View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1326 of 1339 FirstFirst ... 326826122612761316132413251326132713281336 ... LastLast
Results 53,001 to 53,040 of 53552
    The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Hmmm, things are looking up today. Been needing some new tires on the tow rig. Rears are practically bald but the fronts have a bit left. But with all the money I have been shelling out lately with the move and remodel, I have been dreading the $1200 price tag. But then I found some decent condition older BFG KO's today that I had sitting in storage since I got new tires a few times ago. $36 later and a trip to the tire store, I have decent tread on the tow rig again. Much better than the new price tag. Sometimes it pays to be a pack rat

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Hmmm, things are looking up today. Been needing some new tires on the tow rig. Rears are practically bald but the fronts have a bit left. But with all the money I have been shelling out lately with the move and remodel, I have been dreading the $1200 price tag. But then I found some decent condition older BFG KO's today that I had sitting in storage since I got new tires a few times ago. $36 later and a trip to the tire store, I have decent tread on the tow rig again. Much better than the new price tag. Sometimes it pays to be a pack rat
    Damn that's a helluva surprise present to yourself

Member #
    Images
    That's a nice surprise for sure!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    ~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    Damn that's a helluva surprise present to yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    That's a nice surprise for sure!

Right? Wish more things turned out like that lately. Super happy about not having to blow another grand. And just in time for the slippery roads in the morning

Member #
    Images
    Jake - I am packing up the cream 4runner today. Might even put it on the trailer tonight. You sure you don't want it for a heckuva deal? Price will go back up if I have to move it...

Would even take the fugly green 4runner in on very partial trade. And remember, price is cheaper without the new 5.29/arb'ed 3rds
    Last edited by Aaron; November 7th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.

Jake - I am packing up the cream 4runner today. Might even put it on the trailer tonight. You sure you don't want it for a heckuva deal? Price will go back up if I have to move it...

Would even take the fugly green 4runner in on very partial trade. And remember, price is cheaper without the new 5.29/arb'ed 3rds
    text sent

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    text sent
    Lol, replied

Member #
    Images
    Got another set in there for my cheby?

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    Also, your new governor for the lulz.
    Peter P Polis?

Dig that single payer healthcare man
    "The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them" George Orwell

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BumperMan View Post
    Got another set in there for my cheby?
    Sorry not any longer. I did this past weekend, that were even on a set of nice aluminum 6 lug wheels. But a buddy saw them while he was helping me and told me he needed a set for his Chevy, so they went home with him.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Peter P Polis?

Dig that single payer healthcare man
    So he is a triple p? Too bad he doesn't even want to own a peepee.

I thought his name was Jerod or something.
    Last edited by creepycrawler; November 7th, 2018 at 08:28 PM.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    At least he is for stronger gun laws and giving people more free stuff with tax payers money so you have something there. Maybe you can completely give up gun rights in CO now.

Member #
    No that OK doesn't have its own problems but you started it.

So he is a triple p? Too bad he doesn't even want to own a peepee.

I thought his name was Jerod or something.
    Peter Puffer Polis

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by noahfecks View Post
    Peter Puffer Polis
    Lulz.

Member #
    Happy thursdee.

Member #
    Images
    Woohoo! Thursday

Member #
    Images
    Started topping out on strength last week, still advancing but damn it's frickin getting difficult to complete 5x5! I suspect I don't eat enough and started tracking what I eat in a day...holy shit! No wonder I'm a little guy!!!!

I'm 177lb with 19.5 body fat. Weight is staying the same for over a month but body fat is dropping nicely. My Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) for my activity level says I need 2750 cal just to maintain where I'm at and 2920 to gain muscle mass. Each day I'm averaging 501 calories short needed to gain and 331 calories short of maintenance BMR. I had to have been down a good 1000 calories before I started forcing food down my gullet.

Am trying to eat enough to up my energy levels for power lifting and it's a chore!! I can't even eat enough in the day to meet BMR, yet alone an additional 170 calories for gaining mass. Here's the thing, I'm absolutely stuffing myself to the point it's uncomfortable, so much so that I'm gonna have to throw in the towel, stop this madness, and find ways to get the calories to accomplish this over time.

I can tell you why this is an issue: we don't eat out (restaurant food is shit food!) and I am limiting the carbs and fat to mostly healthy forms of them, not just simple sugars and saturated animal fats. I could easily meet calories if I ate simple sugared shit and steak and brats, as much as I like a good steak, too much of that kind of eating would probably wreck me.

After just having a filling lunch and with what I know I'm having for dinner tonight I'm down 956 calories, 50g protein, 152g carbs, and 10g fat. I'll find something to eat here in a couple hours (won't be hungry though) to try to get closer but no way I'm succeeding at this (over)eating thing.

But I was able to complete my last set/reps with programmed advancement easier yesterday and am optimistic for tomorrow morning's routine. If tomorrow morning goes as I predict, then the calorie deficit has been my issue all along. We'll see.

Actually, my Basal just to exist if I sat in a chair not moving is in the 1750 range but my activity level caloric need is at 2750 to maintain where I'm at.
    Last edited by ASCTLC; November 8th, 2018 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Basal not Basic

Member #
    Images
    Job hunting is no fun this time of year. I'm on vacation 'till the end of the month. Hopefully find something by then. Anyone know anything about ACME Mfg here in Denver? They're lookin for a guy with some of my IT skills, but I don't know anything about the company.
    Lunatic #15
    "A government big enough to give you a righteous buzz is also big enough to harsh your mellow." -Zapp
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Member #
    Images
    At least he is for stronger gun laws and giving people more free stuff with tax payers money so you have something there. Maybe you can completely give up gun rights in CO now.
    I think I'm gonna retire to Wyoming.

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave McDonald View Post
    Anyone know anything about ACME Mfg
    dynamite, traps, rockets, and all sorts of roadrunner catchin shit. Not sure they are modern with actual tech stuff

Member #
    Images
    Admit it, you knew that was coming

Member #
    Job hunting is no fun this time of year. I'm on vacation 'till the end of the month. Hopefully find something by then. Anyone know anything about ACME Mfg here in Denver? They're lookin for a guy with some of my IT skills, but I don't know anything about the company.
    I have never done business with them but I know a guy that used to get all his stuff from them. Shipping was extremely fast but their quality seemed a little scketchy. Nothing he ever got from them ever helped him catch that freakin' roadrunner.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ASCTLC View Post
    You beat me in because i had to answer a phone call halfway through my response.

Member #
    Images
    dynamite, traps, rockets, and all sorts of roadrunner catchin shit. Not sure they are modern with actual tech stuff
    I have never done business with them but I know a guy that used to get all his stuff from them. Shipping was extremely fast but their quality seemed a little scketchy. Nothing he ever got from them ever helped him catch that freakin' roadrunner.

Good luck with the job hunt.

Y'know, I was wondering if it'd make a good impression to talk like that during the interview (if I get one).

Member #
    if I ate simple sugared shit
    sugared, huh? good to know.

Definitely better than the garden variety life seems to be serving me lately. "Sugared" might be a refreshing option away from shit-sammich and soggy-shit-sammich

Member #
    Images
    'on a shingle' might be better sugared too - maybe brown sugar, butter and maple crumbly topping?

Member #
    Ok, so i went ahead and ordered the roku streaming stick + to try out. I understand that other than unplugging it from one tv and plugging it into another one, the only viable option is to pretty much buy one for each tv which, if I like it isn't terrible because they are cheap but I do have a question about that.

I may be way off base on this but i assume that you buy subscriptions to the different apps or channels so if that's the case, say i buy a subscription for something on the roku that's on the living room tv, will i be able to view whatever that is on the tv in the office or the bedroom or is the subscription only good for the roku its purchased on?

I am old and i think that the interwebby may eat me.

Should be able to use multiple Roku's. I have a Fire/Tv, Chromecast, and my Blu-Ray player has apps on it too. I can use my accounts/subscriptions on anyone of the devices. And I have multiple Fire/tv boxes, one is gen 1 and the other a gen 2, I have the same stuff on each one and they both still work just fine.
    It is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end. It is the end of the beginning.

Member #
    Images
    Ok, so i went ahead and ordered the roku streaming stick + to try out. I understand that other than unplugging it from one tv and plugging it into another one, the only viable option is to pretty much buy one for each tv which, if I like it isn't terrible because they are cheap but I do have a question about that.

I may be way off base on this but i assume that you buy subscriptions to the different apps or channels so if that's the case, say i buy a subscription for something on the roku that's on the living room tv, will i be able to view whatever that is on the tv in the office or the bedroom or is the subscription only good for the roku its purchased on?

I am old and i think that the interwebby may eat me.
    Yes, let's say you buy Netflix. You get an account login. You use that same login on up to like 5 TV's I think. We have it in the 3 with no issues.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by oleblue View Post
    Should be able to use multiple Roku's. I have a Fire/Tv, Chromecast, and my Blu-Ray player has apps on it too. I can use my accounts/subscriptions on anyone of the devices. And I have multiple Fire/tv boxes, one is gen 1 and the other a gen 2, I have the same stuff on each one and they both still work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    Yes, let's say you buy Netflix. You get an account login. You use that same login on up to like 5 TV's I think. We have it in the 3 with no issues.

Cool, thanks. Any helpful hints or best stuff/apps to look at? I really don't watch many actual movies but might wanna watch some. Mostly would be interested in tv series probably but then again, i dunno since i haven't watched much tv at all in the last 10ish years.

Member #
    The last movie i watched at a theater was Commando if that tells you anything about how much i am into movies.

Member #
    Images
    Cool, thanks. Any helpful hints or best stuff/apps to look at? I really don't watch many actual movies but might wanna watch some. Mostly would be interested in tv series probably but then again, i dunno since i haven't watched much tv at all in the last 10ish years.
    Netflix has a lot of movies, and series (many are proprietary to Netflix, so not from regular TV). Hulu has a lot of movies, TV series.

I personally utilize my Netflix more than my Hulu. But we have both.

For TV, I just us the TV. No internet, no paying for anything except the TV and an antenna, one time cost. Over the Air is all free.

I use the internet and media players for movies mostly. Not too many tv shows. So I don't know what's good for that.
    I've heard that Hulu is good for TV, but I could not confirm that.

Member #
    For TV, I just us the TV. No internet, no paying for anything except the TV and an antenna, one time cost. Over the Air is all free.
    Yup, thats what i have used for a long time.

Member #
    Images
    I've heard that Hulu is good for TV, but I could not confirm that.
    It's good for some TV!

Pornhub

Started topping out on strength last week, still advancing but damn it's frickin getting difficult to complete 5x5! I suspect I don't eat enough and started tracking what I eat in a day...holy shit! No wonder I'm a little guy!!!!

I'm 177lb with 19.5 body fat. Weight is staying the same for over a month but body fat is dropping nicely. My Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) for my activity level says I need 2750 cal just to maintain where I'm at and 2920 to gain muscle mass. Each day I'm averaging 501 calories short needed to gain and 331 calories short of maintenance BMR. I had to have been down a good 1000 calories before I started forcing food down my gullet.

Am trying to eat enough to up my energy levels for power lifting and it's a chore!! I can't even eat enough in the day to meet BMR, yet alone an additional 170 calories for gaining mass. Here's the thing, I'm absolutely stuffing myself to the point it's uncomfortable, so much so that I'm gonna have to throw in the towel, stop this madness, and find ways to get the calories to accomplish this over time.

I can tell you why this is an issue: we don't eat out (restaurant food is shit food!) and I am limiting the carbs and fat to mostly healthy forms of them, not just simple sugars and saturated animal fats. I could easily meet calories if I ate simple sugared shit and steak and brats, as much as I like a good steak, too much of that kind of eating would probably wreck me.

After just having a filling lunch and with what I know I'm having for dinner tonight I'm down 956 calories, 50g protein, 152g carbs, and 10g fat. I'll find something to eat here in a couple hours (won't be hungry though) to try to get closer but no way I'm succeeding at this (over)eating thing.

But I was able to complete my last set/reps with programmed advancement easier yesterday and am optimistic for tomorrow morning's routine. If tomorrow morning goes as I predict, then the calorie deficit has been my issue all along. We'll see.

Actually, my Basal just to exist if I sat in a chair not moving is in the 1750 range but my activity level caloric need is at 2750 to maintain where I'm at.
    Eating the part can be really difficult. Have you been drinking milk? It is an easier way to get some calories and protein.

I am really impressed by your determination and hard work so far!

They sound suspect, but that isn't a bad thing for a loon

loons.

Had a good day today. Skied the pass, surfed behind the boat, and rode some bikes.

Reeeeeel good day guys.
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.