yard and garage like I do here if I get anywhere close. I have looked at a lot of web listings and it doesn't seem likely in the current market
    There occasionally is some houses that pop up in my hood, just off church ranch and 36. we watch all of them but it seems like the going rate is around the 400k mark, but hey you get trees, a yard and a garage in an older neighborhood.

Its crazy to say but I can't wrap my head around buying my house for what they are going for now.
    hookers and blow!

Member #

Member #

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tacotoy View Post
    Its crazy to say but I can't wrap my head around buying my house for what they are going for now.
    Hiya Loons!

I looked in to buying places near me for my son - close but not in the basement kinda places. Damn, I'm glad I'm not looking for a place right now, I'd never be able to afford it. '70s house, never redecorated with lots of water problems and only 1/4 acre is appraised at $500K
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I'm sorry.
    Thank you. Just want to talk with him

Member #
    Images

I'm sorry as well.

A while after my Father-in-law passed I walked in on my wife talking to herself quietly. I asked what was going on, she said "I'm talking to my Dad".

I asked her to tell him "Hi" for me. It made her feel better. Seems like a decent way to process stuff to me.

Member #
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    I'm sorry as well.

A while after my Father-in-law passed I walked in on my wife talking to herself quietly. I asked what was going on, she said "I'm talking to my Dad".

I asked her to tell him "Hi" for me. It made her feel better. Seems like a decent way to process stuff to me.
    So very sorry to hear. Everyone processes loss differently. Do what works for you.

Member #
    Images
    That's very cool and quite a list of accomplishments.

I went to a very small school and graduated Valedictorian in my class of 24. So, I only had to be smarter than 23 people.

The graduating class the following year had 9. My senior year was the last year they played 11-man football and they went to 6-man.
    He is at a small private high school as well. Not sure class size but not very large, under 50. So the valedictorian thing might not mean much to some, but we are pretty proud of him. Smart little bastard scored over a 1500 on his SAT's, and he is nervous about being smart enough to hack it a Mines. Mind you he turned down Harvard and MIT, too. Mines offered a better scholarship than MIT or something and he thought everyone at Harvard was too stuck up. He was pretty disappointed at not getting in at Stanford, but was offered the scholarship to Mines while he waited to hear from them, so he said that helped.

I am just excited for him. He is so intelligent and mature for his age. He has such a bright future in front of him if he chooses to go after it. And he has yet to show any sign of giving up. Can't wait to see what he makes of himself

Member #
    Images
    Awesome!

Member #
    Images
    My partner in crime with the ambulances will be on Fox31 tonight acting stupid with another Broncos super fan Orange Vader. Check em out at 9:45pm.
    DVR'd it to catch them... your partner in crime with Orange Crush Unit came off really well, Orange Vader not so much.

Although I liked the segment, leading up to it was kinda funny since I don't watch the news... the mindless drivel to fill time reminded me why I stopped watching local news shows years ago... the need to try to add drama in non-dramatic situations, etc...

Tell your buddy he did a really good job.
    Was a different take on the interview than they told him it would be. Funny cus this is the 3rd or 4th time they have asked for an interview. 2 have been canceled due to real news popping up. He keeps trying to get me to go with him but I just have no interest in wasting my time. Think this time he is finally learning it's not worth it.
    For those that missed it:

https://kdvr.com/2019/05/22/after-no...ost-nfl-draft/

Member #
    He is at a small private high school as well. Not sure class size but not very large, under 50. So the valedictorian thing might not mean much to some, but we are pretty proud of him. Smart little bastard scored over a 1500 on his SAT's, and he is nervous about being smart enough to hack it a Mines. Mind you he turned down Harvard and MIT, too. Mines offered a better scholarship than MIT or something and he thought everyone at Harvard was too stuck up. He was pretty disappointed at not getting in at Stanford, but was offered the scholarship to Mines while he waited to hear from them, so he said that helped.

I am just excited for him. He is so intelligent and mature for his age. He has such a bright future in front of him if he chooses to go after it. And he has yet to show any sign of giving up. Can't wait to see what he makes of himself
    I wouldn't say that Valedictorian doesn't mean much, it means a lot regardless of class size. I have to take a light-hearted approach to mine as people who know about it give me a tough time or some don't take it too seriously due to the size of my high school. There was a very sharp girl in my graduating class who challenged me so I had to push pretty hard to edge her out .... I worked my ass off to do it.

The offers your nephew has had far exceed offers I ever received. The total package of accomplishments is very impressive. You should be very proud of him and more importantly, he should be very proud of himself.

Member #
    pretty good tuokrow today

My partner in crime with the ambulances will be on Fox31 tonight acting stupid with another Broncos super fan Orange Vader. Check em out at 9:45pm.
    we uh.. have a lot of parking
    break, fix, repeat

Member #

Member #

Member #
    Images

I know it is tough... Never worry about crying. If I were in your office I'd been crying with and for you. You will never forget and it will take much time but joy is on the way. I prommisssss.

Pardon me now as I grab another kleeenex.. Don S..
    Burleson Tx, Where the Honey's have lotsa Miilk!
    Colorado Mountain Pass Collector for 30 years with 161
    1976 401 Wagoneer 1999 Frontier V6 4x4

Member #
    Images
    we uh.. have a lot of parking
    Can't be too hard on that dude. They were told they wanted to be interviewed because they were super fans. Then they were asked only about about Denver's chances at getting the draft.

So they were unprepared, with a strange dude asking them questions in front of a TV camera. Lots of people would have stumbled through that. I thought it sucked that Fox31 didn't at least try to make the other guy look good. Or maybe they did... Dunno.

Member #
    Images

I'm sorry. Did something in particular (work related) set it off? If not, then you work if you wanna work and screw what anyone else says. But if you don't think you are ready, then you do whatever you need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Hiya Loons!

I looked in to buying places near me for my son - close but not in the basement kinda places. Damn, I'm glad I'm not looking for a place right now, I'd never be able to afford it. '70s house, never redecorated with lots of water problems and only 1/4 acre is appraised at $500K
    Our current house will be sold for most likely 120% over what we paid for it. Crazy to think! (Also the only reason I am OK with buying property right now, is making up the difference!)

I believe that ties the poured steps in place, connected to the foundation without being part of the foundation. Tied in like that should keep them from sinking or pulling away from the house's foundation creating a dangerous condition.
    Thanks!

now married for 22 years
    CONGRATS FRIEND!!!

Steps or entrance or patio most likely
    Thanks! It is the front porch area.
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Images
    Went through most of the day believing it was Friday. It is not. This makes me sad.

Member #
    Images

Talk with him then. There are a couple of people who are not with us in body any longer that I still talk with on the regular.