View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1183 of 1308 FirstFirst ... 18368310831133117311811182118311841185119312331283 ... LastLast
Results 47,281 to 47,320 of 52318
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Not doing a lot of sleeping tonight for some reason.
    Me either
    break, fix, repeat

Clean interior....which is surprising for that age truck.
    (Well, I'm takin' my time) I'm just movin' along
    You'll forget about me after I've been gone
    (And I take what I find) I don't want no more It's just outside of your front door

Member #
    Images
    Here’s prayers for quick healing and a good report from the pathologist Rex. Wear your sunscreen everyday or you will pay in the end guys. It seems a simple thing but it is often overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The simple minded know many things that the wise ignore”

Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Clean interior....which is surprising for that age truck.
    Yeah, doesn't look like it's been a work truck. 97 would not be IDI unless it's swapped, but the ad also says it's an f250 and f350 would show knows

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I just talked to him and there was some miscommunication. I guess the truck is still at the shop for a valve job and getting the head studs done as well.

For reference it was a 2005 CC LB F350 with 150k, manual with cruise and AC. Super interested, I love the super dooody styling and all I want is actually and cruise.
    Oops, guess it's a short bed. Still what I would want though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Super interested in this one since it's a manual and I could pay cash so I bought a Carfax for it. Dude has only had it since February but I swear he said he had owned it for a year and a half

Member #
    Super interested in this one since it's a manual and I could pay cash so I bought a Carfax for it. Dude has only had it since February but I swear he said he had owned it for a year and a half
    Seems like there have been a few inconsistencies in his story.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog59 View Post
    Here’s prayers for quick healing and a good report from the pathologist Rex. Wear your sunscreen everyday or you will pay in the end guys. It seems a simple thing but it is often overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Seems like there have been a few inconsistencies in his story.
    "
    We, the company , had owned it. Legally it had to go through auction for me to buy it rather than just buying from our business. I'm selling because I had a heart attack among other things and won't be able to drive a 6 speed any longer
    "

I googled his number and public record says he's 69 so it doesn't seem that unreasonable

Member #
    Didn't try to imply he was lying about having a heart attack or the among other things part....

...the ad said XLT more than once and it sounds like it is not, I thought he told you work had been completed and then it turned out it was still being worked on, how long it's been owned, etc...

I'm sure it's all good, just sayin' there seemed to be some inconsistencies by things you've posted.... I probably just didn't pay very close attention though...

Didn't try to imply he was lying about having a heart attack or the among other things part....

...the ad said XLT more than once and it sounds like it is not, I thought he told you work had been completed and then it turned out it was still being worked on, how long it's been owned, etc...

I'm sure it's all good, just sayin' there seemed to be some inconsistencies by things you've posted.... I probably just didn't pay very close attention though...
    I think we're both on the same page

He does sound kind of senile so he was talking about how the valve job was just done and didn't clarify that it was still at the shop I assumed he had it

Member #
    Images
    I sure wish that some day i could get a handle on how to live
    " Every soul deserves a shot at a Cadillac, but not everyone should be guaranteed a Cadillac". Ben Stein

Quote Originally Posted by vb View Post
    I sure wish that some day i could get a handle on how to live
    seems like you're making it alright to me

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    I think my mission this afternoon was to make the ugliest steering components I could for the little blue shop truck. I have gotten the itch to get out of the shop and play. But am sick of destroying my steering since I went to hydro assist. With the front axle moved as far forward as it is, even with the steering box moved farther forward, the links (tie rod and draglink) are too close together. This isn't an issue until you add a mount for the ram into the mix. And I have bent two tie rods over the past 2 years, just by trying to continue to steer after I have gotten into a bind. So I am going to a clamp on mount so I can carry spare tie rods without needing them to have the mount welded on. But in order to do so I needed to make a shorter pitman arm to make more clearance between the two links. And that's where the ugly comes. Here are a couple photos to let you all have a good laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I think my mission this afternoon was to make the ugliest steering components I could for the little blue shop truck. I have gotten the itch to get out of the shop and play. But am sick of destroying my steering since I went to hydro assist. With the front axle moved as far forward as it is, even with the steering box moved farther forward, the links (tie rod and draglink) are too close together. This isn't an issue until you add a mount for the ram into the mix. And I have bent two tie rods over the past 2 years, just by trying to continue to steer after I have gotten into a bind. So I am going to a clamp on mount so I can carry spare tie rods without needing them to have the mount welded on. But in order to do so I needed to make a shorter pitman arm to make more clearance between the two links. And that's where the ugly comes. Here are a couple photos to let you all have a good laugh:

Looks great, though

Member #

Nice work!
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Well, they finished up my mailbox today and it looks good but they completely destroyed the yard. There is wet mortar completely covering the grass around the mailbox as well as in places around the sheet of plywood they mixed it on.

I should have just paid someone else to rebuild it.

Oh well, i guess ill change clothes and get out there and clean it up as good as can which will probably mean shoveling up the grass in large patches.

The pics dont do the damage justice. The whole area in the shade of the mailbox is solid wet mortar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Images
    Looks great, though
    Nice work!
    Ya'll are way too kind. Welds are too hot/fast and not cleaned up. Huge marks and divots from bending too thick of metal in the cheap brake. Saw marks left on parts that came off the lathe and could have been easily cleaned up. Mill scale left on multiple surfaces. I could go on but am starting to depress myself with my incompetence. Good thing this is for me and not a client.

Member #
    Images
    Well, they finished up my mailbox today and it looks good but they completely destroyed the yard. There is wet mortar completely covering the grass around the mailbox as well as in places around the sheet of plywood they mixed it on.

Oh well, i guess ill change clothes and get out there and clean it up as good as can which will probably mean shoveling up the grass in large patches.

The pics dont do the damage justice. The whole area in the shade of the mailbox is solid wet mortar.

Bummer about the yard. Hope it recovers soon.

Ya'll are way too kind. Welds are too hot/fast and not cleaned up. Huge marks and divots from bending too thick of metal in the cheap brake. Saw marks left on parts that came off the lathe and could have been easily cleaned up. Mill scale left on multiple surfaces. I could go on but am starting to depress myself with my incompetence. Good thing this is for me and not a client.
    booo don't be so hard on yourself it looks excellent for a shop truck

Don't forget that nobody else here could build something comparable

Member #
    I feel that the bottom of my lil trash dumpster may fail when the trash truck comes by tomorrow and tries lifting it, lol.

Member #

The pics do actually do the damage justice... That's a freakin' mess. It's on-par with the mess my one tile-setter leaves on a regular basis.... He smells like pot or beer, depending on the day he and his helper shows up. My more expensive tile setters do not leave a mess like that and I'll be forced to use them more.

It's tough to comprehend the disregard that some craftsmen have for whatever surrounds what is not their specific craft....

....mailbox looks good though

Member #
    It's 80 with a nice breeze.... Freakin' perfect in the house with the windows open.... Tryin' to soak it up.

.... was tooling around in the truck with the windows down, sunroof open, and rear slider open..... love it.

It's 80 with a nice breeze.... Freakin' perfect in the house with the windows open.... Tryin' to soak it up.

.... was tooling around in the truck with the windows down, sunroof open, and rear slider open..... love it.
    Yes, it is great weather for that! I may have to delay my evening projects for another drive

@wulf

Hey Jacob, a bit overpriced but a really nice truck

http://www.dieselsellerz.com/diesel/truck/7z2yoy
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    This reminded me of "one small step for man..."

Member #
    Are you sure Omar didn't quit doing tile work in Denver and move to OK to do masonry?

Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    @wulf

Hey Jacob, a bit overpriced but a really nice truck

http://www.dieselsellerz.com/diesel/truck/7z2yoy
    Damn, that is a gourgeous truck. My friend's dad had one exactly like that when I was a kid and I always loved it

It's also about 2x my budget lol

Pretty optimistic about this f350.

It's had the egr and oil cooler done and is at the shop getting ARP studs too.

He sounds like a legit dude, is going to take more pics tonight for me. Was talking shit about how "22 year olds just want to throw a tuner on their truck, hot rod the shit out of it, and blow stuff up instead of keeping a reliable truck" when I was saying I had passed on other trucks because of tuners 😂

Member #
    Are you sure Omar didn't quit doing tile work in Denver and move to OK to do masonry?
    I dunno but i did send in a nastygram so if you never hear from me again, have the popo look into the mexican mofia, lol.

Member #

Damn, I'm sure I'm wrong, but that sure does not look like a short bed to me....

As I look at the distance in front / back of the rear wheels, It kinda looks like :

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...590968891.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...590830785.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...589858226.html...

Am I looking at this wrong?

short bed...

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...584722833.html

Either way, hope this thing works out for you....

Damn, I'm sure I'm wrong, but that sure does not look like a short bed to me....

As I look at the distance in front / back of the rear wheels, It kinda looks like :

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...590968891.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...590830785.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...589858226.html...

Am I looking at this wrong?

short bed...

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...584722833.html

Either way, hope this thing works out for you....
    Shoot, you're right...I'm having an off week hahaha

Thanks! Me too

Member #
    Images
    I dunno but i did send in a nastygram so if you never hear from me again, have the popo look into the mexican mofia, lol.
    That would be a cartel, not mafia. And those dude can be scary.

Member #
    Images
    I bet that 97 is already gone

Member #
    Images
    Id love to have that truck!

Member #
    Images
    Cc, i cant believe anyone would do that sort of a job. I would be furious! I just do not understand how people get buy with that and i struggle to find work and pay bills.

Member #
    Images
    Hows the neck Frankenstein?

Member #
    That would be a cartel, not mafia. And those dude can be scary.
    Surely they have both, lol.