View Poll Results: Why does this thread keep going?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's not facebook

12 34.29%
  • My mom taught me if I can't tweet something nice, I shouldn't tweet at all

4 11.43%
  • It's still fun to hijack threads

8 22.86%
  • It's a good place to feel better about yourself when reading the crap other people are dealing with

10 28.57%
  • The ownage pics by John and Shaun

7 20.00%
  • It's better than the political crap in GCC

6 17.14%
  • The roller coaster adventures of Ian's romantic interludes

9 25.71%
  • No one knows I lurk here to see if you guys are talking about me

12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1574 of 1579 FirstFirst ... 574107414741524156415721573157415751576 ... LastLast
Results 62,921 to 62,960 of 63141
    Member #
    When they finally call M66, Im gonna jump up and yell BINGO!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ashton View Post
    Do eeet.
    From the only state in the USA where O'dumbass failed to carry a single county. :hail:

Member #
    They'll give you a 10 number penalty for excessive celebrating, and move you to the back of the line.

Member #
    Images
    Emissions done on Charger although I know my title work wont be ready so I will get to come back to this wonderland known as the DMV

Estimated wait time for temp tag is 60-75 mins
    I always get appointments now, renewed 4 vehicles a few weeks ago in less than 10 minutes total.
    Have you ever seen a man eat so much fish?

Emissions done on Charger although I know my title work wont be ready so I will get to come back to this wonderland known as the DMV

Estimated wait time for temp tag is 60-75 mins

I feel that pain, I spent about 2 hours and change at the DMV on Monday to get the LS400 registered
    break, fix, repeat

The Original Opie-Gone-Bad!!! Aaron's Avatar
    Member #
    Images
    Upstairs furnace motor seized last night so no AC up there.... Fortunately it was pretty cool with the windows open.

My HVAC guy actually picked up my call @ 10:30 and was at my house @ 7:45 this morning.... Found the problem and will hopefully be able to find the motor fairly quickly.

Gotta love responsive guys like that... he was able to move stuff around.
    That is awesome that he was able to respond like that!

Member #
    Images
    I have been dealing with insurance companies over the past few weeks as I have been looking for a larger policy for the business. I forgot how painstaking of a process it is. It's like pulling teeth just to get a quote. And each place tells you something different. Some only do general liability and say that E&O is obtainable for me. Some say the exact opposite. Some flat out tell me to pound sand. And only a few actually come back with realistic numbers for the actual coverage I am after. But only after multiple days worth of unreturned phone calls. Makes me wonder what will happen if I actually need to use the insurance... Oh well, got a chance at some more government contract work through the security firm I got hooked up with, and this is the cost of doing business. Should have my new policy with double the coverage of what I had, completed by this evening. Makes me excited to get going on the new work.

Upstairs furnace motor seized last night so no AC up there.... Fortunately it was pretty cool with the windows open.

My HVAC guy actually picked up my call @ 10:30 and was at my house @ 7:45 this morning.... Found the problem and will hopefully be able to find the motor fairly quickly.

I feel ya on the AC pains too, I came home to an almost 90 degree house and 2 cranky dogs. I ended staying up late to clean the evaporator which had a bunch of crap in it and a clogged drain tube, which I think led it it freezing up instead of working well

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
    I feel ya on the AC pains too, I came home to an almost 90 degree house and 2 cranky dogs. I ended staying up late to clean the evaporator which had a bunch of crap in it and a clogged drain tube, which I think led it it freezing up instead of working well
    Clogged drain line will freeze up your system quick.

Member #
    Images
    Good thing about being on hold for long amount of time, is I am getting things done!

Just finished rewiring my trailer extension cord, which I broke a few days back.

Got caught up on paperwork, and even opened the mail. Amazing what one finds when they look through the mail. I have checks in there I should deposit! (Why do I especially love seeing checks from fraternities?)

And now I am thinking of running to the back and just leaving my phone on speaker. Hold music sux though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Clogged drain line will freeze up your system quick.
    I ended up duct taping the end to the shop vacuum and giving it a good succ. got a bunch of nasty shit out of it. The evaporator is close to the AC return so I found a to-go cup lid, some doll parts, and some nails caught in it too. I straightened all the bent fins the best I could and sprayed it out with some coil cleaner foam from lowes and it seems to be working OK again

Good thing about being on hold for long amount of time, is I am getting things done!

Just finished rewiring my trailer extension cord, which I broke a few days back.

Got caught up on paperwork, and even opened the mail. Amazing what one finds when they look through the mail. I have checks in there I should deposit! (Why do I especially love seeing checks from fraternities?)

And now I am thinking of running to the back and just leaving my phone on speaker. Hold music sux though.
    conspiracy time: hold music is bad because they want to encourage you to hang up

Member #
    Images
    conspiracy time: hold music is bad because they want to encourage you to hang up
    I don't doubt it. Though I have called these specific people about 40 times before they returned my call, so I am happy to at least be on hold now.

Member #
    Images
    Hug your pups extra tight tonight. Just got off the phone with my father. His beloved pup was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. They are giving Jack, their 8 year old pup, about 4 months to live. Which is really hard on my parents. Especially since Jack doesn't have any symptoms other than the 2 growths that were removed. Sucks listening to your father on the verge of breaking down and crying while he was describing things to me. My heart hurts for them

Member #
    Hug your pups extra tight tonight. Just got off the phone with my father. His beloved pup was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. They are giving Jack, their 8 year old pup, about 4 months to live. Which is really hard on my parents. Especially since Jack doesn't have any symptoms other than the 2 growths that were removed. Sucks listening to your father on the verge of breaking down and crying while he was describing things to me. My heart hurts for them
    I am very sorry to hear this. It is kind of a coincidence since my best friend in Colorado just told me yesterday that his dog Jack who was another one of Scooby's runnin' buddies when i lived there and still has been at the sand dunes since then was given days to live due to a sudden issue where he can't use the bathroom. Jack was just fine when i was there for the wedding a couple weeks ago and even slept in bed with me a couple of the nights I stayed there.

Poor puppies all around. Scooby will be 14 at the end of November if she is still with me that long and I am counting my blessings for her having a long life for a biggish sized dog.

Republic western insurance is easily the worst insurance company I've ever had the misfortune of working with. After reading their reviews it seems like my experience is commonplace; they give you the run around until the claim expires so they don't have to pay out.

They've "mailed a check" 2x now and I have received neither. My adjuster nor myself are able to get a callback from them but they sometimes respond to emails.

Member #
    Republic western insurance is easily the worst insurance company I've ever had the misfortune of working with. After reading their reviews it seems like my experience is commonplace; they give you the run around until the claim expires so they don't have to pay out.

They've "mailed a check" 2x now and I have received neither. My adjuster nor myself are able to get a callback from them but they sometimes respond to emails.
    State insurance commissioner would be my next call.

Quote Originally Posted by creepycrawler View Post
    State insurance commissioner would be my next call.

I did not know that was a thing, thank you. It's been 2 months since the uhaul accident and their response has been pitiful

Oh no, that's such heartbreaking news, I'm really sorry that they have to go through that so abruptly

Member #
    I guess the storms decided Durant didn't need rain today so they just went past east and west heading straight south which is strange.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Okay bought a beef brisket... help, how do I smoke it???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post

Also interested in the answer to this...... I tried to once, but couldn't keep it lit or between my fingers.

Member #
    Also interested in the answer to this...... I tried to once, but couldn't keep it lit or between my fingers.
    Roach clip. They should be readily available in CO I would think.

Member #
    Images

Nice response, but bummer about the AC.
    Quote Originally Posted by gkainz View Post
    They'll give you a 10 number penalty for excessive celebrating, and move you to the back of the line.
    Only ten numbers? That's not horrific.
    Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    I always get appointments now, renewed 4 vehicles a few weeks ago in less than 10 minutes total.
    Have you used the DMV kiosk in a grocery store yet? BEST ****ING THING EVER.
    So sad, I'm really sorry.
    I am very sorry to hear this. It is kind of a coincidence since my best friend in Colorado just told me yesterday that his dog Jack who was another one of Scooby's runnin' buddies when i lived there and still has been at the sand dunes since then was given days to live due to a sudden issue where he can't use the bathroom. Jack was just fine when i was there for the wedding a couple weeks ago and even slept in bed with me a couple of the nights I stayed there.

Poor puppies all around. Scooby will be 14 at the end of November if she is still with me that long and I am counting my blessings for her having a long life for a biggish sized dog.
    Also a bummer.

My old man, Chance, is easily 13 or most likely more. I've had him 11 years and he wasn't young (definitely an adult) when I rescued him. He's a pibble-mix or something along those lines. He's definitely gone downhill a lot in the last year - growths, mobility, hearing, etc. He's been there for me through a lot so it will be heartbreaking to have him *go* when the time comes.

~Una
    "dn ǝps ʎuɥs ǝɥʇ dǝǝʞ"

Member #
    Images
    1. Rub the brisket down good with some spices and let it set over night in the fridge.
    2. Next morning get the smoker going, on a really low temp, 160 or less if you can.
    3. Put the brisket in and let it "smoke" for 2 hours.
    4. Get the smoker up to around 225 degrees and let the brisket sit there until it reaches an internal temp of 200 degrees. Do NOT rush this step, let it take its time, it may appear to stall, but it will get there. You cannot rush brisket.
    5. Once it gets to 200, take it off, wrap it in 2 layers of aluminum foil, surround it with beach towels and stuff it in a cooler. Let it stay there for a minimum of one hour (it can stay there 4+ easily).
    6. When ready to eat, take it out and slice it against the grain no wider than a number 2 pencil.
    7. Enjoy!
    Contact me for all your firearms needs. Guns, ammo, accessories, NFA......

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester70-2 View Post

Not an expert, and I didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night either. But I have had a few of my briskets place in national events, and you asked...

Depends on the smoker, and flavor you are trying to achieve (Texas vs KC, etc), but the processes are all about the same. Check out this video if you have a pellet smoker:

I may not agree with everything stated, but it is pretty good at walking through the basics. And I won't give up all my secrets anyways
    Last edited by Aaron; July 10th, 2019 at 10:29 PM.

Member #
    Images
    Then check out this one to learn a bit more, like how to burnt ends. Again, not exactly how I do it, but decent video.

Member #
    Images

My large sized pup just turned 11. I hope I get another 3 years with him. You are very blessed. So very sorry to hear about your friend's pup.

Oh no, that's such heartbreaking news, I'm really sorry that they have to go through that so abruptly
    It's really sad. July isn't a great month historically for our family, especially my parents . And of course they get this news now. Wish I could take away their pain.

Quote Originally Posted by OFRD_GRL View Post
    So sad, I'm really sorry.

My old man, Chance, is easily 13 or most likely more. I've had him 11 years and he wasn't young (definitely an adult) when I rescued him. He's a pibble-mix or something along those lines. He's definitely gone downhill a lot in the last year - growths, mobility, hearing, etc. He's been there for me through a lot so it will be heartbreaking to have him *go* when the time comes.
    Thank you. I wish you many more years with your boy. I so wish we had more time with our beloved pups.

Member #
    Thurzdee begins. This week seems to be dragging.

Member #
    Images
    Have you used the DMV kiosk in a grocery store yet? BEST ****ING THING EVER.
    Just heard about them the other day. I usually mail in my renewals. This year was not typical as I had to wait for my kid to bring his car back from UT (school) for an emissions test.

gml

Nice response, but bummer about the AC.Only ten numbers? That's not horrific.Have you used the DMV kiosk in a grocery store yet? BEST ****ING THING EVER.So sad, I'm really sorry.Also a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by newracer View Post
    Just heard about them the other day. I usually mail in my renewals. This year was not typical as I had to wait for my kid to bring his car back from UT (school) for an emissions test.
    Arapahoe county was nice enough to let me renew my Taco registration online, not sure if I'll have to go in to the office next year when it's due for another emissions test though

Ugh. Aaron I'm sorry man.
    Life can only be lived fully when it's lived outside of fear. Pain hurts, but the fear of pain paralyzes.

Ian!

Arapahoe county was nice enough to let me renew my Taco registration online, not sure if I'll have to go in to the office next year when it's due for another emissions test though
    Once you get the emissions tested and passed, you should still be able to renew online, unless you get too close to the expiry date before you start the process.
    Jeff Mason
    99 Isuzu Amigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mason View Post
    Once you get the emissions tested and passed, you should still be able to renew online, unless you get too close to the expiry date before you start the process.
    Agreed. It usually takes 24-48 hours for the e-test results to be posted to your tag #. After that you can renew online.
    Don't tell me violence doesn't solve anything.

Look at Carthage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mason View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie G View Post
    Agreed. It usually takes 24-48 hours for the e-test results to be posted to your tag #. After that you can renew online.
    well that's some good news!

Member #
    Got busy so away from here for a minute or 2 .....

That really sucks.... very sorry to hear

Member #
    I love summer, but like to sleep cold ... glad John got it going quick....

Member #
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
    Ugh. Aaron I'm sorry man.
    Got busy so away from here for a minute or 2 .....

That really sucks.... very sorry to hear
    Thanks all. I know my parents are really struggling right now.