View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1581 of 1600 FirstFirst ... 5811081148115311571157915801581158215831591 ... LastLast
Results 63,201 to 63,240 of 63971
    ml
    break, fix, repeat

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Hoping Rex's surgery went as well as it possibly could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It would be nice to have a healthy Rex again....it's been a while.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Has Rex ever really been healthy?

wait...

Are we talking physically or mentally?

Member #
    X2.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

It's Rex after all....so they're probably somewhat limited on what they can hope to accomplish.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    It's Rex after all....so they're probably somewhat limited on what they can hope to accomplish.
    True enough although i can't say much. I went in for brain surgery one time. They didn't find it.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    I'm not making any diagnosis, but that's how the basal cell carcinoma on my neck surfaced. It was just a spot with a different look/texture and then it finally became a scab the size of the tip of a pen.... It quickly grew to the size of a dime and wouldn't keep a scab to heal.

Please get it checked ASAP. Many times, the biopsy itself can capture it. When my initial "scoop" biopsy did not get it, I asked for the largest biopsy she could do which was "punch" biopsy of 8mm I believe and it required a couple of stitches. Mine was one of the nastier varieties and the surgeon had to take a larger chunk. Even more unfortunately, the margins were still not clear and he had to take even more out a week later.

It's not something to wait on.
    Its right where my brain/back bone should be. Im not sure they could dig very deep. I dont have insurance and i cant/wont spend the kind of money that docs and hospitals force people to pay.

Don't be stubborn Vern, take care of yourself

Besides you can always go to the hospital and tell them you are an illegal seeking asylum and free health care, I recommend the name Juan Sanchez
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Don't be stubborn Vern, take care of yourself

Besides you can always go to the hospital and tell them you are an illegal seeking asylum and free health care, I recommend the name Rico Suave

This.

Member #
    Go to the doctor Vern.

Member #
    It would be nice to have a healthy Rex again....it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    X2.
    Thanks all... sounded like it went as expected, but there's more pain early on than what they expected based on the block they put in, and the pain is in a weird place, but we'll get it managed.

Kinda funny, I've always considered myself a pretty healthy guy ... never had surgery until the age of 44 and have had 3 (minors) in 3 years. Had the longest bout of being sick earlier this year than I've had in years .....

Was feeling really good the past few months and liking my benchmarks in the gym and make a bad step and one snap creates a pretty miserable scenario.

Member #
    Has Rex ever really been healthy?

wait...

Are we talking physically or mentally?
    Lulz, we all know I ain't right upstairs any any brain surgery would definitely be "minor."

I think the only thing they've been able to do there is install some rubber bumpers and speed bumps in my head to slow down the pea rolling around up there..... much like a pinball machine.... the same lights and sounds would apply most of the time as well.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Its right where my brain/back bone should be. Im not sure they could dig very deep. I dont have insurance and i cant/wont spend the kind of money that docs and hospitals force people to pay.
    It's skin, so they don't dig to the bone. I'd just be more wanting them to take the larger skin sample in hopes that gets the culprit out of there, if there is one.

I don't have insurance either. My surgery today was self-pay, so was my elbow surgery, and so was my skin procedure.

In all 3 cases, I've seeked out great, reputable medical professionals who work really well with that situation. My procedure today was the most expensive, but most went to the facility and the anesthesiologist. Even though my surgeon drastically cut his fee, he was still willing to work out a payment arrangement. I scrounged to pay for everything up front to get the best price overall.

The skin thing was not as expensive as most would think and if you want to call me, I'd be happy to share how my dermatologist helped me work the financial system in my case and what the overall cost was.

Member #
    Oh yeah, I remembered 1 detail wrong... They circle the incision spot with a sharpie and have you write "yes" instead of initials.

Member #
    Glad to hear that the surgery went as well as it could have. Did they give you an estimated time for recovery? I hope its relatively quick. I couldn't believe how long it took me for full recovery after a minor bisep tear a few years ago from pulling my bow but I am yeeeeeeaaaaars older than you are so hopefully you recover quick.

Member #
    Oh yeah, I remembered 1 detail wrong... They circle the incision spot with a sharpie and have you write "yes" instead of initials.
    Hopefully they have you do that before they drug you.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    Got a "thing" going on with the back of my neck. It wont scab over and is growing. Its hurting perty good. From google, of course, it doesn't sound good.

This might be interesting .
    Please get it checked out. Your PCP in many cases can do this for REALLY reasonably. Call them and tell them the situation and ask for options. Paying for a $200 appointment is well worth your future.
    True enough although i can't say much. I went in for brain surgery one time. They didn't find it.
    *biting my tongue*
    Thanks all... sounded like it went as expected, but there's more pain early on than what they expected based on the block they put in, and the pain is in a weird place, but we'll get it managed.

Kinda funny, I've always considered myself a pretty healthy guy ... never had surgery until the age of 44 and have had 3 (minors) in 3 years. Had the longest bout of being sick earlier this year than I've had in years .....

Was feeling really good the past few months and liking my benchmarks in the gym and make a bad step and one snap creates a pretty miserable scenario.
    Glad it went well. Bummer about the pain etc. I think I would have rathered the pain early though. My block worked so well I couldn't use my leg for 6 hours longer than they expected. It was a total PITA. You home or in hospital?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Glad you are ok rex, now the recovery starts. Don't get frustrated, it will be slow at first then progress very quickly.
    04 LWB LJ 4.0L 42RLE 2.5" OME lift 1" body lift 35" KO2s
    91 SWB MJ 4.0L AX-15 4:1NP-231 D30 D44a 6" tomken 32" KM2s
    99 MX-5 1.8L 5 speed 23" all seasons

Member #
    Glad to hear that the surgery went as well as it could have. Did they give you an estimated time for recovery? I hope its relatively quick. I couldn't believe how long it took me for full recovery after a minor bisep tear a few years ago from pulling my bow but I am yeeeeeeaaaaars older than you are so hopefully you recover quick.
    Unfortunately, "several months" is all I know at this point ... 6 more weeks in the lock-out brace I've had the last week that keeps it straight. Then, I go into a bendy brace and the rehab part starts.

Member #
    Hopefully they have you do that before they drug you.
    Yeah, they have to since the drug part goes quick... wheeled me in, gave me something to relax while they put in the block, asked what kind of music I like, and I don't think I remember the 1st song coming on.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    My block worked so well I couldn't use my leg for 6 hours longer than they expected. It was a total PITA. You home or in hospital?
    Home.... checked into the center at 11:30 and filled out forms and paid... hung out for a bit after pre-op till the doc arrived (was really doing me a favor by coming down from Rose to the less expensive center for 1 patient) .... Surgery time was 1:00 and I was climbing into the Charger around 3:30.

Probably the best part of not having health insurance is they get you the heck outta there.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott91MJ View Post
    Glad you are ok rex, now the recovery starts. Don't get frustrated, it will be slow at first then progress very quickly.
    Thanks Scott.... Too late about that frustrated part, but it's kinda how I'm wired.

I don't know why I think this is funnah

Rex is post op

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    I don't know why I think this is funnah

Rex is post op
    He's trans rexual

Member #
    Images

Glad the surgery went well and hope healing goes even better Rex.

Being that I'm getting such a late start in strength conditioning I'm being very cautious to keep it safe and progress at a healthy pace for my age. I've got plenty of time to devote to researching how to do this right so I'm absorbing from what I've finally determined are reliable sources - a physical therapist is one of my favored sources.

What I've learned is people my age (you're catching up too) is our reduced recovery speed from those just 10 years our junior and those younger age groups are what the vast majority of information and programs are written for. Of particular importance I caught is the even slower speed our aged tendons can recover and grow relative to our muscles. We older people tend to think we can just go at our muscle recovery pace when we need to pace our efforts to ensure our tendons and joints don't fall behind and *snap* it's long term recovery time and we have to start over later on (if you can even muster the motivation to begin again).

It's been a struggle for me to pace for that approach because of my "impatience and give it everything I got" personality type towards things I like to do. The approach should be continuous improvement not go until it just suddenly ends...what's the saying: it's a journey, not a goal.

Follow recovery closely, get healed and get back to your health improvements. You can still work on your upper body while your knee heals and I believe likely glutes on a Roman Chair long before you can do squats...of course, after your knee reaches a certain point your PT should help you know when.
    Last edited by ASCTLC; July 20th, 2019 at 06:32 AM.

Glad to see that you are doing okay Rex. Surgery sucks but as others have said follow the doctors orders and get healed up.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

Member #
    Thanks Scott.... Too late about that frustrated part, but it's kinda how I'm wired.
    Did the Dr. do the same procedure as mine? Drilled holes and put a cadaver ligament from the patella to the femur?

Member #
    I got a more fuel efficient vehicle for the trek to the new job, just similar to what Dave had with the GDMF metro. I think the DMV does not like me though, they assigned plates for a guy that drives a Miata with the first three letters of BFQ...ya I'm taking them back, most of my friends and family have laughed at it.
    Last edited by Scott91MJ; July 20th, 2019 at 08:28 AM.

Member #
    Images
    I got a more fuel efficient vehicle for the trek to the new job, just similar to what Dave had with the GDMF metro. I think the DMV does not like me though, they assigned plates for a guy that drives a Miata with the first three letters of BFQ...ya I'm taking them back, most of my friends and family have laughed at it.
    "BFQ" LOL!!!!!

You are near Denver after all.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    "BFQ" LOL!!!!!

You are near Denver after all.
    I feel like I'm missing something... BFQ = bite force quotient?

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something... BFQ = bite force quotient?

Boot Fooking.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    Glad the surgery went well and hope healing goes even better Rex.

Being that I'm getting such a late start in strength conditioning I'm being very cautious to keep it safe and progress at a healthy pace for my age. I've got plenty of time to devote to researching how to do this right so I'm absorbing from what I've finally determined are reliable sources - a physical therapist is one of my favored sources.

What I've learned is people my age (you're catching up too) is our reduced recovery speed from those just 10 years our junior and those younger age groups are what the vast majority of information and programs are written for. Of particular importance I caught is the even slower speed our aged tendons can recover and grow relative to our muscles. We older people tend to think we can just go at our muscle recovery pace when we need to pace our efforts to ensure our tendons and joints don't fall behind and *snap* it's long term recovery time and we have to start over later on (if you can even muster the motivation to begin again).

It's been a struggle for me to pace for that approach because of my "impatience and give it everything I got" personality type towards things I like to do. The approach should be continuous improvement not go until it just suddenly ends...what's the saying: it's a journey, not a goal.

Follow recovery closely, get healed and get back to your health improvements. You can still work on your upper body while your knee heals and I believe likely glutes on a Roman Chair long before you can do squats...of course, after your knee reaches a certain point your PT should help you know when.
    Thanks Andy,

Yeah, I'll get back to the gym soon enough and keep things moving mildly on upper body and core, but I'm gonna leave the leg-work to just getting around for a while. Once I get to the bendy brace, I'll start that rehab slow and steady as I'm in no rush for any accomplishment, but just want to work toward re-establishing comfort and motion. That said, it will likely be 2-3 weeks before I re-invoke the truck's muscle memory on where the gym is located.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Sound_Man View Post
    Glad to see that you are doing okay Rex. Surgery sucks but as others have said follow the doctors orders and get healed up.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Thanks... Keep that Charger clean!

Did the Dr. do the same procedure as mine? Drilled holes and put a cadaver ligament from the patella to the femur?
    No, it had just pulled completely off, so drilled holes and re-attachment of the existing tendon.

Member #
    No, it had just pulled completely off, so drilled holes and re-attachment of the existing tendon.
    I am a little disappointed that there was no JB Weld, duct tape, or baling wire involved.

I am a little disappointed that there was no JB Weld, duct tape, or baling wire involved.
    Remember, he paid cash. He wouldn't want to admit it if they cut corners....

Member #
    Freakin' crawdads......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    I see a weed. You should fire your lawn company

Thanks... Keep that Charger clean!

Ouch! Hope the pain goes away quick and you're back to yourself soon

Downhill mountain biking kicked my ass but was a total blast. My friends have been trying to get me to go all summer and we finally found a weekend that worked.