View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

13 33.33%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 10.26%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 20.51%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

11 28.21%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

8 20.51%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 15.38%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 23.08%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

13 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1892 of 1907 FirstFirst ... 8921392179218421882189018911892189318941902 ... LastLast
Results 75,641 to 75,680 of 76245
    Member #
    This weekend almost seemed like a weekend. Mundee is coming up quick though.

Bed. Read some. Sleep some. Mundee. Hopefully in that order.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Our family all got together today to celebrate my mother's birthday. So while at lunch I asked my nephew if he had any luck finding a vehicle he liked. He responded with a depressed "nope". So I asked him how he'd like an '03 Durango for the price of a brake job. I can honestly say I haven't see that kid smile more than a quick smirk since he was 12 or so. Well he lit up like a Christmas tree and asked me if I was serious. He spent the rest of the afternoon over at my shop playing with his new ride while I worked on some client work. I swear he was smiling the entire time and even caught him singing to himself while he was cleaning it out. We made plans to get together later in the week and go buy some parts. Guess he has some money saved up and it should be enough to pay for the brakes plus registration, title, taxes, and insurance. And he should still have some money left over for gas and girlfriend.

It's not a vehicle I would ever buy with the intention of keeping for myself, but it should be a safe, fairly reliable, and easy to work on first car for him. His mom, my SIL, came over to check it out and make sure it was safe enough for her son. She ended up giving me a big hug and kept thanking me, so I guess it fits the bill. I am extremely happy I was able to help. Was awesome to see my nephew smiling, made my heart warm.
    That's an ABSOLUTELY AWESOME thing to do Aaron!

My son would like to ask if he can be your new nephew?

So, I did find a '00 Olds Bravada AWD with 82K original miles for him.... still figuring things out (the hard way), the first being the fuel gauge which is obvioulsy a bit of an issue. I can manage that. We're just not sure if it is the right long-ish term ride for him.

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post

My son would like to ask if he can be your new nephew?

So, I did find a '00 Olds Bravada AWD with 82K original miles for him.... still figuring things out (the hard way), the first being the fuel gauge which is obvioulsy a bit of an issue. I can manage that. We're just not sure if it is the right long-ish term ride for him.
    Sure, I will even make him the same deal I made with my nephew. He pays what I have into the vehicle and for any parts it needs, over time if necessary. And I will help him do the work so he learns something about his car and maintaining it. I got lucky with the Durango, and my partner in crime for the ambulances, gave it to me for free as he didn't want to fix it and his kids rejected it. He knew it would mean the world to me and my nephew, and very generously gave it to me for free. So I just passed along the deal, with a few stipulations.

I have a 93 Ranger that would be a solid ride for a while. It will need some front end work eventually. But should gets brakes soonish as well as tires. It also has a couple leaks that should be at least investigated. This is the same as what I posted yesterday so scroll back for photos. If he is actually interested, text me and I will let you know what I have into it.

Or there is the '08 Sebring. That will need some work but I have almost nothing into it, and it does run and drive, as is, decently. The top is an issue I guess, and the driver's door rubs, and the interior is filthy. But again, I have almost nothing into it.

Or give me a week and see what happens through the door.

Member #
    The mundee is here. Giddy up.

Member #
    I started Scooby on some arthritis medicine saterdee. Its too soon to say for sure because she does have days that are better than others but she was up and around quite a bit yesterday so i am hopeful that its going to help her out.

Member #
    Its 102. The hotness finally got here.

Member #
    90 here now ... 93 and 97 coming

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sure, I will even make him the same deal I made with my nephew. He pays what I have into the vehicle and for any parts it needs, over time if necessary. And I will help him do the work so he learns something about his car and maintaining it. I got lucky with the Durango, and my partner in crime for the ambulances, gave it to me for free as he didn't want to fix it and his kids rejected it. He knew it would mean the world to me and my nephew, and very generously gave it to me for free. So I just passed along the deal, with a few stipulations.

I have a 93 Ranger that would be a solid ride for a while. It will need some front end work eventually. But should gets brakes soonish as well as tires. It also has a couple leaks that should be at least investigated. This is the same as what I posted yesterday so scroll back for photos. If he is actually interested, text me and I will let you know what I have into it.

Or there is the '08 Sebring. That will need some work but I have almost nothing into it, and it does run and drive, as is, decently. The top is an issue I guess, and the driver's door rubs, and the interior is filthy. But again, I have almost nothing into it.

Or give me a week and see what happens through the door.
    That's very generous ... I was kidding, but if you do stumble on something AWD, I'm sure he would be interested. He's learning to drive a standard, but really needs an automatic for everyday purposes... The Olds isn't going to be his long term solution.

Thanks Aaron, very nice gesture!

Member #
    Happy toozdee.

Member #
    Currently 79 going for 96.

Member #
    Been watching this a bit to see if there is a price drop.... I'd consider selling the RaceTruck and rocking this (at certain prices, respectively).... If I made a change, going back to an Ecoboost is a front-runner, but I sure like this thing.... (hate the bumpers -- they would have to change)

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...351333750.html

Member #

Member #
    Looks worth the money.

Member #
    We keep having itty bitty pop up thunderboomers all around us but they keep missing me. My lawn could use a drink.

she's a buat Clark
    " A mans rights rest in three boxes; the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box" Fredrick Douglass
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    The humping day is almost here again. Dang these weeks are flying by. I gotta go fishing more.

35 days till dunes.

Member #
    Happy mernins. Its time to climb the hump.

Member #
    might tie or break the record of 98 today

Member #
    Images
    might tie or break the record of 98 today
    Its too hot.... we need our summer temps to be like 85 tops.... lol
    hookers and blow!

Member #
    Images

RIP -Dusty Hill, ZZ Top bassist, dead at 72

Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    I did like me some ZZ Top. They were the first concert i ever saw.

Member #
    Its bed time but i dont feel like sleep is gonna work right now for some reason even though ive slept relatively well the last few nights.

Member #
    Images

Dad had my speed wagon out of the barn tonight. I had to snap a couple of picks. Still gotta read back.

Got to watch my boys baseball team complete a perfect season by winning the league championship tonight. Proud daddy moments. Jace had 5 put outs playing the pitcher position (coach pitch) and both boys went 3 for 3 at the plate with 6 RBI's between them.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Got to watch my boys baseball team complete a perfect season by winning the league championship tonight. Proud daddy moments. Jace had 5 put outs playing the pitcher position (coach pitch) and both boys went 3 for 3 at the plate with 6 RBI's between them.
    Congrats, man! ...That's pretty freakin' Awesome ... Those proud-papa moments are very tough to beat.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Congrats.

Member #
    Happy dee before fridee. Its gonna be a toasty one.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    I tried pulling my bow this morning and the shoulder gave a pretty solid nope. The shoulder is pretty strong but pulling a bow or in this case with the left shoulder, just holding the bow against the pull is just a muscle set that doesnt get used much in every day life so ill just have to work on it.
    After my shoulder surgery, I turned my bow all the way down. Started shooting every night as much as I could with limited pain. Once I got up to 50 arrows without too much pain, I turned it up 5lbs. Continued until I was back to full draw.

Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post

Dad had my speed wagon out of the barn tonight. I had to snap a couple of picks. Still gotta read back.
    All caught up. So here is the list on this truck.

48 REO Speedwagon on an 80s chevy 1 ton 4wd. SB 400 T350

What does it need:

Fuel tank
    Bed (I bought one the other day, just have to modify it to look right on the truck, and add my custom Headache rack made out of an old cast iron bed frame.
    Fix the floor board where we had to cut out for the trans
    Interior
    Gauges (going to try to do this without altering the original dash
    Electrical (it has the harness out of the later model chevy, just needs cleaned up and finished
    Wipers
    Heat and air
    Front drive shaft
    Scuff and wax it
    paint the frame and bed
    Would like to do some cab lights and air horns.
    I will probably eventually go with some quieter exhaust. Right now it has dual glass packs that dump behind the cab. I think I would prefer something quitter that dumps out the back.

Of course step one is to get my machine shed built so I can get some stuff out of my shop to make room for it.

Member #
    Me likey the speedwagon

Member #
    Very early morning to get Court and Jodi to his teammate's house as they are hitching a ride with that family in their minivan to Wichita, KS for the season's final basketball tourney.... I would've liked to have gone, but needed to stay back to handle some work things, which will also help pay for the costs... She did find a 1-way ticket to get back Sunday evening.

Member #
    After my shoulder surgery, I turned my bow all the way down. Started shooting every night as much as I could with limited pain. Once I got up to 50 arrows without too much pain, I turned it up 5lbs. Continued until I was back to full draw.
    Thats pretty much what i did last time and what i need to do this time, i just haven't started doing it yet.

Cool truck btw and i like the scuff and wax plan.

Member #
    Images
    Thats pretty much what i did last time and what i need to do this time, i just haven't started doing it yet.

Cool truck btw and i like the scuff and wax plan.
    I don't like the clear coat patina look. A few guys here have started applying wax to their old paint. It looks nice, and protects it but does not shine. It is some fancy wax, and you have to put it on every year or so, but I like the look. I'll post progress photos if I ever start making any.

Member #
    I don't like the clear coat patina look. A few guys here have started applying wax to their old paint. It looks nice, and protects it but does not shine. It is some fancy wax, and you have to put it on every year or so, but I like the look. I'll post progress photos if I ever start making any.
    Ive also seen where people just rub mineral oil into it which gives about the same look but you have to re-apply it occasionally as well.

Member #
    Images
    A little diesel mixed with tranny fluid misted over the body and rubbed in with a rag. Protects, shines, and doesn't come off during the first rain. It will wear off and dust does seem to stick if used and then the ride is driven along dirt right after.

Member #
    Images
    Since I live on a dirt road that might not work, but is a good idea.

Member #
    Since I live on a dirt road that might not work, but is a good idea.
    From what ive seen on the you tubey thing, the mineral oil doesnt collect dust because you basically rub it into the surface and then clean it back off but who knows.

Member #
    Its almost the fridee. I cant wait for it to be over. I like being busy at work but these last few months have been ridiculous.

Member #
    Its almost the fridee. I cant wait for it to be over. I like being busy at work but these last few months have been ridiculous.
    Yup business has ramped up.
    Wandering in the wilderness.